Overclock.net › Forums › Volt Mods › General Volt Mods › vMOD Gallery: if its mod'd...it belongs here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

vMOD Gallery: if its mod'd...it belongs here - Page 29

post #281 of 553
well i jot got my 5770 from RMA and i was right,it is the CHEAPER,YET nicely designed PCB...There s nothing missing i think.What do u think?
First thing i did was to put sinks on the VRMs and upper memory.
I also searched for V CONTROLLERS.
vGPU is controlled by uP6204 controller that i see for the 1st time.Its 3 phase so i suppose it uses I2C but not curently supported by MSI.
vMEM is (HERE IS THE BIG ADVANTAGE OF THIS PCB) uP6101!!!!YAYYYYYYYY!!!!
FB to Ground 3,52kOhms!!!vMEM mod is on the way!!!
In the original PCB this is done by dual Volteras so u cant mod...
Anyway i left everything else stock in order to find the max OC and then see diferences by cappin/modding!

The only bad is that after getting new mobo too,i think that either my BALLISTIX or my PSU are damaged...rigth now i run off a 1GIG 667 but when i checked them in my friends pc they worked fine.I think PSU is the suspect!!!





Edited by theo.gr - 1/27/10 at 6:21am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2Q Q6600 @3,6GHz DFI LP DK X48 T2RS 5770 @1000/1400 BALLISTIX 6400@1203MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2*160GB SEAGATE VISTA 32 ULTIMATE 24" LG FLATRON 2442PA Full HD TT PUREPOWER RX 600 
Case
H.A.F 932 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2Q Q6600 @3,6GHz DFI LP DK X48 T2RS 5770 @1000/1400 BALLISTIX 6400@1203MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2*160GB SEAGATE VISTA 32 ULTIMATE 24" LG FLATRON 2442PA Full HD TT PUREPOWER RX 600 
Case
H.A.F 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #282 of 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by theo.gr View Post
well i jot got my 5770 from RMA and i was right,it is the CHEAPER,YET nicely designed PCB...There s nothing missing i think.What do u think?
First thing i did was to put sinks on the VRMs and upper memory.
I also searched for V CONTROLLERS.
vGPU is controlled by uP6204 controller that i see for the 1st time.Its 3 phase so i suppose it uses I2C but not curently supported by MSI.
vMEM is (HERE IS THE BIG ADVANTAGE OF THIS PCB) uP6101!!!!YAYYYYYYYY!!!!
FB to Ground 3,52kOhms!!!vMEM mod is on the way!!!
In the original PCB this is done by dual Volteras so u cant mod...
Anyway i left everything else stock in order to find the max OC and then see diferences by cappin/modding!

The only bad is that after getting new mobo too,i think that either my BALLISTIX or my PSU are damaged...rigth now i run off a 1GIG 667 but when i checked them in my friends pc they worked fine.I think PSU is the suspect!!!

[img=http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/5135/dsc00088n.th.jpg]
[img=http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/4172/dsc00089t.th.jpg]
[img=http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/5894/dsc00085u.th.jpg]
[img=http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/8845/dsc00086e.th.jpg]
Put those Ballistix in the freezer before your bench runs That's who I get mine to run 1300 5-4-4-12 @ 2.44v
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400, E8600, 980BE T2RS+, P5E3, TA890FXE 8800GTS's,GTX's,GS,Ultra's,9600GT Lots of D9's and some crap DDR3 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Seagate 250GB + 80GB WD for benching TT 875w, Corsair 650TX Custom bench station 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400, E8600, 980BE T2RS+, P5E3, TA890FXE 8800GTS's,GTX's,GS,Ultra's,9600GT Lots of D9's and some crap DDR3 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Seagate 250GB + 80GB WD for benching TT 875w, Corsair 650TX Custom bench station 
  hide details  
Reply
post #283 of 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaMan View Post
Put those Ballistix in the freezer before your bench runs That's who I get mine to run 1300 5-4-4-12 @ 2.44v
First i will need to boot with them again under normal conditions
The pc wont boot with them...
But i had them 1203MHz 6-5-6-15 @2,04volts 24/7.Nice ha???

I aws thinking putting them to oven...for how much and in what temp exactly?Anyone knows????????

EDITid some quick troublshooting and foud out that 1 of my BALLISTIX is damaged for sure...Wont boot with both of them,only CPU detection sometimes but then stuck.Only running 2gigs now ,its acceptable...!
ANY SUGGESTIONS ofr the damaged stick?
Edited by theo.gr - 1/27/10 at 8:27am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2Q Q6600 @3,6GHz DFI LP DK X48 T2RS 5770 @1000/1400 BALLISTIX 6400@1203MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2*160GB SEAGATE VISTA 32 ULTIMATE 24" LG FLATRON 2442PA Full HD TT PUREPOWER RX 600 
Case
H.A.F 932 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2Q Q6600 @3,6GHz DFI LP DK X48 T2RS 5770 @1000/1400 BALLISTIX 6400@1203MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2*160GB SEAGATE VISTA 32 ULTIMATE 24" LG FLATRON 2442PA Full HD TT PUREPOWER RX 600 
Case
H.A.F 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #284 of 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by theo.gr View Post
First i will need to boot with them again under normal conditions
The pc wont boot with them...
But i had them 1203MHz 6-5-6-15 @2,04volts 24/7.Nice ha???

I aws thinking putting them to oven...for how much and in what temp exactly?Anyone knows????????

EDITid some quick troublshooting and foud out that 1 of my BALLISTIX is damaged for sure...Wont boot with both of them,only CPU detection sometimes but then stuck.Only running 2gigs now ,its acceptable...!
ANY SUGGESTIONS ofr the damaged stick?
Freezer for 3 hours, worked on one of my old ddr2 gskill sticks a while back

If it's anything like baking an xbox360, just 385F for 10 mins but it might be completely different
post #285 of 553
Thread Starter 
350-400 for 5-10min ... I think I used 350 for ~7min last time I baked my Ballistix..didnt even use the freezer..worked great! Was back to rocking 540mhz cas4 in no time
post #286 of 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martkilu View Post
Freezer for 3 hours, worked on one of my old ddr2 gskill sticks a while back

If it's anything like baking an xbox360, just 385F for 10 mins but it might be completely different
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL3P20 View Post
350-400 for 5-10min ... I think I used 350 for ~7min last time I baked my Ballistix..didnt even use the freezer..worked great! Was back to rocking 540mhz cas4 in no time
Thanks guys!Should i remove the cooler off the stick?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2Q Q6600 @3,6GHz DFI LP DK X48 T2RS 5770 @1000/1400 BALLISTIX 6400@1203MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2*160GB SEAGATE VISTA 32 ULTIMATE 24" LG FLATRON 2442PA Full HD TT PUREPOWER RX 600 
Case
H.A.F 932 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2Q Q6600 @3,6GHz DFI LP DK X48 T2RS 5770 @1000/1400 BALLISTIX 6400@1203MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2*160GB SEAGATE VISTA 32 ULTIMATE 24" LG FLATRON 2442PA Full HD TT PUREPOWER RX 600 
Case
H.A.F 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #287 of 553
Theo glad to hear they took your card back. Not sure about your previous question as I have never done that befor but Im sure somebody will tell you
EVOLVE
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|i5 750-voltage may vary| |Foxconn Katana[Non GTI]| 380 4Gb |4Gb/Tridents@Clocked| 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
|[V3/60Gb][500Gb]| |Windows 7 64 bit| |LG-EW224| |Antec HCG750| 
Case
|Tech Station| 
  hide details  
Reply
EVOLVE
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|i5 750-voltage may vary| |Foxconn Katana[Non GTI]| 380 4Gb |4Gb/Tridents@Clocked| 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
|[V3/60Gb][500Gb]| |Windows 7 64 bit| |LG-EW224| |Antec HCG750| 
Case
|Tech Station| 
  hide details  
Reply
post #288 of 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by theo.gr View Post
First i will need to boot with them again under normal conditions
The pc wont boot with them...
But i had them 1203MHz 6-5-6-15 @2,04volts 24/7.Nice ha???

I aws thinking putting them to oven...for how much and in what temp exactly?Anyone knows????????

EDITid some quick troublshooting and foud out that 1 of my BALLISTIX is damaged for sure...Wont boot with both of them,only CPU detection sometimes but then stuck.Only running 2gigs now ,its acceptable...!
ANY SUGGESTIONS ofr the damaged stick?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martkilu View Post
Freezer for 3 hours, worked on one of my old ddr2 gskill sticks a while back

If it's anything like baking an xbox360, just 385F for 10 mins but it might be completely different
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL3P20 View Post
350-400 for 5-10min ... I think I used 350 for ~7min last time I baked my Ballistix..didnt even use the freezer..worked great! Was back to rocking 540mhz cas4 in no time
Only takes ~30 mins at the most for the freezer to do its job. About the same time as preheating and cooking. Though, I strongly suggest giving them at least 10 mins in the freezer before any bench run. You'll be surprised as the effects actually last a couple hours. At least they always do for me. Until I brake the 2.4v barrier and then they heat up really quickly.

Here's a collection a made a while back. Did all of them after a run in the freezer.



CAS 4:

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=481956 1100 ~2.25v

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=481969 1150 ~2.35v

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=481979 1175 2.42v


CAS 3:

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=481985 850 ~2.4v


http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=481988 875 ~2.45

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=481991 890 ~2.50v

CAS 5:

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=519358 1300 2.35v

I so wanted to hit 1200 Cas4 and 900 Cas3 T1. Looks I should be able to here soon though.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400, E8600, 980BE T2RS+, P5E3, TA890FXE 8800GTS's,GTX's,GS,Ultra's,9600GT Lots of D9's and some crap DDR3 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Seagate 250GB + 80GB WD for benching TT 875w, Corsair 650TX Custom bench station 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400, E8600, 980BE T2RS+, P5E3, TA890FXE 8800GTS's,GTX's,GS,Ultra's,9600GT Lots of D9's and some crap DDR3 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Seagate 250GB + 80GB WD for benching TT 875w, Corsair 650TX Custom bench station 
  hide details  
Reply
post #289 of 553
Thread Starter 
Nice Pizza! Good clocks for sure ..as for removing the heatspreaders before cooking..my thoughts were it would actually help put heat where its needed...on the IC's ..so I left mine on.
post #290 of 553
Nice!So i ll leave them on.I froze the stick for 4 hours and i manged to boot windows but it froze soon after...
So only oven is left...350F for 6-9 minutes RIGHT?


EDIT:Alright i baked it nice and good,180C for 7 minutes,couldnt touch it from the heat!
I have a fan blowing on it right now to cool down and then i am gonna check again.
Do u think this run was enough or should i bake it a little higher?Say 200C?
Edited by theo.gr - 1/28/10 at 9:18am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2Q Q6600 @3,6GHz DFI LP DK X48 T2RS 5770 @1000/1400 BALLISTIX 6400@1203MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2*160GB SEAGATE VISTA 32 ULTIMATE 24" LG FLATRON 2442PA Full HD TT PUREPOWER RX 600 
Case
H.A.F 932 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2Q Q6600 @3,6GHz DFI LP DK X48 T2RS 5770 @1000/1400 BALLISTIX 6400@1203MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2*160GB SEAGATE VISTA 32 ULTIMATE 24" LG FLATRON 2442PA Full HD TT PUREPOWER RX 600 
Case
H.A.F 932 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Volt Mods
Overclock.net › Forums › Volt Mods › General Volt Mods › vMOD Gallery: if its mod'd...it belongs here