Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club - Page 1363

post #13621 of 28303
I finally have my system up and running! No OC yet but everything fit together and working properly.

I ended up mounting my H70 with the rad and push/shroud inside of the case and the pull fan on the outside. My room ambient temps are about 26C and my computer operates idle @ 28-30C. After 2 hours of SCII or Borderlands it hits about 40C.

I've attached some pics for reference. I know I need to do some cable management in the bottom of my case.

Edit: Using stock fans atm. A bit loud, but I never notice them while gaming.
LL
LL
LL
Apollo1
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 660 3.3 GHz Gigabyte GA-P55 EVGA GTX-465 4x2 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
2TB WD Cav/Grn Windows 7 Home 64 Corsair TX750 Lian Li Lancool PC-K58W 
  hide details  
Reply
Apollo1
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 660 3.3 GHz Gigabyte GA-P55 EVGA GTX-465 4x2 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
2TB WD Cav/Grn Windows 7 Home 64 Corsair TX750 Lian Li Lancool PC-K58W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13622 of 28303
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicahFett View Post
I finally have my system up and running! No OC yet but everything fit together and working properly.

I ended up mounting my H70 with the rad and push/shroud inside of the case and the pull fan on the outside. My room ambient temps are about 26C and my computer operates idle @ 28-30C. After 2 hours of SCII or Borderlands it hits about 40C.

I've attached some pics for reference. I know I need to do some cable management in the bottom of my case.

Edit: Using stock fans atm. A bit loud, but I never notice them while gaming.
WOW nice job.

This is exactly how I am going to install mine also!
Can you tell me:
1. What size is the shroud you used and where you got it from?
2. What sixe bolts did you use and where did you get them from?

Thanks

P.S. I have a Lian Li also

Mark
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
CORE I7 920 @ 3.8 GHz ASUS P6T DELUXE SLI EVGA GTX280 Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Caviar Black 640GB Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium Samsung SyncMaster T220 KINGWIN Mach 1 ABT-1000MA1S 
Case
Lian Li PC-B25F w/ side window W-LM2AB-1 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
CORE I7 920 @ 3.8 GHz ASUS P6T DELUXE SLI EVGA GTX280 Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Caviar Black 640GB Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium Samsung SyncMaster T220 KINGWIN Mach 1 ABT-1000MA1S 
Case
Lian Li PC-B25F w/ side window W-LM2AB-1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13623 of 28303
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicahFett View Post
I ended up mounting my H70 with the rad and push/shroud inside of the case
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_K View Post
Can you tell me:
1. What size is the shroud you used and where you got it from?
The shroud will help with airflow in the centre of the rad, but I presume that ideally you'd have a square shroud, to also improve airflow in the corners.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930 Asus P6X58D-E 6600GT Corsair XMS3 DDR3 2GB * 3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2 Sammy F3 1TB, 2 Seagate Barracuda 300GB Win 7 64-bit Eizo CG222W & Digimate Logitech 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Enemax 600W CM 690 II Adv Logitech MX1000 Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930 Asus P6X58D-E 6600GT Corsair XMS3 DDR3 2GB * 3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2 Sammy F3 1TB, 2 Seagate Barracuda 300GB Win 7 64-bit Eizo CG222W & Digimate Logitech 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Enemax 600W CM 690 II Adv Logitech MX1000 Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13624 of 28303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_K View Post
WOW nice job.

This is exactly how I am going to install mine also!
Can you tell me:
1. What size is the shroud you used and where you got it from?
2. What sixe bolts did you use and where did you get them from?

Thanks

P.S. I have a Lian Li also

Mark
I scrapped a 120mm fan that I got from a dead computer at work. I just gutted it. It's just over 35mm thickness with the little foam-rubber double sided tape that I used to seal the connections b/w it and my push fan.

For the Bolts, I had a difficult time finding the 6/32 spec bolts that the H70 uses. I did manage to get some 2 3/4" bolts at Home Depot, but couldn't find anything longer. I checked and found some bolts listed as 1/8" that looked to be nearly identical thread when compared to the supplied 6/32. I bought a set of those at the 3" I needed to make the traverse through the shroud. They worked perfectly.

I also purchased the 2 3/4" 6/32 bolts b/c I needed a bit of extra length to get from the outer fan to the radiator. However, there was some extra room and you'll see in the pics that I just used some random nuts to act as fat washers to take up the slack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
The shroud will help with airflow in the centre of the rad, but I presume that ideally you'd have a square shroud, to also improve airflow in the corners.
Yeah, ideally a square shroud would be best, but a gutted fan is a decent improvisational shroud. Asking the IT department at work, or someone who works with computers at a highschool/college is a good way to get discarded case fans (and cases) to scrap for free shrouds.
Edited by MicahFett - 9/20/10 at 8:58am
Apollo1
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 660 3.3 GHz Gigabyte GA-P55 EVGA GTX-465 4x2 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
2TB WD Cav/Grn Windows 7 Home 64 Corsair TX750 Lian Li Lancool PC-K58W 
  hide details  
Reply
Apollo1
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 660 3.3 GHz Gigabyte GA-P55 EVGA GTX-465 4x2 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
2TB WD Cav/Grn Windows 7 Home 64 Corsair TX750 Lian Li Lancool PC-K58W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13625 of 28303
Got mine in August... Only 1 fan pushing into case and out the top...

Though I don't OC

I bought it because I think it is pretty and heatsinks are too big





Computer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ Stock EVGA Z75 EVGA GTX 680 @ Stock 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB Vertex 2, 2x256GB Vertex 4 RAID0, 2x1TB WD... Windows 8 Pro 64-bit 28" LED Seasonic X-850 
Case
Corsair 600T White 
  hide details  
Reply
Computer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ Stock EVGA Z75 EVGA GTX 680 @ Stock 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB Vertex 2, 2x256GB Vertex 4 RAID0, 2x1TB WD... Windows 8 Pro 64-bit 28" LED Seasonic X-850 
Case
Corsair 600T White 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13626 of 28303
paint it black from inside =P
you will be much more pleased with it
XtachiX
(20 items)
 
XtachiX ROG
(14 items)
 
My first build
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 3770k Asrock Z77 Extreme4 ZOTAC GTX 970 ZOTAC GTX 970 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G SKILL RIPJAWS saegate 500GB 7200 RPM WD 500GB 7200 RPM Samsung SSD 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Corsaid H80i g skill ram cooler Windows 10 Pro Kubuntu 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" Samsung full HD monitor wireless logitech EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 850W HAF X 
MouseMouse PadAudio
wireless logitech custom dragon LG home theater system 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 E0 O/C to 3.39 GHz (399 fsb) stock voltage EP 43 UD3L 9400 gt 6GB kingmax 1066 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit eXPeditor CM Silent Pro M1000 HAF 922 
Mouse
logitech something 
  hide details  
Reply
XtachiX
(20 items)
 
XtachiX ROG
(14 items)
 
My first build
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 3770k Asrock Z77 Extreme4 ZOTAC GTX 970 ZOTAC GTX 970 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G SKILL RIPJAWS saegate 500GB 7200 RPM WD 500GB 7200 RPM Samsung SSD 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Corsaid H80i g skill ram cooler Windows 10 Pro Kubuntu 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" Samsung full HD monitor wireless logitech EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 850W HAF X 
MouseMouse PadAudio
wireless logitech custom dragon LG home theater system 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 E0 O/C to 3.39 GHz (399 fsb) stock voltage EP 43 UD3L 9400 gt 6GB kingmax 1066 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit eXPeditor CM Silent Pro M1000 HAF 922 
Mouse
logitech something 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13627 of 28303
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicahFett View Post
I scrapped a 120mm fan that I got from a dead computer at work. I just gutted it. It's just over 35mm thickness with the little foam-rubber double sided tape that I used to seal the connections b/w it and my push fan.

For the Bolts, I had a difficult time finding the 6/32 spec bolts that the H70 uses. I did manage to get some 2 3/4" bolts at Home Depot, but couldn't find anything longer. I checked and found some bolts listed as 1/8" that looked to be nearly identical thread when compared to the supplied 6/32. I bought a set of those at the 3" I needed to make the traverse through the shroud. They worked perfectly.

I also purchased the 2 3/4" 6/32 bolts b/c I needed a bit of extra length to get from the outer fan to the radiator. However, there was some extra room and you'll see in the pics that I just used some random nuts to act as fat washers to take up the slack.



Yeah, ideally a square shroud would be best, but a gutted fan is a decent improvisational shroud. Asking the IT department at work, or someone who works with computers at a highschool/college is a good way to get discarded case fans (and cases) to scrap for free shrouds.
Okay, I went to home depot and could not find any 2 3/4" 6/32 bolts. they guy that worked there said they dont care them as they are too long and would not hold up?

I then said how about 1/8 by 3" and he said thats the same as the 6/32 that he just said he didnt have......

where can I buy these bolts?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
CORE I7 920 @ 3.8 GHz ASUS P6T DELUXE SLI EVGA GTX280 Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Caviar Black 640GB Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium Samsung SyncMaster T220 KINGWIN Mach 1 ABT-1000MA1S 
Case
Lian Li PC-B25F w/ side window W-LM2AB-1 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
CORE I7 920 @ 3.8 GHz ASUS P6T DELUXE SLI EVGA GTX280 Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Caviar Black 640GB Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium Samsung SyncMaster T220 KINGWIN Mach 1 ABT-1000MA1S 
Case
Lian Li PC-B25F w/ side window W-LM2AB-1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13628 of 28303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_K View Post
Okay, I went to home depot and could not find any 2 3/4" 6/32 bolts. they guy that worked there said they dont care them as they are too long and would not hold up?

I then said how about 1/8 by 3" and he said thats the same as the 6/32 that he just said he didnt have......

where can I buy these bolts?
The guy at home depot may have been wrong then. I couldn't get any help from anyone there by asking, so I just loitered in the nuts/bolts aisle for a long time staring at the merchandise. Eventually I found several various sizes of machine screws in the 6/32 variety. When I couldn't find any in the correct length I started just looking at whatever was there that looked similar.

I found the 1/8" machine screws and asked a store person to open it for me so that I could compare it to the sample bolt-hole plate they have installed in the aisle (a metal plate with various sized threaded holes so that you can try different bolts/screws for compatibility or use it to figure out the thread size of a mystery bolt you have). The screw fit and so I bought a pack of 4 for ~$1 USD.

I'd either go back and try again on your own or maybe try Lowes' or any other hardware store you have nearby. Even potentially a Wal-Mart. Other people have ordered them from online computer stores.
Apollo1
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 660 3.3 GHz Gigabyte GA-P55 EVGA GTX-465 4x2 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
2TB WD Cav/Grn Windows 7 Home 64 Corsair TX750 Lian Li Lancool PC-K58W 
  hide details  
Reply
Apollo1
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 660 3.3 GHz Gigabyte GA-P55 EVGA GTX-465 4x2 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
2TB WD Cav/Grn Windows 7 Home 64 Corsair TX750 Lian Li Lancool PC-K58W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13629 of 28303
Ok, here's mine. Went from 45C to 30C at idle.

The Machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-760 @ 2.8GHz Intel DH55HC EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Corsair XMS3 6GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Caviar Blue 640GB Windows 7 Premium acer H213H Antec Earthwatts 500W 
Case
Antec 200-2 
  hide details  
Reply
The Machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-760 @ 2.8GHz Intel DH55HC EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Corsair XMS3 6GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Caviar Blue 640GB Windows 7 Premium acer H213H Antec Earthwatts 500W 
Case
Antec 200-2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13630 of 28303
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicahFett View Post
I finally have my system up and running! No OC yet but everything fit together and working properly.

I ended up mounting my H70 with the rad and push/shroud inside of the case and the pull fan on the outside. My room ambient temps are about 26C and my computer operates idle @ 28-30C. After 2 hours of SCII or Borderlands it hits about 40C.

I've attached some pics for reference. I know I need to do some cable management in the bottom of my case.

Edit: Using stock fans atm. A bit loud, but I never notice them while gaming.
nice so basically u set up ur push/pull configuration like this
<-fan|-shroud|Radiator|shroud|fan<-
instead of ->fan|-shroud|Radiator|shroud|fan->
?
i7 Gaming PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @4.0 GHz 1.244V HT Enabled ASUS RAMPAGE III EXTREME EVGA GTX 580 + SLI Corsair Dominator 6gb DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
Crucial® RealSSD™ C300 64gb x2 /1T WD Caviar Black ASUS DRW/Bluray Combo Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Slackware Linux / FreeBSD Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX 850W Coolermaster HAF X CM Inferno Gaming Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
i7 Gaming PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @4.0 GHz 1.244V HT Enabled ASUS RAMPAGE III EXTREME EVGA GTX 580 + SLI Corsair Dominator 6gb DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
Crucial® RealSSD™ C300 64gb x2 /1T WD Caviar Black ASUS DRW/Bluray Combo Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Slackware Linux / FreeBSD Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX 850W Coolermaster HAF X CM Inferno Gaming Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club