Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Corsair Obsidian 900D/800D/750D/700D/650D/550D/450D/350D/250D Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Corsair Obsidian 900D/800D/750D/700D/650D/550D/450D/350D/250D Club - Page 695

post #6941 of 8657
I'm actually thinking of getting a UT60 480 I'm the top, one on the lower right compartment and a monsta 240 lower left in front of the psu. I was going to go with push/pull but I think I'll go against it and just go with push on all 3 rads. Do you think I'll need higher rpm fans for the monsta?

I wanted to get the gentle typhoons but they are not available in Australia any more and won't be again. I could go performance PC's or FrozenCPU to post to Australia but I'll be paying in excess of 140 bucks just for shipping, which isn't ideal obviously.


What other fans would u recommend for all the rads I suggested? I know noctua NF-12 or whatever are really good but the colours are disgusting and will clash with the colour scheme I'm going for in my 900D build
post #6942 of 8657
Quote:
Originally Posted by z0ki View Post

I'm actually thinking of getting a UT60 480 I'm the top, one on the lower right compartment and a monsta 240 lower left in front of the psu. I was going to go with push/pull but I think I'll go against it and just go with push on all 3 rads. Do you think I'll need higher rpm fans for the monsta?

I wanted to get the gentle typhoons but they are not available in Australia any more and won't be again. I could go performance PC's or FrozenCPU to post to Australia but I'll be paying in excess of 140 bucks just for shipping, which isn't ideal obviously.


What other fans would u recommend for all the rads I suggested? I know noctua NF-12 or whatever are really good but the colours are disgusting and will clash with the colour scheme I'm going for in my 900D build



You don't need higher RPM fans for the Monsta, but It wouldn't hurt.

I hate Noctuas poo color scheme too, The Noiseblocker eLoos are also pretty good fans. thumb.gif
post #6943 of 8657
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBestiaHumana View Post

You don't need higher RPM fans for the Monsta, but It wouldn't hurt.

I hate Noctuas poo color scheme too, The Noiseblocker eLoos are also pretty good fans. thumb.gif

Well I actually have 3 brand new eloops here I think they're the 1900rpm versions, but so many people here said they're crap for radiators so it's only confused me even more frown.gif
post #6944 of 8657
Quote:
Originally Posted by z0ki View Post

Well I actually have 3 brand new eloops here I think they're the 1900rpm versions, but so many people here said they're crap for radiators so it's only confused me even more frown.gif

The only problem with eloops is that you need spacers if you want to use them in Pull. They are great fans, and if you already have the, they are a great alternative to Noctuas and GT. Those 1900rpm with a fan controller should make you happy.
post #6945 of 8657
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBestiaHumana View Post

The only problem with eloops is that you need spacers if you want to use them in Pull. They are great fans, and if you already have the, they are a great alternative to Noctuas and GT. Those 1900rpm with a fan controller should make you happy.


Yeah I've actually noticed that "pull" issue when I had the fan facing downwards when I turned them on, had a terrible clunky clicky sound.

Well I got nothing to lose I'll buy a fair few more and just see how they go smile.gif

I might even use 2 SP120's on the Monsta as they go up to 2350rpm but I'll run them a lot lower just for the monster and that rad is hidden anyhow.

In saying all that do you personally thinking 2 UT60 480's and a 240 monster iis enough for sli 780ti classifieds a mobo and 3930k all of which will be Overclocked to the most possible limit.
post #6946 of 8657
Quote:
Originally Posted by z0ki View Post

Yeah I've actually noticed that "pull" issue when I had the fan facing downwards when I turned them on, had a terrible clunky clicky sound.

Well I got nothing to lose I'll buy a fair few more and just see how they go smile.gif

I might even use 2 SP120's on the Monsta as they go up to 2350rpm but I'll run them a lot lower just for the monster and that rad is hidden anyhow.

In saying all that do you personally thinking 2 UT60 480's and a 240 monster iis enough for sli 780ti classifieds a mobo and 3930k all of which will be Overclocked to the most possible limit.

The pitch on the sp120 fans is harsh on the ear. But if you can withstand the noise, they will get the job done. That's what I used before buying Gentle Typhoons.
post #6947 of 8657
Yeah that pitch is annoying..

I might maybe just get the Noctuas for the Monsta, like I said they're hidden away and have a good static pressure more so for the 80mm thick rad
post #6948 of 8657
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBestiaHumana View Post

Lower RPMs, but double the fans. Still more noise.

Just keep in mind that fans in push at low RPMs still keep your temps really low, were talking 2-3C difference.

An XT45 in Push Pull will perform roughly the same as a UT60 in push. Go with whatever set up you find most aesthetically pleasing.

The UT60 with Gentle Typhoons is what, I would go with. It will be much quieter, and if you want to improve performance crank up the RPMs thumb.gif.

I'm going with the Corsair SP120's for the high static pressure. I'll search around for some comparisons between UT60+Push vs XT45+Push+Pull. I game with headphones so I preference performance over silence, but I still try to make the performance as quiet as I can smile.gif

It's looking like XT45+Push+Pull may perform better
post #6949 of 8657
Has anyone encountered issues putting a Sabertooth 990FX Board into a 750D?

Just put mine in and it's not posting, I'm worried that the little center pin is flexing the MB. For some unknown reason it's higher than the others.

I hope I havent caused any damage, why is the centre MB screw position on a little pedistal?
post #6950 of 8657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noviets View Post

I'm going with the Corsair SP120's for the high static pressure. I'll search around for some comparisons between UT60+Push vs XT45+Push+Pull. I game with headphones so I preference performance over silence, but I still try to make the performance as quiet as I can smile.gif

It's looking like XT45+Push+Pull may perform better

If it does it will be a minimal difference. I also game with a headset and at first the noise doesn't bother you, but after a while it does start to get on your nerves.

Push pull is fine, but I would at least go with better fans than the SP120.

I have 4 SP120 hi performance laying around. Might put them on the market place soon.

What are you going to be cooling? I'm on the mobile version and can't see your sig. :-p


You can't go wrong with either set up, but if that last bit of performance matters to you, go with xt45 in PP, but if you want a significantly quieter set up, go with The UT60, in push, instead if buying 6 fans for a 360, you can buy 3 higher quality ones.


Edited by LaBestiaHumana - 3/27/14 at 2:11pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Corsair Obsidian 900D/800D/750D/700D/650D/550D/450D/350D/250D Club