Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club - Page 330

post #3291 of 28252
Has anyone successfully used a TFC Xchanger with this pump?
i'm wondering if the Corsair pump is able to handle this rad even though its a high flow rad.
post #3292 of 28252
Another thing came to my attention today when priming, I think there is enough air in these things to negatively effect performance. I mean, not to the point that they dont work, but enough that if you listen at startup or tip your case, you can hear the bubbles circulating throughout the system. This may be a large reason why the tubing and res mods drop temps as much as they do if properly bled. So anyways, im sittin there priming away, watching temps and pump speed, and every once in a while the pump speed indicator drops down to 0, and every time it does so, the temp jumps and drops back down. Looks to me like there is air circulating in the system, and every time it hits the pump, it cavitates and the hot air hitting the WB bumps temps for a quick sec. Same principle in a cars cooling system, hot air in the system will actually increase the entire system's temp.
    
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel I7 940 @ 3.887 GA-X58A-UD3R 3GB Patriot Viper LL 7CL WD Caviar 500GB 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
XP SP3 32" 720P Old Thermaltake 500W 
CaseMouse Pad
HAF 922 Custom 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel I7 940 @ 3.887 GA-X58A-UD3R 3GB Patriot Viper LL 7CL WD Caviar 500GB 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
XP SP3 32" 720P Old Thermaltake 500W 
CaseMouse Pad
HAF 922 Custom 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3293 of 28252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liability View Post
Stock fan: exhaust
Antec Tricool: intake

And a stock NZXT fan converted into a psuedoshroud. Hoping to pick up some 38mm's soon when I find a good deal, but this is the best I have for now
Hmmm... nothing jumping out at me. Thats a quality fan.

You probably have but Ill ask anyway. When you converted the NZXT fan, did you file and smooth the supports for the fan body, after you removed the fan and motor structure? If not, it tends to whistle a tad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agaeris
I think there is enough air in these things to negatively effect performance. I mean, not to the point that they dont work, but enough that if you listen at startup or tip your case, you can hear the bubbles circulating throughout the system.
I believe some people have experience the "bubble noises" but accepted that as a design thing. Personally, I have never heard any air noises at all. Ive not experienced the temperature fluctuations you speak of, either.

Then again, Ive not modded the H50 either

Pro-tip: Pls place spaces between long sentences in long posts... it makes it easy to read and understand
Edited by Sethy666 - 2/4/10 at 3:55pm
post #3294 of 28252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agaeris View Post
Another thing came to my attention today when priming, I think there is enough air in these things to negatively effect performance. I mean, not to the point that they dont work, but enough that if you listen at startup or tip your case, you can hear the bubbles circulating throughout the system. This may be a large reason why the tubing and res mods drop temps as much as they do if properly bled. So anyways, im sittin there priming away, watching temps and pump speed, and every once in a while the pump speed indicator drops down to 0, and every time it does so, the temp jumps and drops back down. Looks to me like there is air circulating in the system, and every time it hits the pump, it cavitates and the hot air hitting the WB bumps temps for a quick sec. Same principle in a cars cooling system, hot air in the system will actually increase the entire system's temp.
This could explain why a few people have crappy temps and others have great temps. For cars it a tad different but you get the concept.
post #3295 of 28252
I set my fans as intake now.. dropped temps an extra 1-2C. Idling at 32/33C and full load with Prime at 42/43C
Edited by tlxxxsracer - 2/4/10 at 4:22pm
Mini worker
(7 items)
 
Blaue Liebe
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8 5600K ASRock FM2A88X-ITX  SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6570 Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveOSCase
OCZ Vertex 450 128gb w7 64bit Rosewill Legacy U2-B 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k P67 Extreme4 Gen3 Asus GTX 570 direct cuII Ripjaws 8gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm 120gb OCZ Vertex 3  60gb OCZ Agility 3 windows 7 pro X64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
HannsG 23" + AOC 24" Corsair HX850w Lian Li PC A70-F Razar Naga 
Audio
Sound Blaster X 
  hide details  
Reply
Mini worker
(7 items)
 
Blaue Liebe
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8 5600K ASRock FM2A88X-ITX  SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6570 Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveOSCase
OCZ Vertex 450 128gb w7 64bit Rosewill Legacy U2-B 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k P67 Extreme4 Gen3 Asus GTX 570 direct cuII Ripjaws 8gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm 120gb OCZ Vertex 3  60gb OCZ Agility 3 windows 7 pro X64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
HannsG 23" + AOC 24" Corsair HX850w Lian Li PC A70-F Razar Naga 
Audio
Sound Blaster X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3296 of 28252
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlxxxsracer View Post
I set my fans as intake now.. dropped temps an extra 1-2C. Idling at 32/33C and full load with Prime at 42/43C
Nice... I cant wait for winter here
post #3297 of 28252
Quote:
Nice... I cant wait for winter here
Too bad it doesnt get cold much here in florida.
Mini worker
(7 items)
 
Blaue Liebe
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8 5600K ASRock FM2A88X-ITX  SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6570 Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveOSCase
OCZ Vertex 450 128gb w7 64bit Rosewill Legacy U2-B 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k P67 Extreme4 Gen3 Asus GTX 570 direct cuII Ripjaws 8gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm 120gb OCZ Vertex 3  60gb OCZ Agility 3 windows 7 pro X64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
HannsG 23" + AOC 24" Corsair HX850w Lian Li PC A70-F Razar Naga 
Audio
Sound Blaster X 
  hide details  
Reply
Mini worker
(7 items)
 
Blaue Liebe
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8 5600K ASRock FM2A88X-ITX  SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6570 Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveOSCase
OCZ Vertex 450 128gb w7 64bit Rosewill Legacy U2-B 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k P67 Extreme4 Gen3 Asus GTX 570 direct cuII Ripjaws 8gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm 120gb OCZ Vertex 3  60gb OCZ Agility 3 windows 7 pro X64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
HannsG 23" + AOC 24" Corsair HX850w Lian Li PC A70-F Razar Naga 
Audio
Sound Blaster X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3298 of 28252
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlxxxsracer View Post
Too bad it doesnt get cold much here in florida.
There should a new criteria is measuring CPU / GFX temps..

Winter load
Summer load

I get all excited with my temps in winter and they go to hell-in-a-hand-basket soon as summer lands
post #3299 of 28252
Quote:
There should a new criteria is measuring CPU / GFX temps..

Winter load
Summer load

I get all excited with my temps in winter and they go to hell-in-a-hand-basket soon as summer lands
HAHA!! I know what you mean.. I got this computer in October, so Im not sure what the temps will be like in the summer..
Mini worker
(7 items)
 
Blaue Liebe
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8 5600K ASRock FM2A88X-ITX  SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6570 Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveOSCase
OCZ Vertex 450 128gb w7 64bit Rosewill Legacy U2-B 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k P67 Extreme4 Gen3 Asus GTX 570 direct cuII Ripjaws 8gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm 120gb OCZ Vertex 3  60gb OCZ Agility 3 windows 7 pro X64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
HannsG 23" + AOC 24" Corsair HX850w Lian Li PC A70-F Razar Naga 
Audio
Sound Blaster X 
  hide details  
Reply
Mini worker
(7 items)
 
Blaue Liebe
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8 5600K ASRock FM2A88X-ITX  SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6570 Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveOSCase
OCZ Vertex 450 128gb w7 64bit Rosewill Legacy U2-B 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k P67 Extreme4 Gen3 Asus GTX 570 direct cuII Ripjaws 8gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm 120gb OCZ Vertex 3  60gb OCZ Agility 3 windows 7 pro X64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
HannsG 23" + AOC 24" Corsair HX850w Lian Li PC A70-F Razar Naga 
Audio
Sound Blaster X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3300 of 28252
Ok, started reading this thread just after Christmas, and decided I wasn't terribly happy with my Noctua cooler, so I snagged an H50 for my birthday in Janurary, Original config was:

CM Stacker 830, Phenom II 940 BE, ASUS M3A79T-Deluxe, 4x2gb Patriot DDR 2 1066, ASUS Radeon 4870 1gb DK Edition, blah blah blah...

Temps were 36C idle, 42 Load, H50 Exhaust config, CM R4's in Push/Pull with a 25mm shroud on the intake side.

This morning started out like this:

Everybody needs a little help now and then

The original beast

The Mess


Next Post, the upgrade and first impressions
LL
LL
LL
Edited by Dodger02WS6 - 2/4/10 at 5:47pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club