Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club - Page 1550

post #15491 of 28303
Has anyone tried mounting a H70 on top of 700d/800d case with a shroud? After buying a fan, cutting it up, getting screws, I couldn't use the top mount as it runs into my motherboard, , I could mount it on the back rear but that would look nasty.
post #15492 of 28303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan_Nightwing View Post
Does anyone use a fan filter for your intake fan on their h70? If so, which one, and how much does it affect your air intake/cooling?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan_Nightwing View Post
Yea I saw that filter, it seems very nice. So you are saying you don't use one for your h50? How does that affect dust intake into your case/rad?
I answered your question Yes, I use a filter and supplied the link to the kind of filter I use. Then I answered the other question how much does it Effect your air intake/cooling NONE and then stated for your reference that I wasn't using the H70 I was using the H50 instead.

The filter works pretty good I have the same filters on all the intake fans on my case it filters out probably 90% of all the dust/debris it lets through the really fine dust but it is a lot better than before without filters having to vacuum/dust out my computer every week now I just clean the filters once a week and maybe the computer every 3 months.
Main
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition MSI NF750-G55 AM3 NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI EVGA 01G-P3-1158-TR GeForce GTS 250 1GB x 2 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB-1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital VelociRaptor WD6000HLHX 600GB Lite-On IHAS524 A Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung 46" 1080p 240Hz LED-LCD HDTV UN46C7000 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Thermaltake W0319RU 850W Modular IN-WIN FANQUA Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
Main
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition MSI NF750-G55 AM3 NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI EVGA 01G-P3-1158-TR GeForce GTS 250 1GB x 2 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB-1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital VelociRaptor WD6000HLHX 600GB Lite-On IHAS524 A Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung 46" 1080p 240Hz LED-LCD HDTV UN46C7000 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Thermaltake W0319RU 850W Modular IN-WIN FANQUA Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15493 of 28303
Bought the H50 today, set everything up and to no surprise my max core temps are much lower.

Max temp under load using IBT (stress level: maximum. times to run: 20) was 78C.

I have two Antec 120mm fans installed a intakes and the same fan pulling hot air through the radiator and out of the case.
All three fans spin at 2000rpm.

Everything is working marvelously.




[tapatalk on android]
Edited by kidaquarius - 12/20/10 at 2:48pm
Black Box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 950 4.07GHz @1.32v ASUS Sabertooth x58 EVGA GTX570 850/1700/2100 @1.063v 6GB Corsair Dominator 8-8-8-24 1754MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
120GB OCZ Agility2 & WD 640GB Caviar Black Sony DVD-RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 23" Samsung xl2370 LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Slimline Kensington Corsair HX650W Cooler Master Elite 335 w/ custom window Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
NOVA Gaming Winner 3 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 950 4.07GHz @1.32v ASUS Sabertooth x58 EVGA GTX570 850/1700/2100 @1.063v 6GB Corsair Dominator 8-8-8-24 1754MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
120GB OCZ Agility2 & WD 640GB Caviar Black Sony DVD-RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 23" Samsung xl2370 LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Slimline Kensington Corsair HX650W Cooler Master Elite 335 w/ custom window Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
NOVA Gaming Winner 3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15494 of 28303
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidaquarius View Post
Bought the H50 today, set everything up and to no surprise my max core temps are much lower.

Max temp under load using IBT (stress level: maximum. times to run: 20) was 78C.

I have two Antec 120mm fans installed a intakes and the same fan pulling hot air through the radiator and out of the case.
All three fans spin at 2000rpm.

Everything is working marvelously.




[tapatalk on android]
Niceeeee it looks neat dude so now you got your hands on a h50 , whats your opinion of it over your old v8 .

U need another fan so you can push / pull , go intake and let the warm air enter the case and get exhausted out if possible u will see good results and if u have a good exhaust fan ur case will remain cool .. But since ur psu is right ontop of the rad it might get a little warm exhausting the air from the h50 .. You could try both methods , intake or exhaust find which one works better for you =D u defintaly need another fan on it .

edit: i didnt read u had 2 antec fans on their already =) nice , antec fans do well on the rad they spin nice n fast i just dont like the noise they make when they are sandwiched between the rad and the backwall of the case , when its intaking through the little holes on the back it makes an annoying whine noise so i suggest making up some shrouds from spare 120mm fans to reduce the noise . If they get too loud , there are plenty of fans on the market that are practically silent and move just as good air .

But anyway nice to see u got the h50 , once u start playing around with it and feel comfortable modding ur temps will just keep on dropping with small improvments u make like changing the thermal paste , getting higher rpm fans etc etc .
Edited by Xristo - 12/20/10 at 4:09pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 7600k @ 5Ghz, 1.312v Asus Prime Z270-AR msi GTX 1080 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3Ghz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Transcend SSD220S 120GB  Corsair H80i V2 Windows 10 Pro 64bit AOC AG322FCX 32" Curved LED 144hz 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Antec Quattro 1000w Thermaltake Versa N27 msi Gaming series 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Steelseries Siberia V2  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 7600k @ 5Ghz, 1.312v Asus Prime Z270-AR msi GTX 1080 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3Ghz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Transcend SSD220S 120GB  Corsair H80i V2 Windows 10 Pro 64bit AOC AG322FCX 32" Curved LED 144hz 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Antec Quattro 1000w Thermaltake Versa N27 msi Gaming series 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Steelseries Siberia V2  
  hide details  
Reply
post #15495 of 28303
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidaquarius View Post
Bought the H50 today, set everything up and to no surprise my max core temps are much lower.

Max temp under load using IBT (stress level: maximum. times to run: 20) was 78C.

I have two Antec 120mm fans installed a intakes and the same fan pulling hot air through the radiator and out of the case.
All three fans spin at 2000rpm.

Everything is working marvelously.




[tapatalk on android]

Awesome!! I'm sure with another fan pushing you might be able to drop a few more degrees. It seems like your case is a little limited when it comes to fans/airflow so running the H50 as an intake may drive up the temps inside your case a good bit.
Turbo Toilet
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @4.5Ghz ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 Sapphire HD7950 Boost @ 1125/1400 G.Skill Ripjaws X (8gb x 2) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 240GB SSD Hyper 212 Evo Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung S24C650 1920x1200 
Case
Antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply
Turbo Toilet
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @4.5Ghz ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 Sapphire HD7950 Boost @ 1125/1400 G.Skill Ripjaws X (8gb x 2) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 240GB SSD Hyper 212 Evo Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung S24C650 1920x1200 
Case
Antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15496 of 28303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xristo View Post
Niceeeee it looks neat dude so now you got your hands on a h50 , whats your opinion of it over your old v8 .

U need another fan so you can push / pull , go intake and let the warm air enter the case and get exhausted out if possible u will see good results and if u have a good exhaust fan ur case will remain cool .. But since ur psu is right ontop of the rad it might get a little warm exhausting the air from the h50 .. You could try both methods , intake or exhaust find which one works better for you =D u defintaly need another fan on it .

edit: i didnt read u had 2 antec fans on their already =) nice , antec fans do well on the rad they spin nice n fast i just dont like the noise they make when they are sandwiched between the rad and the backwall of the case , when its intaking through the little holes on the back it makes an annoying whine noise so i suggest making up some shrouds from spare 120mm fans to reduce the noise . If they get too loud , there are plenty of fans on the market that are practically silent and move just as good air .

But anyway nice to see u got the h50 , once u start playing around with it and feel comfortable modding ur temps will just keep on dropping with small improvments u make like changing the thermal paste , getting higher rpm fans etc etc .
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ4g63t View Post
Awesome!! I'm sure with another fan pushing you might be able to drop a few more degrees. It seems like your case is a little limited when it comes to fans/airflow so running the H50 as an intake may drive up the temps inside your case a good bit.
I would not suggest intake with a Nvidia 570 exhausting hot air right below the H50 that would defeat the whole purpose of intake to get cooler air not to mention it would mess up the whole setup of the case intake in the front/side and exhaust out the top/back. If he is going to add another fan he should stick with exhausting out the back
Main
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition MSI NF750-G55 AM3 NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI EVGA 01G-P3-1158-TR GeForce GTS 250 1GB x 2 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB-1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital VelociRaptor WD6000HLHX 600GB Lite-On IHAS524 A Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung 46" 1080p 240Hz LED-LCD HDTV UN46C7000 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Thermaltake W0319RU 850W Modular IN-WIN FANQUA Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
Main
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition MSI NF750-G55 AM3 NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI EVGA 01G-P3-1158-TR GeForce GTS 250 1GB x 2 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB-1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital VelociRaptor WD6000HLHX 600GB Lite-On IHAS524 A Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung 46" 1080p 240Hz LED-LCD HDTV UN46C7000 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Thermaltake W0319RU 850W Modular IN-WIN FANQUA Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15497 of 28303
Here's a simple, yet effective, diagram of the airflow inside my case.
Two Antec fans on the front pulling air inside of the case.
One Antec fan pulling air out of the case through the radiator.
I'm going to run it like this for a little while and if need be, put a push fan on the radiator inside of the case.



These are the Antec fans I'm using: Link to Newegg

2000 RPM
79 CFM
29.8 dBA

These fans, in my Elite 335 anyway, produce more of a low, humming sound.
The "noise" is completely tolerable.
My only complaint with the setup is my wife is sometimes difficult to hear when trying to talk to me from another room.

The exhaust fan on the backside of the radiator is definitely doing work.
When you put your hand on the back of my case when under full load, you feel plenty of hot air coming out of the case.
Edited by kidaquarius - 12/20/10 at 4:52pm
Black Box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 950 4.07GHz @1.32v ASUS Sabertooth x58 EVGA GTX570 850/1700/2100 @1.063v 6GB Corsair Dominator 8-8-8-24 1754MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
120GB OCZ Agility2 & WD 640GB Caviar Black Sony DVD-RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 23" Samsung xl2370 LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Slimline Kensington Corsair HX650W Cooler Master Elite 335 w/ custom window Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
NOVA Gaming Winner 3 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 950 4.07GHz @1.32v ASUS Sabertooth x58 EVGA GTX570 850/1700/2100 @1.063v 6GB Corsair Dominator 8-8-8-24 1754MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
120GB OCZ Agility2 & WD 640GB Caviar Black Sony DVD-RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 23" Samsung xl2370 LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Slimline Kensington Corsair HX650W Cooler Master Elite 335 w/ custom window Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
NOVA Gaming Winner 3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15498 of 28303
Hmmm you defintaly need a push fan , you wont see as good results using warm air from inside the case to cool down your rad especially with no push fan . you need cool crisp air from the outside .

Imo..
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 7600k @ 5Ghz, 1.312v Asus Prime Z270-AR msi GTX 1080 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3Ghz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Transcend SSD220S 120GB  Corsair H80i V2 Windows 10 Pro 64bit AOC AG322FCX 32" Curved LED 144hz 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Antec Quattro 1000w Thermaltake Versa N27 msi Gaming series 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Steelseries Siberia V2  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 7600k @ 5Ghz, 1.312v Asus Prime Z270-AR msi GTX 1080 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3Ghz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Transcend SSD220S 120GB  Corsair H80i V2 Windows 10 Pro 64bit AOC AG322FCX 32" Curved LED 144hz 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Antec Quattro 1000w Thermaltake Versa N27 msi Gaming series 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Steelseries Siberia V2  
  hide details  
Reply
post #15499 of 28303
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidaquarius View Post
Here's a simple, yet effective, diagram of the airflow inside my case.
Two Antec fans on the front pulling air inside of the case.
One Antec fan pulling air out of the case through the radiator.
I'm going to run it like this for a little while and if need be, put a push fan on the radiator inside of the case.



These are the Antec fans I'm using: Link to Newegg

2000 RPM
79 CFM
29.8 dBA

These fans, in my Elite 335 anyway, produce more of a low, humming sound.
The "noise" is completely tolerable.
My only complaint with the setup is my wife is sometimes difficult to hear when trying to talk to me from another room.
Yeah maybe I was a bit unclear in my previous post but I wasn't recommending running the H50 as an intake. Those antec fans have good air flow but from the little I can find on static pressure they seem to be on the low side. Static pressure is more important when it comes to a rad. Even still adding another one to push should still help with temps

As for the wife being difficult to hear I don't see that being a problem


Quote:
Originally Posted by Xristo View Post
Hmmm you defintaly need a push fan , you wont see as good results using warm air from inside the case to cool down your rad especially with no push fan . you need cool crisp air from the outside .

Imo..

You really can't count on a PSU to exhaust that much air and with your diagram above airflow wouldn't be very fluid and just get disrupted which isn't good for temps. Airflow inside the case needs to be fluid either from front to back or from bottom to top once you start circulating air in all different directions it get disrupted pretty easily.
Edited by DJ4g63t - 12/20/10 at 5:03pm
Turbo Toilet
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @4.5Ghz ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 Sapphire HD7950 Boost @ 1125/1400 G.Skill Ripjaws X (8gb x 2) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 240GB SSD Hyper 212 Evo Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung S24C650 1920x1200 
Case
Antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply
Turbo Toilet
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @4.5Ghz ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 Sapphire HD7950 Boost @ 1125/1400 G.Skill Ripjaws X (8gb x 2) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 240GB SSD Hyper 212 Evo Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung S24C650 1920x1200 
Case
Antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15500 of 28303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xristo View Post
Hmmm you defintaly need a push fan , you wont see as good results using warm air from inside the case to cool down your rad especially with no push fan . you need cool crisp air from the outside .
That's the thing.
Internal cases temperatures, even at full load, are remarkably cool.
The two intake fans create positive pressure inside of the case (hopefully I have that terminology correct), allowing the exhaust fan to pull that cool air through the radiator.
Would a push fan on the radiator improve the temperatures even more?
Yeah, I'm sure it would.
For now, however, I'm going to stick with this setup and watch the temps.
Then, I'll put another fan on and see how things shake up.

I appreciate everyone's input and my no means do I think I have the perfect setup.
Over the next week or so, I'm sure I will try different push/pull combinations to find the best method of cooling things down.


Edited by kidaquarius - 12/20/10 at 5:04pm
Black Box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 950 4.07GHz @1.32v ASUS Sabertooth x58 EVGA GTX570 850/1700/2100 @1.063v 6GB Corsair Dominator 8-8-8-24 1754MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
120GB OCZ Agility2 & WD 640GB Caviar Black Sony DVD-RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 23" Samsung xl2370 LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Slimline Kensington Corsair HX650W Cooler Master Elite 335 w/ custom window Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
NOVA Gaming Winner 3 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 950 4.07GHz @1.32v ASUS Sabertooth x58 EVGA GTX570 850/1700/2100 @1.063v 6GB Corsair Dominator 8-8-8-24 1754MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
120GB OCZ Agility2 & WD 640GB Caviar Black Sony DVD-RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 23" Samsung xl2370 LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Slimline Kensington Corsair HX650W Cooler Master Elite 335 w/ custom window Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
NOVA Gaming Winner 3 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club