Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club - Page 1370

post #13691 of 28247
Hello everyone. Got a quick question before I order my new parts.

I've chosen so far the: Coolermaster HAF X case, Phenom x4 965BE, Crosshair IV M/B and the H70. I was thinking of installing it on the top of the case in this order: Push fan->Shroud->Rad->Pull (200mm Top exaust fan), so I can take advantage of the top fan.

Now, while I was looking around for the Push fan I came accross to Scythe Kaze Jyuni 1900RPM

What do you guys think? Will the Scythe + the Case fan be enough to cool down the rad? If not, what do you suggest?

The noise is not an issue at all as I can't even sleep without music on!
Genjurian
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 965BE C3 Asus Crosshair IV Formula EVGA GTX 570 Superclocked 4Gb Kingston HyperX 12800 - KHX1600C8D3K2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ V2 60GB SSD +WD Blue 500Gb + 2x WD Green 750Gb Plextor PX8920SA Win 7 Ultimate x64 Eizo HD2441W + LG 1720B 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MK700 Corsair AX 1200 HAF - X Logitech M705 
  hide details  
Reply
Genjurian
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 965BE C3 Asus Crosshair IV Formula EVGA GTX 570 Superclocked 4Gb Kingston HyperX 12800 - KHX1600C8D3K2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ V2 60GB SSD +WD Blue 500Gb + 2x WD Green 750Gb Plextor PX8920SA Win 7 Ultimate x64 Eizo HD2441W + LG 1720B 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MK700 Corsair AX 1200 HAF - X Logitech M705 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13692 of 28247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevastos View Post
Hello everyone. Got a quick question before I order my new parts.

I've chosen so far the: Coolermaster HAF X case, Phenom x4 965BE, Crosshair IV M/B and the H70. I was thinking of installing it on the top of the case in this order: Push fan->Shroud->Rad->Pull (200mm Top exaust fan), so I can take advantage of the top fan.

Now, while I was looking around for the Push fan I came accross to Scythe Kaze Jyuni 1900RPM

What do you guys think? Will the Scythe + the Case fan be enough to cool down the rad? If not, what do you suggest?

The noise is not an issue at all as I can't even sleep without music on!
If noise is not an issue i would get a pair of these.
Ultra Kaze 3k Rpm
These with the shroud should do some nice cooling. IMO
post #13693 of 28247
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1nUrThr3t View Post
If noise is not an issue i would get a pair of these.
Ultra Kaze 3k Rpm
These with the shroud should do some nice cooling. IMO
Noise is ALWAYS an issue. DON'T get the Ultra Kaze 3,000 rpm fan. The noise vs cooling is simply not worth it. DON'T get the Jyuni, the static pressure is just terrible. Get the Ulltra Kaze 2,000 rpm. Nice static pressure (better than any 25 mm fan), decent noise level and cheap ($7.00 each).
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K @ 4.5Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 gtx 670 Corsair Vengeance 4 X 4GB @ 1600 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1 TB Seagate 7200.12 OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS XSPC RASA 750 RX360 Win 7 Pro 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus 27" 144hz 1920 X 1200 Razer Black Widow Ultimate BF3 Edition Corsair AX1200 HAF 932 Advanced 
MouseAudio
Razer Imperator BF3 Edition SB X-FI Titanium PCI Express 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K @ 4.5Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 gtx 670 Corsair Vengeance 4 X 4GB @ 1600 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1 TB Seagate 7200.12 OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS XSPC RASA 750 RX360 Win 7 Pro 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus 27" 144hz 1920 X 1200 Razer Black Widow Ultimate BF3 Edition Corsair AX1200 HAF 932 Advanced 
MouseAudio
Razer Imperator BF3 Edition SB X-FI Titanium PCI Express 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13694 of 28247
Thanks for your replies so far. I also found about the Coolermaster Excalibur... Any feedback on this one?

Also, can anyone provide links of European sites to buy them, since none can be found in Greece yet?
Genjurian
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 965BE C3 Asus Crosshair IV Formula EVGA GTX 570 Superclocked 4Gb Kingston HyperX 12800 - KHX1600C8D3K2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ V2 60GB SSD +WD Blue 500Gb + 2x WD Green 750Gb Plextor PX8920SA Win 7 Ultimate x64 Eizo HD2441W + LG 1720B 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MK700 Corsair AX 1200 HAF - X Logitech M705 
  hide details  
Reply
Genjurian
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 965BE C3 Asus Crosshair IV Formula EVGA GTX 570 Superclocked 4Gb Kingston HyperX 12800 - KHX1600C8D3K2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ V2 60GB SSD +WD Blue 500Gb + 2x WD Green 750Gb Plextor PX8920SA Win 7 Ultimate x64 Eizo HD2441W + LG 1720B 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MK700 Corsair AX 1200 HAF - X Logitech M705 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13695 of 28247
Anyone know how long Corsair take with RMA's they've received my parts.
Lord Vader
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 920 @ 4.03Ghz (Max 4.4) Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R REV2.0 ASUS GTX 480 @ 851/1900 6GB Triple Channel DDR3 1600Mhz Corsair+OCZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB WD Cavair Blue + 500GB Seagate Storage Drive LG HG22NS50 22x DVDRW Windows 7 Ultimate x64/ Snow Leopard Samsung SyncMaster B2230H 1080P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Wired Aluminum Keyboard Corsair HX650W Modular HAF X Logitech G500 
Mouse Pad
Inno3D IChiLL 
  hide details  
Reply
Lord Vader
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 920 @ 4.03Ghz (Max 4.4) Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R REV2.0 ASUS GTX 480 @ 851/1900 6GB Triple Channel DDR3 1600Mhz Corsair+OCZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB WD Cavair Blue + 500GB Seagate Storage Drive LG HG22NS50 22x DVDRW Windows 7 Ultimate x64/ Snow Leopard Samsung SyncMaster B2230H 1080P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Wired Aluminum Keyboard Corsair HX650W Modular HAF X Logitech G500 
Mouse Pad
Inno3D IChiLL 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13696 of 28247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevastos View Post
Hello everyone. Got a quick question before I order my new parts.

I've chosen so far the: Coolermaster HAF X case, Phenom x4 965BE, Crosshair IV M/B and the H70. I was thinking of installing it on the top of the case in this order: Push fan->Shroud->Rad->Pull (200mm Top exaust fan), so I can take advantage of the top fan.

Now, while I was looking around for the Push fan I came accross to Scythe Kaze Jyuni 1900RPM

What do you guys think? Will the Scythe + the Case fan be enough to cool down the rad? If not, what do you suggest?

The noise is not an issue at all as I can't even sleep without music on!
go ahead and order either 120mm Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-14 or AP-15 if u can dont get that crappy fan man .
i7 Gaming PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @4.0 GHz 1.244V HT Enabled ASUS RAMPAGE III EXTREME EVGA GTX 580 + SLI Corsair Dominator 6gb DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
Crucial® RealSSD™ C300 64gb x2 /1T WD Caviar Black ASUS DRW/Bluray Combo Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Slackware Linux / FreeBSD Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX 850W Coolermaster HAF X CM Inferno Gaming Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
i7 Gaming PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @4.0 GHz 1.244V HT Enabled ASUS RAMPAGE III EXTREME EVGA GTX 580 + SLI Corsair Dominator 6gb DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
Crucial® RealSSD™ C300 64gb x2 /1T WD Caviar Black ASUS DRW/Bluray Combo Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Slackware Linux / FreeBSD Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX 850W Coolermaster HAF X CM Inferno Gaming Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13697 of 28247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevastos View Post
Thanks for your replies so far. I also found about the Coolermaster Excalibur... Any feedback on this one?

Also, can anyone provide links of European sites to buy them, since none can be found in Greece yet?
excalibur is ok but having that fan its just like having the stock Corsair H70 fan. like i said i highly recommend the Scythe Gentle Typhoon ap-15 if u cant find that get the ap-14
i7 Gaming PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @4.0 GHz 1.244V HT Enabled ASUS RAMPAGE III EXTREME EVGA GTX 580 + SLI Corsair Dominator 6gb DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
Crucial® RealSSD™ C300 64gb x2 /1T WD Caviar Black ASUS DRW/Bluray Combo Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Slackware Linux / FreeBSD Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX 850W Coolermaster HAF X CM Inferno Gaming Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
i7 Gaming PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @4.0 GHz 1.244V HT Enabled ASUS RAMPAGE III EXTREME EVGA GTX 580 + SLI Corsair Dominator 6gb DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
Crucial® RealSSD™ C300 64gb x2 /1T WD Caviar Black ASUS DRW/Bluray Combo Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Slackware Linux / FreeBSD Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX 850W Coolermaster HAF X CM Inferno Gaming Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13698 of 28247
LoL so I picked up the h70 from tigerdirect and should be returning my h50 to microcenter tomorrow. Also picked up the 3k rpm fans. Now my question is can I make a shrout out of the stock fans
Edited by AK-47 - 9/22/10 at 8:16pm
post #13699 of 28247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevastos View Post
Hello everyone. Got a quick question before I order my new parts.

I've chosen so far the: Coolermaster HAF X case, Phenom x4 965BE, Crosshair IV M/B and the H70. I was thinking of installing it on the top of the case in this order: Push fan->Shroud->Rad->Pull (200mm Top exaust fan), so I can take advantage of the top fan.

Now, while I was looking around for the Push fan I came accross to Scythe Kaze Jyuni 1900RPM

What do you guys think? Will the Scythe + the Case fan be enough to cool down the rad? If not, what do you suggest?

The noise is not an issue at all as I can't even sleep without music on!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademark View Post
go ahead and order either 120mm Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-14 or AP-15 if u can dont get that crappy fan man .
Sorry, going to have to disagree with you guys here. Look at his post, he clearly states noise is not an issue. I am of the same mind set as my room fan probably puts out well over 100db. The Gentle Typhoon AP15 is most certainly a wonderful fan but it is not THE best fan for maximum cooling on a radiator. Without getting into the remarkable pressure you can get from 120x38mm fans, Silverstone's 120x25mm FM123's easily beat the static pressure of the AP15's or the Scythe Ultra's as mentioned above. Yes, they are more noisy and I'm sure there are better fans out there, I'm just making the point that the AP15's are kings of DBvsStatic/CFM but not king of static pressure in general.

If you are in Europe you might want to take a look at this one: http://www.koolance.com/water-coolin...product_id=683but I personally haven't tried anything from Koolance, nor have I seen them actually tested to verify those specs but they do sound impressive from reading the stats...so do their 120x38mm's.

How would you plan on mounting the rad to the top 200mm exhaust fan in your case as you mentioned? I can't really see how that would work, maybe my imagination isn't good enough, enlighten me please. =)
SoYLeNTGReeN
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 BE 1090T Asus Crosshair IV Extreme XFX Radeon HD 5870 2x Corsair XMS CMX4GX3M2A1600C7 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair Nova SSD V128gb2 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Samsung Syncmaster 22" Logitech G17 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX1000w CoolerMaster HAF X Logitech G3 BFG Ratpad GS 
  hide details  
Reply
SoYLeNTGReeN
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 BE 1090T Asus Crosshair IV Extreme XFX Radeon HD 5870 2x Corsair XMS CMX4GX3M2A1600C7 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair Nova SSD V128gb2 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Samsung Syncmaster 22" Logitech G17 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX1000w CoolerMaster HAF X Logitech G3 BFG Ratpad GS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13700 of 28247
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimbrady View Post
Sorry, going to have to disagree with you guys here. Look at his post, he clearly states noise is not an issue. I am of the same mind set as my room fan probably puts out well over 100db. The Gentle Typhoon AP15 is most certainly a wonderful fan but it is not THE best fan for maximum cooling on a radiator. Without getting into the remarkable pressure you can get from 120x38mm fans, Silverstone's 120x25mm FM123's easily beat the static pressure of the AP15's or the Scythe Ultra's as mentioned above. Yes, they are more noisy and I'm sure there are better fans out there, I'm just making the point that the AP15's are kings of DBvsStatic/CFM but not king of static pressure in general.

If you are in Europe you might want to take a look at this one: http://www.koolance.com/water-coolin...product_id=683but I personally haven't tried anything from Koolance, nor have I seen them actually tested to verify those specs but they do sound impressive from reading the stats...so do their 120x38mm's.

How would you plan on mounting the rad to the top 200mm exhaust fan in your case as you mentioned? I can't really see how that would work, maybe my imagination isn't good enough, enlighten me please. =)
sadly ur the only one suggesting that the fan is better than gentle typhoon. check every thread on this forum atleast 90% or better recommend the Scythe Gentle Typhoon. so yah ur one of the 5-10% who dont agree .
i7 Gaming PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @4.0 GHz 1.244V HT Enabled ASUS RAMPAGE III EXTREME EVGA GTX 580 + SLI Corsair Dominator 6gb DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
Crucial® RealSSD™ C300 64gb x2 /1T WD Caviar Black ASUS DRW/Bluray Combo Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Slackware Linux / FreeBSD Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX 850W Coolermaster HAF X CM Inferno Gaming Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
i7 Gaming PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @4.0 GHz 1.244V HT Enabled ASUS RAMPAGE III EXTREME EVGA GTX 580 + SLI Corsair Dominator 6gb DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
Crucial® RealSSD™ C300 64gb x2 /1T WD Caviar Black ASUS DRW/Bluray Combo Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Slackware Linux / FreeBSD Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX 850W Coolermaster HAF X CM Inferno Gaming Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club