Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery - Page 9928

post #99271 of 107382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Drake View Post

I've narrowed it down to the radiator but my loop needs cleaned too.

My CPU has been perfectly fine for temps and nothing has changed but because water goes from the CPU straight to the GPU, the GPU gets hot water and it spawns a loop where temps only increase as my entire rig gets warmer due to this cycle.

When I launch a game, for the first 3-5 minutes, my GPU sits fine at 46-50c even when overvolted but goes all the way up to 58c when overvolted.

I need a mid point for the water from the CPU to get cooled before it reaches the GPU.

Also, you don't have anywhere near a 140w TDP CPU that is also overclocked lol

Nope. That is incorrect. Water temp across the loop is at ~equilibrium. Even if you set up temp probes at the in and out of one radiator you will only see very small difference in water temp. It will make no difference to have a radiator between the cpu and gpu or the same amount of rads after the cpu and gpu. Not at all.

If you want help from people around here be more specific and tell us about your loop components, pump, rads, case, fans and so on. Describe your problem. What are horrible temps? You said nothing changed but suddenly you have horrible temps? If you don't want help then that is fine go forward and do what you want. But you are working on wrong assumptions by your post. Just mine two cents and please don't take this as offensive because it certainly is not my intention.
post #99272 of 107382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielzm View Post

Nope. That is incorrect. Water temp across the loop is at ~equilibrium. Even if you set up temp probes at the in and out of one radiator you will only see very small difference in water temp. It will make no difference to have a radiator between the cpu and gpu or the same amount of rads after the cpu and gpu. Not at all.

If you want help from people around here be more specific and tell us about your loop components, pump, rads, case, fans and so on. Describe your problem. What are horrible temps? You said nothing changed but suddenly you have horrible temps? If you don't want help then that is fine go forward and do what you want. But you are working on wrong assumptions by your post. Just mine two cents and please don't take this as offensive because it certainly is not my intention.

I have a 5960X and a Titan X with an expanded Swiftech H320 (original one) using PrimoFlex Advanced LRT and the stock rad with NB E-Loops running at 7v.

I think I have plasticizer in my loop as when I expanded it previously, the was tiny bit of stuff on the fill port fitting, inside the block fittings and tons inside the tubing.

My GPU when I first hooked up my loop would only hit 50c after long gaming but now it has started hitting up to 58c after 3-4 days of running the loop.

The radiator gets warm, gpu block gets extremely hot (because hybrid block and titan x) (i have an alphacool nexxxos waterblock btw) but the only real worrying part is that the tubing feels warm to the touch and I believe the increased temperatures and increasing the amount of plasticizer in the loop but i'm to doubt that since people tell me the tubing i replaced it with shouldn't have that issue.

Could it be a problem of something growing or something clogging because I really have no clue as to what the problem is.
post #99273 of 107382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Drake View Post

I have a 5960X and a Titan X with an expanded Swiftech H320 (original one) using PrimoFlex Advanced LRT and the stock rad with NB E-Loops running at 7v.

I think I have plasticizer in my loop as when I expanded it previously, the was tiny bit of stuff on the fill port fitting, inside the block fittings and tons inside the tubing.

My GPU when I first hooked up my loop would only hit 50c after long gaming but now it has started hitting up to 58c after 3-4 days of running the loop.

The radiator gets warm, gpu block gets extremely hot (because hybrid block and titan x) (i have an alphacool nexxxos waterblock btw) but the only real worrying part is that the tubing feels warm to the touch and I believe the increased temperatures and increasing the amount of plasticizer in the loop but i'm to doubt that since people tell me the tubing i replaced it with shouldn't have that issue.

Could it be a problem of something growing or something clogging because I really have no clue as to what the problem is.

Plasticizer from the original tubes Swiftech uses is definitely a possibility. The original tubes they used to use on those kits were plagued with palsticizer. The only way to known is to open the blocks and clean it. CPU block is the ACOOL nexxos and the GPU block? Maybe a pic of the loop will help.

edit - be aware that Alphacool GPU blocks are extremely restrictive...You mention an hybrid block for the titanX so I am not sure which block it is...
Edited by Gabrielzm - 7/9/16 at 2:00pm
post #99274 of 107382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielzm View Post

Plasticizer from the original tubes Swiftech uses is definitely a possibility. The original tubes they used to use on those kits were plagued with palsticizer. The only way to known is to open the blocks and clean it. CPU block is the ACOOL nexxos and the GPU block? Maybe a pic of the loop will help.

edit - be aware that Alphacool GPU blocks are extremely restrictive...You mention an hybrid block for the titanX so I am not sure which block it is...

Yes, it's the alphacool nexxos GPU block and the H320 block smile.gif

I knew it was restrictive but I didn't think it'd mean that much in this kind of loop.

Does that mean I'm going to have to add a pump? Running at 100% pump speed seems to be worse for the performance rather than running auto speeds but I haven't properly tested it.
post #99275 of 107382
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Drake View Post

I have a 5960X and a Titan X with an expanded Swiftech H320 (original one) using PrimoFlex Advanced LRT and the stock rad with NB E-Loops running at 7v.

I think I have plasticizer in my loop as when I expanded it previously, the was tiny bit of stuff on the fill port fitting, inside the block fittings and tons inside the tubing.

My GPU when I first hooked up my loop would only hit 50c after long gaming but now it has started hitting up to 58c after 3-4 days of running the loop.

The radiator gets warm, gpu block gets extremely hot (because hybrid block and titan x) (i have an alphacool nexxxos waterblock btw) but the only real worrying part is that the tubing feels warm to the touch and I believe the increased temperatures and increasing the amount of plasticizer in the loop but i'm to doubt that since people tell me the tubing i replaced it with shouldn't have that issue.

Could it be a problem of something growing or something clogging because I really have no clue as to what the problem is.

Sounds like blockage... and all soft tube has plasticizer issues at at some point,just some faster than others...

What is the pump rated for?
MILSPEC II
(8 items)
 
| LUMO |
(6 items)
 
CLoS3 IMPACT
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5820k X99m WS 980ti strix 980ti strix 
RAMHard DrivePowerCase
KLEVV Cras DDR4  3tb Red Corsair 600w SFX + 450w SFX Caselabs BH4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4970k Z97 Gryphon GTX 680 x2 Crucial Ballistix Elite 16Gb 
PowerCase
Be Quiet Dark Power 850 InWin D Frame Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASUS Impact ITX R9 290 Gskill Trident 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCase
Samsung EV0 250 x2 WD black Loop.....oh yes...... Caselabs S3....modded 
  hide details  
Reply
MILSPEC II
(8 items)
 
| LUMO |
(6 items)
 
CLoS3 IMPACT
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5820k X99m WS 980ti strix 980ti strix 
RAMHard DrivePowerCase
KLEVV Cras DDR4  3tb Red Corsair 600w SFX + 450w SFX Caselabs BH4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4970k Z97 Gryphon GTX 680 x2 Crucial Ballistix Elite 16Gb 
PowerCase
Be Quiet Dark Power 850 InWin D Frame Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASUS Impact ITX R9 290 Gskill Trident 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCase
Samsung EV0 250 x2 WD black Loop.....oh yes...... Caselabs S3....modded 
  hide details  
Reply
post #99276 of 107382
Quote:
Originally Posted by B NEGATIVE View Post

Sounds like blockage... and all soft tube has plasticizer issues at at some point,just some faster than others...

What is the pump rated for?

Not sure, I think my friend found out that it's 5.4w or some sorts but i'm not 100% sure on anything.

How would you recommend cleaning the loop to undo any blockages
post #99277 of 107382

All done finally!

 

cqgNxma.jpg

 

eOeTDoI.jpg

 

17xmL0s.jpg

 

j2NkwaW.jpg

 

 

MOAR

Verktøy Cu
(20 items)
 
XForma MBX MKII
(18 items)
 
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel Xeon E5-2670 V4 Intel Xeon E5-2670 V4 Asus Z10PE-D8 WS Nvidia Titan X 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsRAM
Nvidia Titan X Nvidia Titan X Nvidia Titan X 128GB of Kingston DDR4 ECC 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 750 NVME 1.2TB U.2 Intel 750 NVME 1.2TB AIC Intel 750 NVME 1.2TB AIC Intel 750 NVME 1.2TB AIC 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EK Water Blocks Windows 10 Pro Dell UP2715K Cherry MX 6.0 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AX1500i Case Labs S8 Logitech MX Master Pioneer SE-L40 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 5960X Asus Rampage V Extreme Nvidia Titan X Nvidia Titan X 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Nvidia Titan X Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x8GB 2400Mhz (2) Intel 530 180GB (2) HGST 4TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Blu-Ray Slot Load EK Water Blocks Liquid Cooling Windows 8.1 Dell UP2715K 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky OCN Blues Seasonic 1200W Platinum XForma MBX MKII TBD 
AudioAudio
Asus Xonar Essence One (2) Mackie MR5MK2 
  hide details  
Reply
Verktøy Cu
(20 items)
 
XForma MBX MKII
(18 items)
 
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel Xeon E5-2670 V4 Intel Xeon E5-2670 V4 Asus Z10PE-D8 WS Nvidia Titan X 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsRAM
Nvidia Titan X Nvidia Titan X Nvidia Titan X 128GB of Kingston DDR4 ECC 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 750 NVME 1.2TB U.2 Intel 750 NVME 1.2TB AIC Intel 750 NVME 1.2TB AIC Intel 750 NVME 1.2TB AIC 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EK Water Blocks Windows 10 Pro Dell UP2715K Cherry MX 6.0 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AX1500i Case Labs S8 Logitech MX Master Pioneer SE-L40 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 5960X Asus Rampage V Extreme Nvidia Titan X Nvidia Titan X 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Nvidia Titan X Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x8GB 2400Mhz (2) Intel 530 180GB (2) HGST 4TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Blu-Ray Slot Load EK Water Blocks Liquid Cooling Windows 8.1 Dell UP2715K 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky OCN Blues Seasonic 1200W Platinum XForma MBX MKII TBD 
AudioAudio
Asus Xonar Essence One (2) Mackie MR5MK2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #99278 of 107382
Beautiful shots Derick thumb.gif


@Tim Drake it does sound like blockage. Open up both blocks and clean it up. My bet is you will find tons of debris and black gunk on the cpu block. I have tons of experience with the original h220 kit. Let's say the good thing about it is that put me on the path of custom loops since after around 5 kits RMAs and open up the block 10 or 20 times I gave up and start doing custom loops. Pump is not very high in pressure to start with and coupled with a Alphacool GPU block is one of the worse combinations possible. Let's see if I find some of my old pics of it...



this was one of the RMA kits without any use besides the Swiftech in house testing.... After this one I boxed the damn thing and never bothered open up again.
Edited by Gabrielzm - 7/9/16 at 3:02pm
post #99279 of 107382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielzm View Post

Beautiful shots Derick thumb.gif


@Tim Drake it does sound like blockage. Open up both blocks and clean it up. My bet is you will find tons of debris and black gunk on the cpu block. I have tons of experience with the original h220 kit. Let's say the good thing about it is that put me on the path of custom loops since after around 5 kits RMAs and open up the block 10 or 20 times I gave up and start doing custom loops. Pump is not very high in pressure to start with and coupled with a Alphacool GPU block is one of the worse combinations possible. Let's see if I find some of my old pics of it...

Well I don't want any other blocks and I don't want full custom so it's just an optimization process atm lol

Also, I tried to open to the pump before but I couldn't get the top of the block off, any ideas how to?
post #99280 of 107382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Drake View Post

Well I don't want any other blocks and I don't want full custom so it's just an optimization process atm lol

sure thing I am not saying otherwise...Just giving you some of my background on those kits and the potential bad interaction of the kit with your block. Some plasticizer it would be all it takes to finish off your head pressure which I am guessing is right at the margin of working ok to start with it...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery