Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club - Page 763

post #7621 of 28303
Quote:
Originally Posted by paleblue View Post
I know people have done it but I would strongly advise against it. The H50 is built to a budget to compete with aircoolers which it does very well. The pump is incorporated into the cooling block and as such is a compromise design. It is not designed to drive multiple loops, longer tube runs or larger rads.

As an inexpensive, reliable, fit-and-forget system it is excellent. I haven't the faintest idea why anyone would mess with that when there are so many cool custom watercooling solutions available that ARE designed for all of that.

I'm looking forward to my next build where I will put together a custom system of hand picked components. There won't be any butchered H50 parts in there that's for sure, it'll all be shiny new anodized specialist parts.
Not trying to burst your bubble but the results I have seen after modding the h50 were worth the extra $10 I spent to do it. And as far as the cool custom designs go. Have you seen the difference in price. I paid like $55 for my h50 on clearance. I will have spent about $70-80 when I buy my proper resevoir. Even if you don't get a great deal on it you will still spend less than the $250-$300 on a decent cutsom build. I am seeing temps on my unlocked 720be in the mid to upper 20's at idle and mid 30's at 100%load. Overclocked to 3.4ghz I am seeing 29-32 at idle and 40C at 100% load. It's not hard, It's not expensive, and if you do your proper leak and flow testing it isn't even dangerous.
post #7622 of 28303
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayford5 View Post
Not trying to burst your bubble but the results I have seen after modding the h50 were worth the extra $10 I spent to do it. And as far as the cool custom designs go. Have you seen the difference in price. I paid like $55 for my h50 on clearance. I will have spent about $70-80 when I buy my proper resevoir. Even if you don't get a great deal on it you will still spend less than the $250-$300 on a decent cutsom build. I am seeing temps on my unlocked 720be in the mid to upper 20's at idle and mid 30's at 100%load. Overclocked to 3.4ghz I am seeing 29-32 at idle and 40C at 100% load. It's not hard, It's not expensive, and if you do your proper leak and flow testing it isn't even dangerous.
The only thing I didn't like with modding my H50 was space clearance in the pump. But after all nothing is easy. It was well worthed and it look way much better than the stock one.

Wondering if there is someone whos pump actually died so far?
SS
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8435 3.06GHz G60VX GTX 260M HE 2 x 2GB 
Hard DriveOSMouse
MC 64GB SSD G2 & SG 320 W7 Pro x64 Razer Naga 
  hide details  
Reply
SS
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8435 3.06GHz G60VX GTX 260M HE 2 x 2GB 
Hard DriveOSMouse
MC 64GB SSD G2 & SG 320 W7 Pro x64 Razer Naga 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7623 of 28303
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraganUS View Post
That looks pretty good.
Is that a mod with two rads or with res?
It's the radiator sandwiched between two Antec tricools. I have them set on hi so I am getting pretty good airflow. and a resevoir.
Edited by mayford5 - 4/30/10 at 10:32am
post #7624 of 28303
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayford5 View Post
It's the radiator sandwiched between two Antec tricools. I have them set on hi so I am getting pretty good airflow.
Why are yous tubing under card? What do you have there?
SS
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8435 3.06GHz G60VX GTX 260M HE 2 x 2GB 
Hard DriveOSMouse
MC 64GB SSD G2 & SG 320 W7 Pro x64 Razer Naga 
  hide details  
Reply
SS
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8435 3.06GHz G60VX GTX 260M HE 2 x 2GB 
Hard DriveOSMouse
MC 64GB SSD G2 & SG 320 W7 Pro x64 Razer Naga 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7625 of 28303
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayford5 View Post
Not trying to burst your bubble but the results I have seen after modding the h50 were worth the extra $10 I spent to do it. And as far as the cool custom designs go. Have you seen the difference in price. I paid like $55 for my h50 on clearance. I will have spent about $70-80
can you give a breakdown on what you purchased?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k@4.5 Gigabyte Sniper Z77 ASUS Strix GTX 1080ti 2x8gb G.Skill RipjawsX 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 840 EVO Win 10 64 ASUS Corsair 1000 HX 
Case
CM Storm Sniper Bk Ed. 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k@4.5 Gigabyte Sniper Z77 ASUS Strix GTX 1080ti 2x8gb G.Skill RipjawsX 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 840 EVO Win 10 64 ASUS Corsair 1000 HX 
Case
CM Storm Sniper Bk Ed. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7626 of 28303
DragonUS: Well the Antec 900 doesn't have an tube holes so I had to run it out my unused expansion slot.

Viper: I bought some 3/8" barbs both brass and nylon 4 each. these were about $2 a piece but I returned the brass and 2 nylon because I didn't use them. I bought two 1/4" to 3/8" nylon. $1.50 a piece. bought two feet of 1/4" tubing at $.20 a foot and 4 feet of 3/8" tubing for $.25. And small zip ties at 1.45. A total of $9.85. So here is the deal. I couldn't get anyone to answer what ID and OD was so I had heard it was 3/8" ID 1/2" OD so when I took it apart I saw it was 1/4" so I took back the brass and two nylon barbs and bought the adapters so I didn't have to buy more tubing. so breakdown
2 nylon 3/8" at $4
adapters 1.50
tubing 1/4" here is $.20/ft but I paid $1.40 for all
and zip ties at $1.45
post #7627 of 28303
Hello all. I received my H50 yesterday (woot-yah) and still after 2+ weeks of search/research I still can't deside on 2 fans for a Push/Pull, front intake setup. I swear I have never had so much indesision trying to deside on the ones to get. LOL Frankly a midget with a hand fan would be better than the stock fan I currently have. But I really want to get the best I can find for the new addition (H50) to my system. But from what I have gathered thus far is that:

Scythe 2000 RPM are good
Scythe 3000 RPM Ultra Kaze are good
Scythe 1850 RPM GT are good
Cooler Master R4 2000 RPM are good
Feser TK-122 1800 RPM are good

The Feser are the only ones I can't find in stock anywhere, and pricey though I think would be the best. What do you'all think?
Armor
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition ASUS Crosshair II Formula 2x BFG GTX 280 Corsair Dominator 4x1GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x WD 500 GB Caviar Black SATA (raid0) LG SATA super/multi/blu and LG SATA CD/DVD XP Pro 32bit Samsung 23" Widescreen LCD-LED Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G19 Thermaltake Toughpower 1200w Thermaltake Armor R.A.T. 9 
Mouse Pad
Razer Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
Armor
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition ASUS Crosshair II Formula 2x BFG GTX 280 Corsair Dominator 4x1GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x WD 500 GB Caviar Black SATA (raid0) LG SATA super/multi/blu and LG SATA CD/DVD XP Pro 32bit Samsung 23" Widescreen LCD-LED Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G19 Thermaltake Toughpower 1200w Thermaltake Armor R.A.T. 9 
Mouse Pad
Razer Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7628 of 28303
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricshan View Post
Hello all. I received my H50 yesterday (woot-yah) and still after 2+ weeks of search/research I still can't deside on 2 fans for a Push/Pull, front intake setup. I swear I have never had so much indesision trying to deside on the ones to get. LOL Frankly a midget with a hand fan would be better than the stock fan I currently have. But I really want to get the best I can find for the new addition (H50) to my system. But from what I have gathered thus far is that:

Scythe 2000 RPM are good
Scythe 3000 RPM Ultra Kaze are good
Scythe 1850 RPM GT are good
Cooler Master R4 2000 RPM are good
Feser TK-122 1800 RPM are good

The Feser are the only ones I can't find in stock anywhere, and pricey though I think would be the best. What do you'all think?
Not on your list, but I'd get the Noctua NF-P14 fans!
 
BitoHeaven
(16 items)
 
Cigar ATX PC
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5GHz Asus Maximus VI Gene Gigabyte R9 290 @ 1160MHz/1350MHz Gigabyte R9 290 @ 1160MHz/1350MHz 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill Trident X 2X8GB DDR3 2400MHz Samsung 840 PRO 256GB  Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 3TB SATA III 6Gb/s 64... Pioneer Blu-ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Liquid Single Loop Triple Radiators Win 7 SP1 Professional x64bit  Samsung SynchMaster 24" Widescreen 1200p TFT-LC... Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1300w 80+ Gold Fully Modular  Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Microsoft Sidewinder X5 Allsop Redmond Mouse Pad 
Audio
Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX mITX  Sapphire HD 7990 @ 1090MHz/1600MHz G.SKILL Ripjaws 2X4GB DDR3-1600 @ 1866MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial SSD 128GB mSATA SATA III 6GB  Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB SATA II 32MB 7200RPM LG DVD R/W SATA with LightScribe Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Professional x64bit Samsung 52" 1080p 60Hz LCD Logitech Wireless K330 Corsair AX850 Gold Fully Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ATX Black  Logitech Wireless M215 Corsair Vengeance MM200 Yamaha RX-V681 & PSB/Polk Audio 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon II X4 640 ASRock N68C-GS NVIDIA 6600GT G. Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Blue 500GB 16MB Cache 7200RPM LG Optical Drive Thermaltake Max Orb Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Viewsonic 19” Flatscreen CRT Gigabyte GK-K6800 103  Thermaltake TR2 600W Cigar Boxes 
MouseMouse Pad
Zalman ZM-M300 Corsair Vengeance MM200 
  hide details  
Reply
 
BitoHeaven
(16 items)
 
Cigar ATX PC
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5GHz Asus Maximus VI Gene Gigabyte R9 290 @ 1160MHz/1350MHz Gigabyte R9 290 @ 1160MHz/1350MHz 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill Trident X 2X8GB DDR3 2400MHz Samsung 840 PRO 256GB  Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 3TB SATA III 6Gb/s 64... Pioneer Blu-ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Liquid Single Loop Triple Radiators Win 7 SP1 Professional x64bit  Samsung SynchMaster 24" Widescreen 1200p TFT-LC... Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1300w 80+ Gold Fully Modular  Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Microsoft Sidewinder X5 Allsop Redmond Mouse Pad 
Audio
Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX mITX  Sapphire HD 7990 @ 1090MHz/1600MHz G.SKILL Ripjaws 2X4GB DDR3-1600 @ 1866MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial SSD 128GB mSATA SATA III 6GB  Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB SATA II 32MB 7200RPM LG DVD R/W SATA with LightScribe Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Professional x64bit Samsung 52" 1080p 60Hz LCD Logitech Wireless K330 Corsair AX850 Gold Fully Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ATX Black  Logitech Wireless M215 Corsair Vengeance MM200 Yamaha RX-V681 & PSB/Polk Audio 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon II X4 640 ASRock N68C-GS NVIDIA 6600GT G. Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Blue 500GB 16MB Cache 7200RPM LG Optical Drive Thermaltake Max Orb Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Viewsonic 19” Flatscreen CRT Gigabyte GK-K6800 103  Thermaltake TR2 600W Cigar Boxes 
MouseMouse Pad
Zalman ZM-M300 Corsair Vengeance MM200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7629 of 28303
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayford5 View Post
DragonUS: Well the Antec 900 doesn't have an tube holes so I had to run it out my unused expansion slot.

Viper: I bought some 3/8" barbs both brass and nylon 4 each. these were about $2 a piece but I returned the brass and 2 nylon because I didn't use them. I bought two 1/4" to 3/8" nylon. $1.50 a piece. bought two feet of 1/4" tubing at $.20 a foot and 4 feet of 3/8" tubing for $.25. And small zip ties at 1.45. A total of $9.85. So here is the deal. I couldn't get anyone to answer what ID and OD was so I had heard it was 3/8" ID 1/2" OD so when I took it apart I saw it was 1/4" so I took back the brass and two nylon barbs and bought the adapters so I didn't have to buy more tubing. so breakdown
2 nylon 3/8" at $4
adapters 1.50
tubing 1/4" here is $.20/ft but I paid $1.40 for all
and zip ties at $1.45
thanks for that information...so basically you replaced the tubing? what kind of differences did that make?


EDIT: @ricshan-thats a solid list of fans...I also tried researching which fans to get, someone should stick a list like this to the main page. Anyways I decided to go with 2 Scyth UK3000, simply for the loud noise they make, jk...they move a ton of air. Oh yeah I made sure to get a fan controller also to control the jet engines
Edited by The Viper - 4/30/10 at 11:35am
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k@4.5 Gigabyte Sniper Z77 ASUS Strix GTX 1080ti 2x8gb G.Skill RipjawsX 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 840 EVO Win 10 64 ASUS Corsair 1000 HX 
Case
CM Storm Sniper Bk Ed. 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k@4.5 Gigabyte Sniper Z77 ASUS Strix GTX 1080ti 2x8gb G.Skill RipjawsX 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 840 EVO Win 10 64 ASUS Corsair 1000 HX 
Case
CM Storm Sniper Bk Ed. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7630 of 28303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunderman456 View Post
Not on your list, but I'd get the Noctua NF-P14 fans!
Do you mean the Noctua NF-P12 1300 RPM? I had at 1 point had those on my list of posibles.

But I thought the CFM on the Noctua was lower than most.
Edited by ricshan - 4/30/10 at 11:52am
Armor
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition ASUS Crosshair II Formula 2x BFG GTX 280 Corsair Dominator 4x1GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x WD 500 GB Caviar Black SATA (raid0) LG SATA super/multi/blu and LG SATA CD/DVD XP Pro 32bit Samsung 23" Widescreen LCD-LED Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G19 Thermaltake Toughpower 1200w Thermaltake Armor R.A.T. 9 
Mouse Pad
Razer Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
Armor
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition ASUS Crosshair II Formula 2x BFG GTX 280 Corsair Dominator 4x1GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x WD 500 GB Caviar Black SATA (raid0) LG SATA super/multi/blu and LG SATA CD/DVD XP Pro 32bit Samsung 23" Widescreen LCD-LED Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G19 Thermaltake Toughpower 1200w Thermaltake Armor R.A.T. 9 
Mouse Pad
Razer Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club