Originally Posted by mike.dp.05
Hi. I just oced my i7 920 to 3.6 using h50. oced good?
these are my settings:
cpu multi: 20x
cpu vcore: 1.20(bios), 1.184(cpu-z)
dram voltage: 1.5v (rated voltage of pi series 1600)
all other settings on auto.
ran stable for 4 hrs of prime95 and 1hr of auto on occt.
1. asus turboV registered qpi/dram of 1.25000 ... - is this ok? or should it be lower?
2. cpu pll left auto - is this ok too? or should be upped quite a bit?
3. i'm having a max temp of 70,69,70,69 on coretemp after all stress test. ambient temp=29-30 degrees - are these good temps?
4. dram settings were on auto and it won't automatically enter the products advertised settings, what should i do?
5. last question, is there a way i could lower vcore while maintaning stability?
---> like playing with qpi/dram, cpu pll, ioh, ich?
I bet you can get better temps than that. I'd like to try and get you into the low to mid 50's for an i7 920 @ 3.6GHz.
These are the settings I used on my Asus board when I OC'd it @ 3.6. You might want to give these a try and see how you do.
Ai Overclock Tuner [Manual]
CPU Ratio Setting [21.0]
BCLK Frequency 
PCIE Frequency 
QPI Link Data Rate [Auto]
CPU Voltage Control [Manual]
CPU Voltage [1.0625]
CPU PLL Voltage [1.80]
QPI/DRAM Core Voltage [1.20000]
IOH Voltage [1.20]
IOH PCIE Voltage [Auto]
ICH Voltage [1.30]
ICH PCIE Voltage [Auto]
DRAM Bus Voltage [1.64]
Load-Line Calibration [Enabled]
CPU Differential Amplitude [800mV]
CPU Clock Skew [Delay 300ps]
CPU Spread Spectrum [Disabled]
IOH Clock Skew [Auto]
PCIE Spread Spectrum [Disabled]
C1E Support [Disabled]
Hardware Prefetcher [Enabled]
Adjacent Cache Line Prefetch [Enabled]
Intel(r) Virtualization Tech [Enabled]
CPU TM Function [Enabled]
Execute Disable Bit [Enabled]
Intel(r) HT Technology [Disabled]
Active Processor Cores [All]
Intel(r) SpeedStep(tm) Tech [Disabled]
Intel(r) C-STATE Tech [Disabled]