two part update, Ready for this?
first up is the issue with the front panel connectors not fitting. this is how they are supposed to look:
unfortunaly, that little door assembly takes up about 4mm worth of space that I need for the front RAD. so for now, this is what I am stuck with:
I will do something to make that look better, I just need some good ideas of what I could do. I am thinking I could make a faceplate out of the black aluminum, but idk how good it would look...
next up: TUBING! and lots of it...
oh, and I sleeved the fan wires on the front rad's fans at some point in there:
I was real excited about getting all the tubing up in here and getting the fittings tight... /sarcasm
tube that connects the top rad to the front rad:
after pushing the rad back in place I have that loop there. It doesn't look great, but i couldn't get anything better without kinks:
and all the tubing installed:
the loop goes like this:
res > pump > bottom 240mm rad > GPUs in parallel > 120mm rad > mobo block > top 360mm rad > front 240mm rad > CPU > res
at this point I began to fill the loop but very quickly realized I had some problems. this is when I noticed that water would not flow through the res's bottom port and that what little water did flow was pooling in the bottom of the case!
I was able to determine that the leak was from the fittings on the bottom rad, so I pulled it out and put some teflon tape of the threads:
well, after some quick testing, it became clear that the teflon tape was not enough! IT STILL LEAKED! so, I got out some handy silicone caulk:
that fixed it up.
it also dries clear, so it doesn't look like crap. although, i did mess up those two fittings pretty bad tryinng to tighten them down with a pair of pliars...
next issue up for repair was the res port issue.
you can clearly see the problem here:
on to taking the res apart and straightening it up:
you can see the issue in this pic too if you look close:
took it almost all the way apart. although, TAKE NOTE OF THE SINGLE PART I DID NOT TAKE APART, it will show back up again in this update...
and I got it all back together with everything lined up nice and straight:
now that that was fixed, I decided to check the PSU placement again since I seemed to be having issues with some of my other plans...
set it in place:
it fits, although I will admit it is tight, and that piece of tubing is very close to screaming in pain.
got the res put back in and get ready to fill again:
part two coming shortly!