Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery - Page 1888

post #18871 of 106461
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post

This thumb.gif
Those of us in the know or who were affected, will cry wolf. Tbh, that's sentiment customers have after a company treats its customers like crap.

Dont get funny mate,i have been a part of RRT for a long time now,we were doing the testing when others sat on their ass.
EK do have a hard task of clawing back some customer confidence but that is no excuse to panel them for something which,to my mind,is not their fault.

Im not singling anyone out in particular,just this 'bash EK' mentality which is not constructive.

I use EK...just not nickel plated EK..Copper is love.
Edited by B NEGATIVE - 3/28/12 at 2:42am
MILSPEC II
(8 items)
 
| LUMO |
(6 items)
 
CLoS3 IMPACT
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5820k X99m WS 980ti strix 980ti strix 
RAMHard DrivePowerCase
KLEVV Cras DDR4  3tb Red Corsair 600w SFX + 450w SFX Caselabs BH4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4970k Z97 Gryphon GTX 680 x2 Crucial Ballistix Elite 16Gb 
PowerCase
Be Quiet Dark Power 850 InWin D Frame Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASUS Impact ITX R9 290 Gskill Trident 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCase
Samsung EV0 250 x2 WD black Loop.....oh yes...... Caselabs S3....modded 
  hide details  
Reply
MILSPEC II
(8 items)
 
| LUMO |
(6 items)
 
CLoS3 IMPACT
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5820k X99m WS 980ti strix 980ti strix 
RAMHard DrivePowerCase
KLEVV Cras DDR4  3tb Red Corsair 600w SFX + 450w SFX Caselabs BH4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4970k Z97 Gryphon GTX 680 x2 Crucial Ballistix Elite 16Gb 
PowerCase
Be Quiet Dark Power 850 InWin D Frame Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASUS Impact ITX R9 290 Gskill Trident 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCase
Samsung EV0 250 x2 WD black Loop.....oh yes...... Caselabs S3....modded 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18872 of 106461
3930k in the talks, loop here and tested for leaks.

I can't believe I haven't gotten into water sooner... been running strictly air since the Core 2 was the best thing since sliced bread.

Just running the setup, bare, on the table, makes me tingle inside. Those pictures will be uploaded hard once I grab a PSU, then I can finally be part of my favorite club to sight see.
Little Black Box
(18 items)
 
Vostro
(7 items)
 
Galaxy S4
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k AsRock Fatal1ty Z170 ITX EVGA GTX 980 SC G. Skill Trident Z 16GB(2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 64GB Samsung 840 Evo 120GB Seagate ST 2TB Seagate ST 500GB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H60 Win 10 Pro Planar PX2710MW AOC U2868PQU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rosewill RGB80 Corsair HX850 Corsair Obsidian 250D Logitech M705 
Mouse Pad
XTrac Ripper XL 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo T5670 Dell OEM Intel GMA 950 3Gb DDR2-667 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
WD Scorpio Blue 250Gb Linux Ubuntu 12.10 x64 15.4" Tru-Bright 1280x800 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Snapdragon 600 MSM8960 Adreno 320 2GB LPDDR 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
16GB+16GB Jelly Bean 4.2.2 JDQ 1080p 
  hide details  
Reply
Little Black Box
(18 items)
 
Vostro
(7 items)
 
Galaxy S4
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k AsRock Fatal1ty Z170 ITX EVGA GTX 980 SC G. Skill Trident Z 16GB(2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 64GB Samsung 840 Evo 120GB Seagate ST 2TB Seagate ST 500GB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H60 Win 10 Pro Planar PX2710MW AOC U2868PQU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rosewill RGB80 Corsair HX850 Corsair Obsidian 250D Logitech M705 
Mouse Pad
XTrac Ripper XL 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo T5670 Dell OEM Intel GMA 950 3Gb DDR2-667 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
WD Scorpio Blue 250Gb Linux Ubuntu 12.10 x64 15.4" Tru-Bright 1280x800 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Snapdragon 600 MSM8960 Adreno 320 2GB LPDDR 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
16GB+16GB Jelly Bean 4.2.2 JDQ 1080p 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18873 of 106461
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJesus View Post

I honestly can't believe I was the one singled out rolleyes.gif Others said that it seemed like an issue with the plating. Its kind of what happens when the company is known for plating failures...
Completely possible its just sediment, but I wasn't going to tell him to take the top off until he contacted the aforementioned companies.

You were singled out because your post blaming the plating is directly below the OP, you were the first to comment on it.
MILSPEC II
(8 items)
 
| LUMO |
(6 items)
 
CLoS3 IMPACT
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5820k X99m WS 980ti strix 980ti strix 
RAMHard DrivePowerCase
KLEVV Cras DDR4  3tb Red Corsair 600w SFX + 450w SFX Caselabs BH4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4970k Z97 Gryphon GTX 680 x2 Crucial Ballistix Elite 16Gb 
PowerCase
Be Quiet Dark Power 850 InWin D Frame Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASUS Impact ITX R9 290 Gskill Trident 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCase
Samsung EV0 250 x2 WD black Loop.....oh yes...... Caselabs S3....modded 
  hide details  
Reply
MILSPEC II
(8 items)
 
| LUMO |
(6 items)
 
CLoS3 IMPACT
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5820k X99m WS 980ti strix 980ti strix 
RAMHard DrivePowerCase
KLEVV Cras DDR4  3tb Red Corsair 600w SFX + 450w SFX Caselabs BH4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4970k Z97 Gryphon GTX 680 x2 Crucial Ballistix Elite 16Gb 
PowerCase
Be Quiet Dark Power 850 InWin D Frame Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASUS Impact ITX R9 290 Gskill Trident 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCase
Samsung EV0 250 x2 WD black Loop.....oh yes...... Caselabs S3....modded 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18874 of 106461
Quote:
Originally Posted by B NEGATIVE View Post

You were singled out because your post blaming the plating is directly below the OP, you were the first to comment on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by B NEGATIVE View Post

Dont get funny mate,i have been a part of RRT for a long time now,we were doing the testing when others sat on their ass.
EK do have a hard task of clawing back some customer confidence but that is no excuse to panel them for something which,to my mind,is not their fault.
Im not singling anyone out in particular,just this 'bash EK' mentality which is not constructive.
I use EK...just not nickel plated EK..Copper is love.

Someone from RRT crew I would think they should be still pissed at what ek did. Sounds like someone has a tie to EK. I've seen quite a few members stick up for ek. Not as many like xs.org. RRT was a very voiced community. I followed the situation closely. I don't have my own lab equipment nor do I have money to do a major study, so I sat on my ass appreciating what others were doing to find answers since ek was not giving any. The way you are defending them sounds like you have some tie or sponsorship from them. When a product fails, many people don't forget and the stigma will continue with the company. Those who have been scared will continue to voice their displeasure. I don't care whether you choose copper or nickel, if a product fails, well I will not ignore it in order to help my community. One thing i learned from following RRT was that the community stuck together and took on a company. Even if many us could only provide info based on our experience. Constructive posts can help a member buy a product or avoid them. EK is still having issues even with their EN electroless plating.

You starting calling out people because they don't like a product, which makes you sound like a true fanboy that's been boug....sponsored by EK. See, how easy it is to call out some one based on their negative comment? That's how I feel based on your actions. Just like feel cheated by EK by their actions. People have a right to say a product sucks if they believe it sucks and can show some shred of evidence. How would you feel if hundreds of dollars/pounds worth of equipment failed? Yeah. I have right to say EK products are still not good. I'm not going on defending Danger Den or Heatkiller for any negative comment people say about. But I will say how good their products are since they have worked great for me. I have never used Koolance, yet I have seen reports to them failing. So, I'll also warn folks about them too.

I'm sure you'll fire back with some blah, blah, blah, EK this and that, don't say bad things about them, they rule. Whatever dude. Someone who was part of the storm totally forgot and forgave a company who didn't care about its customers.
Edited by wermad - 3/28/12 at 3:28am
post #18875 of 106461
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post

Someone from RRT crew I would think they should be still pissed at what ek did. Sounds like someone has a tie to EK. I've seen quite a few members stick up for ek. Not as many like xs.org. RRT was a very voiced community. I followed the situation closely. I don't have my own lab equipment nor do I have money to do a major study, so I sat on my ass appreciating what others were doing to find answers since ek was not giving any. The way you are defending them sounds like you have some tie or sponsorship from them. When a product fails, many people don't forget and the stigma will continue with the company. Those who have been scared will continue to voice their displeasure. I don't care whether you choose copper or nickel, if a product fails, well I will not ignore it in order to help my community. One thing i learned from following RRT was that the community stuck together and took on a company. Even if many us could only provide info based on our experience. Constructive posts can help a member buy a product or avoid them. EK is still having issues even with their EN electroless plating.
You starting calling out people because they don't like a product, which makes you sound like a true fanboy that's been boug....sponsored by EK. See, how easy it is to call out some one based on their negative comment? That's how I feel based on your actions. Just like feel cheated by EK by their actions. People have a right to say a product sucks if they believe it sucks and can show some shred of evidence. How would you feel if hundreds of dollars/pounds worth of equipment failed? Yeah. I have right to say EK products are still not good. I'm not going on defending Danger Den or Heatkiller for any negative comment people say about. But I will say how good their products since they have worked great for me. I never used Koolance, yet I have seen reports to them failing. So also warn folks about them too.
I'm sure you'll fire back with some blah, blah, blah, EK this and that, don't say bad things about them, they rule. Whatever dude. Someone who was part of the storm totally forgot and forgave a company who didn't care about its customers.

Incorrect,i called him because of his knee jerk reaction claiming it was failed plating rather than sedimentation of the coolant MIXED with a dye.
I am not defending EK's past behaviour, im defending RATIONAL diagnosis....which is what the OP wanted,nothing to do with product choice at all

As for sponsorship, are you some kind of moron? I run an EK block and 2 EK uni GPU blocks...hardly sponsorship (btw,i can provide reciepts of purchase)...even more ridiculous when i have no EK products in my unfinished SR 2 build,Watercool and MIPS all the way.

Now get off your high horse and drink your milk.
Edited by B NEGATIVE - 3/28/12 at 3:37am
MILSPEC II
(8 items)
 
| LUMO |
(6 items)
 
CLoS3 IMPACT
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5820k X99m WS 980ti strix 980ti strix 
RAMHard DrivePowerCase
KLEVV Cras DDR4  3tb Red Corsair 600w SFX + 450w SFX Caselabs BH4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4970k Z97 Gryphon GTX 680 x2 Crucial Ballistix Elite 16Gb 
PowerCase
Be Quiet Dark Power 850 InWin D Frame Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASUS Impact ITX R9 290 Gskill Trident 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCase
Samsung EV0 250 x2 WD black Loop.....oh yes...... Caselabs S3....modded 
  hide details  
Reply
MILSPEC II
(8 items)
 
| LUMO |
(6 items)
 
CLoS3 IMPACT
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5820k X99m WS 980ti strix 980ti strix 
RAMHard DrivePowerCase
KLEVV Cras DDR4  3tb Red Corsair 600w SFX + 450w SFX Caselabs BH4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4970k Z97 Gryphon GTX 680 x2 Crucial Ballistix Elite 16Gb 
PowerCase
Be Quiet Dark Power 850 InWin D Frame Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASUS Impact ITX R9 290 Gskill Trident 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCase
Samsung EV0 250 x2 WD black Loop.....oh yes...... Caselabs S3....modded 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18876 of 106461
Quote:
Originally Posted by B NEGATIVE View Post

Now get off your high horse and drink your milk.

This is advise you should take mate.


I'll leave it there since the mods or Kev will take care of our posts as they are not adding to any productivity in this thread.
post #18877 of 106461
mmm
Edited by ROG1 - 7/12/12 at 6:38am
post #18878 of 106461
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by B NEGATIVE View Post

Incorrect,i called him because of his knee jerk reaction claiming it was failed plating rather than sedimentation of the coolant MIXED with a dye.
I am not defending EK's past behaviour, im defending RATIONAL diagnosis....which is what the OP wanted,nothing to do with product choice at all
As for sponsorship, are you some kind of moron? I run an EK block and 2 EK uni GPU blocks...hardly sponsorship (btw,i can provide reciepts of purchase)...even more ridiculous when i have no EK products in my unfinished SR 2 build,Watercool and MIPS all the way.
Now get off your high horse and drink your milk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post

This is advise you should take mate.
I'll leave it there since the mods or Kev will take care of our posts as they are not adding to any productivity in this thread.

Got nothing to say now? Perhaps read the post before going on a witchhunt in future.....

The original quote,which apparently you didnt read...
Quote:
Originally Posted by B NEGATIVE View Post

That's not plating fail,that's sediment from the coolant itself.
Take the top off and wipe it away,i honestly cant believe you are saying that's a plating fail BEFORE he has taken the top off

Edited by B NEGATIVE - 3/28/12 at 3:47am
MILSPEC II
(8 items)
 
| LUMO |
(6 items)
 
CLoS3 IMPACT
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5820k X99m WS 980ti strix 980ti strix 
RAMHard DrivePowerCase
KLEVV Cras DDR4  3tb Red Corsair 600w SFX + 450w SFX Caselabs BH4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4970k Z97 Gryphon GTX 680 x2 Crucial Ballistix Elite 16Gb 
PowerCase
Be Quiet Dark Power 850 InWin D Frame Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASUS Impact ITX R9 290 Gskill Trident 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCase
Samsung EV0 250 x2 WD black Loop.....oh yes...... Caselabs S3....modded 
  hide details  
Reply
MILSPEC II
(8 items)
 
| LUMO |
(6 items)
 
CLoS3 IMPACT
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5820k X99m WS 980ti strix 980ti strix 
RAMHard DrivePowerCase
KLEVV Cras DDR4  3tb Red Corsair 600w SFX + 450w SFX Caselabs BH4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4970k Z97 Gryphon GTX 680 x2 Crucial Ballistix Elite 16Gb 
PowerCase
Be Quiet Dark Power 850 InWin D Frame Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASUS Impact ITX R9 290 Gskill Trident 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCase
Samsung EV0 250 x2 WD black Loop.....oh yes...... Caselabs S3....modded 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18879 of 106461
Wermad, why are you mad at EK product, they already learned their lessons. Leave the past behind. Something similar won't happen again, they put a lot of money in studies to make better quality products. I'm pretty sure they regret what happen.

I used to have many EK blocks with EK issue and I didnt have any problem with my loop or my pumps. Temperature were the same and I didnt have any trouble selling my blocks at the same price. I now have 4 EK EN Nickel blocks and I'm pretty happy with them. I always had a lot of good experience with EK customer service before. I was polite and was well served to be honest.

People with happy service usually don't share their experience. But complainers complain a lot and bash. Keep that in mind Werm.
Quad Damage
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4930k @ 4.6Ghz Asus Rampage IV Extreme (Koolance Full WB) 2 x GTX 1080ti FE in SLI (EK WATERBLOCK) Corsair Dominator GT 2133 MHz (16GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3 TB Seagate OCZ Vertex 4 256GB Crucial M4 128GB ADATA SX900 128GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
RIVE Koolance Waterblock (VRM and PCH) Feser X-Changer 360 Feser X-Changer 240 Feser X-Changer 480 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
WaterCool MoRA3 Pro with Gentle Typhoon 3 x MCP 655 pumps (With EK top...all serial) 2 x EK FC 1080ti Blocks Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus ROG Swift PG348Q (3440x1440 @100hz) CrossOver 27Q Led-P Logitech G15 EVGA SuperNova 1600T2 (Titanium) 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian Heavily Modded Logitech G700 RocketFish Speed/Control M-audio AV-40 (Logitech G-35) 
  hide details  
Reply
Quad Damage
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4930k @ 4.6Ghz Asus Rampage IV Extreme (Koolance Full WB) 2 x GTX 1080ti FE in SLI (EK WATERBLOCK) Corsair Dominator GT 2133 MHz (16GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3 TB Seagate OCZ Vertex 4 256GB Crucial M4 128GB ADATA SX900 128GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
RIVE Koolance Waterblock (VRM and PCH) Feser X-Changer 360 Feser X-Changer 240 Feser X-Changer 480 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
WaterCool MoRA3 Pro with Gentle Typhoon 3 x MCP 655 pumps (With EK top...all serial) 2 x EK FC 1080ti Blocks Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus ROG Swift PG348Q (3440x1440 @100hz) CrossOver 27Q Led-P Logitech G15 EVGA SuperNova 1600T2 (Titanium) 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian Heavily Modded Logitech G700 RocketFish Speed/Control M-audio AV-40 (Logitech G-35) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18880 of 106461
Okay guys, the EK disaster has been hashed rehashed and dashed on the rocks over and over so many times. Let's just agree that it wasn't handled properly from the beginning and are gonna have a steep hill to climb to get back to some semblance of what they were before the great corrosion disaster of 2010-2011. The lost ground to their competitors as a result. I'm sure we can all agree why this happened. Right?

So let's shake part as comrades and hope that every company from then on can avoid further wrecking our hobby. I think we can agree that corrosion could set the water cooling hobby back to it's roots if it continues to happen. I myself remember that I wasn't too keen on putting water near a power source when water cooling was considered a fad. That fad made EK and a few other companies very popular sources of product and quite a bit of money.

Now imagine what happens when every manufacturer is affected by the same corrosion bug. mellowsmiley.gif

Let's chill and keep it peacable up in here. We just hit 3million views after all. An no people they aren't all by yours truly. tongue.gif lol

~Ceadder smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery