Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery - Page 6736

post #67351 of 107026
@Unicr0nhunter regarding eloops..

I have the B12-3 non-pwm models in push/pull on a 360 monsta mounted vertically without noise issues. I did hear something about the possibility of the fan blades hitting against a case or radiator fins due to their flush design. The rubber grommets provided should help with that. I also heard of a problem with them being mounted in pull on rads, but I don't know what the issue would be.

Maybe I got the luck of the draw. Haven't had any issues with them.
post #67352 of 107026
Quote:
Originally Posted by skupples View Post

Anyone remember who did the flow rate vs. Tube size review?

Is this it? It's the one i used when i picked my tubing size.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?147767-The-impact-of-tubing-sizes

There was one here on OCN, but it got removed.
post #67353 of 107026
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLMS2010 View Post

I have 14 SP120 PWM quiet editions. I'm going to be redoing my build in my new case and don't want to hear anything! LOL Should I keep these or opt for these?

I'll be getting a fan controller to control them all.

Take care on your choice. PWM implementation on Corsair Fans are known to be off standard specs. So plan well on the fan controller side since you might end up not being able to control the corsair fan properly.
Edited by Gabrielzm - 5/7/14 at 11:16am
post #67354 of 107026
post #67355 of 107026
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post

Thanks for the reply. I got confused when the source suggested that these fittings are chrome, yet nickel plated brass.

I also require some help on finding a new Reservoir. At the moment, I'm using the Swiftech MCRES but it's starting to leak water through the glued seems. I've been looking at these cylindrical Reservoirs but I'm not sure where and how to install one in my current case.

Here is my case and current configuration: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Thank you.

You might consider Ek tube reservoirs and also the aquacomputer ones. Mind the diameter of the tubes. Ek is around 60 mm (if memory serves), aquacomputer aqualis is 80 mm and they have a smaller version around 55 mm. All these numbers are from the top of my head so they might not be dead on target but close to. The Ek mount system is just one screw in the center of the clamp (x2) that hold the reservoir. So I would place your reservoir at the back panel (where the MB is) and if you dont´t have any holes there just drill it.

good luck
post #67356 of 107026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielzm View Post

You might consider Ek tube reservoirs and also the aquacomputer ones. Mind the diameter of the tubes. Ek is around 60 mm (if memory serves), aquacomputer aqualis is 80 mm and they have a smaller version around 55 mm. All these numbers are from the top of my head so they might not be dead on target but close to. The Ek mount system is just one screw in the center of the clamp (x2) that hold the reservoir. So I would place your reservoir at the back panel (where the MB is) and if you dont´t have any holes there just drill it.

good luck

Sounds reasonable.
Thanks man!
+1
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #67357 of 107026
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat_italian_stallion View Post

Cleaned up the build a little bit today. Thinking about swapping out the tubing for white or black. Not quite sure yet. Any thoughts? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


I love this build! I bet it weighs a ton...tongue.gif
Hyperion
(8 items)
 
Crouton
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4670k Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H GTX 680 FTW G.Skill Ripjaws  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Hitachi Western Digital HGST None 
CoolingOSCase
Stock Fan Linux Debian Jessie Bitfenix Prodigy 
  hide details  
Reply
Hyperion
(8 items)
 
Crouton
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4670k Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H GTX 680 FTW G.Skill Ripjaws  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Hitachi Western Digital HGST None 
CoolingOSCase
Stock Fan Linux Debian Jessie Bitfenix Prodigy 
  hide details  
Reply
post #67358 of 107026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielzm View Post

You might consider Ek tube reservoirs and also the aquacomputer ones. Mind the diameter of the tubes. Ek is around 60 mm (if memory serves), aquacomputer aqualis is 80 mm and they have a smaller version around 55 mm. All these numbers are from the top of my head so they might not be dead on target but close to. The Ek mount system is just one screw in the center of the clamp (x2) that hold the reservoir. So I would place your reservoir at the back panel (where the MB is) and if you dont´t have any holes there just drill it.

good luck

Could you point the EK product you had in mind?
http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/Tube-Reservoirs-cid-2690.html
Thank you.
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #67359 of 107026
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post

Could you point the EK product you had in mind?
http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/Tube-Reservoirs-cid-2690.html
Thank you.


Sure mate

here we go. All ek tube reservoirs are the same (revision x3) you can even change the length of the tube latter if you want. Example you can buy a really small one (110mm) and latter decide you want a longer one and just replace the tube. I love the small aquacomputer too:

http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/Aquacomputer-Aqualis-ECO-150ml-Reservoir-with-Nano-Coating--34057-pid-18639.html


What I think you need to figure out is the length you want. Something that would fit in your case both in diameter and length.

here are some ek options:

http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/EK-RES-X3-150-6-Port-Reservoir--Acetal-pid-16886.html

http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/EK-RES-X3-250-6-Port-Reservoir--Acetal-pid-16887.html

hope it helps.

cheers

edit- one thing I like about ek reservoirs is the flexibility. You have several ports that you can use for in and out. You can even buy an add on to the top (another top and an acrylic tube) to allow the top ports to be used in your loop.
Edited by Gabrielzm - 5/7/14 at 1:09pm
post #67360 of 107026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielzm View Post

Sure mate

here we go. All ek tube reservoirs are the same (revision x3) you can even change the length of the tube latter if you want. Example you can buy a really small one (110mm) and latter decide you want a longer one and just replace the tube. I love the small aquacomputer too:

http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/Aquacomputer-Aqualis-ECO-150ml-Reservoir-with-Nano-Coating--34057-pid-18639.html


What I think you need to figure out is the length you want. Something that would fit in your case both in diameter and length.

here are some ek options:

http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/EK-RES-X3-150-6-Port-Reservoir--Acetal-pid-16886.html

http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/EK-RES-X3-250-6-Port-Reservoir--Acetal-pid-16887.html

hope it helps.

cheers

edit- one thing I like about ek reservoirs is the flexibility. You have several ports that you can use for in and out. You can even buy an add on to the top (another top and an acrylic tube) to allow the top ports to be used in your loop.

Great, this helped a lot!
+1.
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery