Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › !~Club 5770~!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

!~Club 5770~! - Page 464

post #4631 of 5048
I've got -this- card and was wondering if I should get another of the exact same kind for crossfire or possibly sell and upgrade to (a better single or) a better pair of ATi cards?
Skylake
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 6600k Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI MSI Radeon R9 290 Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 850 Pro SSD Corsair H100i V2 Windows 10 Corsair RM850i 
CaseAudioAudio
Corsair Carbide 400C MrSpeakers Mad Dog Headphones Yamaha HS80M Studio Monitors 
  hide details  
Reply
Skylake
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 6600k Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI MSI Radeon R9 290 Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 850 Pro SSD Corsair H100i V2 Windows 10 Corsair RM850i 
CaseAudioAudio
Corsair Carbide 400C MrSpeakers Mad Dog Headphones Yamaha HS80M Studio Monitors 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4632 of 5048
btw im sure my card can go really high, curent settings

V 1087 (undervolted)
Core 952
Mem 1351

My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD athlon x4 620 3.30Ghz AM3 Biostar TA790GX A3+ ATI Radeon HIS 5770 1gb 4 GB Kingston 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
500gb Seagate Windows 7 ultimate Sidewinder x6 CM 500w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
CM elite 335 Sidewinder x5 Razor 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD athlon x4 620 3.30Ghz AM3 Biostar TA790GX A3+ ATI Radeon HIS 5770 1gb 4 GB Kingston 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
500gb Seagate Windows 7 ultimate Sidewinder x6 CM 500w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
CM elite 335 Sidewinder x5 Razor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4633 of 5048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizz View Post
using the latest drivers and im using Afterburner version 1.5.0 (im sure its old). If i overclock an keep it at or under the limits of CCC then my clocks drop when not doing anything that needs the GPU much, but when i overclock over the CCC limits it stays at max clocks no matter what im doing.

Another question, whats the max save volts i can give it?
Newest drivers as in 11.4? They have been the best drivers ive used in a long time. 1.5.0 that is WAY to old! I think its your problem. Go get 2.2.0 Beta 2 - http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=341585
post #4634 of 5048
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealEyes View Post
I've got -this- card and was wondering if I should get another of the exact same kind for crossfire or possibly sell and upgrade to (a better single or) a better pair of ATi cards?
Well its up to you. If you want to mess with crossfire or not. I went all the way to 3 5770's and they are great for running 1080P. A 6950/6970 2GB will beat a 5770 crossfire, And the 6950 2GB is going to cost about the same as 2 of your cards. Im trying to run Eyefinity, So I have a XFX 6990 coming Wednesday
post #4635 of 5048
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiLuckyB View Post
Well its up to you. If you want to mess with crossfire or not. I went all the way to 3 5770's and they are great for running 1080P. A 6950/6970 2GB will beat a 5770 crossfire, And the 6950 2GB is going to cost about the same as 2 of your cards. Im trying to run Eyefinity, So I have a XFX 6990 coming Wednesday
Ummm you can run Eyefiniti with 3 5770s' as far as I know. Unless AMD stopped supporting that feature which I doubt they have. You just have all your connections in the main card as far as I am aware.

No need to go 6990 unless that's what you set out to run to begin with. And of course 69** series beats 5770 XFire. 5770 XFire is =/< 5870. I doubt anyone thinks that 5870 > 6950.

But none of the cards is out of date yet and all run Eyefiniti.

~Ceadder
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4636 of 5048
thnx HiLuckyB, it was the Afterburner being old. Im sitting at

V: 1250
Core: 1050
Mem: 1360

fan speed is at 60 max temp in games was 63c, should i push it more?

EDIT: forgot to say i did get the latest afterburner now
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD athlon x4 620 3.30Ghz AM3 Biostar TA790GX A3+ ATI Radeon HIS 5770 1gb 4 GB Kingston 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
500gb Seagate Windows 7 ultimate Sidewinder x6 CM 500w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
CM elite 335 Sidewinder x5 Razor 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD athlon x4 620 3.30Ghz AM3 Biostar TA790GX A3+ ATI Radeon HIS 5770 1gb 4 GB Kingston 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
500gb Seagate Windows 7 ultimate Sidewinder x6 CM 500w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
CM elite 335 Sidewinder x5 Razor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4637 of 5048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadderman View Post
Ummm you can run Eyefiniti with 3 5770s' as far as I know. Unless AMD stopped supporting that feature which I doubt they have. You just have all your connections in the main card as far as I am aware.

No need to go 6990 unless that's what you set out to run to begin with. And of course 69** series beats 5770 XFire. 5770 XFire is =/< 5870. I doubt anyone thinks that 5870 > 6950.

But none of the cards is out of date yet and all run Eyefiniti.

~Ceadder
I know 1 5770 can run Eyefinity. Im running eyefinity right now But playing games on low to medium with no AA is not my thing Its the 2GB of Vram holding me back with the 5770's
post #4638 of 5048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizz View Post
thnx HiLuckyB, it was the Afterburner being old. Im sitting at

V: 1250
Core: 1050
Mem: 1360

fan speed is at 60 max temp in games was 63c, should i push it more?

EDIT: forgot to say i did get the latest afterburner now
Good to hear You have a really good card there
post #4639 of 5048
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiLuckyB View Post
I know 1 5770 can run Eyefinity. Im running eyefinity right now But playing games on low to medium with no AA is not my thing Its the 2GB of Vram holding me back with the 5770's
I play EVERYTHING maxxed out with AA unless it is developed directly for NVidicaca like FarCry2. Ubis stupid DX10 code interferes with solid operation. I made the mistake of trying it in the middle of my previous game and it worked. But when I quit(to Restart) I came back to find that my game was borked because my last save was stuck in DX10 mode and it was like looking at my buddy as he was standing behind a sheet of frosted glass with a Movie Spotlight from the 30s' lighting it up behind me. Completely blinding.

But for the most part there aren't too many games that I can't play in DX10. I even play my S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game in DX11 maxxed out. And get no stutters no artifacting(other than me going after an artifact in the game ) and I generally play with Bloom enabled. Of course I am playing with a single card. I should snarf the card out of my Bros system and XFire them to see how well it works with my games. heh heh heh

~Ceadder
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4640 of 5048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadderman View Post
I play EVERYTHING maxxed out with AA unless it is developed directly for NVidicaca like FarCry2. Ubis stupid DX10 code interferes with solid operation. I made the mistake of trying it in the middle of my previous game and it worked. But when I quit(to Restart) I came back to find that my game was borked because my last save was stuck in DX10 mode and it was like looking at my buddy as he was standing behind a sheet of frosted glass with a Movie Spotlight from the 30s' lighting it up behind me. Completely blinding.

But for the most part there aren't too many games that I can't play in DX10. I even play my S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game in DX11 maxxed out. And get no stutters no artifacting(other than me going after an artifact in the game ) and I generally play with Bloom enabled. Of course I am playing with a single card. I should snarf the card out of my Bros system and XFire them to see how well it works with my games. heh heh heh

~Ceadder
My 3 5770's blow everything out of the water at 1080p, Except Metro 2033. It still beats my 5770's down But when I try to play at 5760x1080 then it shows you 5770's are not going to cut it
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › !~Club 5770~!