Wells folks, just finished my side panel mod!!
Steps taken to get it done...
1: Removing the side window was easy enough, if slightly hampered by two nuts being recessed into the window. (See pic) To remove them, I had to use a fine drill bit and drill around the nut to allow me to remove it with pointed pliers.
2: Once removed, I was able to measure out a copy of the Corsair window onto a sheet of acrylic to create a new window. (I did not want to use the original in case I wanted to use it again)
3: My next task was to measure the 200mm fan and screw mounts onto the new window. With careful use a Dremel, I created the 200mm circle.
4: To make the mounting holes for the fan, I made small pilot holes and made them bigger with the pointed 'stone' grinder from the Dremel. (I had to do this as using a bigger drill bit would crack the acrylic being so close to the 200mm edge)
5: I used a hand file to smooth out the cut circle, and then covered the edges with flex from a phono cable. (I split the wire and removed the core, but this is a temp until I recieve the U-Channel flex I am ordering)
6: To mount the fan, I used long rubber mounts. (See pic) They are very secure, and keep vibration to a minimum.
7: Before I started, I tested fan position for clearence, and it paid off. Once fitted, it was perfect! Temps went from 42C idle to 28C idle!
**See next post for more info**