Finally snapped some pics of my 700d project!
Unlike most of the extreme water cooled setups, I went a different route.
Air cooled and silent!
To achieve these goals I have added quite a few fans, all of which are rated under 20db's!
From top of case to bottom
(3) skythe 120mm on top, rear is intake, front two exhaust
(2) silenx 60mm intakes on top rear vent
(1) zaward external 140mm rear intake
(2) skythe internal 120mm push/pull intakes around corsair H50
(3) 40mm silenx fans to replace noisy 40mm corsair fans for RAM cooling
(1) 80mm thermaltake dual slot PCI fan
(1) 60mm Nexus frisbee hard drive cooler
(2) 140mm Corsair intakes into main bay
(1) 140mm Corsair to top HD bay
(1) 120mm skythe to bottom SSD bay (slides right into the HD slot!
(1) 120mm skythe bottom intake helper w/ extra screen (pc sits on tall carpet)
vented PCI slots until I add a second Radeon 5870.
Of course even 18 "silent" fans still make a bit of noise, so I have installed acoustic foam sound dampening all over. Silicone fan gaskets and silicone screw washers are also used where possible. Two white cathode lights have been hidden on top to provide extra light when needed. And I have an 800d door with side window in the mail to switch things up!
Now to just get my mobo back from RMA so I can test the damn thing out
Edited by Lex_Cruiser - 7/23/10 at 12:28pm