Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Phones › The Official Motorola Droid Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Motorola Droid Club - Page 68

post #671 of 1529
Anyone ever have their battery go "oh hey, guess what? I'm down to 5%" just out of no where, then if you shut it off and bring it back, it's fine? Just happened to me now. Plugged it in. Looked again it was back to 60.
HAFaestus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8120 ASUS Sabertooth 990FX ASUS DirectCU GTX 460 2 x 4GB Samsung 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
128GB M4 250GB Seagate 1TB WD Black LG 20X DualLayer 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit HP w2338h Chicony KB-2961 SeaSonic X750 80+Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master HAF 932 Black Interior Logitech G9x Razer Goliathus Extended Razer Carcharias 
AudioAudio
Denon AVR-1712 Klipsch Qunitet 
  hide details  
Reply
HAFaestus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8120 ASUS Sabertooth 990FX ASUS DirectCU GTX 460 2 x 4GB Samsung 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
128GB M4 250GB Seagate 1TB WD Black LG 20X DualLayer 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit HP w2338h Chicony KB-2961 SeaSonic X750 80+Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master HAF 932 Black Interior Logitech G9x Razer Goliathus Extended Razer Carcharias 
AudioAudio
Denon AVR-1712 Klipsch Qunitet 
  hide details  
Reply
post #672 of 1529
Issues with droid.

ran into the home screen not going to landscape even when auto detect is ON. rotted but its no big deal.

also, I did a factory reset for the hell of it last night cause the phone is still new and i didn't have much on it that wasn't easily replaced.

well, i gotta say, i didn't d/l ANY app killers, battery savers, wifi detectors or anything and the battery seems to be lasting a lot longer today... a lot longer...

what gives? lol
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium III @ 533MHz QDI Advance 10F lol 255MB 
Hard DriveOSPower
IDE TC Hamster wheel 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium III @ 533MHz QDI Advance 10F lol 255MB 
Hard DriveOSPower
IDE TC Hamster wheel 
  hide details  
Reply
post #673 of 1529
Hi all!

Just got my brand new Milestone on Sunday
So far I can't complain about anything except the battery life. I gotta charge at least once a day. Maybe sometimes more

Wonderful apps, awesome touch screen, no issues whatsoever with the slide out qwerty. Camera's very grainy in low light conditions, and day shots look fabulous on the screen. However, when I transferred the pics to my 24 inch LCD, it looked horrible. But hey, its all good. Android 2.1!!!

PS: Please add me to the member list
The Firstborn
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[AMD Athlon II X3 435] @ [2.93] [Biostar TA790GX A3+] [MSI R5770-PMD1G 1GB DDR5] @ [400/850] [G-Skill Ripjaw DDR3 4GB] @ [1333] [9-9-9-24] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[500GB WD]+[250GB Seagate]+[1TB Seagate]+[2TB WD] [HP Combo 16x DVD rewrite] [Windows 7 Pro 64] [24" BenQ 2420HD LCD] @ 1920x1080 
PowerCase
[CoolerMaster GX 750W] [CoolerMaster Elite 310] 
  hide details  
Reply
The Firstborn
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[AMD Athlon II X3 435] @ [2.93] [Biostar TA790GX A3+] [MSI R5770-PMD1G 1GB DDR5] @ [400/850] [G-Skill Ripjaw DDR3 4GB] @ [1333] [9-9-9-24] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[500GB WD]+[250GB Seagate]+[1TB Seagate]+[2TB WD] [HP Combo 16x DVD rewrite] [Windows 7 Pro 64] [24" BenQ 2420HD LCD] @ 1920x1080 
PowerCase
[CoolerMaster GX 750W] [CoolerMaster Elite 310] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #674 of 1529
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonSnake View Post
Hi all!

Just got my brand new Milestone on Sunday
So far I can't complain about anything except the battery life. I gotta charge at least once a day. Maybe sometimes more

Wonderful apps, awesome touch screen, no issues whatsoever with the slide out qwerty. Camera's very grainy in low light conditions, and day shots look fabulous on the screen. However, when I transferred the pics to my 24 inch LCD, it looked horrible. But hey, its all good. Android 2.1!!!

PS: Please add me to the member list
hey. welcome to the club. they're fun little phones hey!!! love mine. check my latest post too. I was having issues with battery life too even after downloading all the battery saver apps. did a factory and decided to keep the phone fairly stock for a few days. this is day one and the battery is lasing a lot longer. only 3 apps on there now, one being the market itself. phones lasting a while. gotta reinstall my emulators but thats no prob.

edit: just in the middle of mass effect 2 btw. amazing game :-)
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium III @ 533MHz QDI Advance 10F lol 255MB 
Hard DriveOSPower
IDE TC Hamster wheel 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium III @ 533MHz QDI Advance 10F lol 255MB 
Hard DriveOSPower
IDE TC Hamster wheel 
  hide details  
Reply
post #675 of 1529
Well my reset went fine last night. It amazed me how easy it was to get it back to the exact way I had it before.
post #676 of 1529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damarious25 View Post
hey. welcome to the club. they're fun little phones hey!!! love mine. check my latest post too. I was having issues with battery life too even after downloading all the battery saver apps. did a factory and decided to keep the phone fairly stock for a few days. this is day one and the battery is lasing a lot longer. only 3 apps on there now, one being the market itself. phones lasting a while. gotta reinstall my emulators but thats no prob.

edit: just in the middle of mass effect 2 btw. amazing game :-)
My battery life's zoomed up pretty well today. I've installed advanced app killer and juice defender. Neat lil apps! Keeps my data transfer and wifi in check when the phone's sleeping.
My stock phone was pretty bad on battery life. The apps surely helped bro.

Thanks for the welcome
And I finished Mass Effect 2 a couple weeks ago. Loved it.
The Firstborn
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[AMD Athlon II X3 435] @ [2.93] [Biostar TA790GX A3+] [MSI R5770-PMD1G 1GB DDR5] @ [400/850] [G-Skill Ripjaw DDR3 4GB] @ [1333] [9-9-9-24] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[500GB WD]+[250GB Seagate]+[1TB Seagate]+[2TB WD] [HP Combo 16x DVD rewrite] [Windows 7 Pro 64] [24" BenQ 2420HD LCD] @ 1920x1080 
PowerCase
[CoolerMaster GX 750W] [CoolerMaster Elite 310] 
  hide details  
Reply
The Firstborn
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[AMD Athlon II X3 435] @ [2.93] [Biostar TA790GX A3+] [MSI R5770-PMD1G 1GB DDR5] @ [400/850] [G-Skill Ripjaw DDR3 4GB] @ [1333] [9-9-9-24] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[500GB WD]+[250GB Seagate]+[1TB Seagate]+[2TB WD] [HP Combo 16x DVD rewrite] [Windows 7 Pro 64] [24" BenQ 2420HD LCD] @ 1920x1080 
PowerCase
[CoolerMaster GX 750W] [CoolerMaster Elite 310] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #677 of 1529
i love my urbandictionary app. gives me a good laugh
Xavier i7
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 @ 3.6 ghz EVGA X58 SLI A1 2x BFG GTX285 SLI 6GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 500GB + 1TB Storage ASUS DRW-2014L1 20x DVD±RW (LS) Windows 7 Pro 2x Samsung 23" P2350 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Rev.2 Corsair HX850W CM 690 II CM Storm Sentinel Advance 
  hide details  
Reply
Xavier i7
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 @ 3.6 ghz EVGA X58 SLI A1 2x BFG GTX285 SLI 6GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 500GB + 1TB Storage ASUS DRW-2014L1 20x DVD±RW (LS) Windows 7 Pro 2x Samsung 23" P2350 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Rev.2 Corsair HX850W CM 690 II CM Storm Sentinel Advance 
  hide details  
Reply
post #678 of 1529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damarious25 View Post
Issues with droid.

ran into the home screen not going to landscape even when auto detect is ON. rotted but its no big deal.

also, I did a factory reset for the hell of it last night cause the phone is still new and i didn't have much on it that wasn't easily replaced.

well, i gotta say, i didn't d/l ANY app killers, battery savers, wifi detectors or anything and the battery seems to be lasting a lot longer today... a lot longer...

what gives? lol
landscape when you open the keyboard? If not then the phone only goes into landscape if you open the keyboard or your in an app. The home screen doesn't landscape do to lesser of evils. I'd personally get annoyed with my home screen flipping all over the place when im trying to go through the screen or whatever. Theres also some apps the developer didn't incorporate landscape into.
Hobbes
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 4790K GA-Z97X-SOC Gigabyte GTX 1080 Gaming Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB EK Predator 240mm Windows 7 x64 Das Keyboard 4 Professional CherryMX Blue 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic X750 Gold Corsair Carbide Air 540 Logitech G900 Schiit Bifrost Uber W/ USB Gen 2 DAC 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Schiit Asgard 2 Headphone Amp Audioengine N22 Speaker Amp AudioQuest Nighthawk Audioengine P4 Monitors. 
  hide details  
Reply
Hobbes
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 4790K GA-Z97X-SOC Gigabyte GTX 1080 Gaming Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB EK Predator 240mm Windows 7 x64 Das Keyboard 4 Professional CherryMX Blue 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic X750 Gold Corsair Carbide Air 540 Logitech G900 Schiit Bifrost Uber W/ USB Gen 2 DAC 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Schiit Asgard 2 Headphone Amp Audioengine N22 Speaker Amp AudioQuest Nighthawk Audioengine P4 Monitors. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #679 of 1529
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonSnake View Post
My battery life's zoomed up pretty well today. I've installed advanced app killer and juice defender. Neat lil apps! Keeps my data transfer and wifi in check when the phone's sleeping.
I did the factory reset to remove all apps including app killer and juice defender.

What i'm finding is the droid is staying juiced longer without them. App killer seemed to constantly be checking for running apps so it's constant checking was killing battery life. Also, with juice defender, I just don't think it was working for me even though it was enabled. now i am new to smart phones so maybe there were some settings in app killer I missed by my droids lasting a lot longer without the 10+ gimmicky apps I had downloaded originally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpykeZ View Post
landscape when you open the keyboard? If not then the phone only goes into landscape if you open the keyboard or your in an app. The home screen doesn't landscape do to lesser of evils. I'd personally get annoyed with my home screen flipping all over the place when im trying to go through the screen or whatever. Theres also some apps the developer didn't incorporate landscape into.
I had a little trouble understanding your post there buddy lol :-) all good. basically, the option "auto-landscape" stopped working. I found a thread that was like 30 pages on the topic. The thread was so large the forum admin closed it to open a second official one. The original one still exists if you find it to read, please post a link to it here.

It seems to be a VERY common problem that motorola is passing off as a fix. A lot of people are complaining and miss the feature. When you side the keyboard up, it goes to landscape but the droid originally stayed in landscape if the phone was tilted to a landscape position. It doesn't anymore.

Problem is, it's something that DOES work for the first few days people have the phone but then stops suddenly and the option to enable the feature is useless. So people call it a bug, motorola calls it a fix. You be the judge.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium III @ 533MHz QDI Advance 10F lol 255MB 
Hard DriveOSPower
IDE TC Hamster wheel 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium III @ 533MHz QDI Advance 10F lol 255MB 
Hard DriveOSPower
IDE TC Hamster wheel 
  hide details  
Reply
post #680 of 1529
ooo I didn't know that. Now that you mention it I think I remember seeing my home pages going to landscape but then I always thought it was only when I had the keyboard out....hmm....now im curious ahaha. I guess I could dig the feature of not having to open the keyboard to landscape it. i find myself using the onscreen keyboard more and more for quick txts. Keyboard for longer ones.
Hobbes
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 4790K GA-Z97X-SOC Gigabyte GTX 1080 Gaming Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB EK Predator 240mm Windows 7 x64 Das Keyboard 4 Professional CherryMX Blue 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic X750 Gold Corsair Carbide Air 540 Logitech G900 Schiit Bifrost Uber W/ USB Gen 2 DAC 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Schiit Asgard 2 Headphone Amp Audioengine N22 Speaker Amp AudioQuest Nighthawk Audioengine P4 Monitors. 
  hide details  
Reply
Hobbes
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 4790K GA-Z97X-SOC Gigabyte GTX 1080 Gaming Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB EK Predator 240mm Windows 7 x64 Das Keyboard 4 Professional CherryMX Blue 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic X750 Gold Corsair Carbide Air 540 Logitech G900 Schiit Bifrost Uber W/ USB Gen 2 DAC 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Schiit Asgard 2 Headphone Amp Audioengine N22 Speaker Amp AudioQuest Nighthawk Audioengine P4 Monitors. 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Phones
Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Phones › The Official Motorola Droid Club