Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [TI.UK]Illegal downloaders spend the most on music
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TI.UK]Illegal downloaders spend the most on music - Page 21

post #201 of 220
No see my ideas are correct... Lets take a trip down to Wikipedia

Here in Texas they can do nothing

If the judgment is for the plaintiff, then the defendant must comply under penalty of law with the judgment, which will usually be a monetary award. If the defendant fails to pay, the court has various powers to seize any of the defendant's assets located within its jurisdiction, such as:

* Bank account garnishment <---- Same as wages only IRS can do this
* Liens <-----
Quote:
A lien can be placed against most property, with the exception of that which is held in "entirety". Texas has an unlimited Homestead Exemption, except for the land itself.
So if your homestead'ed you're safe.

* Wage garnishment <---- Not possible in Texas

Sources
http://library.findlaw.com/1999/Oct/1/126857.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawsuit
http://www.tlsc.org/lhot%20pubs/righ...in%20texas.pdf

I now what I am talking about again if you live in another state well that's your problem not mine.. I love Texas
Edited by SS_Patrick - 11/4/09 at 5:29pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Gigabyte P67-UD4-B3 GTX 580 GTX 580 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Who cares? Intel SSD  Windows 7 Dell u3011 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Dell u3011 Seasonic x1200 800D G700 
AudioAudio
Xonar STX Beyerdynamic DT 990 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Gigabyte P67-UD4-B3 GTX 580 GTX 580 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Who cares? Intel SSD  Windows 7 Dell u3011 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Dell u3011 Seasonic x1200 800D G700 
AudioAudio
Xonar STX Beyerdynamic DT 990 
  hide details  
Reply
post #202 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmo_9000 View Post
Well you have convinced me, I will no longer download anything off the internet thats not legal.

Internet radio Sucks!! People that love music would never judge any music with that crap. It would be like going to a wine tasting with dirty beer glass and washing the taste out of your mouth with a can of bud. Before trying the next sample. Mp3s are bad enough phuu. I can't bear to hurt my ears for long with them as it is.

I wonder how many defending copyright laws here work in the music industry?

I also wonder how many of you ever had any dealings with them slime buckets that your defending.

They a crooked and ball the everything they touch. The few pennies the give the ones that make the stuff and they scoop the rest.

EVEN THE DAMN STORES NOW DAYS WANT TO TELL THEM WHATS IN THERE SONGS OF THEY WON'T SELL IT. WAL YUCK MART!! NOT TO SAY ANY NAMES.

The radio now days is even worst bleeping half the songs out. So somebody's 12 year old don't get offended. So I go out now I BUY!!!! Theory of a Deadman. I driving home think wow great CD then Opps Bleep bleep bleep. What!!!!! looking at my new CD Hmmm Nop not a clean version. Turn around and take it back to the store Mad as H*ll bleep for all you that think so much of it!! Guess what they won't take it back because its open. Now I am so mad my head coming off. They just violated the first amendment of or constitution and they feel they have a right to pull that open package on me. Well the downloaded version I had was not like that and it don't say Clean version so how would I know you ruin the song unless I open the damn thing!!!

I had to buy the CD from JAPAN of all Places !! to get the whole song I paid for. And I got stuck with that Bleeping version!!

Now why do think they do this? Rip you off !!! Also they don't want to spend the money to make a clean version and explicit because it just might cut into the profit. Plus stores like the Great Wal of mart (China Mart) now tell the artistes that they won't sell there cd's unless they are clean. If that not the Commies telling the Democracy how to live!! All for love of a buck!!

Now you say Poor Poor record company !! My heart bleeds

First they rip off the artistes!! then they rip us off!! and to top it all off manipulate the rights of the people that made it telling them how much they will lose if they don't, you know that 3 or 4 cents a song they get for making the song in the first place. Ya Great!!

Did you ever notice that bands that don't get bent out of shape over Music Downloads are New bands? Why do you think that is!!

I remember back in the Napster Metallica, shot there mouth off and made a big deal out of downloads. well 10 years later was the next time they made a dime!! it almost destroyed them!! And there music sucked too!! but that was the real reason they were losing money. Ya Load and Reload !! phuu. Na It can't be we suck!! It's them damn downloaders I tell ya!!

So in a short Failing bands whine and up and coming Bands know the value of getting heard!!

You do all know that most bands make there money for the concerts don't you? The tour makes money for the Band, the CD make the money for the record company and the tour Promotes the sales of the CD. That is how it works. But if someone downloads music and goes to the concert then why buy the CD? The Band made more from the concert. The CD is pocket change.

So let see. If don't download the new CD how do I know if I will like the concert. Now if they put on a Good Show I go after the show and buy the CD.

I can't Stand Moral Copyright lovers. They just love to stand back with that Shame Shame stuff!! I bet they even Buy Clean version CDs Yep Protect the Copyright but hay leave a big old steaming Pile right on the 1st amendment. Where is your moral. Here in this country if you don't like it change the channel, don't buy it, Don't look at it, Ya just turn your head. It real easy an one or 2 words bother you or a picture. maybe some video. This is the home of the brave we are the ones that are believing Sticks and stone my break my bones but no way in Bleep is no pictures or words hurting nothing.

I tell you what how about I we down-loaders start stickin a buck or 2 in a envelope every time we download a CD we like but send it to the Band!! and don't even bother with the rest. I bet in under a month there would not be a band on the planet that would say one word ever again. Shoot they be posting the stuff them selfs!!

But the recorded company would have a fit. WHO CARES!!!


Copyright Laws are like Helmet Laws they SUCK!!
Edited by Fearlessleader - 11/4/09 at 10:46pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 CO 1.35 volts Asus P6T deluxe V1 Asus Hd 4870x2+8800gts Physx 6GB CORSAIR TR3X6G1600C8D 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Velociraptor 300gb TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203B Win 7 Ultimate Retail Samsung Syncmaster T240 Touch of Color 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Sidewinder X6 COOLER MASTER Real Power Pro RS-C50-EMBA-D2 1250W Cooler Master Stacker 830 MS Sidewinder X8 
Mouse Pad
CM Stacker Aluminum 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 CO 1.35 volts Asus P6T deluxe V1 Asus Hd 4870x2+8800gts Physx 6GB CORSAIR TR3X6G1600C8D 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Velociraptor 300gb TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203B Win 7 Ultimate Retail Samsung Syncmaster T240 Touch of Color 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Sidewinder X6 COOLER MASTER Real Power Pro RS-C50-EMBA-D2 1250W Cooler Master Stacker 830 MS Sidewinder X8 
Mouse Pad
CM Stacker Aluminum 
  hide details  
Reply
post #203 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Patrick View Post
No see my ideas are correct... Lets take a trip down to Wikipedia

Here in Texas they can do nothing

If the judgment is for the plaintiff, then the defendant must comply under penalty of law with the judgment, which will usually be a monetary award. If the defendant fails to pay, the court has various powers to seize any of the defendant's assets located within its jurisdiction, such as:

* Bank account garnishment <---- Same as wages only IRS can do this
* Liens <----- So if your homestead'ed you're safe.

* Wage garnishment <---- Not possible in Texas

Sources
http://library.findlaw.com/1999/Oct/1/126857.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawsuit
http://www.tlsc.org/lhot%20pubs/righ...in%20texas.pdf

I now what I am talking about again if you live in another state well that's your problem not mine.. I love Texas
You are hilarious.

First off, if you read the very quote they posted, the Homestead exemption only applies to the home you own - NOT THE UNDERLYING LAND.

If you own a home, you'll never be able to sell it with a lien on the land. You may as well have a lien on the damn home.

Secondly, a homestead exemption traditionally only applies to what is considered a statutory "homestead." This is usually only your house.

THis means the judgment creditors can sieze your car, your personal property, and anything else you may own. Not to mention that once you have a judgment lien against you, ANYTHING NEW you buy can be prospectively siezed.

So even if you don't have anything now, good luck buying a car in a few years. That thing will be reposessed by a Sheriff so fast your head will spin.
My Puter
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Haswell @ 4.2GHZ on Air Gigabyte EVGA HD 7870 2x4GB G.Skill DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black Windows 8 Hanns-G 28" HG281D Corsair 620Watts 
Case
Antec Nine Hundred 
  hide details  
Reply
My Puter
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Haswell @ 4.2GHZ on Air Gigabyte EVGA HD 7870 2x4GB G.Skill DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black Windows 8 Hanns-G 28" HG281D Corsair 620Watts 
Case
Antec Nine Hundred 
  hide details  
Reply
post #204 of 220
Honestly any one that actually understands pirating and the whole situation (especially music) would already know this.
post #205 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearlessleader View Post
Internet radio Sucks!! People that love music would never judge any music with that crap. It would be like going to a wine tasting with dirty beer glass and washing the taste out of your mouth with a can of bud. Before trying the next sample. Mp3s are bad enough phuu. I can't bear to hurt my ears for long with them as it is.

I wonder how many defending copyright laws here work in the music industry?

I also wonder how many of you ever had any dealings with them slime buckets that your defending.

They a crooked and ball the everything they touch. The few pennies the give the ones that make the stuff and they scoop the rest.

EVEN THE DAMN STORES NOW DAYS WANT TO TELL THEM WHATS IN THERE SONGS OF THEY WON'T SELL IT. WAL YUCK MART!! NOT TO SAY ANY NAMES.

The radio now days is even worst bleeping half the songs out. So somebody's 12 year old don't get offended. So I go out now I BUY!!!! Theory of a Deadman. I driving home think wow great CD then Opps Bleep bleep bleep. What!!!!! looking at my new CD Hmmm Nop not a clean version. Turn around and take it back to the store Mad as H*ll bleep for all you that think so much of it!! Guess what they won't take it back because its open. Now I am so mad my head coming off. They just violated the first amendment of or constitution and they feel they have a right to pull that open package on me. Well the downloaded version I had was not like that and it don't say Clean version so how would I know you ruin the song unless I open the damn thing!!!

I had to buy the CD from JAPAN of all Places !! to get the whole song I paid for. And I got stuck with that Bleeping version!!

Now why do think they do this? Rip you off !!! Also they don't want to spend the money to make a clean version and explicit because it just might cut into the profit. Plus stores like the Great Wal of mart (China Mart) now tell the artistes that they won't sell there cd's unless they are clean. If that not the Commies telling the Democracy how to live!! All for love of a buck!!

Now you say Poor Poor record company !! My heart bleeds

First they rip off the artistes!! then they rip us off!! and to top it all off manipulate the rights of the people that made it telling them how much they will lose if they don't, you know that 3 or 4 cents a song they get for making the song in the first place. Ya Great!!

Did you ever notice that bands that don't get bent out of shape over Music Downloads are New bands? Why do you think that is!!

I remember back in the Napster Metallica, shot there mouth off and made a big deal out of downloads. well 10 years later was the next time they made a dime!! it almost destroyed them!! And there music sucked too!! but that was the real reason they were losing money. Ya Load and Reload !! phuu. Na It can't be we suck!! It's them damn downloaders I tell ya!!

So in a short Failing bands whine and up and coming Bands know the value of getting heard!!

You do all know that most bands make there money for the concerts don't you? The tour makes money for the Band, the CD make the money for the record company and the tour Promotes the sales of the CD. That is how it works. But if someone downloads music and goes to the concert then why buy the CD? The Band made more from the concert. The CD is pocket change.

So let see. If don't download the new CD how do I know if I will like the concert. Now if they put on a Good Show I go after the show and buy the CD.

I can't Stand Moral Copyright lovers. They just love to stand back with that Shame Shame stuff!! I bet they even Buy Clean version CDs Yep Protect the Copyright but hay leave a big old steaming Pile right on the 1st amendment. Where is your moral. Here in this country if you don't like it change the channel, don't buy it, Don't look at it, Ya just turn your head. It real easy an one or 2 words bother you or a picture. maybe some video. This is the home of the brave we are the ones that are believing Sticks and stone my break my bones but no way in Bleep is no pictures or words hurting nothing.

I tell you what how about I we down-loaders start stickin a buck or 2 in a envelope every time we download a CD we like but send it to the Band!! and don't even bother with the rest. I bet in under a month there would not be a band on the planet that would say one word ever again. Shoot they be posting the stuff them selfs!!

But the recorded company would have a fit. WHO CARES!!!


Copyright Laws are like Helmet Laws they SUCK!!
Holy crap, AMEN
SILENCE
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PhenomII 955BE C2 Foxconn Destroyer GTX 275 SLI 8GB HyperX KHX PC8500 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
RAID0 with X4 400GB 7200.10 seagates+750GB DATA Lightscribe MULTI Recorder DL+ Se7en x64 22'' W2253TQ 2.5ms 50,000:1 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Belkin n52te Corsair TX850w Thermaltake V9 Black Lachesis 4000dpi 
Mouse Pad
Golithus Alpha L (speed) 
  hide details  
Reply
SILENCE
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PhenomII 955BE C2 Foxconn Destroyer GTX 275 SLI 8GB HyperX KHX PC8500 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
RAID0 with X4 400GB 7200.10 seagates+750GB DATA Lightscribe MULTI Recorder DL+ Se7en x64 22'' W2253TQ 2.5ms 50,000:1 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Belkin n52te Corsair TX850w Thermaltake V9 Black Lachesis 4000dpi 
Mouse Pad
Golithus Alpha L (speed) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #206 of 220
i never spent a 1$ on music or movies and i have everysaingle album and moive you can think of
Red Tiger
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 4.5Ghz Evga x58 watercooled **EVGA GTX 470** (90day step up to 480) OCZ 1200Mhz 6GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD150GB 10k,WD 750GB, HITACHI 1TB X5 (5TB RAID 5) **Windows 7** Hanns.G 28" and Samsung 46" LED tv series 8 Das Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Quattro 1200 watt HAF 932 Modded Logitech G9 SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
Reply
Red Tiger
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 4.5Ghz Evga x58 watercooled **EVGA GTX 470** (90day step up to 480) OCZ 1200Mhz 6GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD150GB 10k,WD 750GB, HITACHI 1TB X5 (5TB RAID 5) **Windows 7** Hanns.G 28" and Samsung 46" LED tv series 8 Das Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Quattro 1200 watt HAF 932 Modded Logitech G9 SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #207 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheGTIguy View Post
Secondly, a homestead exemption traditionally only applies to what is considered a statutory "homestead." This is usually only your house.
I was charged with statutory homestead once... I entered a home that was under 18.
In Progress
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k P8P67 PRO Radeon HD6990 8GB Ripjaws 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ RevoDrive PCI-E Custom Water Windows 7 64 Ultimate Dell 22" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MX 5500 PCP&C Silencer 750 Quad Thermaltake Armor VA8000BWS MX 5500 
  hide details  
Reply
In Progress
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k P8P67 PRO Radeon HD6990 8GB Ripjaws 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ RevoDrive PCI-E Custom Water Windows 7 64 Ultimate Dell 22" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MX 5500 PCP&C Silencer 750 Quad Thermaltake Armor VA8000BWS MX 5500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #208 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitpc313 View Post
i never spent a 1$ on music or movies and i have everysaingle album and moive you can think of
And you're a douche.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k ASRock Z77 Extreme6 EVGA GTX 980ti Superclock 4x4GB Samsung 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD840 2xMaxtor 200gb RAID0 Customer water cooling with '77 Bonneville rad Windows 10 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" Korean 1440p Razor mechanical Corsair TH850W CM Stacker 810 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Lachesis generic 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k ASRock Z77 Extreme6 EVGA GTX 980ti Superclock 4x4GB Samsung 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD840 2xMaxtor 200gb RAID0 Customer water cooling with '77 Bonneville rad Windows 10 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" Korean 1440p Razor mechanical Corsair TH850W CM Stacker 810 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Lachesis generic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #209 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urufu_Shinjiro View Post
And you're a douche.
No, he's honest.
ElRigTheRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 2.4 GHz Asus Maximus Formula Asus EN8800GT 512MB 4GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.858TB (3x JBOD) HP 16x DVD Burner Vista Ultimate x64 SP2 24" FPD2485 Gateway LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Ultra X3 1000w Antec P182 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer Xact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
ElRigTheRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 2.4 GHz Asus Maximus Formula Asus EN8800GT 512MB 4GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.858TB (3x JBOD) HP 16x DVD Burner Vista Ultimate x64 SP2 24" FPD2485 Gateway LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Ultra X3 1000w Antec P182 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer Xact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #210 of 220
the second part of his statement is not correct
poo
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 920 Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P Sapphire HD 5850 8GB G.Skill PI Black 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
~13 TB Samsung SH-S223L Win7 Pro x64 Dell U2412M 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch Corsair HX620 Corsair 650D Logitech G400 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Puretrak Talent Yamaha RX-V795 Energy RC-10 Audio Technica ATH-AD700 
Audio
Chrysalis Bassmatrix-10 
  hide details  
Reply
poo
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 920 Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P Sapphire HD 5850 8GB G.Skill PI Black 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
~13 TB Samsung SH-S223L Win7 Pro x64 Dell U2412M 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch Corsair HX620 Corsair 650D Logitech G400 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Puretrak Talent Yamaha RX-V795 Energy RC-10 Audio Technica ATH-AD700 
Audio
Chrysalis Bassmatrix-10 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Software News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [TI.UK]Illegal downloaders spend the most on music