Overclock.net banner

[LAMPTRON] FC-5 Fan Controller: New Release

65K views 488 replies 131 participants last post by  maximus20895 
#1 ·

3/4" CNC Milled Aluminum face. 4 Channels. 7 different colors for the display. Option of Farenheit, Celsius or Voltage on the LCD display.

Looks pretty sweet.

The official MSRP for the FC-5 is $54.99

Availability TBA

See less See more
#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Open1Your1Eyes0
View Post

I could use that red/black themed one for my Antec 900 project. Availability/Pricing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo23451
View Post

when and where can I get one of these

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spxprovost
View Post

how much and when?

We all want to know.

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by RayvinAzn
View Post

LCD? I prefer the viewing angles offered by VFD, but the aluminum is a nice touch.

Lamptron fan controllers all use aluminum face plates.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordikon
View Post

They look pretty nice, but how good is the quality?

Solid, compared to flacky Scythe controllers. One of the channels on my Kaze Master Ace died after a month.

This Lamptron controller is just what I've been waiting for (30W)! I was going to get the Lamptron FC-4 to replace my Kaze Master Ace but it does not have a RPM display and only supports up to 20W. With the FC-5 I can use a higher output fan like this one:

Delta FFB1212EHE 120x38mm Extreme High Speed

Specifications: 120x120x38mm, -->190.00<-- CFM @ 4000 RPM, 59.0 dBA, 24.00 watts, 2.00 amps, 12v DC, 3+4 pin Molex connectors.

#12 ·
wow, me likee

Quote:

Originally Posted by OpTicaL
View Post

Specifications: 120x120x38mm, -->190.00<-- CFM @ 4000 RPM, 59.0 dBA, 24.00 watts, 2.00 amps, 12v DC, 3+4 pin Molex connectors.

Jeez, 4k rpm!? Don't chop off your finger... Also, wouldn't a high speed fan be less effective at low speeds since it was originally intended for high speeds?

#13 ·
I wonder how much this fan controller will cost....

#14 ·
Quote:

View Post

Lamptron fan controllers all use aluminum face plates.

Solid, compared to flacky Scythe controllers. One of the channels on my Kaze Master Ace died after a month.

This Lamptron controller is just what I've been waiting for (30W)! I was going to get the Lamptron FC-4 to replace my Kaze Master Ace but it does not have a RPM display and only supports up to 20W. With the FC-5 I can use a higher output fan like this one:

Look at the FC-2 doesn't have the display, but 6channels 45watts each. It's a beast.

#15 ·
Thats what I need. I have a pair of 3k ultra kazes running on two different crap fan controllers (putting both on one burnt out two of its channels).

I wonder if any distributor in canada is selling them.

#16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robilar
View Post

Thats what I need. I have a pair of 3k ultra kazes running on two different crap fan controllers (putting both on one burnt out two of its channels).

I wonder if any distributor in canada is selling them.

NCIX has Lamptron Products

#17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_milk_man
View Post

wow, me likee

Jeez, 4k rpm!? Don't chop off your finger... Also, wouldn't a high speed fan be less effective at low speeds since it was originally intended for high speeds?

That's why fan grills on high RPM fans are MANDATORY. 4k RPM is good for overclocking and gaming. Other than that I would leave it around 1600-1800 RPM when idling.

If you want a little more power there's the Delta TFB1212GHE 120x38mm Extreme High Speed which has the following specs:

Specifications: 120x120x38mm, 220.01 CFM @ 4600 RPM, 65.0 dBA, 29.40 watts, 2.45 amps, Maximum Air Pressure 26.44 mm H2O, 12v DC, 3 or 3+4 pin Molex header connector(s).

If your worried about noise buy some high grade sound insulation from Acoustipack. Knocks off anywhere from 60-75% of sound produced by high RPM fans. Especially effective on cases with front doors and no side or top fans and/or ventilation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tator Tot
View Post

Look at the FC-2 doesn't have the display, but 6channels 45watts each. It's a beast.

No, that controller is not meant to be used with fans that require less than 20W. Which defeats the purpose of having a fan controller in the first place if you plan on dialing down the speed to reduce noise when your not gaming.

The FC-5, however can be used with fans that have a low watt rating all the way up to 30W.

#18 ·
30w/channel? noice
I remember breaking my rear trying to find a nice, decent, and not so expensive controller to double my fans up.

#20 ·
Quote:

View Post

Delta TFB1212GHE 120x38mm Extreme High Speed

A part of me says both those fans will be mediocre on a any fan controller since the EHE is rated at 7v-13v

http://www.delta.com.tw/product/cp/d...x120x381mm.pdf

GHE rated at 9-13v

http://www.delta.com.tw/product/cp/d...0x120x38mm.pdf

wouldn't it still consider to run very high when at those voltages or have trouble running when the voltage is under the rated voltages?

#23 ·
they are priced well and are great quality. actually very nice. snippe dog from xs is sponsored by them and got a custom one of this new model.. looks sweet. will be on mdpc..

they are really nice controllers. im getting one

#25 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by IKIKUINTHENUTZ
View Post

A part of me says both those fans will be mediocre on a any fan controller since the EHE is rated at 7v-13v

http://www.delta.com.tw/product/cp/d...x120x381mm.pdf

GHE rated at 9-13v

http://www.delta.com.tw/product/cp/d...0x120x38mm.pdf

wouldn't it still consider to run very high when at those voltages or have trouble running when the voltage is under the rated voltages?

I believe you look at the WATTAGE and not the VOLTS. The FC-5 is rated for 30W therefore it is more than enough to run those 2 fans at their maximum capacity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.