Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery - Page 6363

post #63621 of 106430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielzm View Post

I think you got the wrong port on that top for the inlet. Is that a ek top? If so the correct inlet is the central one not the one on the top diagonal....

That´s not my pump smile.gif Just an example how I installed mine smile.gif

But thank you smile.gif

The X Top has 1 inlet and 2 possible outlets.http://www.ekwb.com/shop/EK-IM/EK-IM-3831109842775.pdf
I checked, and everything is correct in my case

If I would have used the worng port would the pump even work?^^
post #63622 of 106430
Yeah the Cooler Master v's are nice, Im very happy w/ my v850 thumb.gif
 
CMJ - BiPolar
(36 items)
 
Render Bender
(23 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5930k Evga Micro2 x99 EVGA GTX 1080 Superclocked Crucial Ballistix (White) 16GB DDR4 2400 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial Ballistix (Gray) 16GB DDR4 2400 Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVMe (Windows 10 Educatio... Samsung SM951 256GB m.2 (Linux drive) Seagate Barracuda 2TB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate Barracuda 2TB Samsung 840 Evo 1TB (RAID 0) Samsung 840 Evo 1TB (RAID 0) LG GP65NS60 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EKWB Supremacy EVO Acetal-Copper Bitspower D5 / MCP655 Mod Kit V2 - Black Sparkl... EK ZMT Tubing 3/8 x 5/8 Noctua Redux 120mm  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EKWB FC1080 GTX Nickel Acetal Silverstone 8 way PWM fan hub Noctua iPPC 120 2000rpm EK D5 Vario 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Aquacomputers Aqualis Pro Alphacool VPP655 Bitspower BP-2D5TOPP-BK Dual D5 Mod Top (POM Ve... XSPC EX360 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Aquacomputer kryoM.2 evo PCIe 3.0 x4 Adapter fo... Bitspower D5 / MCP655 Mod Kit V2 - Black Sparkl... Windows 10 Education 64bit Ubuntu 14.04LTS (Mate Mod) 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus VS238H @ 75hz Acer XF270HU Cooler Master CM Storm QuickFire TK (Cherry MX-... CoolerMaster v850 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
InWin 303 Black Fnatic Flick G1 Steel Series QcK+ Altec Lansing ACS22 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Steel Series Siberia 200 (v2) Sound Blaster Z CableMod Widebeam RGB LED kit (x2) CableMod White & Black Sleeved Cable extension kit 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6850k ASRock x99 Taichi EVGA GTX 1080 SC (2113/5056) CORSAIR DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB) 288-P... 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
CORSAIR DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB) 288-P... CableMod Black Dominator Light bar kit x 4 Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Windows 10 Eductaion Drive) Samsung SM951 256GB m.2 (Linux Ubuntu 14.04 LTS... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 1TB (RAID 0) Samsung 840 EVO 1TB (RAID 0) LG UH12NS30 BluRay  EKWB Supremacy EVO Acetal-Copper 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
VPP655 D5 VPP655 D5 Bitspower BP-2D5TOPP-BK Dual D5 Mod Top (POM Ve... Bitspower D5 / MCP655 Mod Kit V2 - Black Sparkl... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Bitspower D5 / MCP655 Mod Kit V2 - Black Sparkl... Bitspower C47 Fittings Bitspower None Chamfer Brass Hard Tubing OD12MM... Custom Reservior 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EKWB FC1080 GTX Nickel Acetal EKWB PE360 Radiator Windows 10 Education 64bit ACER XF270HU (main monitor) 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer K272HUL (streamer monitor) Cooler Master Quickfire TK Cherry MX-Browns Seasonic SS-760XP2 Parvum M1.0 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie EC1-A Special Edition White Glorious PC Gaming Race XXL Sound Blaster Zx Pioneer VSX-520 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Polk Audio Monitor 40 Klispch k100-sw ModOne Custom Sleeved extensions CableMod Widebeam LED RGB 60cm (x3) 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
E5-2680 v2 E5-2680 v2 ASRock EP2C602 SSI EEB Server Motherboard Dual ... EVGA GTX 960 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial Ballistix Sport 64GB DDR3 1866 Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Seagate Barracuda Pro 2TB Seagate Barracuda Pro 2TB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate Barracuda Pro 2TB EKWB Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal x 2 EKWB PE360 EKWB PE240 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EKWB D5 Windows 10 Education 64bit LG 55" OLED55B7A  CoolerMaster QuickFire TK MX-Blues 
PowerMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 750HXi Fnatic Flick G1 SteelSeries QCK+ Sound Blaster SB Z 
AudioAudioAudio
Pioneer VSX-520 Polk Audio Monitor 40  Klipsch KW-100 Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
 
CMJ - BiPolar
(36 items)
 
Render Bender
(23 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5930k Evga Micro2 x99 EVGA GTX 1080 Superclocked Crucial Ballistix (White) 16GB DDR4 2400 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial Ballistix (Gray) 16GB DDR4 2400 Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVMe (Windows 10 Educatio... Samsung SM951 256GB m.2 (Linux drive) Seagate Barracuda 2TB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate Barracuda 2TB Samsung 840 Evo 1TB (RAID 0) Samsung 840 Evo 1TB (RAID 0) LG GP65NS60 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EKWB Supremacy EVO Acetal-Copper Bitspower D5 / MCP655 Mod Kit V2 - Black Sparkl... EK ZMT Tubing 3/8 x 5/8 Noctua Redux 120mm  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EKWB FC1080 GTX Nickel Acetal Silverstone 8 way PWM fan hub Noctua iPPC 120 2000rpm EK D5 Vario 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Aquacomputers Aqualis Pro Alphacool VPP655 Bitspower BP-2D5TOPP-BK Dual D5 Mod Top (POM Ve... XSPC EX360 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Aquacomputer kryoM.2 evo PCIe 3.0 x4 Adapter fo... Bitspower D5 / MCP655 Mod Kit V2 - Black Sparkl... Windows 10 Education 64bit Ubuntu 14.04LTS (Mate Mod) 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus VS238H @ 75hz Acer XF270HU Cooler Master CM Storm QuickFire TK (Cherry MX-... CoolerMaster v850 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
InWin 303 Black Fnatic Flick G1 Steel Series QcK+ Altec Lansing ACS22 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Steel Series Siberia 200 (v2) Sound Blaster Z CableMod Widebeam RGB LED kit (x2) CableMod White & Black Sleeved Cable extension kit 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6850k ASRock x99 Taichi EVGA GTX 1080 SC (2113/5056) CORSAIR DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB) 288-P... 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
CORSAIR DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB) 288-P... CableMod Black Dominator Light bar kit x 4 Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Windows 10 Eductaion Drive) Samsung SM951 256GB m.2 (Linux Ubuntu 14.04 LTS... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 1TB (RAID 0) Samsung 840 EVO 1TB (RAID 0) LG UH12NS30 BluRay  EKWB Supremacy EVO Acetal-Copper 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
VPP655 D5 VPP655 D5 Bitspower BP-2D5TOPP-BK Dual D5 Mod Top (POM Ve... Bitspower D5 / MCP655 Mod Kit V2 - Black Sparkl... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Bitspower D5 / MCP655 Mod Kit V2 - Black Sparkl... Bitspower C47 Fittings Bitspower None Chamfer Brass Hard Tubing OD12MM... Custom Reservior 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EKWB FC1080 GTX Nickel Acetal EKWB PE360 Radiator Windows 10 Education 64bit ACER XF270HU (main monitor) 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer K272HUL (streamer monitor) Cooler Master Quickfire TK Cherry MX-Browns Seasonic SS-760XP2 Parvum M1.0 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie EC1-A Special Edition White Glorious PC Gaming Race XXL Sound Blaster Zx Pioneer VSX-520 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Polk Audio Monitor 40 Klispch k100-sw ModOne Custom Sleeved extensions CableMod Widebeam LED RGB 60cm (x3) 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
E5-2680 v2 E5-2680 v2 ASRock EP2C602 SSI EEB Server Motherboard Dual ... EVGA GTX 960 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial Ballistix Sport 64GB DDR3 1866 Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Seagate Barracuda Pro 2TB Seagate Barracuda Pro 2TB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate Barracuda Pro 2TB EKWB Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal x 2 EKWB PE360 EKWB PE240 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EKWB D5 Windows 10 Education 64bit LG 55" OLED55B7A  CoolerMaster QuickFire TK MX-Blues 
PowerMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 750HXi Fnatic Flick G1 SteelSeries QCK+ Sound Blaster SB Z 
AudioAudioAudio
Pioneer VSX-520 Polk Audio Monitor 40  Klipsch KW-100 Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #63623 of 106430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr357 View Post

The V1000 is fantastic. Fully modular and can deliver 83A on its single 12V rail.

I'd also like to be the thousandth person to tell you that your rig looks stunning! drool.gif

Thank you redface.gif


The V1000 is fantastic! Its refreshing to have 100% modular and no need to sleeve. I got a used one for $150 and bought a new one for $210 with a $30 MIR. I hope to sell the Lepa once the replacement gets in. With this setup, I wasn't forced to sell one of my rads.
post #63624 of 106430
Quote:
Originally Posted by acanom View Post

That´s not my pump smile.gif Just an example how I installed mine smile.gif

But thank you smile.gif

The X Top has 1 inlet and 2 possible outlets.http://www.ekwb.com/shop/EK-IM/EK-IM-3831109842775.pdf
I checked, and everything is correct in my case

If I would have used the worng port would the pump even work?^^

The pump would still work because it has power going to it, but the fluid wouldn't go anywhere. That appeared to be your issue and why I thought that you might have been using the wrong port. You do seem to be using the right ports though. The only thing I can think of is that you must have quite an air trap that's preventing the coolant from moving or you have an obstruction of some kind. You may have to drain your reservoir and then take your loop apart to inspect each component to make sure that they aren't obstructed in any way.
post #63625 of 106430
Quote:
Originally Posted by BramSLI1 View Post

The pump would still work because it has power going to it, but the fluid wouldn't go anywhere. That appeared to be your issue and why I thought that you might have been using the wrong port. You do seem to be using the right ports though. The only thing I can think of is that you must have quite an air trap that's preventing the coolant from moving or you have an obstruction of some kind. You may have to drain your reservoir and then take your loop apart to inspect each component to make sure that they aren't obstructed in any way.

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression, I don´t have an obstruction or something.

The coolant is moving perfectly fine, I have a flow indicator installed and the wheel spins, adjusts to pumpspeeds and so on.

I only feel, that the pump is kinda loud.

And now it suddenly started to make kind of a whining noise. But it seems, that is more like some kind of ressonance in the case

The loop is already running for 3 days now.
post #63626 of 106430
Quote:
Originally Posted by acanom View Post

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression, I don´t have an obstruction or something.

The coolant is moving perfectly fine, I have a flow indicator installed and the wheel spins, adjusts to pumpspeeds and so on.

I only feel, that the pump is kinda loud.

And now it suddenly started to make kind of a whining noise. But it seems, that is more like some kind of ressonance in the case

The loop is already running for 3 days now.

OK, then what you may need to do is use something to prevent the pump from vibrating in your case. Do you still have any of the foam that came with your pump? If so then you can try using some it to keep your pump from vibrating against your case.
post #63627 of 106430
Quote:
Originally Posted by acanom View Post

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression, I don´t have an obstruction or something.

The coolant is moving perfectly fine, I have a flow indicator installed and the wheel spins, adjusts to pumpspeeds and so on.

I only feel, that the pump is kinda loud.

And now it suddenly started to make kind of a whining noise. But it seems, that is more like some kind of ressonance in the case

The loop is already running for 3 days now.

I would say you might have a bad pump motor. I replace electric motors all the time and have found that when they start to make sounds like that it isn't good. My I suggest you test for OHMS on the 4 pin molex. This would let you know if the windings are starting to go bad.
post #63628 of 106430
Quote:
Originally Posted by BramSLI1 View Post

OK, then what you may need to do is use something to prevent the pump from vibrating in your case. Do you still have any of the foam that came with your pump? If so then you can try using some it to keep your pump from vibrating against your case.

It´s definitely the pump vibrating in the case, I just undid the screws and liftet the pump up and the whining nopise was gone.

Now I´ll have to look for something to put underneath it,

I still ahve all the packing materials. Thanks for the tip. I´m going to figure that one out tomorrow.

Nonetheless, the pump seems a bit too loud for me. Are there any highquality videos of a D5 running to compare the noise?
post #63629 of 106430
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger82 View Post

I would say you might have a bad pump motor. I replace electric motors all the time and have found that when they start to make sounds like that it isn't good. My I suggest you test for OHMS on the 4 pin molex. This would let you know if the windings are starting to go bad.

The pump is brand new, that really would be a disappointment.

If I test the resistance on the molex, I think that´s what you mean by OHMS, how do I read the results, what am I looking for?
Edited by acanom - 3/12/14 at 3:42pm
post #63630 of 106430
Quote:
Originally Posted by acanom View Post

It´s definitely the pump vibrating in the case, I just undid the screws and liftet the pump up and the whining nopise was gone.

Now I´ll have to look for something to put underneath it,

I still ahve all the packing materials. Thanks for the tip. I´m going to figure that one out tomorrow.

Nonetheless, the pump seems a bit too loud for me. Are there any highquality videos of a D5 running to compare the noise?

I have a fixed-speed version of this pump that constantly runs at about setting 4. With 12 fans all running at about 1200RPM I can't hear my pump at all. I hope that helps you to understand if your pump is bad or not. If you have a vario version have you tried turning it down?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery