Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club - Page 2655

post #26541 of 28365
I've been curious for a while since I've had my h80i. I'm using the AM3+ bracket just a FYI. Anyways, the cable to the pump, it is a super tight fit and is bent atm so I can power the pump. Issues is where you can see is the securing screw is in the way with this bracket. Is there a fix for this or am I the only one who did this wrong? I was just gonna splice my own cable so I don't keep the USB end bent and hopefully don't damage the pump later down the road.


Bigger photo if needed: http://i.imgur.com/YkaEM6N.jpg

EDIT: Checked some forums and read deeper, I guess this is a common issue.
Edited by savagebunny - 5/20/15 at 9:42pm
post #26542 of 28365
Quote:
Originally Posted by savagebunny View Post

I've been curious for a while since I've had my h80i. I'm using the AM3+ bracket just a FYI. Anyways, the cable to the pump, it is a super tight fit and is bent atm so I can power the pump. Issues is where you can see is the securing screw is in the way with this bracket. Is there a fix for this or am I the only one who did this wrong? I was just gonna splice my own cable so I don't keep the USB end bent and hopefully don't damage the pump later down the road.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Bigger photo if needed: http://i.imgur.com/YkaEM6N.jpg

EDIT: Checked some forums and read deeper, I guess this is a common issue.

Any way you might be able to rotate the pump? Does the AMD bracket only go on the pump a single way?
post #26543 of 28365
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze2210 View Post

Any way you might be able to rotate the pump? Does the AMD bracket only go on the pump a single way?

If I remember correctly, it only fit correctly this way. Also, how the hoses are oriented and my case, I can't put it any other way without stressing the hoses and causing any issues. I think I should contact Corsair or one of the reps here and see if I can get a straight cable.
Edited by savagebunny - 5/21/15 at 12:05am
post #26544 of 28365
Quote:
Originally Posted by savagebunny View Post

If I remember correctly, it only fit correctly this way. Also, how the hoses are oriented and my case, I can't put it any other way without stressing the hoses and causing any issues. I think I should contact Corsair or one of the reps here and see if I can get a straight cable.

Something like this should work - an extension. Pretty cheap too. thumb.gif

http://www.amazon.com/YCS-Basics-Black-Female-Cable/dp/B00B5HSA3Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1432198500&sr=8-2&keywords=usb+mini+b+extension
post #26545 of 28365
Quote:
Originally Posted by savagebunny View Post

I've been curious for a while since I've had my h80i. I'm using the AM3+ bracket just a FYI. Anyways, the cable to the pump, it is a super tight fit and is bent atm so I can power the pump. Issues is where you can see is the securing screw is in the way with this bracket. Is there a fix for this or am I the only one who did this wrong? I was just gonna splice my own cable so I don't keep the USB end bent and hopefully don't damage the pump later down the road.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Bigger photo if needed: http://i.imgur.com/YkaEM6N.jpg

EDIT: Checked some forums and read deeper, I guess this is a common issue.

Yes, that's on us but it shouldn't be a problem, we'll get that sorted out for you.. It's just a slight oversight that we can easily fix. Create a ticket describing the issue and request for this part, CW-8960009. That should take care of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze2210 View Post

Something like this should work - an extension. Pretty cheap too. thumb.gif

http://www.amazon.com/YCS-Basics-Black-Female-Cable/dp/B00B5HSA3Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1432198500&sr=8-2&keywords=usb+mini+b+extension

This is also a good alternative, I am actually using that cable in my system thumb.gif
post #26546 of 28365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Joseph View Post

Yes, that's on us but it shouldn't be a problem, we'll get that sorted out for you.. It's just a slight oversight that we can easily fix. Create a ticket describing the issue and request for this part, CW-8960009. That should take care of it.
This is also a good alternative, I am actually using that cable in my system thumb.gif

Good deal, appreciate it. Just opened up a ticket and go from there. Next step is attaching a 120x38 Delta fan. Will post results once I get new fasteners
post #26547 of 28365
I have a Fractal R4. Just swapped my Sandy Bridge for an Asus X99-A, i7-5820k and 16GB of Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4. I'd like to front mount the radiator. I know it can be done and a 240 will fit the front fan bracket. I am tired of huge air coolers. Had an HR-02 Macho and decided to just do a CLC instead.

I have also seen other videos that really needs the radiator above the block. The Nepton 240M doesn't care according to Linus' review. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65-aR4o8iT4 3:20.

This is what I would like to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwgVA6_xIis Please go to the 3:00 mark and 15:00 I have both drive cages removed and have a cluster of SSD drives on the floor.

So I need to know if the Corsir H100i GTX is fussy about the vertical rad placement and if it's the best solution for a decent, but not crazy OC. I have a very cheap air cooler on it now as I knew I would replace it and wanted to make sure everything worked, as the new CPU no longer have the Intel heat-sink and fan. So at this point I don't even know how good or bad of a chip I have. I don't want to even try and mount it on the top as I prefer to keep it quiet by having the vents blocked.

Last but not least, does anyone know if the Link software is compatible with an X99. OS is Windows 7 Pro x64.

Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions!
Edited by MoInSTL - 5/21/15 at 1:06pm
Ripley
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K Asus X99-A MSI GTX 960 Gaming 4G Corsair 16GB 4 x 4GB DDR4-2666 (PC4-21300) C15 ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO Samsung 840 EVO 2 WD Red 3TB NAS Hard Drives Western Digital My Book 3TB External 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Super Writemaster NZXT Kraken X61 280mm 4 Noctua SSO Bearing Fans Retail Cooling NF-P14... Windows10 Professional x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC 27" Q2770PQU Logitech K800 EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2 80PLUS Gold Certified ATX1... Fractal Design R5 (No Window) 
MouseOther
Logitech M705 Synology DS214 NAS 
  hide details  
Reply
Ripley
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K Asus X99-A MSI GTX 960 Gaming 4G Corsair 16GB 4 x 4GB DDR4-2666 (PC4-21300) C15 ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO Samsung 840 EVO 2 WD Red 3TB NAS Hard Drives Western Digital My Book 3TB External 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Super Writemaster NZXT Kraken X61 280mm 4 Noctua SSO Bearing Fans Retail Cooling NF-P14... Windows10 Professional x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC 27" Q2770PQU Logitech K800 EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2 80PLUS Gold Certified ATX1... Fractal Design R5 (No Window) 
MouseOther
Logitech M705 Synology DS214 NAS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26548 of 28365
Lowering the pump from performance to quite still makes the same audible ticking sound, have changed to a Noctua nh-12s so I dont have this issue anymore.
post #26549 of 28365
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoInSTL View Post

So I need to know if the Corsir H100i GTX is fussy about the vertical rad placement and if it's the best solution for a decent, but not crazy OC.

Last but not least, does anyone know if the Link software is compatible with an X99. OS is Windows 7 Pro x64.

Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions!

How you mount the H100i GTX radiator will not affect the cooler's performance. Having it vertical or horizontal orientation doesn't matter because it's a close loop system.

Yes, Corsair Link is compatible with X99 platform and Windows 7 thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkelixa View Post

Lowering the pump from performance to quite still makes the same audible ticking sound, have changed to a Noctua nh-12s so I dont have this issue anymore.

Was the clicking sound coming from the pump or the fan?
post #26550 of 28365
Just quick update regarding my cable issue, I put that ticket in, got a response, approval within 2 hrs, and shipping email 30 minutes ago.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club