Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery - Page 795

post #7941 of 105812
updated
post #7942 of 105812
I wish to join this club

D-Tek Fuzion V2 block
Swiftech Micro Reservoir
New-Jet NJ-1200 aquarium pump
Alphacool NexXxos Xtreme III(rev.2) w/ 3x Noctua nf-p12
Eheim tubing + water-hose(temporarily)
Tap water with a little car anti-freeze liquid(for the erosion only)




I know it needs a little shine up, but performance comes first
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 C0 @ 4.2(24/7 stable) P5E-WS Pro > Maximus Formula mod XFX HD6850 Black Edition 999/1150 4x1gb Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung F1 Windows7 x64 Ultimate Philips 221EL NorthQ Black Magic Flex 850w(50+A) 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster HAF-932 Logitech MX-1000 Yes 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 C0 @ 4.2(24/7 stable) P5E-WS Pro > Maximus Formula mod XFX HD6850 Black Edition 999/1150 4x1gb Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung F1 Windows7 x64 Ultimate Philips 221EL NorthQ Black Magic Flex 850w(50+A) 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster HAF-932 Logitech MX-1000 Yes 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7943 of 105812
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedDane View Post
I wish to join this club

D-Tek Fuzion V2 block
Swiftech Micro Reservoir
New-Jet NJ-1200 aquarium pump
Alphacool NexXxos Xtreme III(rev.2) w/ 3x Noctua nf-p12
Eheim tubing + water-hose(temporarily)
Tap water with a little car anti-freeze liquid(for the erosion only)




I know it needs a little shine up, but performance comes first
Ummmmmm tap water?

You should really go get some distilled water.
post #7944 of 105812
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasherht View Post
Ummmmmm tap water?

You should really go get some distilled water.
Have used tap water for past 2years
Tried distilled water and didn't see any changes what so ever after 6months.

Haven´t had any problems so far. My system is running clean and without any kinds of problems
Edited by TwistedDane - 2/12/11 at 12:04pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 C0 @ 4.2(24/7 stable) P5E-WS Pro > Maximus Formula mod XFX HD6850 Black Edition 999/1150 4x1gb Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung F1 Windows7 x64 Ultimate Philips 221EL NorthQ Black Magic Flex 850w(50+A) 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster HAF-932 Logitech MX-1000 Yes 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 C0 @ 4.2(24/7 stable) P5E-WS Pro > Maximus Formula mod XFX HD6850 Black Edition 999/1150 4x1gb Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung F1 Windows7 x64 Ultimate Philips 221EL NorthQ Black Magic Flex 850w(50+A) 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster HAF-932 Logitech MX-1000 Yes 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7945 of 105812
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedDane View Post
Have used tap water for past 2years

Haven´t had any problems so far. My system is running clean and without any kinds of problems
Have you opened your block?

Oh, and if performance was first, why would you use antifreeze for corrosion. If you have all copper in your loop then you don't have to worry about corrosion, and distilled will perform better then tap mixed with antifreeze.
post #7946 of 105812
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasherht View Post
Have you opened your block?

Oh, and if performance was first, why would you use antifreeze for corrosion. If you have all copper in your loop then you don't have to worry about corrosion, and distilled will perform better then tap mixed with antifreeze.
I did when i changed my block from ThermalRight XWB-1 to D-Tek Fuzion V2. There were nothing! Nothing at all other then all of the tiny copper pins

The XWB-1 block had ran with tap + anti-freeze for about 2 years without any kind of water change and/or filling(no need)

The anti-freeze is there because my exchanger(like alot others) is made of copper and brass. Copper channels and brass top & bottom

And besides that its better to be safe then sorry IMHO

A picture of the XWB-1 block inside(not mine):
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 C0 @ 4.2(24/7 stable) P5E-WS Pro > Maximus Formula mod XFX HD6850 Black Edition 999/1150 4x1gb Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung F1 Windows7 x64 Ultimate Philips 221EL NorthQ Black Magic Flex 850w(50+A) 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster HAF-932 Logitech MX-1000 Yes 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 C0 @ 4.2(24/7 stable) P5E-WS Pro > Maximus Formula mod XFX HD6850 Black Edition 999/1150 4x1gb Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung F1 Windows7 x64 Ultimate Philips 221EL NorthQ Black Magic Flex 850w(50+A) 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster HAF-932 Logitech MX-1000 Yes 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7947 of 105812
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedDane View Post
I did when i changed my block from ThermalRight XWB-1 to D-Tek Fuzion V2. There were nothing! Nothing at all other then all of the tiny copper pins

The XWB-1 block had ran with tap + anti-freeze for about 2 years without any kind of water change and/or filling(no need)

The anti-freeze is there because my exchanger(like alot others) is made of copper and brass. Copper channels and brass top & bottom

And besides that its better to be safe then sorry IMHO

A picture of the XWB-1 block inside(not mine):
copper and brass can be in the same loop without corrosion issues. You can run straight distilled water in your loop as long as you don't have aluminum.
post #7948 of 105812
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasherht View Post
copper and brass can be in the same loop without corrosion issues. You can run straight distilled water in your loop as long as you don't have aluminum.
True.

But i like to be safe and i do like the light blue color that my water gets
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 C0 @ 4.2(24/7 stable) P5E-WS Pro > Maximus Formula mod XFX HD6850 Black Edition 999/1150 4x1gb Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung F1 Windows7 x64 Ultimate Philips 221EL NorthQ Black Magic Flex 850w(50+A) 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster HAF-932 Logitech MX-1000 Yes 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 C0 @ 4.2(24/7 stable) P5E-WS Pro > Maximus Formula mod XFX HD6850 Black Edition 999/1150 4x1gb Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung F1 Windows7 x64 Ultimate Philips 221EL NorthQ Black Magic Flex 850w(50+A) 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster HAF-932 Logitech MX-1000 Yes 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7949 of 105812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith78 View Post
Here is my baby plz add me to club :-)
Looks great from what I can see, do you have any more pics of it? My current 902 project doesnt include putting a full window in, but I would like to do it eventually.
Containment
(18 items)
 
Metamorphosis
(19 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 955BE Gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3 Asus GTX560ti 12GB DDR3 1333 CL7 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Spinpoint F3 750GB Seagate 1TB None Custom loop 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
W7 Ultimate x64 Asus ML249H Asus VE228H Alienware TactX 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 550W Antec 902 Alienware TactX Razer Sphex 
AudioAudio
E-MU 0404 USB Ultrasone DJ1 Pro Headphones 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Xeon E5405 Xeon E5405 SuperMicro X7DA3 ATI X1800 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
16GB DDR2 FB-DIMM Various Hyper 101 Hyper 101 
OSMonitorPowerCase
ESXi 5.0 Headless Antec NEO ECO 620W Rosewill RSV-L4000 
MouseMouse PadOtherOther
None None HP P400 IPMI Card 
Other
HP Dual Gigabit NIC 
  hide details  
Reply
Containment
(18 items)
 
Metamorphosis
(19 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 955BE Gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3 Asus GTX560ti 12GB DDR3 1333 CL7 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Spinpoint F3 750GB Seagate 1TB None Custom loop 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
W7 Ultimate x64 Asus ML249H Asus VE228H Alienware TactX 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 550W Antec 902 Alienware TactX Razer Sphex 
AudioAudio
E-MU 0404 USB Ultrasone DJ1 Pro Headphones 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Xeon E5405 Xeon E5405 SuperMicro X7DA3 ATI X1800 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
16GB DDR2 FB-DIMM Various Hyper 101 Hyper 101 
OSMonitorPowerCase
ESXi 5.0 Headless Antec NEO ECO 620W Rosewill RSV-L4000 
MouseMouse PadOtherOther
None None HP P400 IPMI Card 
Other
HP Dual Gigabit NIC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7950 of 105812
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedDane View Post
Have used tap water for past 2years
Tried distilled water and didn't see any changes what so ever after 6months.

Haven´t had any problems so far. My system is running clean and without any kinds of problems
tap water = extremly conductive

distilled water = pretty much non conductive
Silent Dominator
(28 items)
 
Classy Lady
(26 items)
 
TUF Inside
(18 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
Silent Dominator
(28 items)
 
Classy Lady
(26 items)
 
TUF Inside
(18 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery