Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Corsair Obsidian 900D/800D/750D/700D/650D/550D/450D/350D/250D Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Corsair Obsidian 900D/800D/750D/700D/650D/550D/450D/350D/250D Club - Page 633

post #6321 of 8657
I was just kidding man, nice to see another Houstonian in here.
post #6322 of 8657
Just got my 900D in(coming from a HAF X) and wanted to pick some brains about a fan controller. I'll have 10 of the Corsair SP120 HP fans in the case, and I'd like to use something that doesn't require the use of a drive bay and can be hidden in the lower part of the case. Planning on only having a CD drive in the front and doing the stealth mod to keep that hidden. Any suggestions?
post #6323 of 8657
Quote:
Originally Posted by montyman03 View Post

Just got my 900D in(coming from a HAF X) and wanted to pick some brains about a fan controller. I'll have 10 of the Corsair SP120 HP fans in the case, and I'd like to use something that doesn't require the use of a drive bay and can be hidden in the lower part of the case. Planning on only having a CD drive in the front and doing the stealth mod to keep that hidden. Any suggestions?

You can mount a drive bay fan controller pretty much anywhere on the 900D, there are also some that mount on the pci slots, so you can hook up a bunch of fans to that and hide it behind the mobo tray.

Also corsair sells the 650D fan controller separate, you can hide that anywhere.

Hope this helps.


I mounted my bluray burner, and led controller on the basement. Just removed the lower hdd cage.
post #6324 of 8657
Can definitely fit a 360 in the front. The specific one i'm using has big nipples, so i'll have to cut a notch out of the bottom of the drive bay. If you got one of those new EK low profile rads it would fit with no issues. I'll only be pushing from the outside due to the format of this rad that i'm recycling.

I'll post a pic after work.
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6325 of 8657
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBestiaHumana View Post

You can mount a drive bay fan controller pretty much anywhere on the 900D, there are also some that mount on the pci slots, so you can hook up a bunch of fans to that and hide it behind the mobo tray.

Also corsair sells the 650D fan controller separate, you can hide that anywhere.

Hope this helps.


I mounted my bluray burner, and led controller on the basement. Just removed the lower hdd cage.

I appreciate the help and info. Might just stick with a good knob controller and throw it in the bottom of the case, that 650D controller looks pretty cheap. Will have to wait for my replacement case first tho, as I just discovered this nice surprise after un-boxing today..




Edited by montyman03 - 12/5/13 at 12:18pm
post #6326 of 8657
Quote:
Originally Posted by montyman03 View Post

I appreciate the help and info. Might just stick with a good knob controller and throw it in the bottom of the case, that 650D controller looks pretty cheap. Will have to wait for my replacement case first tho, as I just discovered this nice surprise after un-boxing today..




Damn that sucks too since its on the actually chassis. My open box came in better condition lol.
post #6327 of 8657
I know right. If it had just been on the back I could have lived with that. But there is no way I can have that looking at me every day.
post #6328 of 8657
Quote:
Originally Posted by montyman03 View Post

I know right. If it had just been on the back I could have lived with that. But there is no way I can have that looking at me every day.

Not even then my friend. You paid very good money for this case brand new. It should come in perfect condition. My open box case has one tiny scratch on the top but I'm going to touch that up before I powder coat it.
post #6329 of 8657
Has anyone else come across the 900D motherboard panel being warped? I can literally pop it back & forth it's so warped. hopefully it's just because I have the case complete bare, back panel removed.
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6330 of 8657
Quote:
Originally Posted by skupples View Post

Has anyone else come across the 900D motherboard panel being warped? I can literally pop it back & forth it's so warped. hopefully it's just because I have the case complete bare, back panel removed.

i think because its so thin with no reinforcement on it, does it do it when you got your mobo in it?
LEGION
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Impact EVGA GTX TITAN X G.skill 16gb 3200 ddr4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 pro 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Ice kings magic. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 10 Wasabi Mango 42" 4k Corsair k70 EVGA 1000w P2 
CaseMouseAudio
Caselabs Mercury S3 Razer naga :( sennheiser HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
LEGION
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Impact EVGA GTX TITAN X G.skill 16gb 3200 ddr4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 pro 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Ice kings magic. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 10 Wasabi Mango 42" 4k Corsair k70 EVGA 1000w P2 
CaseMouseAudio
Caselabs Mercury S3 Razer naga :( sennheiser HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Corsair Obsidian 900D/800D/750D/700D/650D/550D/450D/350D/250D Club