Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Corsair Obsidian 900D/800D/750D/700D/650D/550D/450D/350D/250D Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Corsair Obsidian 900D/800D/750D/700D/650D/550D/450D/350D/250D Club - Page 643

post #6421 of 8657
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFFY View Post

I'll try this tomorrow night after work and report back.

Geez, just noticed my horrible grammar. I was on my phone and wasn't paying too much attention. redface.gif
post #6422 of 8657
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBestiaHumana View Post

Geez, just noticed my horrible grammar. I was on my phone and wasn't paying too much attention. redface.gif

Lol you think your grammar is horrible? You see some of the emails I get for the websites I manage at work. I swear some people are on crack when they write to me. "How I put shirt to cart buy?" I literally get emails like this.
post #6423 of 8657
900D's #1 issue, out of oh so many that I have ran into is it's structural rigidity is absolute garbage. Seems they took shortcuts to provide rigidity, which just erks me. They Corsair George or w/e his name is had to know people buying it to watercool(a huge % of the marketing was watercooling, the unveil was watercooled) would end up pulling out ALL of the drive bays. OH, and if you run into things not fitting into the 5.25 bays, it's not your device, it's the case.

OK,

/endrant.

Was a fun case to watercool in, but after dealing with it I think it should retail closer to 250$ not 350$.

btw

almost done!

IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6424 of 8657
Quote:
Originally Posted by skupples View Post

900D's #1 issue, out of oh so many that I have ran into is it's structural rigidity is absolute garbage. Seems they took shortcuts to provide rigidity, which just erks me. They Corsair George or w/e his name is had to know people buying it to watercool(a huge % of the marketing was watercooling, the unveil was watercooled) would end up pulling out ALL of the drive bays. OH, and if you run into things not fitting into the 5.25 bays, it's not your device, it's the case.

OK,

/endrant.

Was a fun case to watercool in, but after dealing with it I think it should retail closer to 250$ not 350$.

btw

almost done!


I'm really liking the copper, can't wait to try it myself.
post #6425 of 8657
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFFY View Post

Lol you think your grammar is horrible? You see some of the emails I get for the websites I manage at work. I swear some people are on crack when they write to me. "How I put shirt to cart buy?" I literally get emails like this.

Yeah, I've seen some bad grammar from college graduates. Sometimes people just don't care and are lazy to include proper punctuation.
post #6426 of 8657
My grammar begins to slip as I grow weary each night.

The copper does look good! Though, nickel would still look better with this particular setup.
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6427 of 8657
Quote:
Originally Posted by skupples View Post

My grammar begins to slip as I grow weary each night.

The copper does look good! Though, nickel would still look better with this particular setup.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't nickel break down faster than copper or am I thinking aluminum? I'm indifferent on the full copper blocks though as the acrylic or acetal just looks better. Now the guys who do the copper pipe bending have quite impressive tube work which I feel is also far more rigid than acrylic tubes.
post #6428 of 8657
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUpgrade View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't nickel break down faster than copper or am I thinking aluminum? I'm indifferent on the full copper blocks though as the acrylic or acetal just looks better. Now the guys who do the copper pipe bending have quite impressive tube work which I feel is also far more rigid than acrylic tubes.

No, nickel is supposed to not oxidize as quickly as copper. But EK Nickel plating seems to be walking on shaky ground. Nickel, can be polished or cleaned with some sort of wax and you're good to go. Same goes for copper, but just looks really nasty if not maintained properly. Oxidation won't affect performance, but severe cases chipped nickel plating can restrict flow.

My month old EK Nickel blocks have corrosion and are flaking on the corroded area. Not something I want. I can deal with oxidation, but not flaking.

There are pros and cons to both, neither of them is perfect, so choose what best works for you. If you really want nickel, I personally wouldn't recommend EK.
post #6429 of 8657
Quote:
Originally Posted by skupples View Post

900D's #1 issue, out of oh so many that I have ran into is it's structural rigidity is absolute garbage. Seems they took shortcuts to provide rigidity, which just erks me. They Corsair George or w/e his name is had to know people buying it to watercool(a huge % of the marketing was watercooling, the unveil was watercooled) would end up pulling out ALL of the drive bays. OH, and if you run into things not fitting into the 5.25 bays, it's not your device, it's the case.

OK,

/endrant.

Was a fun case to watercool in, but after dealing with it I think it should retail closer to 250$ not 350$.

btw

almost done!


Which is exactly why i picked it up for 250$ lol
 
Cerebro MK-2
(11 items)
 
First Build
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 920(D0) @ 4ghz w/ 1.21vcore Asus P6T Deluxe Evga GTX560 ti 2gb Corsair Dominator 6gb 1600mhz 8-8-8-20-1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black 1Tb LG Super Drive Prolimatech Megahalem (Push/Pull) Windows 7 x64 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus 23"HD 2ms Samsung 23"HD 5ms G15 Corsair AX850w 
CaseMouseMouse PadOther
Silverstone FT-02w G500 Large OCZ Pad Boston 2.1 Sound System 
OtherOther
Logitech G330 Headset Wacom Intuos3 Large 
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA x585 Classified 4-Way SLI EVGA 780 Ti Classified Samsung Magic Ram Crucial M4 SSD 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 8.1 Steelseries Corsair AX850 with Red Sleeved Cables Corsair 900d 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitect G500 OCZ Cloth/Rubber Pad Large Sapphire Focusrite 49 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600@3.06ghz vcore-1.1875 EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR NVIDIA nForce 680i Sli EVGA 256-P2-N624-AR GeForce 7900GS 256MB 256-bit Corsair Dominator DDR2 800 & OCZ Reaper DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200KS 320GB SATA N/A Windows Xp, Windows 7 x64 Logitect G15(orginal) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
KINGWIN Mach 1 ABT-600MA1S 600W Cooler Master Mystique (silver) Logitech G7 Guild Wars Collectors 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Cerebro MK-2
(11 items)
 
First Build
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 920(D0) @ 4ghz w/ 1.21vcore Asus P6T Deluxe Evga GTX560 ti 2gb Corsair Dominator 6gb 1600mhz 8-8-8-20-1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black 1Tb LG Super Drive Prolimatech Megahalem (Push/Pull) Windows 7 x64 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus 23"HD 2ms Samsung 23"HD 5ms G15 Corsair AX850w 
CaseMouseMouse PadOther
Silverstone FT-02w G500 Large OCZ Pad Boston 2.1 Sound System 
OtherOther
Logitech G330 Headset Wacom Intuos3 Large 
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA x585 Classified 4-Way SLI EVGA 780 Ti Classified Samsung Magic Ram Crucial M4 SSD 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 8.1 Steelseries Corsair AX850 with Red Sleeved Cables Corsair 900d 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitect G500 OCZ Cloth/Rubber Pad Large Sapphire Focusrite 49 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600@3.06ghz vcore-1.1875 EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR NVIDIA nForce 680i Sli EVGA 256-P2-N624-AR GeForce 7900GS 256MB 256-bit Corsair Dominator DDR2 800 & OCZ Reaper DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200KS 320GB SATA N/A Windows Xp, Windows 7 x64 Logitect G15(orginal) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
KINGWIN Mach 1 ABT-600MA1S 600W Cooler Master Mystique (silver) Logitech G7 Guild Wars Collectors 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6430 of 8657
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBestiaHumana View Post

No, nickel is supposed to not oxidize as quickly as copper. But EK Nickel plating seems to be walking on shaky ground. Nickel, can be polished or cleaned with some sort of wax and you're good to go. Same goes for copper, but just looks really nasty if not maintained properly. Oxidation won't affect performance, but severe cases chipped nickel plating can restrict flow.

My month old EK Nickel blocks have corrosion and are flaking on the corroded area. Not something I want. I can deal with oxidation, but not flaking.

There are pros and cons to both, neither of them is perfect, so choose what best works for you. If you really want nickel, I personally wouldn't recommend EK.

What blocks do you have cause EK was supposed to fix that problem like 6 month ago...
 
Cerebro MK-2
(11 items)
 
First Build
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 920(D0) @ 4ghz w/ 1.21vcore Asus P6T Deluxe Evga GTX560 ti 2gb Corsair Dominator 6gb 1600mhz 8-8-8-20-1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black 1Tb LG Super Drive Prolimatech Megahalem (Push/Pull) Windows 7 x64 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus 23"HD 2ms Samsung 23"HD 5ms G15 Corsair AX850w 
CaseMouseMouse PadOther
Silverstone FT-02w G500 Large OCZ Pad Boston 2.1 Sound System 
OtherOther
Logitech G330 Headset Wacom Intuos3 Large 
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA x585 Classified 4-Way SLI EVGA 780 Ti Classified Samsung Magic Ram Crucial M4 SSD 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 8.1 Steelseries Corsair AX850 with Red Sleeved Cables Corsair 900d 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitect G500 OCZ Cloth/Rubber Pad Large Sapphire Focusrite 49 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600@3.06ghz vcore-1.1875 EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR NVIDIA nForce 680i Sli EVGA 256-P2-N624-AR GeForce 7900GS 256MB 256-bit Corsair Dominator DDR2 800 & OCZ Reaper DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200KS 320GB SATA N/A Windows Xp, Windows 7 x64 Logitect G15(orginal) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
KINGWIN Mach 1 ABT-600MA1S 600W Cooler Master Mystique (silver) Logitech G7 Guild Wars Collectors 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Cerebro MK-2
(11 items)
 
First Build
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 920(D0) @ 4ghz w/ 1.21vcore Asus P6T Deluxe Evga GTX560 ti 2gb Corsair Dominator 6gb 1600mhz 8-8-8-20-1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black 1Tb LG Super Drive Prolimatech Megahalem (Push/Pull) Windows 7 x64 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus 23"HD 2ms Samsung 23"HD 5ms G15 Corsair AX850w 
CaseMouseMouse PadOther
Silverstone FT-02w G500 Large OCZ Pad Boston 2.1 Sound System 
OtherOther
Logitech G330 Headset Wacom Intuos3 Large 
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA x585 Classified 4-Way SLI EVGA 780 Ti Classified Samsung Magic Ram Crucial M4 SSD 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 8.1 Steelseries Corsair AX850 with Red Sleeved Cables Corsair 900d 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitect G500 OCZ Cloth/Rubber Pad Large Sapphire Focusrite 49 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600@3.06ghz vcore-1.1875 EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR NVIDIA nForce 680i Sli EVGA 256-P2-N624-AR GeForce 7900GS 256MB 256-bit Corsair Dominator DDR2 800 & OCZ Reaper DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200KS 320GB SATA N/A Windows Xp, Windows 7 x64 Logitect G15(orginal) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
KINGWIN Mach 1 ABT-600MA1S 600W Cooler Master Mystique (silver) Logitech G7 Guild Wars Collectors 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Corsair Obsidian 900D/800D/750D/700D/650D/550D/450D/350D/250D Club