Overclock.net › Forums › General Hardware › General Processor Discussions › [Official] +1GHz Overclock Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] +1GHz Overclock Club - Page 561

post #5601 of 5819
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze2210 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post

Decided to see what some of the cpus that have been accumulating lately would do. Nothing really great, but got a few that should make the club. I've been updating a lot of S775 systems from my church and food pantry to E8400's and just had to see what all of them would do, plus all of the cpu's I am replacing. This was the best E8400 of the four.


http://valid.x86.fr/h73u4s

Celeron 356 3.33 @ 5.02389

http://valid.x86.fr/w3h0ix

E 4600 2.4 @ 3.57597

http://valid.x86.fr/it7ys7

E3200 2.4 @ 4.23575

and finally

http://valid.x86.fr/kpeus1
E8400 3.0 @ 4.76087

I've never felt right about just adding my own submissions to a club that I am running (or helping out on) so I'm requesting that some of you check and make sure they meet the requirements before I do.

That E8400 definitely meets the requirements.... thumb.gif It's the one that I was really curious about, since I have an E8500 that I could only get up to 4.2ghz with.

So as far as the E8400 is concerned:


Sorry, I wanted to use the graphic.... biggrin.gif

Ant those were all on air using an old ThermalRight SI-128 SE. I removed the push pins and replaced them with mounting screws and a backplate from Sidewinder Computers while they were still functioning. I might keep that one for myself. I had three other E8400's, but they all topped out around 4.1 to 4.3. The good one might be able to go higher as I think that board had hit it's limit. It's the first time I've ever been able to get it much over 470fsb in the 8 years I've had it. Unfortunately I sold both of my EP45boards and don't really have anything else to push it on.
442
(15 items)
 
Q6600
(14 items)
 
Piece O' Crappola
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 E0 DFI LanParty LT P35-T2R 2 x HD4670QT512P CF Patriot PVS24G8500ELKN 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Stock pfsense Acer H233H Antec EarthWatts 430 
CaseAudio
custom onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 B3 Lapped @ 3.4 GA-EP45-UD3R EVGA 9600GSO 384m 96SP 4G (2x2) Patriot Viper PC2-8500 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
80g Maxtor, 320WDC. 320Seagate NEC ND-3550 & LiteOn CM Hyper 212+ w/PP Blademasters XP Pro SP3 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer H233H Rosewill RG630-S12 NZXT BetaEVO 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6420 GA-P35-DS3L GeForce 7300LE 2G PNY PC2-6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
80Gig WDC SATA NEC ND3540A Win 7 Ultimate 64bit/XP Pro Acer H233H 
PowerCase
Antec Earthwatts 430 none 
  hide details  
Reply
442
(15 items)
 
Q6600
(14 items)
 
Piece O' Crappola
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 E0 DFI LanParty LT P35-T2R 2 x HD4670QT512P CF Patriot PVS24G8500ELKN 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Stock pfsense Acer H233H Antec EarthWatts 430 
CaseAudio
custom onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 B3 Lapped @ 3.4 GA-EP45-UD3R EVGA 9600GSO 384m 96SP 4G (2x2) Patriot Viper PC2-8500 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
80g Maxtor, 320WDC. 320Seagate NEC ND-3550 & LiteOn CM Hyper 212+ w/PP Blademasters XP Pro SP3 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer H233H Rosewill RG630-S12 NZXT BetaEVO 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6420 GA-P35-DS3L GeForce 7300LE 2G PNY PC2-6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
80Gig WDC SATA NEC ND3540A Win 7 Ultimate 64bit/XP Pro Acer H233H 
PowerCase
Antec Earthwatts 430 none 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5602 of 5819
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post

Ant those were all on air using an old ThermalRight SI-128 SE. I removed the push pins and replaced them with mounting screws and a backplate from Sidewinder Computers while they were still functioning. I might keep that one for myself. I had three other E8400's, but they all topped out around 4.1 to 4.3. The good one might be able to go higher as I think that board had hit it's limit. It's the first time I've ever been able to get it much over 470fsb in the 8 years I've had it. Unfortunately I sold both of my EP45boards and don't really have anything else to push it on.

I too feel that I was rather limited with mine. At the time, I only had a 212 Evo for a cooler, and my LGA 775 board wasn't exactly the greatest (Intel DX48BT2). Now, my bro is using the old setup and the E8500 has been swapped for a Q6600.

I really want those parts back so I can just torture the daylights out of them, but I'm not messed up enough to take the parts he's currently using. biggrin.gif
post #5603 of 5819
Accepted and added to the 775 socket sheet, PapaSmurf, awesome validations again! biggrin.gif
post #5604 of 5819
Quote:
Originally Posted by fewtcher View Post

Accepted and added to the 775 socket sheet, PapaSmurf, awesome validations again! biggrin.gif

Apparently I spaced on the fact that there's actually someone else to add PapaSmurf....Apologies on using the graphic.... biggrin.gif
post #5605 of 5819
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze2210 View Post

Apparently I spaced on the fact that there's actually someone else to add PapaSmurf....Apologies on using the graphic.... biggrin.gif

Haha no worries man, I think he wanted the approval of a member at least, not specifically me, so no problems there biggrin.gif
post #5606 of 5819
Quote:
Originally Posted by fewtcher View Post

Haha no worries man, I think he wanted the approval of a member at least, not specifically me, so no problems there biggrin.gif

Ok, cool! biggrin.gif Seeing that result really makes me want to confiscate my parts back from my brother so I can torture my E8500, and my Q6600 too while I'm at it. It's really too bad that good 775 mobos are so pricey now. The Intel DX48BT2 was the only reasonably priced board that I could find that could actually OC anything. It was $60 and had a messed up BIOS flashed to it when I got it.
post #5607 of 5819
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze2210 View Post

Ok, cool! biggrin.gif Seeing that result really makes me want to confiscate my parts back from my brother so I can torture my E8500, and my Q6600 too while I'm at it. It's really too bad that good 775 mobos are so pricey now. The Intel DX48BT2 was the only reasonably priced board that I could find that could actually OC anything. It was $60 and had a messed up BIOS flashed to it when I got it.
EP45-UD3P and I drool xD
post #5608 of 5819
Quote:
Originally Posted by fewtcher View Post

EP45-UD3P and I drool xD

That board has a whole bunch of USB ports on the back...Wow!
post #5609 of 5819
I put my updated 4790k, and got no response..
post #5610 of 5819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overco View Post

I put my updated 4790k, and got no response..

You might want to link to it again, just saying. It'll probably get handled quicker that way. biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Processor Discussions
Overclock.net › Forums › General Hardware › General Processor Discussions › [Official] +1GHz Overclock Club