Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club - Page 164

post #1631 of 28467
OK just trying to help. But, clearly you don't get the concept at all. You have the H50 setup now like (Push⇉Rad⇉Shroud⇉Pull). Like that there is no shroud no matter how you look at it. You just made a duct for hot air, that's it. For one shroud in a intake setup, it should be (Shroud⇉Push⇉Rad⇉Pull). Lets work on getting and understanding the a single shroud before moving on to a dual shroud. Can someone else try to explain the shroud to him. I don't think I'm reaching him or is he getting it.
post #1632 of 28467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pings View Post
OK just trying to help. But, clearly you don't get the concept at all. You have the H50 setup now like (Push⇉Rad⇉Shroud⇉Pull). Like that there is no shroud no matter how you look at it. You just made a duct for hot air, that's it. For one shroud in a intake setup, it should be (Shroud⇉Push⇉Rad⇉Pull). Lets work on getting and understanding the a single shroud before moving on to a dual shroud. Can someone else try to explain the shroud to him. I don't think I'm reaching him or is he getting it.
Oh I understand. I told you earlier that I am doing the Fan-Shroud-Rad-Shroud-Fan after my bolts come in...

I have tried all configs, and so I have the setup I have now because it works, and is cooler with my config, irregardless of my shroud/duct or whatever you want to call it.

I said I want to do the double-shroud/duct (?) because it may make it quieter, and it might look cool. No other reason.



^^ Where my logic began regarding shroud/duct.
Edited by arbalest - 1/10/10 at 11:32pm
800:D
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 950 @ 4GHz Gigabyte X58-USB3 2x GTX480 8GB A-DATA DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB SSD + 2x 1TB WD Blacks Snow Leopard / Win7 / XP 24" Viewsonic LCD Mushkin 650 
Case
Corsair 800D 
  hide details  
Reply
800:D
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 950 @ 4GHz Gigabyte X58-USB3 2x GTX480 8GB A-DATA DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB SSD + 2x 1TB WD Blacks Snow Leopard / Win7 / XP 24" Viewsonic LCD Mushkin 650 
Case
Corsair 800D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1633 of 28467
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbalest View Post
because it may make it quieter, and it might look cool. No other reason.
Sorry to burst you bubble, but adding a 2nd shroud will do noting for your sound level. If you want lower sound try getting better fans with a controller. Actually the sound level went up and down when I added a second shroud. I just gave the double shroud a go. My temps went up more than a few °C's. The rear fan would speed all the way and then slow down, over and over. I think adding a second shroud gave it some air flow problems. My idle temps gained a hole 10 few °C's. I did think it did look cool though. But, I'm after lower noise levels, and cooler temperatures. The dual shroud was a complete fail. Now I'm back to my sub 20°C temperatures.



post #1634 of 28467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pings View Post
Sorry to burst you bubble, but adding a 2nd shroud will do noting for your sound level. If you want lower sound try getting better fans with a controller. Actually the sound level went up and down when I added a second shroud. I just gave the double shroud a go. My temps went up more than a few °C's. The rear fan would speed all the way and then slow down, over and over. I think adding a second shroud gave it some air flow problems. My idle temps gained a hole 10 few °C's. I did think it did look cool though. But, I'm after lower noise levels, and cooler temperatures. The dual shroud was a complete fail. Now I'm back to my sub 20°C temperatures.




I remember when you recommended me that case, and it's really amazing!

If my scout wasn't $45 after all tax/shipping.. I would've got it.



With my Push/Pull set up.. How is it suppose to be? Are all my fan/shroud/rad in the case?

Or outside?

Let me know the order you think is best.



I have decided to purchase 2x UK 3000s
I will use my stock top 140mm exhaust, and place it in the front as an intake I just want my airflow to be on point, and flowing in the right direction.


BTW champ, if you painted that fan grill red.. it would really set off your case That and red sleeving!
King state
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-5820k MSI X99A Raider EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW Patriot Viper DDR4 3000MHz (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 500GB Corsair H110i GT Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Asus VG248QE24" 144Hz TN 3D  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2715H 27" 1440P IPS KBC Pok3r III ~CherryMX Red SeaSonic x-750 NZXT S340 ~White 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech MX5818 SteelSeries Q+ FocusRite Scarlett 2i2 
  hide details  
Reply
King state
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-5820k MSI X99A Raider EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW Patriot Viper DDR4 3000MHz (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 500GB Corsair H110i GT Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Asus VG248QE24" 144Hz TN 3D  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2715H 27" 1440P IPS KBC Pok3r III ~CherryMX Red SeaSonic x-750 NZXT S340 ~White 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech MX5818 SteelSeries Q+ FocusRite Scarlett 2i2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1635 of 28467
Yea thanks man. As for the fan inside or outside it really doesn't matter. The the double shroud is no longer in effect. That was a major fail. I removed the grills to just do that. I'll be painting them red and a few other things.
post #1636 of 28467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pings View Post
Yea thanks man. As for the fan inside or outside it really doesn't matter. The the double shroud is no longer in effect. That was a major fail. I removed the grills to just do that. I'll be painting them red and a few other things.
I just added that shroud Pings - 2c drop! yeah
post #1637 of 28467
After reseating my block; I idle at 22C with 25C ambient @ stock speeds.

However @ load; it jumps up to 40C. Is that typical results?
post #1638 of 28467
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
After reseating my block; I idle at 22C with 25C ambient @ stock speeds.

However @ load; it jumps up to 40C. Is that typical results?
Even at stock, that would be a good temp. My 860 does load @ around 55 deg at stock.
SIXFOUR
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3770K (4500 @ 1.250v) ASRock Z77 OC Formula EVGA GTX460 SOC G-Skill F3-10666CL9-4GBXL 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2 x Crucial M4 128GB + 4 others none Apogee XT, MCR220, MCP655B, EK full-cover GPU b... Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2713HM Dell 2407WFP 9 year old el cheapo Seasonic X Series 750W PSU 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair Carbide 540 7 year old el cheapo piece of wetsuit 
  hide details  
Reply
SIXFOUR
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3770K (4500 @ 1.250v) ASRock Z77 OC Formula EVGA GTX460 SOC G-Skill F3-10666CL9-4GBXL 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2 x Crucial M4 128GB + 4 others none Apogee XT, MCR220, MCP655B, EK full-cover GPU b... Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2713HM Dell 2407WFP 9 year old el cheapo Seasonic X Series 750W PSU 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair Carbide 540 7 year old el cheapo piece of wetsuit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1639 of 28467
Can anyone tell me how well the Corsair fan does that was included with the unit?

Right now I'm using a push/pull exaust config as such:
Corsair fan pushing -> Rad -> Scythe Ultra Kaze 1k rpm pulling

I want to move as much air as possible, but not make the thing too loud.

Looks like my on board motherboard CPU temp reader puts me at 31C idle (haven't tried load, and this is not OC'd yet).

Suggestions? I sacrificed a Lian Li case fan in the setup... wonder if that would move more air than the corsair fan, or if I should just get 2 Ultra Kaze's and upgrade to the 2k rpm ones.
Edited by Cavi - 1/11/10 at 6:22am
Cavi's Cube
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6600K Gigabyte GA-Z170MX Gaming 5 PowerColor R9 390 G.Skill Ripjaws V  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M500 480GB Samsung SpinPoint 1TB Silverstone TD02-E Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCase
Dell U2412M EVGA Supernova P2 650W Fractal Design Node 804 
  hide details  
Reply
Cavi's Cube
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6600K Gigabyte GA-Z170MX Gaming 5 PowerColor R9 390 G.Skill Ripjaws V  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M500 480GB Samsung SpinPoint 1TB Silverstone TD02-E Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCase
Dell U2412M EVGA Supernova P2 650W Fractal Design Node 804 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1640 of 28467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavi View Post
I should just get 3 Ultra Kaze's and upgrade to the 2k rpm ones.
Or just one of these http://img.ebmpapst.com/products/dat...112NHH-ENG.pdf



Edit: Actually I meant this one http://img.ebmpapst.com/products/dat...112NH4-ENG.pdf
Edited by leppie - 1/11/10 at 6:21am
SIXFOUR
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3770K (4500 @ 1.250v) ASRock Z77 OC Formula EVGA GTX460 SOC G-Skill F3-10666CL9-4GBXL 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2 x Crucial M4 128GB + 4 others none Apogee XT, MCR220, MCP655B, EK full-cover GPU b... Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2713HM Dell 2407WFP 9 year old el cheapo Seasonic X Series 750W PSU 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair Carbide 540 7 year old el cheapo piece of wetsuit 
  hide details  
Reply
SIXFOUR
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3770K (4500 @ 1.250v) ASRock Z77 OC Formula EVGA GTX460 SOC G-Skill F3-10666CL9-4GBXL 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2 x Crucial M4 128GB + 4 others none Apogee XT, MCR220, MCP655B, EK full-cover GPU b... Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2713HM Dell 2407WFP 9 year old el cheapo Seasonic X Series 750W PSU 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair Carbide 540 7 year old el cheapo piece of wetsuit 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club