Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › Folding@Home Guides and Tutorials › [Windows 7] MultiGPU Guide - nVidia
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Windows 7] MultiGPU Guide - nVidia - Page 6  

post #51 of 427
I want to share in the love there Im happy lol.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R EVGA GTX680 4Gb FTW 6Gb Corsair XMS3 Classic 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2 x Kingston 120Gb SSD RAID (Boot) 4 x 1Tb Samsung Spinpoints Corsair H80i Windows 8 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 24" LED QPad MK85 (Cherry Red) Corsair TX850 Fractal Design R3 
MouseMouse Pad
Zowie EC1 eVo Zowie Swift 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R EVGA GTX680 4Gb FTW 6Gb Corsair XMS3 Classic 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2 x Kingston 120Gb SSD RAID (Boot) 4 x 1Tb Samsung Spinpoints Corsair H80i Windows 8 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 24" LED QPad MK85 (Cherry Red) Corsair TX850 Fractal Design R3 
MouseMouse Pad
Zowie EC1 eVo Zowie Swift 
  hide details  
post #52 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodac View Post
We can start you off with GPU folding.

The GPU client can be downloaded:

Here (The first client in the list)
Direct Link

All you need to do is download/install the client and then run it; it will show up as an icon in your system tray.
You can choose your own folding name, the team number is 37726, and you leave the passkey space blank.
It can be monitored using a program called Fahmon.

CPU folding is a bit more work. Use the guide here to begin with. Make sure you use the -smp and -advmethods flags, as well as a passkey, which allows you to recieve SMP2 WUs.

Once you start getting these WUs, you need to complete 10 of them within the deadline to qualify for bonuses. After the 10 WUs are finished, you get the bonuses. (If you wish to go down this route) Fahmon doesn't factor in these bonus points though, so you can either use this calculator or HFM.NET to monitor the clients.

If you have any other questions, just ask.
Okey, so I've downloaded both the client for CPU and GPU. The CPU client is running, although only 1 core, so far I have not found a way to make all the cores run. Also I noticed that it appears my "score" isn't raising up at all.

I downloaded the client you pointed out for the GPU, but I just get something like "This is not for your GPU or driver might be wrong" I've searched for a program that might run my 5770, so far no luck.

Call me crazy, but I'm finding it incredibly hard to start folding. You might think its only install, pick team, start, but no no, been working on it now for 2 days to make it work properly, so far no luck..
post #53 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by CULLEN View Post
Okey, so I've downloaded both the client for CPU and GPU. The CPU client is running, although only 1 core, so far I have not found a way to make all the cores run. Also I noticed that it appears my "score" isn't raising up at all.

I downloaded the client you pointed out for the GPU, but I just get something like "This is not for your GPU or driver might be wrong" I've searched for a program that might run my 5770, so far no luck.

Call me crazy, but I'm finding it incredibly hard to start folding. You might think its only install, pick team, start, but no no, been working on it now for 2 days to make it work properly, so far no luck..
Don't worry; getting it set up is the hard part, and we're here to help with that.

Ok for the first part (CPU folding on all cores):

Quote:
CPU folding is a bit more work. Use the guide here to begin with. Make sure you use the -smp and -advmethods flags, as well as a passkey, which allows you to recieve SMP2 WUs.
These two flags (especially the -smp one) are needed, and adding the passkey on top of that gives you access to WUs with bonuses. Check the guide on info on how to add those flags.

For the GPU client, you'll need to add the -forcegpu ati_r700 flag. For that, rightclick the system tray icon> Configure> Advanced Tab. Under "Additional Client Parameters", type in -forcegpu ati_r700.

It should work now.
Megadoomer
(14 items)
 
Family Computer
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T @ 4.0Ghz ASUS M4A89GTD PRO Sparkle GTS 450 2x4GB G-Skill Sniper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F1 1TB CM Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Professional x64 Samsung T220 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX3000 Laser CM 1000M HAF 922 Logitech VX Revolution 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Asus PN5-D 750i Evga GTS 250 2x2GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB Hitachi Samsung Super Writemaster Windows 7 Professional x64 19" Dell 
PowerCase
Corsair 450VX Antec 900 
  hide details  
Megadoomer
(14 items)
 
Family Computer
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T @ 4.0Ghz ASUS M4A89GTD PRO Sparkle GTS 450 2x4GB G-Skill Sniper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F1 1TB CM Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Professional x64 Samsung T220 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX3000 Laser CM 1000M HAF 922 Logitech VX Revolution 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Asus PN5-D 750i Evga GTS 250 2x2GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB Hitachi Samsung Super Writemaster Windows 7 Professional x64 19" Dell 
PowerCase
Corsair 450VX Antec 900 
  hide details  
post #54 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodac View Post
Don't worry; getting it set up is the hard part, and we're here to help with that.

Ok for the first part (CPU folding on all cores):



These two flags (especially the -smp one) are needed, and adding the passkey on top of that gives you access to WUs with bonuses. Check the guide on info on how to add those flags.

For the GPU client, you'll need to add the -forcegpu ati_r700 flag. For that, rightclick the system tray icon> Configure> Advanced Tab. Under "Additional Client Parameters", type in -forcegpu ati_r700.

It should work now.
I put -smp to the run line and now I cant open the program! When ever I click it, it says "loading" and 10 sec later it shuts down.

I cannot add the -forcegpu ati_r700 flag because I cannot open the client.

"At the present your GPU is not supported or you need a current driver. You may wish to consider running our stadard client, which you can download at folding.stanford.edu."

post #55 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by CULLEN View Post
I put -smp to the run line and now I cant open the program! When ever I click it, it says "loading" and 10 sec later it shuts down.
Did you make sure to put a space after the " marks? And it is the SMP client (the one that runs in the command line, NOT in the system tray)?

EDIT: The "run" line? The nearest line to that is the "Comments" line. You'll need to add the flag at the end of the "Target" field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULLEN View Post
I cannot add the -forcegpu ati_r700 flag because I cannot open the client.

"At the present your GPU is not supported or you need a current driver. You may wish to consider running our stadard client, which you can download at folding.stanford.edu."
Ahh, apologies. An oversight on my part.

What you need to do is make a shortcut of the folding@home.exe (in C> Program Files (x86)> Folding@Home> Folding@Home-gpu), rightclick the shortcut and choose Properties, then add the flag at the end of the "Target" field (with a space after the quotation marks).

EDIT2:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbassplayerxx View Post
Fanx bud :
Ha, never seen that smiley before. Gonna start using that....


Edited by zodac - 2/28/10 at 5:45pm
Megadoomer
(14 items)
 
Family Computer
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T @ 4.0Ghz ASUS M4A89GTD PRO Sparkle GTS 450 2x4GB G-Skill Sniper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F1 1TB CM Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Professional x64 Samsung T220 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX3000 Laser CM 1000M HAF 922 Logitech VX Revolution 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Asus PN5-D 750i Evga GTS 250 2x2GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB Hitachi Samsung Super Writemaster Windows 7 Professional x64 19" Dell 
PowerCase
Corsair 450VX Antec 900 
  hide details  
Megadoomer
(14 items)
 
Family Computer
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T @ 4.0Ghz ASUS M4A89GTD PRO Sparkle GTS 450 2x4GB G-Skill Sniper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F1 1TB CM Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Professional x64 Samsung T220 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX3000 Laser CM 1000M HAF 922 Logitech VX Revolution 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Asus PN5-D 750i Evga GTS 250 2x2GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB Hitachi Samsung Super Writemaster Windows 7 Professional x64 19" Dell 
PowerCase
Corsair 450VX Antec 900 
  hide details  
post #56 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodac View Post
Did you make sure to put a space after the " marks? And it is the SMP client (the one that runs in the command line, NOT in the system tray)?

EDIT: The "run" line? The nearest line to that is the "Comments" line. You'll need to add the flag at the end of the "Target" field.



Ahh, apologies. An oversight on my part.

What you need to do is make a shortcut of the folding@home.exe (in C> Program Files (x86)> Folding@Home> Folding@Home-gpu), rightclick the shortcut and choose Properties, then add the flag at the end of the "Target" field (with a space after the quotation marks).
I manged to make it stop closing. At the moment its "Working 30/1500". When I said run line, I meant the Client Parameters. When I add "-smp" it crashes. Also when I press "View user statics" I get blank page, so I might as well be doing absolutely nothing.

Silly me for not figuring out that a simple shortcut could and most likely would do the charm. However I only got brand new "error" after I made the shortcut.

post #57 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by CULLEN View Post
I manged to make it stop closing. At the moment its "Working 30/1500". When I said run line, I meant the Client Parameters. When I add "-smp" it crashes. Also when I press "View user statics" I get blank page, so I might as well be doing absolutely nothing.
If you're editting the client parameters, I'm thinking you're in the client control panel (rightclick> Configure). If that's the case, that's not the SMP client.

Here's the direct link, just to be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULLEN View Post
Silly me for not figuring out that a simple shortcut could and most likely would do the charm. However I only got brand new "error" after I made the shortcut.

*snip*
Not sure about this; only explanation is you entered the flag wrong. It should look like this:

"~.exe" -forcegpu ati_r700

Note the spaces. Maybe post a screenshot if you already entered it correctly?

EDIT: Ok, sorry but I'm gonna go now; gotta be up in the morning. Someone will be along soon enough (ablearcher is normally here by now; he'll be on pretty soon). Good luck, and I'll answer any posts when i get back.
Edited by zodac - 2/28/10 at 6:50pm
Megadoomer
(14 items)
 
Family Computer
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T @ 4.0Ghz ASUS M4A89GTD PRO Sparkle GTS 450 2x4GB G-Skill Sniper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F1 1TB CM Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Professional x64 Samsung T220 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX3000 Laser CM 1000M HAF 922 Logitech VX Revolution 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Asus PN5-D 750i Evga GTS 250 2x2GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB Hitachi Samsung Super Writemaster Windows 7 Professional x64 19" Dell 
PowerCase
Corsair 450VX Antec 900 
  hide details  
Megadoomer
(14 items)
 
Family Computer
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T @ 4.0Ghz ASUS M4A89GTD PRO Sparkle GTS 450 2x4GB G-Skill Sniper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F1 1TB CM Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Professional x64 Samsung T220 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX3000 Laser CM 1000M HAF 922 Logitech VX Revolution 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Asus PN5-D 750i Evga GTS 250 2x2GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB Hitachi Samsung Super Writemaster Windows 7 Professional x64 19" Dell 
PowerCase
Corsair 450VX Antec 900 
  hide details  
post #58 of 427
I'll try out the other cpu application, but I'll send you the picture GPU line.



* EDIT

Seems like all 4 cores are now running properly! If anyone can verify that I'm actually folding (uploading ect), I'd be grateful! Nickname: CULLEN - Team: 37726
Edited by CULLEN - 2/28/10 at 7:50pm
post #59 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by CULLEN View Post
I'll try out the other cpu application, but I'll send you the picture GPU line.

*snip*
OK, after the -forcegpu flag, add -gpu 0 (space after -forcegpu ati_r700, and space between gpu and 0).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULLEN View Post
* EDIT

Seems like all 4 cores are now running properly! If anyone can verify that I'm actually folding (uploading ect), I'd be grateful! Nickname: CULLEN - Team: 37726
You're folding, but not for OCN yet. SMP WUs take a couple of days to finish though, so it might not update for a bit. Let's get the GPU sorted and it'll show you're folding for us by tonight.
Megadoomer
(14 items)
 
Family Computer
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T @ 4.0Ghz ASUS M4A89GTD PRO Sparkle GTS 450 2x4GB G-Skill Sniper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F1 1TB CM Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Professional x64 Samsung T220 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX3000 Laser CM 1000M HAF 922 Logitech VX Revolution 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Asus PN5-D 750i Evga GTS 250 2x2GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB Hitachi Samsung Super Writemaster Windows 7 Professional x64 19" Dell 
PowerCase
Corsair 450VX Antec 900 
  hide details  
Megadoomer
(14 items)
 
Family Computer
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T @ 4.0Ghz ASUS M4A89GTD PRO Sparkle GTS 450 2x4GB G-Skill Sniper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F1 1TB CM Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Professional x64 Samsung T220 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX3000 Laser CM 1000M HAF 922 Logitech VX Revolution 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Asus PN5-D 750i Evga GTS 250 2x2GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB Hitachi Samsung Super Writemaster Windows 7 Professional x64 19" Dell 
PowerCase
Corsair 450VX Antec 900 
  hide details  
post #60 of 427
You might just be the most genius, ever.



Only thing bugging me right now is it says anonymous even though I enterd my nickname. But if I'm really folding that thats all that matters although I'd like to join the ocn folding team as soon as possible..
Edited by CULLEN - 3/1/10 at 5:27am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › Folding@Home Guides and Tutorials › [Windows 7] MultiGPU Guide - nVidia