Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › x850 xt vs 6800 gt
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

x850 xt vs 6800 gt - Page 8  

Poll Results: What card do you think is better?

 
  • 67% (39)
    x850 xt
  • 32% (19)
    6800gt
58 Total Votes  
post #71 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosniper0
And to hear this coming out of a mod's mouth...
What about it? It's one thing to not know something, it's another to be willingly ignorent about it and missrepresent the facts.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution XFX Radeon HD6970 G. Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Kingston SSDNow V-Series Western Digital Caviar Black Plextor Slot-Load DVD/RW Windows 7 Home 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC MultiSync EA261WM 26" Logitech Illuminated PC Power & Cooling 750 Watt Lian-Li PC-8N 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400 Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution XFX Radeon HD6970 G. Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Kingston SSDNow V-Series Western Digital Caviar Black Plextor Slot-Load DVD/RW Windows 7 Home 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC MultiSync EA261WM 26" Logitech Illuminated PC Power & Cooling 750 Watt Lian-Li PC-8N 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400 Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium 
  hide details  
post #72 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by sccr64472
That's what we're talking about, I don't think there's ANY AGP card that does from either company.
Have you been under a rock?!

The 6200 and up from nvidia supports shader model 3.0. ATI has NO CARD under the x1k series that has it. Thats the bottom line, they just cant compete with shader model 3.0 at all.

Where do you get this that nvidia "claims" that they have it but they really dont? ATI can be so stupid sometimes, they released that little slideshow cutting down nvidia and showing how "nvidia continues to fail shader model 3 tests", MEANWHILE they use a NON-WHQL aka BEAT driver. There's a reason why drivers are released as BETA and then as WHQL. Any driver that is BETA can have problems in certain areas, and then when that is FIXED they are released as WHQL. What dont you understand?

ATI has been relying on nothing but marketting and talk for the last year or so. ATI still doesnt have an SLI alternative (its out, but nobody has the hardware readily available) and the x1k series cannot compete with the nvidia 7 series which has been out for WAY longer than the 1k series.
Main Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K 4.8ghz Asus P8P67 Deluxe Sapphire 7970 1200/1600 8GB GSKILL SNIPER 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
128GB OCZ Vertex 4 LG 24X SATA Windows 7 Pro x64 Dell 22/24/22 LCDs 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Toughpower 1000watt 108A Corsair 800D Logitech G700 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QCK+ XFI XtremeMusic 
  hide details  
Main Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K 4.8ghz Asus P8P67 Deluxe Sapphire 7970 1200/1600 8GB GSKILL SNIPER 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
128GB OCZ Vertex 4 LG 24X SATA Windows 7 Pro x64 Dell 22/24/22 LCDs 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Toughpower 1000watt 108A Corsair 800D Logitech G700 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QCK+ XFI XtremeMusic 
  hide details  
post #73 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy
Are you seriously that dumb, deaf, and blind? Or do you just hear what you choose to hear? EVERYONE knows the 6800 series support SM3.0, just because ATi likes to claim that their SM3.0 support is lacking on year-old drivers doesn't negate the fact that it was the only DirectX 9.0C compliant hardware on the market until ATi released the X1000 cards...

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=Njc4
Very mature Moderation there Yiffy. If you would like to challenge my intellect, then please do so in an intelligent manner. If you have to reduce this to name calling, perhaps being a Moderator isn't for you. Your statement that Nvidia 6800 video cards fail all Shader 3.0 testing is because they haven't paid a fee to Microsoft? lol C'mon, now who's "deaf,dumb,or blind". It isn't a certification. If it were, how could they claim it if they haven't paid Microsoft?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Asus P8P67 Galaxy GTX580 8GB G Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 80 gb SSD, Raptor 150 Windows 7 Home Premium 24" Samsung LCD Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
PCP&C 750W Antec P180 Logitech MX-510 blue 
  hide details  
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Asus P8P67 Galaxy GTX580 8GB G Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 80 gb SSD, Raptor 150 Windows 7 Home Premium 24" Samsung LCD Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
PCP&C 750W Antec P180 Logitech MX-510 blue 
  hide details  
post #74 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy
What about it? It's one thing to not know something, it's another to be willingly ignorent about it and missrepresent the facts.
What facts did I misrepresent Yiffy? I stated that Nvidia cards FAILED Shader 3.0 testing and that is a FACT. I then expressed my personal doubt that they can even decode Shader 3.0 as they claim. Do you know the difference between facts and opinion?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Asus P8P67 Galaxy GTX580 8GB G Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 80 gb SSD, Raptor 150 Windows 7 Home Premium 24" Samsung LCD Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
PCP&C 750W Antec P180 Logitech MX-510 blue 
  hide details  
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Asus P8P67 Galaxy GTX580 8GB G Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 80 gb SSD, Raptor 150 Windows 7 Home Premium 24" Samsung LCD Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
PCP&C 750W Antec P180 Logitech MX-510 blue 
  hide details  
post #75 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by sccr64472
.,,
Quick on the ol' edit button there, huh? Last I checked, moderator or not, I'm still entitled to my freedom of speech, and if you choose to be so arrogant, I have no qaurrels, take it up with the admin.

Intellect is a relavent to a given subject, my friend, and while I don't doubt your intelligence, it's obviously not well-placed in the relm of graphics cards. In calling you dumb, deaf, and blind I was stating that you are either so blindly aligned to ATi that you actually believe their little slideshows trying to deface nVidia, or you're just so out of the loop and must've been under a rock for the past year as Bigval stated and never heard that the 6-series cards can run SM3.0 no problems at all. That article I showed you is proof enough, if it doesn't meet your requirements, Google and the rest of the Internet is a great place to start looking.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution XFX Radeon HD6970 G. Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Kingston SSDNow V-Series Western Digital Caviar Black Plextor Slot-Load DVD/RW Windows 7 Home 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC MultiSync EA261WM 26" Logitech Illuminated PC Power & Cooling 750 Watt Lian-Li PC-8N 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400 Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution XFX Radeon HD6970 G. Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Kingston SSDNow V-Series Western Digital Caviar Black Plextor Slot-Load DVD/RW Windows 7 Home 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC MultiSync EA261WM 26" Logitech Illuminated PC Power & Cooling 750 Watt Lian-Li PC-8N 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400 Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium 
  hide details  
post #76 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy
Quick on the ol' edit button there, huh? Last I checked, moderator or not, I'm still entitled to my freedom of speech, and if you choose to be so arrogant, I have no qaurrels, take it up with the admin.

Intellect is a relavent to a given subject, my friend, and while I don't doubt your intelligence, it's obviously not well-placed in the relm of graphics cards. In calling you dumb, deaf, and blind I was stating that you are either so blindly aligned to ATi that you actually believe their little slideshows trying to deface nVidia, or you're just so out of the loop and must've been under a rock for the past year as Bigval stated and never heard that the 6-series cards can run SM3.0 no problems at all. That article I showed you is proof enough, if it doesn't meet your requirements, Google and the rest of the Internet is a great place to start looking.
I'm not being arrogant and I have no alignment. I own 5 Nvidia cards and 1 Ati card. I don't get involved in "fanboyism" and could careless who makes the card I buy if it's the best for my money. If claiming Shader 3.0 support on a box if good enough for you,then heh, cool beans. I just find it funny that you can't show me a SINGLE screenshot showing this Shader 3.0 in action. How can that be? If it supports extra shading or shadowing, why hasn't this been exposed in review after review after review when they show side by side screenshots. Let me guess, "they're deaf,dumb, and blind?" Nevermind, I guess they've been living under a rock.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Asus P8P67 Galaxy GTX580 8GB G Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 80 gb SSD, Raptor 150 Windows 7 Home Premium 24" Samsung LCD Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
PCP&C 750W Antec P180 Logitech MX-510 blue 
  hide details  
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Asus P8P67 Galaxy GTX580 8GB G Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 80 gb SSD, Raptor 150 Windows 7 Home Premium 24" Samsung LCD Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
PCP&C 750W Antec P180 Logitech MX-510 blue 
  hide details  
post #77 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by sccr64472
I'm not being arrogant and I have no alignment. I own 5 Nvidia cards and 1 Ati card. I don't get involved in "fanboyism" and could careless who makes the card I buy if it's the best for my money. If claiming Shader 3.0 support on a box if good enough for you,then heh, cool beans. I just find it funny that you can't show me a SINGLE screenshot showing this Shader 3.0 in action. How can that be? If it supports extra shading or shadowing, why hasn't this been exposed in review after review after review when they show side by side screenshots. Let me guess, "they're deaf,dumb, and blind?" Nevermind, I guess they've been living under a rock.
Seems pretty obvious you have some favor to ATi seeing as how the only article I've read stating nVidia hardware is failing SM3.0 WHQL tests is ATi's little slideshow they released sometime back. Not to mention the fact that they were showing tests done under year-old drivers...
Did you even read the article I linked, man? Pictures, info, and a link to another article solely about SM3.0.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution XFX Radeon HD6970 G. Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Kingston SSDNow V-Series Western Digital Caviar Black Plextor Slot-Load DVD/RW Windows 7 Home 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC MultiSync EA261WM 26" Logitech Illuminated PC Power & Cooling 750 Watt Lian-Li PC-8N 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400 Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution XFX Radeon HD6970 G. Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Kingston SSDNow V-Series Western Digital Caviar Black Plextor Slot-Load DVD/RW Windows 7 Home 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC MultiSync EA261WM 26" Logitech Illuminated PC Power & Cooling 750 Watt Lian-Li PC-8N 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400 Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium 
  hide details  
post #78 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by sccr64472
I'm not being arrogant and I have no alignment. I own 5 Nvidia cards and 1 Ati card. I don't get involved in "fanboyism" and could careless who makes the card I buy if it's the best for my money. If claiming Shader 3.0 support on a box if good enough for you,then heh, cool beans. I just find it funny that you can't show me a SINGLE screenshot showing this Shader 3.0 in action. How can that be? If it supports extra shading or shadowing, why hasn't this been exposed in review after review after review when they show side by side screenshots. Let me guess, "they're deaf,dumb, and blind?" Nevermind, I guess they've been living under a rock.
Sccr. Quickly, take your avatars advice. Stop saying "oh it doesnt work blah blah" because it DOES have SM3 and it DOES work and it DOES pass. You say "oh well you havent given anything backing it up".. Well Yiffy has, and you have nothing except your own crap your spewing to try to get him to buy the ATI card.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 3600+ X2 Biostar Tforce 550 BFG 7600GT OC Corsair XMS DDR675 2x1024 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 160GB + WD 80GB SATA Windows XP Pro Compaq MV720 Logitech 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
FSP FX600-GLN Aspire X-Cruiser Black Razer Copperhead Tempest Ratzpad GS 
  hide details  
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 3600+ X2 Biostar Tforce 550 BFG 7600GT OC Corsair XMS DDR675 2x1024 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 160GB + WD 80GB SATA Windows XP Pro Compaq MV720 Logitech 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
FSP FX600-GLN Aspire X-Cruiser Black Razer Copperhead Tempest Ratzpad GS 
  hide details  
post #79 of 124
Thread Starter 
im not takin sides in this arguement but from this article http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=Njc4
the difference is like WOW!OMG***BBQ! its like having 1 pixel then like a million.

sorry just got excited there the difference between xm1.1 and sm3.0 is really great. dose any have any screen shots from CoD2? of SM3.0 and non sm 3.0

also when sm3.0 is running dose it hurt the fps?

edit: well my first card was a 4mb card then i got an fx5200 and then another fx5200. so what im tryin to say here is that im lookin for the best bang for buck card that will last me 2-3years and still play nicely with some eye-candy.
Gaming Comp
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700K MSI Z170A-Gaming M7 Motherboard  MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB  16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 (2 x 8GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
750GB +1TB + 2TB Samsung 850 EVO Series M.2 500GB SSD  Corsair Hydro Series H110i GT 280mm Liquid CPU ... Win 10 Pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410 24" Logitech G19 Seasonic XP-1050 Platinum 1050W Power Supply  Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition Case with... 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Deathadder Razer Mantis aka Massive Pad 
  hide details  
Gaming Comp
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700K MSI Z170A-Gaming M7 Motherboard  MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB  16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 (2 x 8GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
750GB +1TB + 2TB Samsung 850 EVO Series M.2 500GB SSD  Corsair Hydro Series H110i GT 280mm Liquid CPU ... Win 10 Pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410 24" Logitech G19 Seasonic XP-1050 Platinum 1050W Power Supply  Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition Case with... 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Deathadder Razer Mantis aka Massive Pad 
  hide details  
post #80 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy
Seems pretty obvious you have some favor to ATi seeing as how the only article I've read stating nVidia hardware is failing SM3.0 WHQL tests is ATi's little slideshow they released sometime back. Not to mention the fact that they were showing tests done under year-old drivers...
Did you even read the article I linked, man? Pictures, info, and a link to another article solely about SM3.0.
I come to this forum to discuss computers,performance and overclocking. In the last 10 minutes, you've accused me of being deaf,dumb,blind,arrogant,living under a rock,misrepresenting facts,and favoring Ati. To these accusations, I offer but one responese, please tell the what facts I've misrepresented and I'll ignore the rest.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Asus P8P67 Galaxy GTX580 8GB G Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 80 gb SSD, Raptor 150 Windows 7 Home Premium 24" Samsung LCD Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
PCP&C 750W Antec P180 Logitech MX-510 blue 
  hide details  
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Asus P8P67 Galaxy GTX580 8GB G Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 80 gb SSD, Raptor 150 Windows 7 Home Premium 24" Samsung LCD Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
PCP&C 750W Antec P180 Logitech MX-510 blue 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Graphics Cards - General
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › x850 xt vs 6800 gt