Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club - Page 1777

post #17761 of 28253
so, I bought myself two typhoon 5400RPM fans for my H50. How loud do you guys think this would be? I really don't mind noise since my Apevia PSU is always on max. Should I get a fan controller down the road. If I make a shroud out of an old 120mm fan, will that help my temps? I'm thinking: Outside <--Fan <--Rad <-- Shroud <-- Fan <-- Inside. Now I'm also re-seating my H50 block, should I do the small X pattern on the CPU with the nano diamond, or just a small amount in the middle? I'm not planning to lap anything.
post #17762 of 28253
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasl46;13440597 
so, I bought myself two typhoon 5400RPM fans for my H50. How loud do you guys think this would be? I really don't mind noise since my Apevia PSU is always on max. Should I get a fan controller down the road. If I make a shroud out of an old 120mm fan, will that help my temps? I'm thinking: Outside <--Fan <--Rad <-- Shroud <-- Fan <-- Inside. Now I'm also re-seating my H50 block, should I do the small X pattern on the CPU with the nano diamond, or just a small amount in the middle? I'm not planning to lap anything.

Where in your case is the rad? I've got 2 3k ultra kaze's and they're pretty loud cranked all the way up but I've got them both connected to the motherboard and use AI Suite to control the fans based on the cpu temp.
Sulaco
(14 items)
 
 
MacBook Pro
(4 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T Asus Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire 7950 3GB 2x2GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline  
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x150GB Velociraptor RAID 0 | 2x1TB Hitachi Windows 8 Asus VH242H OCZ ModXStream 700W 
Case
Cooler Master HAF 932 
CPUGraphicsOSMonitor
Core 2 Duo P8400 GeForce 9400M OSX Yosemite 13.3" LED-backlit 
  hide details  
Reply
Sulaco
(14 items)
 
 
MacBook Pro
(4 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T Asus Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire 7950 3GB 2x2GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline  
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x150GB Velociraptor RAID 0 | 2x1TB Hitachi Windows 8 Asus VH242H OCZ ModXStream 700W 
Case
Cooler Master HAF 932 
CPUGraphicsOSMonitor
Core 2 Duo P8400 GeForce 9400M OSX Yosemite 13.3" LED-backlit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17763 of 28253
54000rpm!!!

my 3k kaze ultras are barely tolerable at full speed.
XEON POWER
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E3-1280 V2 Asus p8h77-i EVGA GTX 570  Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 cl9 16gb 2x8gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Spinpoint F3 Samsung 830 Crucial C300 Samsung USB Blu-Ray 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8 Dell U2711 HP 2709m Razer Blackwidow 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Silverstone Strider Essentials ST60ES-F Bitfenix Prodigy Razer Naga Molten razer sphex 
Audio
onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
XEON POWER
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E3-1280 V2 Asus p8h77-i EVGA GTX 570  Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 cl9 16gb 2x8gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Spinpoint F3 Samsung 830 Crucial C300 Samsung USB Blu-Ray 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8 Dell U2711 HP 2709m Razer Blackwidow 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Silverstone Strider Essentials ST60ES-F Bitfenix Prodigy Razer Naga Molten razer sphex 
Audio
onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17764 of 28253
eek.gif
My gaming desk
(14 items)
 
Miner
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Sapphire 290x Patriot Viper Extreme Division 4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 460 WD 1TB Blue Koolance 380A EK-FC R9-290X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64-bit Monoprice 27" IPS-Glass Pro Panel DUCKY! Antec HCP 850W 
CaseMouse
Hand built wooden desk Logitech G700S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD A10 7850K ASUS A88X-Pro Sapphire 280x Sapphire 280x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Patriot Viper Xtreme Div4 1866mhz 60GB Vertex2 WD Caviar 500AAKS XSPC Rasa 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 64 bit EVGA 1000W G2 Thermaltake Level 10 GTS 
  hide details  
Reply
My gaming desk
(14 items)
 
Miner
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Sapphire 290x Patriot Viper Extreme Division 4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 460 WD 1TB Blue Koolance 380A EK-FC R9-290X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64-bit Monoprice 27" IPS-Glass Pro Panel DUCKY! Antec HCP 850W 
CaseMouse
Hand built wooden desk Logitech G700S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD A10 7850K ASUS A88X-Pro Sapphire 280x Sapphire 280x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Patriot Viper Xtreme Div4 1866mhz 60GB Vertex2 WD Caviar 500AAKS XSPC Rasa 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 64 bit EVGA 1000W G2 Thermaltake Level 10 GTS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17765 of 28253
So I guess everyone is trying to tell me that I went a little too far with 5400RPMs LOL, I thought so too, but I had cheap 120mm Ultra fans running at 2k, and a 80mm that I bought like 5-6 years ago, running at 2600 and it didn't bother me at all. I don't want my PC to be whisper quiet, I can take a little noise. Worse come to worse, I'll buy some of those connectors to bring down the speed, or get a fan control. But thanks for the opinions
post #17766 of 28253
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhead91;13440804 
Where in your case is the rad? I've got 2 3k ultra kaze's and they're pretty loud cranked all the way up but I've got them both connected to the motherboard and use AI Suite to control the fans based on the cpu temp.

Is located at the back of the case on my Storm Scout
post #17767 of 28253
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasl46;13443412 
Is located at the back of the case on my Storm Scout

If it's in the back then yeah it seems like your setup is the best way to do it. Don't wanna be pulling in that hot GPU exhaust.
Sulaco
(14 items)
 
 
MacBook Pro
(4 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T Asus Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire 7950 3GB 2x2GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline  
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x150GB Velociraptor RAID 0 | 2x1TB Hitachi Windows 8 Asus VH242H OCZ ModXStream 700W 
Case
Cooler Master HAF 932 
CPUGraphicsOSMonitor
Core 2 Duo P8400 GeForce 9400M OSX Yosemite 13.3" LED-backlit 
  hide details  
Reply
Sulaco
(14 items)
 
 
MacBook Pro
(4 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T Asus Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire 7950 3GB 2x2GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline  
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x150GB Velociraptor RAID 0 | 2x1TB Hitachi Windows 8 Asus VH242H OCZ ModXStream 700W 
Case
Cooler Master HAF 932 
CPUGraphicsOSMonitor
Core 2 Duo P8400 GeForce 9400M OSX Yosemite 13.3" LED-backlit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17768 of 28253
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhead91;13443572 
If it's in the back then yeah it seems like your setup is the best way to do it. Don't wanna be pulling in that hot GPU exhaust.

meaning I should do my set-up as intake instead of as an exhaust so I won't suck the hot air from my GPU?
post #17769 of 28253
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasl46;13444706 
meaning I should do my set-up as intake instead of as an exhaust so I won't suck the hot air from my GPU?

No. Your GPU exhausts hot air out of the back of the case, which then rises. If your rad is in the back above the GPU and it's intaking, it's going to be intaking the hot air the GPU is exhausting. Therefore, if your rad is in the back of your case it's better to run it as exhaust rather than intake. Like I said, the setup you posted earlier should be correct.
Sulaco
(14 items)
 
 
MacBook Pro
(4 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T Asus Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire 7950 3GB 2x2GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline  
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x150GB Velociraptor RAID 0 | 2x1TB Hitachi Windows 8 Asus VH242H OCZ ModXStream 700W 
Case
Cooler Master HAF 932 
CPUGraphicsOSMonitor
Core 2 Duo P8400 GeForce 9400M OSX Yosemite 13.3" LED-backlit 
  hide details  
Reply
Sulaco
(14 items)
 
 
MacBook Pro
(4 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T Asus Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire 7950 3GB 2x2GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline  
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x150GB Velociraptor RAID 0 | 2x1TB Hitachi Windows 8 Asus VH242H OCZ ModXStream 700W 
Case
Cooler Master HAF 932 
CPUGraphicsOSMonitor
Core 2 Duo P8400 GeForce 9400M OSX Yosemite 13.3" LED-backlit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17770 of 28253
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhead91;13444749 
No. Your GPU exhausts hot air out of the back of the case, which then rises. If your rad is in the back above the GPU and it's intaking, it's going to be intaking the hot air the GPU is exhausting. Therefore, if your rad is in the back of your case it's better to run it as exhaust rather than intake. Like I said, the setup you posted earlier should be correct.

Yeah, like that it makes a lot of sense. The thing was that i didnt try the gpu, because the day i received it i had to rma my mobo, so now my pc is in pieces on my desk, so im putting everything toghether once i get my mobo back smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club