Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club - Page 638

post #6371 of 28251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvjavs View Post
Stupid question, What would be the best way to get the adhesive pads off a motherboard? I was able to get my H50 back plate off a motherboard, but the black adhesive pads they shipped with are stuck to it.

Should I get a hair dryer and blow on the pads for a minute and try to peal it off?

I don't want to damage anything.
If you don't want to damage anything, I would leave it there. I know corsair shouldn't have put tape where is attaches to the motherboard..
The Beast
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 750 Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 5450 2x2GB Corsair DDR3 1600 CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 750GB Sony Optiarc Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Vizio 42" LCD T.V. 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wave Antec TruePower New 650W Antec 900 Logitech Wave 
Mouse Pad
Standard 
  hide details  
Reply
The Beast
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 750 Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 5450 2x2GB Corsair DDR3 1600 CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 750GB Sony Optiarc Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Vizio 42" LCD T.V. 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wave Antec TruePower New 650W Antec 900 Logitech Wave 
Mouse Pad
Standard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6372 of 28251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unleash The Beast View Post
If you don't want to damage anything, I would leave it there. I know corsair shouldn't have put tape where is attaches to the motherboard..
I'm going to be going back to the motherboard it's stuck on though, and i got some new pads from Ace Hardware. However I do have very very very VERY thing pads I can put on top of that so it'll stick to the back plate.

But would a hair dryer cause damage? I would much rather replace the pads all together.
Edited by Kvjavs - 3/31/10 at 5:42pm
Intel Computer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i5 2500k] [ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M] [EVGA GTX 560] [Kingston HyperX 8GB] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[Samsung F4 320gb] [Lite-On 24x Combo] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [Samsung SyncMaster 941bw] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[Microsft ANB-00001] [SeaSonic 520w M12II] [ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M Box] [Logitech G700] 
Mouse Pad
[Walmart Brand - Cloth Black] 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel Computer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i5 2500k] [ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M] [EVGA GTX 560] [Kingston HyperX 8GB] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[Samsung F4 320gb] [Lite-On 24x Combo] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [Samsung SyncMaster 941bw] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[Microsft ANB-00001] [SeaSonic 520w M12II] [ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M Box] [Logitech G700] 
Mouse Pad
[Walmart Brand - Cloth Black] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6373 of 28251
Add me please I'm in the middle of my build. I'll be running the H50 in a push/pull config using the 120mm fan my HAF 922 case came with.

Linkhttp://www.overclock.net/intel-build...ew-member.html
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 980x @4.4 HT on ASUS Rampage III Extreme Gigabyte Gtx 770 G.Skill 6GB 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingMonitor
2x Intel x25-m 120 gb WD Black 1TB WD Blue 2TB Samsung DVD Burner Custom WC loop ACER 23" 
PowerCaseMouse
OCZ 700w Moded HAF922 Mx 518 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 980x @4.4 HT on ASUS Rampage III Extreme Gigabyte Gtx 770 G.Skill 6GB 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingMonitor
2x Intel x25-m 120 gb WD Black 1TB WD Blue 2TB Samsung DVD Burner Custom WC loop ACER 23" 
PowerCaseMouse
OCZ 700w Moded HAF922 Mx 518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6374 of 28251
Got all my parts today, everything went without a hitch. Now I just need my GTX 480!

H50 is working wonderfully already, VERY quiet and doesn't take up a gigantic amount of space, unlike most air coolers.

I've got it running in push/pull with the Corsair fan, and my case's fan. I have some higher quality fans on the way, though.


I'll take some pictures tomorrow once I have all the cables managed. Didn't want to zip tie them up or anything before I knew the system would work.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930 ASRock X58 Extreme EVGA GTX 480 6GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Caviar Black 1TB Windows 7 Premium Alienware OptX AW2310 (120Hz, 3D capable) Logitech G110 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CORSAIR 750HX CM Storm Sniper Logitech G500 SURFACE1030 ARCHETYPE 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930 ASRock X58 Extreme EVGA GTX 480 6GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Caviar Black 1TB Windows 7 Premium Alienware OptX AW2310 (120Hz, 3D capable) Logitech G110 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CORSAIR 750HX CM Storm Sniper Logitech G500 SURFACE1030 ARCHETYPE 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6375 of 28251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvjavs View Post
I'm going to be going back to the motherboard it's stuck on though, and i got some new pads from Ace Hardware. However I do have very very very VERY thing pads I can put on top of that so it'll stick to the back plate.

But would a hair dryer cause damage? I would much rather replace the pads all together.
A hair dryer will not do any damage. Do NOT use anything metalic to scrap or pull the pads with.

You could also use a small amount of rubbing alcohol to disolve the adhesive but let it air dry before you fire up your mobo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie007 View Post
Add me please I'm in the middle of my build. I'll be running the H50 in a push/pull config using the 120mm fan my HAF 922 case came with.
Welcome!

You can now add yourself There is a spreadsheet on the first page of this thread.
Edited by Sethy666 - 3/31/10 at 9:16pm
post #6376 of 28251
Just replaced my CM V8 with a Corsair H50. I don't see much of a difference idling, but a 5-7C difference at full load. I used the thermal paste that was already on the H50 and mounted it on. Here are my results.

CORSAIR H50:
Temperatures idling are: CPU: 37C, 37 37 35 35 (didn't touch the thermal paste)
Temperatures with Prime95: CPU 52C, 64 64 65 65

CM V8:
Temperatures idling are: CPU: 37, 37 37 35 35 (stock paste)
Temperatures with Prime95: CPU 50c, 60 60 57 57

I have two Coolermaster R4 exhausting out, and sandwiched the Radiator inbetween the two. Both running fairly high (1800-2000rpm). I'm not that happy with the H50, but because it's new - would the thermal paste need a curing time?
post #6377 of 28251
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewroids View Post
Just replaced my CM V8 with a Corsair H50. I don't see much of a difference idling, but a 5-7C difference at full load. I used the thermal paste that was already on the H50 and mounted it on. Here are my results.

CORSAIR H50:
Temperatures idling are: CPU: 37C, 37 37 35 35 (didn't touch the thermal paste)
Temperatures with Prime95: CPU 52C, 64 64 65 65

CM V8:
Temperatures idling are: CPU: 37, 37 37 35 35 (stock paste)
Temperatures with Prime95: CPU 50c, 60 60 57 57

I have two Coolermaster R4 exhausting out, and sandwiched the Radiator inbetween the two. Both running fairly high (1800-2000rpm). I'm not that happy with the H50, but because it's new - would the thermal paste need a curing time?
Welcome!

If you used the stock paste for the H50, it doesnt need curing time. It does need a few heat / cool cycles to work its way into all the nooks and crannys.

R4's push about 69 cfm, which isnt bad but you can go higher with other fans.

Where is you pump drawing its power, fan header or PSU via molex?

Also, consider strapping a shroud between you push fan and the rad. If you have the space, you can also place a shroud between the rad and the pull fan too.

This should decrease your temps further and cut down on the fan turbulence (noise).

Pls also complete the following page for your PC's specs - thanks


Edited by Sethy666 - 3/31/10 at 9:11pm
post #6378 of 28251
ok picked me up one of these im bloody tired of the noise of my mega now the question is anyone have this on the 1200 ?? id like to see some pics for mounting ideas thanks a bunch
2013
(11 items)
 
2016
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Processor X79-DELUXE NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Corsair Vengence 2400mhz 16 gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair F series WD Blue  Corsair H100 Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung Series 5 40" LED Smart TV Corsair AX 1200 Raidmax Vampire 
  hide details  
Reply
2013
(11 items)
 
2016
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Processor X79-DELUXE NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Corsair Vengence 2400mhz 16 gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair F series WD Blue  Corsair H100 Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung Series 5 40" LED Smart TV Corsair AX 1200 Raidmax Vampire 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6379 of 28251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethy666 View Post
Welcome!

If you used the stock paste for the H50, it doesnt need curing time. It does need a few heat / cool cycles to work its way into all the nooks and crannys.

R4's push about 69 cfm, which isnt bad but you can go higher with other fans.

Where is you pump drawing its power, fan header or PSU via molex?

Also, consider strapping a shroud between you push fan and the rad. If you have the space, you can also place a shroud between the rad and the pull fan too.

This should decrease your temps further and cut down on the fan turbulence (noise).

Pls also complete the following page for your PC's specs - thanks
How long would I have to wait to fully see the correct temperatures?

It's connected to the PSU via molex. The fan setup looks like <--CM R4--RADIATOR--CM R4. I have it exhausting out of my case, is that the correct format?

What do you mean by replacing a shroud between the rad and the pull?

Specs:
Core i7 920
850TX PSU
5850 HD
1TB HDD
CORSAIR H50
Gigabyte EX58-EXTREME
HAF 932
post #6380 of 28251
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewroids View Post
How long would I have to wait to fully see the correct temperatures?

It's connected to the PSU via molex. The fan setup looks like <--CM R4--RADIATOR--CM R4. I have it exhausting out of my case, is that the correct format?

What do you mean by replacing a shroud between the rad and the pull?

Specs:
Core i7 920
850TX PSU
5850 HD
1TB HDD
CORSAIR H50
Gigabyte EX58-EXTREME
HAF 932
Depends on your usage - maybe a couple of days of normal use - games, stress tests etc

Your configuration looks good. If you feel the need, you can experiment with and intake config by reversing the directions of the fans.

A shroud is a spacer that negates the dead space on the rad that all fans leave, so the "whole' rad isnt being cooled equally. Shrouds eliminate that dead space.

You can make your own shroud - see my sig for how to..

This is a pick of my rad set up with fans and shrouds...



You can see the shrouds between the fans and the rad.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club