Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Puzzling Problem
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Puzzling Problem

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Here is the problme that I could not figure out, but I think you overclockers might have the answer for me.

I am working on a system for a co-worker, whenever I try to go into an OS or BIOS it black screens and freezes, an ideas?
post #2 of 10
Thread Starter 
Thank you all for your replies, the base problem was a bad stick or RAM.

Now I have another problem with this old POS, when it finished the win 2K load bar the system freezes and does nothing.
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostnhell
Thank you all for your replies, the base problem was a bad stick or RAM.

Now I have another problem with this old POS, when it finished the win 2K load bar the system freezes and does nothing.
Have you deleted the MBR and re-written it?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3700+ SD KACAE @ 3.0 Lanparty Ultra D eVGA 7900GT KO Superclock 1 Gig G.Skill DDR550 TCCD 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
X2 80 Gig Seagate Raid 0 XP Home ViewSonic E90F+ 500 Watt 
CaseMouse
MGE Viper RaZeR CopperHead 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3700+ SD KACAE @ 3.0 Lanparty Ultra D eVGA 7900GT KO Superclock 1 Gig G.Skill DDR550 TCCD 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
X2 80 Gig Seagate Raid 0 XP Home ViewSonic E90F+ 500 Watt 
CaseMouse
MGE Viper RaZeR CopperHead 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsLasher
Have you deleted the MBR and re-written it?
Yes, It's trying to load a fresh install
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostnhell
Yes, It's trying to load a fresh install
Try moving the HDD jumper to cable select.
I had an old HP HDD and it wouldn't work in a newer rig unless the jumper was on cable select.It would boot to the load bar and then BSOD until I moved the jumper(only HDD in rig).
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3700+ SD KACAE @ 3.0 Lanparty Ultra D eVGA 7900GT KO Superclock 1 Gig G.Skill DDR550 TCCD 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
X2 80 Gig Seagate Raid 0 XP Home ViewSonic E90F+ 500 Watt 
CaseMouse
MGE Viper RaZeR CopperHead 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3700+ SD KACAE @ 3.0 Lanparty Ultra D eVGA 7900GT KO Superclock 1 Gig G.Skill DDR550 TCCD 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
X2 80 Gig Seagate Raid 0 XP Home ViewSonic E90F+ 500 Watt 
CaseMouse
MGE Viper RaZeR CopperHead 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsLasher
Try moving the HDD jumper to cable select.
I had an old HP HDD and it wouldn't work in a newer rig unless the jumper was on cable select.It would boot to the load bar and then BSOD until I moved the jumper(only HDD in rig).
I tried and it made no difference
post #7 of 10
Could be your BOOT.INI file is corrupt\\missing .
Can you get to the command prompt and redo it?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3700+ SD KACAE @ 3.0 Lanparty Ultra D eVGA 7900GT KO Superclock 1 Gig G.Skill DDR550 TCCD 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
X2 80 Gig Seagate Raid 0 XP Home ViewSonic E90F+ 500 Watt 
CaseMouse
MGE Viper RaZeR CopperHead 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3700+ SD KACAE @ 3.0 Lanparty Ultra D eVGA 7900GT KO Superclock 1 Gig G.Skill DDR550 TCCD 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
X2 80 Gig Seagate Raid 0 XP Home ViewSonic E90F+ 500 Watt 
CaseMouse
MGE Viper RaZeR CopperHead 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsLasher
Could be your BOOT.INI file is corrupt\\missing .
Can you get to the command prompt and redo it?
Like I said it worked perfectly in another machine, but when I put the HD back into the original it went wierd.
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostnhell
Like I said it worked perfectly in another machine, but when I put the HD back into the original it went wierd.
Thats wierd!!
Have you tried using the same cables in both rigs?..

After that I'm at a loss.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3700+ SD KACAE @ 3.0 Lanparty Ultra D eVGA 7900GT KO Superclock 1 Gig G.Skill DDR550 TCCD 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
X2 80 Gig Seagate Raid 0 XP Home ViewSonic E90F+ 500 Watt 
CaseMouse
MGE Viper RaZeR CopperHead 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3700+ SD KACAE @ 3.0 Lanparty Ultra D eVGA 7900GT KO Superclock 1 Gig G.Skill DDR550 TCCD 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
X2 80 Gig Seagate Raid 0 XP Home ViewSonic E90F+ 500 Watt 
CaseMouse
MGE Viper RaZeR CopperHead 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsLasher
Thats wierd!!
Have you tried using the same cables in both rigs?..

After that I'm at a loss.
Tried that, so I guess I can wait for other options.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Puzzling Problem