Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery - Page 6611

post #66101 of 107325
I have mayhems pastel coming in the mail, I asked a question about using silver over in the mayhems club. Haha yeah I know bitspower is pricey. I dropped about $150 on 14 male to male fittings because I was going to try threaded acrylic but my results were like yours so I'm going with normal tubing.
post #66102 of 107325
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeThruHead View Post


Too bad it wasn't ek coming out with this to use with their new beautiful universal blocks.
Been wanting that from ek for a while.

Same here. tongue.gif
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K  Asus P8P67 Deluxe MSI GTX970 Gaming 8Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung EVO Seagate 7200.11 1.5Tb Seagate 7200.11 1.5Tb Seagate 7200.12 2Tb 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate 7200.14 3Tb EK Supreme HF EK RAD XT 480 EK HF VGA 
CoolingCoolingCoolingMonitor
EK X TOP V2 Laing DDC 10W EK RES 250 X2 Advanced Samsung 2770FH 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 2 Mx Brown Corsair HX520 Silverstone TJ07 Steel Series Kinzu V2 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steel Series QCK Auzentech Forte  Logitech Z-5500 Superlux HD660 
  hide details  
Reply
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K  Asus P8P67 Deluxe MSI GTX970 Gaming 8Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung EVO Seagate 7200.11 1.5Tb Seagate 7200.11 1.5Tb Seagate 7200.12 2Tb 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate 7200.14 3Tb EK Supreme HF EK RAD XT 480 EK HF VGA 
CoolingCoolingCoolingMonitor
EK X TOP V2 Laing DDC 10W EK RES 250 X2 Advanced Samsung 2770FH 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 2 Mx Brown Corsair HX520 Silverstone TJ07 Steel Series Kinzu V2 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steel Series QCK Auzentech Forte  Logitech Z-5500 Superlux HD660 
  hide details  
Reply
post #66103 of 107325
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0kn0ws View Post

I have mayhems pastel coming in the mail, I asked a question about using silver over in the mayhems club. Haha yeah I know bitspower is pricey. I dropped about $150 on 14 male to male fittings because I was going to try threaded acrylic but my results were like yours so I'm going with normal tubing.

i think the pastel comes with some biocides in the mix. Not 100% but I remember Mayhem's Mike saying something like this. Its bee almost a year since i ran pastel and its very lovely. Sadly, it will mask my X4 reservoir from FrozenQ so I'm sticking to distilled only.

BP compression fittings have to be the smoothest ones out there. Good stuff thumb.gif
post #66104 of 107325
Bah have to drain the hotside loop, flush it, and change my tubing but I'm so lazy and it takes forever x.x.
Behemoth
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 4790K "Relidded" @ 5ghz <50c Asus Sabertooth Z97 MK1 Custom WC'd 7970 3GB @ 1100/1500 stock volts Custom WC'd 7970 3GB @ 1100/1500 stock volts 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
2X4GB Patriot Viper Extreme 1TB Velociraptor 10k RPM w/ 64MB Cache Two Arqtik TEC Chillers in Series Archimedes TEC block w/TN660 TEC 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Two Ported/tapped MCP655 Pumps 2x Black Ice GTX 480 Gen2 Rads DD dual drive bay Res with LCD water temp monit... GPU Loop: Modded Enzotech Sapphire CPU blocks, ... 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
36x Globe 120mm 80cfm server fans Win 10 Pro Mint 15(KDE) 4K 28" Samsung U590D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Mechanical CM Silent Power M 1000watt Main, OCZ Z850W Slave Custom Mountain Mods Extended-Extended Ascension Logitech G502 Proteus 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Homemade 16ga 304 Stainless pad, Neoprene backed Aune T1 DAC Various Tubes: Mostly switching from 60's GE "S... AKG K7XX Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
Behemoth
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 4790K "Relidded" @ 5ghz <50c Asus Sabertooth Z97 MK1 Custom WC'd 7970 3GB @ 1100/1500 stock volts Custom WC'd 7970 3GB @ 1100/1500 stock volts 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
2X4GB Patriot Viper Extreme 1TB Velociraptor 10k RPM w/ 64MB Cache Two Arqtik TEC Chillers in Series Archimedes TEC block w/TN660 TEC 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Two Ported/tapped MCP655 Pumps 2x Black Ice GTX 480 Gen2 Rads DD dual drive bay Res with LCD water temp monit... GPU Loop: Modded Enzotech Sapphire CPU blocks, ... 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
36x Globe 120mm 80cfm server fans Win 10 Pro Mint 15(KDE) 4K 28" Samsung U590D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Mechanical CM Silent Power M 1000watt Main, OCZ Z850W Slave Custom Mountain Mods Extended-Extended Ascension Logitech G502 Proteus 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Homemade 16ga 304 Stainless pad, Neoprene backed Aune T1 DAC Various Tubes: Mostly switching from 60's GE "S... AKG K7XX Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #66105 of 107325
Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post


i think the pastel comes with some biocides in the mix. Not 100% but I remember Mayhem's Mike saying something like this. Its bee almost a year since i ran pastel and its very lovely. Sadly, it will mask my X4 reservoir from FrozenQ so I'm sticking to distilled only.

BP compression fittings have to be the smoothest ones out there. Good stuff thumb.gif

 

Yeah, Pastel comes with Biocide and corrosion inhibitors mixed into the concentrate from the start. It's basically a full package deal going with Mayhems Pastel.

 

I think you should do what Lowfat did a while ago where he diluted Pastel to where it was semi-opaque, which would allow you to at least see the inside of your reservoir.

post #66106 of 107325
Do you need any biocides when using an all copper loop with distilled water?
post #66107 of 107325
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpIcSnIpErZ23 View Post

Do you need any biocides when using an all copper loop with distilled water?

 

Yes. You'll need a biocide in that loop.

post #66108 of 107325
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpIcSnIpErZ23 View Post

Do you need any biocides when using an all copper loop with distilled water?

You should always at least have some kind of biocide (Nuke/Dead Water or Silver kill coil, etc) in any watercooling loop so you don't grow organic matter. Many will also recommend some sort of corrosion inhibitor additive, but lots of people do run with just distilled/deionized + biocide.
post #66109 of 107325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicr0nhunter View Post

You should always at least have some kind of biocide (Nuke/Dead Water or Silver kill coil, etc) in any watercooling loop so you don't grow organic matter. Many will also recommend some sort of corrosion inhibitor additive, but lots of people do run with just distilled/deionized + biocide.

Alright, are there any types that are recommended?
post #66110 of 107325
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpIcSnIpErZ23 View Post

Alright, are there any types that are recommended?

For copper blocks, kill.coil (aka silver coil).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery