Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › AMD 3700+ San Diego - Overclockin Question
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AMD 3700+ San Diego - Overclockin Question - Page 5

post #41 of 98
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
You can try increasing the HTT and see if it can go any higher. If it won't then try tightning up your timings.
Thanks

Im gonna mess around with it for a while, then will post back

Just a few questions before I get going

Q1. How far can I adjust each of the timings (between what boundaries)?

Q2. How do I know which timing to adjust if something goes wrong?

Q3. What could go Wrong?

Q4. Can I decrease the Ddr voltage or Vdimm, and if so to what?

Q5. My idle temp is 37*C and load is 41*C - what becomes dangerous temps?

Q6. How shall I go about Ocing further - should I leave:

HT Multiplier=3x
Multiplier=10x
and increase HTT<270

Sorry if the questions sound really stupid.

I really appreciate what everyone has done for me in this forum, and find it great there are som many people out there willing to help!

Thank you so Very Much!!!!
Eagerly waiting your reply....
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
AMD 3700+ San Diego Asus A8n-SLi Premium Windows XP Pro Dell 17&quot; 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX Wireless Antec TruePower 2.0 550W Chenbro Gaming Bomb Logitech MX700 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
AMD 3700+ San Diego Asus A8n-SLi Premium Windows XP Pro Dell 17&quot; 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX Wireless Antec TruePower 2.0 550W Chenbro Gaming Bomb Logitech MX700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #42 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by sham
Thanks

Im gonna mess around with it for a while, then will post back

Just a few questions before I get going

Q1. How far can I adjust each of the timings (between what boundaries)?

Q2. How do I know which timing to adjust if something goes wrong?

Q3. What could go Wrong?

Q4. Can I decrease the Ddr voltage or Vdimm, and if so to what?

Q5. My idle temp is 37*C and load is 41*C - what becomes dangerous temps?

Q6. How shall I go about Ocing further - should I leave:

HT Multiplier=3x
Multiplier=10x
and increase HTT<270

Sorry if the questions sound really stupid.

I really appreciate what everyone has done for me in this forum, and find it great there are som many people out there willing to help!

Thank you so Very Much!!!!
Eagerly waiting your reply....
1) Don't understand the question
2) Testing
3) Wouldn't boot and you'd have to reset BIOS
4) Can't be answered without testing
5) Stay under 55 load
6) If you want the best stable Overclock on your system, you need to find your cpu max,ram max,and fsb max. After those 3 are known, use Gogar's tool to find final system settings.

ps If you want to try for a higher ram max, increase CPC to 2T. I believe Ste told you to put it at 1T. 2T should allow you to go higher.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Asus P8P67 Galaxy GTX580 8GB G Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 80 gb SSD, Raptor 150 Windows 7 Home Premium 24" Samsung LCD Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
PCP&C 750W Antec P180 Logitech MX-510 blue 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Asus P8P67 Galaxy GTX580 8GB G Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 80 gb SSD, Raptor 150 Windows 7 Home Premium 24" Samsung LCD Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
PCP&C 750W Antec P180 Logitech MX-510 blue 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 98
1.Try and get the timings as low as possible without causing instability. Lower than you already are is only better, providing it's stable.
2.Only change one setting at a time, then you know which one is the problem.
3.Changing Ram timings cannot damage anything.
4.You can try, as low as is stable.
5.Safe operating temps for an A64 is ~60°C, but try and keep below 50°C for stability.
6.To overclock further you need to raise the HTT, if this isn't stable, again loosen ram timings,try extra vcore, vdimm as appropriate.
Clevo P170HM
(6 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 2760QM HD 6990m Samsung 1333mhz Crucial M4 SSD 
Hard DriveOS
Western Digital Black 500gb Windows 7 64 Bit 
  hide details  
Reply
Clevo P170HM
(6 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 2760QM HD 6990m Samsung 1333mhz Crucial M4 SSD 
Hard DriveOS
Western Digital Black 500gb Windows 7 64 Bit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 98
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
1.Try and get the timings as low as possible without causing instability. Lower than you already are is only better, providing it's stable.
2.Only change one setting at a time, then you know which one is the problem.
3.Changing Ram timings cannot damage anything.
4.You can try, as low as is stable.
5.Safe operating temps for an A64 is ~60°C, but try and keep below 50°C for stability.
6.To overclock further you need to raise the HTT, if this isn't stable, again loosen ram timings,try extra vcore, vdimm as appropriate.
Ok...Ive done some testing

With timings 3-4-4-8 and the Ddr voltage or Vdimm at 1.85 or 1.9 i was stable with occt...

BUT when i tried p95, i got the rounding error.

1. How can I resolve this?

2. Here is what i discovered with help from a friend:

*^*We tested memory FSB to 310 - could ahve gone higher - it was stable with memtest

*^*We got upto 2.75Ghz with memory on divider at stock voltage, without displaying "BSOD" - I think that means blue screen of death....

So, Why was I stable with OCCTat 1.85 and 1.9 Vdimm voltages, but not stable when I tested the 1.85 with prime95.

ODD.....

Any comments

Should I loosen the timings...I dont want to increase the Cpu voltage just yet

Thanks

Look forward to your ideas...
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
AMD 3700+ San Diego Asus A8n-SLi Premium Windows XP Pro Dell 17&quot; 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX Wireless Antec TruePower 2.0 550W Chenbro Gaming Bomb Logitech MX700 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
AMD 3700+ San Diego Asus A8n-SLi Premium Windows XP Pro Dell 17&quot; 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX Wireless Antec TruePower 2.0 550W Chenbro Gaming Bomb Logitech MX700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 98
No, if your OCCT is stable then the ram timings would'nt make a difference. That problem in prime95 is known to be related to a low CPU voltage. If you want to raise it now raise it up to the next highest level.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
Athlon 64 3800+ X2 DFI LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-D Windows XP Pro 20.1'' Samsung 204T 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse OCZ Powerstream 600W ATOP XBlade Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
Athlon 64 3800+ X2 DFI LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-D Windows XP Pro 20.1'' Samsung 204T 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse OCZ Powerstream 600W ATOP XBlade Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #46 of 98
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandapimp
No, if your OCCT is stable then the ram timings would'nt make a difference. That problem in prime95 is known to be related to a low CPU voltage. If you want to raise it now raise it up to the next highest level.
i see, does that mean that if I want to stick at this voltage I should ignore prime95, and just accept OCCT stable - meaning that it is stable

OR

Should I change sujm settings until I can get prime95 stable.

Thanks
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
AMD 3700+ San Diego Asus A8n-SLi Premium Windows XP Pro Dell 17&quot; 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX Wireless Antec TruePower 2.0 550W Chenbro Gaming Bomb Logitech MX700 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
AMD 3700+ San Diego Asus A8n-SLi Premium Windows XP Pro Dell 17&quot; 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX Wireless Antec TruePower 2.0 550W Chenbro Gaming Bomb Logitech MX700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #47 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by sham
i see, does that mean that if I want to stick at this voltage I should ignore prime95, and just accept OCCT stable - meaning that it is stable

OR

Should I change sujm settings until I can get prime95 stable.

Thanks
I can't stand an unstable machine. I suggest spending some more time on getting it Prime95 stable, but that's your choice. Is it crashing doing whatever you do on the comp?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Asus P8P67 Galaxy GTX580 8GB G Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 80 gb SSD, Raptor 150 Windows 7 Home Premium 24" Samsung LCD Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
PCP&C 750W Antec P180 Logitech MX-510 blue 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Asus P8P67 Galaxy GTX580 8GB G Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 80 gb SSD, Raptor 150 Windows 7 Home Premium 24" Samsung LCD Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
PCP&C 750W Antec P180 Logitech MX-510 blue 
  hide details  
Reply
post #48 of 98
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sccr64472
I can't stand an unstable machine. I suggest spending some more time on getting it Prime95 stable, but that's your choice. Is it crashing doing whatever you do on the comp?
It never crashes down, even when playing games...but prime95 gives the roundign error m,essage, but OCCT SAYS IT IS SSTTAABBLLEE!!!

Confusing....So whatsettings should I adjust to get p95 stable....is it summin to do with memroy because when we tested the emory on a divider before, i could run at 2700.

Which memory settings hosuld i adjust?
voltage perhaps? or Timings?

Thanks
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
AMD 3700+ San Diego Asus A8n-SLi Premium Windows XP Pro Dell 17&quot; 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX Wireless Antec TruePower 2.0 550W Chenbro Gaming Bomb Logitech MX700 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
AMD 3700+ San Diego Asus A8n-SLi Premium Windows XP Pro Dell 17&quot; 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX Wireless Antec TruePower 2.0 550W Chenbro Gaming Bomb Logitech MX700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #49 of 98
Thread Starter 
Any ideas????
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
AMD 3700+ San Diego Asus A8n-SLi Premium Windows XP Pro Dell 17&quot; 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX Wireless Antec TruePower 2.0 550W Chenbro Gaming Bomb Logitech MX700 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
AMD 3700+ San Diego Asus A8n-SLi Premium Windows XP Pro Dell 17&quot; 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX Wireless Antec TruePower 2.0 550W Chenbro Gaming Bomb Logitech MX700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #50 of 98
If yout temps are fine, up the vcore a notch and retest Prime.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X4 965 ASUS M4A79 Deluxe 9800GTx2 2x2G OCZ Reapers 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500G WD Black LiteOn CD/DVD R/W Win7 64 22'' ws Acer AL2223W 
KeyboardPowerMouse
MS KU462 Natural SS DA750 MS 5 button 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X4 965 ASUS M4A79 Deluxe 9800GTx2 2x2G OCZ Reapers 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500G WD Black LiteOn CD/DVD R/W Win7 64 22'' ws Acer AL2223W 
KeyboardPowerMouse
MS KU462 Natural SS DA750 MS 5 button 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › AMD 3700+ San Diego - Overclockin Question