Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club - Page 2709

post #27081 of 28467




Ok, here are the photos. Again, an h100i GTX in an Antec P280 mounted internally at the front. The front is basically open air and well ventilated. Idles at 26-28 and never exceeds 60.
post #27082 of 28467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Dark View Post

Hello

Update : just install 2 Noctua fans over the H110I GT rad as pull in the 780T case but the fans make a wind noise I read in other forums about Noctua fans good in Push not pull so switching the fans to push and install the stock fans as pull and my system full silent now even under load! also the temp very very good

Note : the noctua fans connected to board header while the stock fans to Link






The noctua fans RPM around 600 in idle and 1100 under load while the corsair fans 550 idle and 900 under load full silent system biggrin.gif

also the temp drop by 3-5c in Push/Pull



Push/Pull FTW thumbsupsmiley.png

I would recommend you put the noctua fans as pull and remove the corsair fans.
紅魔館
(12 items)
 
秋山 澪
(11 items)
 
For Sale: Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2400 / 1TB 2.5" HDD
$40 (USD) or best offer
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K ASUS X99 Deluxe Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4G DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Black 4TB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Dell CH30N BD-Read Noctua NH-D15 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Noctua NF-A14 PWM x6 Windows 10 Enterprise EVGA 750W G2 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 7700K P870KM1 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOS
Gskill 3000MHz 16GB F4-3000C16D-16GRS  Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 Pro 500GB Windows 10 Enterprise 
MonitorPowerCase
AUO B173QTN01.0 2560x1440p G-sync  Eurocom 780W Clevo P870KM1 
  hide details  
Reply
紅魔館
(12 items)
 
秋山 澪
(11 items)
 
For Sale: Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2400 / 1TB 2.5" HDD
$40 (USD) or best offer
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K ASUS X99 Deluxe Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4G DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Black 4TB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Dell CH30N BD-Read Noctua NH-D15 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Noctua NF-A14 PWM x6 Windows 10 Enterprise EVGA 750W G2 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 7700K P870KM1 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOS
Gskill 3000MHz 16GB F4-3000C16D-16GRS  Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 Pro 500GB Windows 10 Enterprise 
MonitorPowerCase
AUO B173QTN01.0 2560x1440p G-sync  Eurocom 780W Clevo P870KM1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27083 of 28467
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLeviathen View Post

I tried to look it up but i can't find a lot of info on it or don't know what to look for.
I just used the fans from corsair that came with it.
They are set as exhaust. I guess as pull as it pulls air out of the case through the radiator.
Thank you for your info, it does ease my mind.
You're looking for Tjmax, but you may not find it so easily for the 6700K at the moment. However most modern Intel CPUs typically have a Tjmax of 100C. Your temps are fine. You may get cooler temps using the fans as intakes (the air is usually cooler outside the case) but it's probably not going to be a huge difference; and again, your temps look okay so you shouldn't be too worried.

Keep in mind your idle temps really aren't quite as low as you think--you can't get lower than ambient temperature unless you're using some type of refrigeration cooler. So unless it's less than 15C in the room the computer is in, you're not getting "15C" at idle. The explanation can come from a variety of avenues. The most typical one is the innaccuracy of the DTS(es) at low temps. You have to have the understanding that the DTS(es) in the CPU don't measure actual temperature, they measure the difference from Tjmax. The farther away from Tjmax, the less accurate the sensors are. So for example if Tjmax is 100C, then when the sensor is reading [the equivalent of] "70C" it's probably pretty accurate. But down at say 25C actual temperature it's probably not accurate (reading something like 15C, like you're seeing). Intel has explained this many times but it's not immediately obvious due to the way temperature reporting programs/apps/utilities show you the "temperature". The other thing is since DTS don't read temperature (like we think of the temperature on a scale), the program has to interpret the difference from Tjmax into an actual value. That is, the temperature displayed is not measured, it's calculated. If the program doesn't use the right Tjmax for whatever CPU it is, then the resulting temperature displayed will not be accurate either.

Not sure if that makes sense but a simpler way of saying it is that a DTS in a CPU doesn't measure the temperature like a thermometer. Instead it measures the difference from Tjmax and then we can interpret that as a temperature.
post #27084 of 28467
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindowsRevenge View Post

You're looking for Tjmax, but you may not find it so easily for the 6700K at the moment. However most modern Intel CPUs typically have a Tjmax of 100C. Your temps are fine. You may get cooler temps using the fans as intakes (the air is usually cooler outside the case) but it's probably not going to be a huge difference; and again, your temps look okay so you shouldn't be too worried.

Keep in mind your idle temps really aren't quite as low as you think--you can't get lower than ambient temperature unless you're using some type of refrigeration cooler. So unless it's less than 15C in the room the computer is in, you're not getting "15C" at idle. The explanation can come from a variety of avenues. The most typical one is the innaccuracy of the DTS(es) at low temps. You have to have the understanding that the DTS(es) in the CPU don't measure actual temperature, they measure the difference from Tjmax. The farther away from Tjmax, the less accurate the sensors are. So for example if Tjmax is 100C, then when the sensor is reading [the equivalent of] "70C" it's probably pretty accurate. But down at say 25C actual temperature it's probably not accurate (reading something like 15C, like you're seeing). Intel has explained this many times but it's not immediately obvious due to the way temperature reporting programs/apps/utilities show you the "temperature". The other thing is since DTS don't read temperature (like we think of the temperature on a scale), the program has to interpret the difference from Tjmax into an actual value. That is, the temperature displayed is not measured, it's calculated. If the program doesn't use the right Tjmax for whatever CPU it is, then the resulting temperature displayed will not be accurate either.

Not sure if that makes sense but a simpler way of saying it is that a DTS in a CPU doesn't measure the temperature like a thermometer. Instead it measures the difference from Tjmax and then we can interpret that as a temperature.

Most of the second part is like chinese to me but i think i get the point.
I'm glad i don't have to worry about my temps.
I thought that with liqued cooling i was supposed to stay under 40 when under load as that is what a friend said.
He did forget to mention the temps are dif on AMD chips.
59 is normal then i guess haha.
And it's only 18C in my room so i guess the 15-20c is good/accurate ish.

Thank you for the info. Though i'm still not sure about my fans...
The front and side 200mm fans are sucking air into the case and there is a 120mm on the back and the 2 from the radiator pushing air out.
Should i add another 120mm at the bottom pushing air out? Or change the side panel to pushing air out and only keep the front 200mm to pull air in? Or leave as it is lol.
I'm very unsure as you can tell lol.
post #27085 of 28467
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLeviathen View Post

Most of the second part is like chinese to me but i think i get the point. Thank you for the info. Though i'm still not sure about my fans...
The front and side 200mm fans are sucking air into the case and there is a 120mm on the back and the 2 from the radiator pushing air out.
Should i add another 120mm at the bottom pushing air out? Or change the side panel to pushing air out and only keep the front 200mm to pull air in? Or leave as it is lol.
I'm very unsure as you can tell lol.
Well you can try a variety of schemes for fans as long as you have a thought out plan on intake and exhaust (i.e. don't make everything or too many of them intake and not enough exhaust and vice versa). If your PSU's fan faces the inside of the case, you can count it as an exhaust as well; if your case has a separate air circuit for the PSU (if it's fan faces directly into a vent on the case), then ignore it.

Most cases are designed to have a certain airflow direction in mind; you don't have to follow this but it's typically the easiest way to do things and is usually the most effective given the manufacturer has probably tried it in various ways themselves. So you should probably just stick to the airflow directions/recommendations for your case. If there are none, typically you want exhausts out back and/or up top as convection dictates that "heat rises" so it's the natural flow anyway. So the higher and more rear positions are better for exhaust while the lower and more forward positions are better for intake. Typically modern cases have the spots intended for intake fans filtered as well, while the spots intended for exhaust are often unfiltered.

Keep the above points in mind and do some experimentation on your own and you should find a place where you get a good combination going.

BTW: AMD CPUs run hotter and consume more power than Intels, not the other way around. But you have to compare apples to apples. If he's comparing some dual core AMD CPU with your i7, then that's not exactly a proper comparison. Comparing something like a an FX-8xxx to your CPU, on the exact same cooler, your CPU will definitely run cooler.
post #27086 of 28467
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLeviathen View Post

Are they? I was worried they were high...
A friend told me that under load with water cooling it should be around 30-35?
It's the first time i build the pc myself. Normally i Always let the shop do the building.
I just select my parts lol. So i'm scared i put the block on wrong etc...
And my fans are set at the top of the case exhausting... Is that good or should it pull air into the case?
My 4770k overclocked by about 1ghz has a little higher temps using an h100. It must be pretty cold in your room for the idle temps to go so low considering they can't go below ambient.
Nukeyork
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 4770k ASUS Sabertooth Z87 MSI Radeon RX480 Gaming X 8GB MSI Radeon RX480 Gaming X 8GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16G Kingston 1600MHz Corsair Force Series SSD 180GB Crucial MX300 SSD 525GB Western Digital WD10EALS 1TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
ASUS BW-12B1ST Blu-ray RW Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate Windows 10 64 pro LG 34UM65-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Hcman Zhuque Teamwolf Mechanical Corsair AX750 Corsair 760T Steel Series Sensei Wireless Gaming Mouse 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Steel Series 4HD Pro On Board Thermaltake X 5G Superspeed USB 3.0 Hard Drive ... Logitech Driving Force GT Steering Wheel 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X Joystick NZXT Hue LED Controller Razer Orbweaver Chroma RGB Mechanical Gaming Co... Ergotron LX Desk Mount LCD Arm 
  hide details  
Reply
Nukeyork
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 4770k ASUS Sabertooth Z87 MSI Radeon RX480 Gaming X 8GB MSI Radeon RX480 Gaming X 8GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16G Kingston 1600MHz Corsair Force Series SSD 180GB Crucial MX300 SSD 525GB Western Digital WD10EALS 1TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
ASUS BW-12B1ST Blu-ray RW Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate Windows 10 64 pro LG 34UM65-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Hcman Zhuque Teamwolf Mechanical Corsair AX750 Corsair 760T Steel Series Sensei Wireless Gaming Mouse 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Steel Series 4HD Pro On Board Thermaltake X 5G Superspeed USB 3.0 Hard Drive ... Logitech Driving Force GT Steering Wheel 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X Joystick NZXT Hue LED Controller Razer Orbweaver Chroma RGB Mechanical Gaming Co... Ergotron LX Desk Mount LCD Arm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27087 of 28467
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421 View Post

I would recommend you put the noctua fans as pull and remove the corsair fans.

Hello

At the first time I do what you say just the noctua as pull but the result very very noise at anything over 1000rpm ( Wind/whine noise )
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 8700k 6 Core OC 4.7Ghz Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 AORUS Asus GTX 1060 GB Strix Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB 3ghz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Evo 250GB + EK heatsink  Samsung 960 Evo 250GB + EK heatsink  PNY CS480 480GB SSD NZXT Kraken X61 + Corsair HD140 Fan's 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64BIt Asus VG248QE Razer blackwidow chroma  Corsair RM850i 850W 
CaseMouse
phanteks enthoo luxe tempered glass + HD140 Fan... Razer Elite 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 8700k 6 Core OC 4.7Ghz Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 AORUS Asus GTX 1060 GB Strix Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB 3ghz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Evo 250GB + EK heatsink  Samsung 960 Evo 250GB + EK heatsink  PNY CS480 480GB SSD NZXT Kraken X61 + Corsair HD140 Fan's 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64BIt Asus VG248QE Razer blackwidow chroma  Corsair RM850i 850W 
CaseMouse
phanteks enthoo luxe tempered glass + HD140 Fan... Razer Elite 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27088 of 28467
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRen72 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ok, here are the photos. Again, an h100i GTX in an Antec P280 mounted internally at the front. The front is basically open air and well ventilated. Idles at 26-28 and never exceeds 60.

Not bad at all, at least you've managed to mount the cooler without compromising the cooler's performance. A bit worried that the rad wan't getting enough air to cool the coolant since it's not mounted right next to a vent. But with those temps, they sure look working fine to me smile.gif
post #27089 of 28467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Joseph View Post

Not bad at all, at least you've managed to mount the cooler without compromising the cooler's performance. A bit worried that the rad wan't getting enough air to cool the coolant since it's not mounted right next to a vent. But with those temps, they sure look working fine to me smile.gif

I heard you guys are going to revise your rad fans to have square frames?


When is that going to come?
紅魔館
(12 items)
 
秋山 澪
(11 items)
 
For Sale: Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2400 / 1TB 2.5" HDD
$40 (USD) or best offer
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K ASUS X99 Deluxe Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4G DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Black 4TB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Dell CH30N BD-Read Noctua NH-D15 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Noctua NF-A14 PWM x6 Windows 10 Enterprise EVGA 750W G2 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 7700K P870KM1 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOS
Gskill 3000MHz 16GB F4-3000C16D-16GRS  Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 Pro 500GB Windows 10 Enterprise 
MonitorPowerCase
AUO B173QTN01.0 2560x1440p G-sync  Eurocom 780W Clevo P870KM1 
  hide details  
Reply
紅魔館
(12 items)
 
秋山 澪
(11 items)
 
For Sale: Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2400 / 1TB 2.5" HDD
$40 (USD) or best offer
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K ASUS X99 Deluxe Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4G DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Black 4TB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Dell CH30N BD-Read Noctua NH-D15 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Noctua NF-A14 PWM x6 Windows 10 Enterprise EVGA 750W G2 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 7700K P870KM1 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOS
Gskill 3000MHz 16GB F4-3000C16D-16GRS  Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 Pro 500GB Windows 10 Enterprise 
MonitorPowerCase
AUO B173QTN01.0 2560x1440p G-sync  Eurocom 780W Clevo P870KM1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27090 of 28467
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421 View Post

I heard you guys are going to revise your rad fans to have square frames?

When is that going to come?

Are we? I can't really comment on unannounced products, I am sure that you know that already wink.gif You'll just have to wait and see.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club