Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › !~Club 5770~!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

!~Club 5770~! - Page 459

post #4581 of 5048
Looks like they don't get much cheaper, If you wan't 2 pcie 2.0 x8 slots for crossfire/sli
post #4582 of 5048
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiLuckyB View Post
Looks like they don't get much cheaper, If you wan't 2 pcie 2.0 x8 slots for crossfire/sli
hahahahah you guys!

nah money is not an issue ! I've had enough of the head**** haha when i built this PC it was 2 years ago when it was all nice and new! ended up spending 1.7k on back then now its not even worth 1k all up...

I was thinking maybe go up a little start with a pretty decent MB?
http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=AM2RChl84MZrKh6J
or
http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=lt1ShF6xEn3rlLe7

kinda got my heart set on that rampage III Extreme...
but how can you findout whether it supports x16 / x8 or 4 etc!!

and one more question! can you use 1156 pin RAM or i5 processor in a 1356 pin MB?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Inter Core i5 650 @ 3.20 Ghz Gigabyte P55a-UD3R Cross Fire Radeon DH 4Gb 6990 Corsair 8Gb DDR3 @ 2398.6 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2Tb Windows 7 Ultimate 24" Benq HX 650w Corsair 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Inter Core i5 650 @ 3.20 Ghz Gigabyte P55a-UD3R Cross Fire Radeon DH 4Gb 6990 Corsair 8Gb DDR3 @ 2398.6 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2Tb Windows 7 Ultimate 24" Benq HX 650w Corsair 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4583 of 5048
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashmo View Post
Can you use 1156 pin RAM or i5 processor in a 1356 pin MB?
No, you would have to start all over with new stuff.
post #4584 of 5048
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashmo View Post
hahahahah you guys!

nah money is not an issue ! I've had enough of the head**** haha when i built this PC it was 2 years ago when it was all nice and new! ended up spending 1.7k on back then now its not even worth 1k all up...

I was thinking maybe go up a little start with a pretty decent MB?
http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=AM2RChl84MZrKh6J
or
http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=lt1ShF6xEn3rlLe7

kinda got my heart set on that rampage III Extreme...
but how can you findout whether it supports x16 / x8 or 4 etc!!
You cant use those motherboards. 1 is amd and the other is 1366. You would have to start over with different cpu's, and ram.
post #4585 of 5048
I can't find the 1156 ASUS Maximus III Extreme for sale anymore. 1156 is going away because of 1155 came out, And no you can't use 1155 motherboards with 1156 cpu's
post #4586 of 5048
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiLuckyB View Post
I can't find the 1156 ASUS Maximus III Extreme for sale anymore. 1156 is going away because of 1155 came out, And no you can't use 1155 motherboards with 1156 cpu's
ooppps sorry i was meanto link the Rampage Extreme III pin 1365 but linked the wrong one

ahh well looks like im gonna end up with a third PC...
speaking of that


my old pc has come up with a strange error! it screws up at the boot stage... ive tried fixing it with a fresh windows installation!!
i formatted the hard drive via a diff PC
put it back in... tried again same error ...
changed the graphic card from 7600 gt to 6400...
still the same error its an old HP pentium 4 LOL yeah just a little out dated but still does my typing and internet work... anyways...
here is what the error is in put in the windows cd , it loads the files... the says

Windows Failed to start. A recent Hardware or Software Change Might be the casue. To fix problem:
1. Insert your windows Installation disc and restart your Pc.
2. Choose langauge setting , and click next.
3. Click "repair your computer:

Status: 0xc0000225

info: an unexpected error has occurred.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Inter Core i5 650 @ 3.20 Ghz Gigabyte P55a-UD3R Cross Fire Radeon DH 4Gb 6990 Corsair 8Gb DDR3 @ 2398.6 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2Tb Windows 7 Ultimate 24" Benq HX 650w Corsair 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Inter Core i5 650 @ 3.20 Ghz Gigabyte P55a-UD3R Cross Fire Radeon DH 4Gb 6990 Corsair 8Gb DDR3 @ 2398.6 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2Tb Windows 7 Ultimate 24" Benq HX 650w Corsair 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4587 of 5048
Does anyone have any heatsink cooler recommendations? I love my 5770 but the stock fan is noisy!
Gaming Desktop
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ Stock FTM GA-H77M MSI 6950 2GB 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256GB SSD Boot 5TB External 2TB External 1TB External 
OSMonitorPowerMouse
Windows 8 Acer 27in Corsair 650w G502 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Desktop
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ Stock FTM GA-H77M MSI 6950 2GB 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256GB SSD Boot 5TB External 2TB External 1TB External 
OSMonitorPowerMouse
Windows 8 Acer 27in Corsair 650w G502 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4588 of 5048
Please *snip* this.

~Ceadder
Edited by Ceadderman - 3/13/11 at 1:24pm
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4589 of 5048
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashmo View Post
ooppps sorry i was meanto link the Rampage Extreme III pin 1365 but linked the wrong one

ahh well looks like im gonna end up with a third PC...
speaking of that


my old pc has come up with a strange error! it screws up at the boot stage... ive tried fixing it with a fresh windows installation!!
i formatted the hard drive via a diff PC
put it back in... tried again same error ...
changed the graphic card from 7600 gt to 6400...
still the same error its an old HP pentium 4 LOL yeah just a little out dated but still does my typing and internet work... anyways...
here is what the error is in put in the windows cd , it loads the files... the says

Windows Failed to start. A recent Hardware or Software Change Might be the casue. To fix problem:
1. Insert your windows Installation disc and restart your Pc.
2. Choose langauge setting , and click next.
3. Click "repair your computer:

Status: 0xc0000225

info: an unexpected error has occurred.
Hmmmm don't know why that would be kashmo.

Oh and if you wish to see which lanes are which just bring up the photos(Newegg) and enlarge them. Should be able to read the markings on the board. That's how I was able to read mine before I got this board.

~Ceadder
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4590 of 5048
any decent performance charts for crossfired 5770's vs say the 6 series cards or newish nvidia knocking about anyone?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom(tm) II x4 B50 @ 3.8 gHz GA-MA790FXT-UD5P 2x Gigabyte HD5770 2x2GB XMS3 1333 7-7-7-20 (1600ram) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB + 80GB seagate Barracuda SataII LG CH08LS10 Super Multi Blu-Ray WIN7 Pro 64bit LG Flatron W2261VP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Sidewinder 700w Coolermaster SilentPro NZXT Alpha IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 - optical - 5 button 
Mouse Pad
coolermaster aluminium pad 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom(tm) II x4 B50 @ 3.8 gHz GA-MA790FXT-UD5P 2x Gigabyte HD5770 2x2GB XMS3 1333 7-7-7-20 (1600ram) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB + 80GB seagate Barracuda SataII LG CH08LS10 Super Multi Blu-Ray WIN7 Pro 64bit LG Flatron W2261VP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Sidewinder 700w Coolermaster SilentPro NZXT Alpha IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 - optical - 5 button 
Mouse Pad
coolermaster aluminium pad 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › !~Club 5770~!