Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery - Page 2996

post #29951 of 105810
OK, so I'm starting to mess around with manual settings on my new D5100 and these are the very first shots I've experimented with. No lighting yet, just messing with ISO and exposure settings. I'm loving this camera so far!







biggrin.gif
post #29952 of 105810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

OK, so I'm starting to mess around with manual settings on my new D5100 and these are the very first shots I've experimented with. No lighting yet, just messing with ISO and exposure settings. I'm loving this camera so far! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




biggrin.gif

In really low light or Pitch Black shots .. I have used a 15 sec Exposure and that dumps my ISO to 80 by default. If that helps you..
I have got some real Quality shots in the dark with 15sec. It will bring out more case detail a bit and help with case lighting detail..

I like the very last pic there. Real Sharp. Looks good so Far.. thumb.gif
post #29953 of 105810
Hello all, I have been pretty much a lurker since i joined the Overclock.net community this last spring. It has taken me a while to look at most of the posts in this forum so i haven't posted in this one yet. Below is a pic of my current water coolong set up, but i am going to break down my computer cabinet today for some more modding( a ongoing project as i am sure most of you know). I will updat pics if there are changes to share. Most of todays mods are going to be on the part of the case that can't be seen. The case is quiet quiet. My wifes comp drowneds out my case by far and se only has one 200mm and two 120mm fans with a stock cpu cooler and hers sound like a jet airplane compared to mine.
post #29954 of 105810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonne View Post

Is starting to draw my own waterblock, and hope that you can help ... This is just a fast example, but hope you can see the idea ... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The block size are the same, but will 1 or 2 be best ? ... 1 is made with a 4mm mill, and go 6mm down (Maybe 8mm). 2 is made with a 1.5mm mill that can only go 4mm down, but got the center piece.
What "design" way should I go with ?
Check out "Custom PC UK September 2012" issue. near the end of
all of their issues they have handy little "how to" 's and that issue
they show roughly how to make a motherboard waterblock.
i believe they do utilize a pre-existing universal block but
still worth checking out. it will at least hopefully give you some
ideas.. thumb.gif
post #29955 of 105810
Quote:
Originally Posted by litoralis View Post

RE: Pump Jingway 1200 pump. 12V 1.8A (AKA: EK-DCP 4.0 Pump and Danger Den DD-CPX-Pro) (circa 2009, but never used)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodInk View Post

Do your self a favor if you like a quiet PC and stay away from that pump. I hated mine, even running it at it's lowest RPM it is loud and not a very pleasant noise.

NO joke, I wish I had avoided this pump, I can not quiet it down enough to make it worth the while of building the rest of the loop.

Get yourself a DDC-1T, get a top... sell the Jingway someone here will want it so hold on to it, get your rep up and problem solved. thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willhemmens View Post

2 - It has more surface area.

I would have said this too before B Neg chimed in and made sense. mellowsmiley.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber13 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonne View Post

Is starting to draw my own waterblock, and hope that you can help ... This is just a fast example, but hope you can see the idea ... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The block size are the same, but will 1 or 2 be best ? ... 1 is made with a 4mm mill, and go 6mm down (Maybe 8mm). 2 is made with a 1.5mm mill that can only go 4mm down, but got the center piece.
What "design" way should I go with ?
Check out "Custom PC UK September 2012" issue. near the end of
all of their issues they have handy little "how to" 's and that issue
they show roughly how to make a motherboard waterblock.
i believe they do utilize a pre-existing universal block but
still worth checking out. it will at least hopefully give you some
ideas.. thumb.gif

Sadly I no longer live near a Borders Bookstore where they can get me anything I want. Would love to see this. frown.gif

~Ceadder smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29956 of 105810
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyEars View Post

For those of us with Monsta logo problems, I found them at last.. at Aquatuning

Nice find mate-although im against paying to advertise for a company (yes i know, it's unavoidable 99% of the times).

Quote:
Originally Posted by B NEGATIVE View Post

Loop order makes no difference,you would gain a better result by keeping the hose lengths as short as possible by using the most economical routing.
As long as res is before pump,that is the only 'must do' for any loop

THIS ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfergolfer View Post

Just a quick question what is the quietest pump on the market? cheers.gif


Quietest are the Aquastream line of pumps(even when run at full speed), BUT, they are very weak (low head pressure/flow) when compared to the market giants, ie D5 and DDC pumps.
Edited by kkorky - 10/21/12 at 10:19am
post #29957 of 105810
Quote:
Originally Posted by B NEGATIVE View Post

Neither,you need to make it wider than the bore of the fitting to keep the flow up,you need to manufacture a sealing channel for the o-ring,you also need to look at the base thickness,mounts and how you are going to mount the top...
Block 2 is the worst out of the 2 there,that center fin has just crippled the flow rate..4mm is less than half of what you need and example 2 has around 2mm bore with that center fin,you need to flatten the bore out so you get the maximum surface area closest the heat source. Example 8mm x 3mm..the 8mm side being closest to the heatsource.
Maybe get a loop together before designing parts,it will get you a better feel for how it all works.

Thanks for your answer thumb.gif .. I know about the sealing channel etc, but it was just to show it very fast - Thats why i wrote "This is just a fast example, but hope you can see the idea" (Not the best to explain myself in English allways)

This I made a little time ago, and thinks its pretty decent ...



And this will be next when I get some machine time, a new EK top that will fit the Shuttle mountings holes on S775 that is different than normal ...



But you got some great points smile.gif ... The base thickness will be around 2mm (Was the plan) to keep some strenght, and a short way to transfer heat to the water ..

Will be using 13/10mm tubing with 1/4" thread, so the hole is around 8.X mm if I remember correct - So if the channel is around 8-9mm wide, there will be no problem if its only 5mm high ? (Or should if be 8x8mm to get the best flow)

Hope that you understand, the school English really need some fine tuning againg smile.gif

- And thanks to all the other answer thumb.gif
Quote:
Check out "Custom PC UK September 2012" issue. near the end of
all of their issues they have handy little "how to" 's and that issue
they show roughly how to make a motherboard waterblock.
i believe they do utilize a pre-existing universal block but
still worth checking out. it will at least hopefully give you some
ideas..

Will try go get it, thanks thumb.gif
post #29958 of 105810
- Mistake -
post #29959 of 105810
Quote:
Originally Posted by _REAPER_ View Post

Just got my new back piece cut for my HAF X. I am going to have the drive bays removed tomorrow so I can fit my pump res. I have a Black one as well.. let me know what you think Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

That looks awesome:thumb:

where did you get it done?
post #29960 of 105810
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporizer View Post

Hello all, I have been pretty much a lurker since i joined the Overclock.net community this last spring. It has taken me a while to look at most of the posts in this forum so i haven't posted in this one yet. Below is a pic of my current water coolong set up, but i am going to break down my computer cabinet today for some more modding( a ongoing project as i am sure most of you know). I will updat pics if there are changes to share. Most of todays mods are going to be on the part of the case that can't be seen. The case is quiet quiet. My wifes comp drowneds out my case by far and se only has one 200mm and two 120mm fans with a stock cpu cooler and hers sound like a jet airplane compared to mine.
nice case!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930K @ 4.5 R4E 4x 290X REF. 16 GB Dominator Platinum @ 2133 MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB + 2x500 F3 Water! Windows 8 64-bit 3x1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries 7G Corsair AX1200+AX850 Dimastech Dual Easy V2.5 G9X 
Mouse Pad
Huge one! 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930K @ 4.5 R4E 4x 290X REF. 16 GB Dominator Platinum @ 2133 MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB + 2x500 F3 Water! Windows 8 64-bit 3x1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries 7G Corsair AX1200+AX850 Dimastech Dual Easy V2.5 G9X 
Mouse Pad
Huge one! 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery