Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club - Page 824

post #8231 of 28303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killhouse View Post
I would just like to thank all the H50 owners that answered the call of the Chimp Challenge this year; it was a fantastic run, proving that OCN are totally awesome (but we all knew it already, right?).

Keep folding for the cause!

Well said KH. Second the sentiment.

Congrats on your prize also!
post #8232 of 28303
Is it better to run two antec tricools or two stock corsair fans with the h50?
The Beast
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 750 Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 5450 2x2GB Corsair DDR3 1600 CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 750GB Sony Optiarc Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Vizio 42" LCD T.V. 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wave Antec TruePower New 650W Antec 900 Logitech Wave 
Mouse Pad
Standard 
  hide details  
Reply
The Beast
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 750 Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 5450 2x2GB Corsair DDR3 1600 CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 750GB Sony Optiarc Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Vizio 42" LCD T.V. 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wave Antec TruePower New 650W Antec 900 Logitech Wave 
Mouse Pad
Standard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8233 of 28303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethy666 View Post
Okay, seems you fans / pump is plugged in right.

So you have an antec fan as case exhaust and the corsair fan as intake on your rad.. where is your rad located?

Can you post a pic of your setup pls... makes it easy to see whats going on.
Pallas
(8 items)
 
  
Reply
Pallas
(8 items)
 
  
Reply
post #8234 of 28303
Hey folks
Looking at the H50 for my system... i have the lian li pc-p50 with a gigabyte ga-790fxta-ud5 mobo with a 5970 gpu in there; it's a tad tight.
Has anyone installed this in a pc-p50 case? Will i actually be able to do it?

Love some help here

Cheers!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition ASUS Crosshair IV Formula XFX 5970 2Gb BE + Sapphire 5870 1Gb Game Edition 4Gb OCZ DDR3 PC3-12800 BE CL8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 3.5 120GB E SSD + WD Caviar Black 1Tb ASUS DRW-24B1LT DVDRW W7 x64 Pro LG 21.5" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX850 Sleeved Lian Li PC-P50WB Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Err... yes 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition ASUS Crosshair IV Formula XFX 5970 2Gb BE + Sapphire 5870 1Gb Game Edition 4Gb OCZ DDR3 PC3-12800 BE CL8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 3.5 120GB E SSD + WD Caviar Black 1Tb ASUS DRW-24B1LT DVDRW W7 x64 Pro LG 21.5" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX850 Sleeved Lian Li PC-P50WB Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Err... yes 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8235 of 28303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sozin View Post
Okay, so your exhausting?

The antec fan is at 744 rpm and the corsair is at 2538 rpm? (I thought the corsair fan was only rated to < 2000 rpm)

Is that correct?

If so, there is the problem. The antec is moving so slow, there is backwash back onto the rad. It cant clear the heat fast enough.
post #8236 of 28303
here is my H50 setup (still working on it). cheapo Coolermaster R4 fans on some cheapo dremeled out 38mms.







Need to remove a bit of metal thats blocking the bottom screws on the fan casing so that I can easily unscrew and remove the front fan. The idea is to have the radiator and shrouds securely screwed into the dvd-drive bay walls so that I can easily remove the fans for cleaning or swapping while the rest of the cooler stays put.
post #8237 of 28303
Just built my system and have a slight issue........


I have a push/pull set up, as an intake, in the front of my case. it's :
push fan>shroud>rad>pull fan

2x Gentle Typhoon AP-15s.

with the arrows indicating the air direction.

I was expecting idle temps in the 20's. Instead I'm about 33 idle and 55 load, without any overclocking!

ambient is about 20C...

did I do something wrong?


EDIT:

i7 930
P6x58D-e asus mobo
stock voltage (1.264 under prime95 load)
Custom
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930 @ 4.01ghz Asus P6X58D-E Asus 5850 DirectCU G.Skill 3x2GB 8-8-8-20-1T 1530MHZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
VertexLE 100GB // Spinpoint F3 1TB Windows 7 64 Dell 2007WFP (4+ years and kickin!) Filco Tenkeyless-Blank Caps 
PowerCase
Corsair 750HX Lian Li PC-K62 
  hide details  
Reply
Custom
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930 @ 4.01ghz Asus P6X58D-E Asus 5850 DirectCU G.Skill 3x2GB 8-8-8-20-1T 1530MHZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
VertexLE 100GB // Spinpoint F3 1TB Windows 7 64 Dell 2007WFP (4+ years and kickin!) Filco Tenkeyless-Blank Caps 
PowerCase
Corsair 750HX Lian Li PC-K62 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8238 of 28303
Quote:
Originally Posted by burt p. View Post
here is my H50 setup (still working on it). cheapo Coolermaster R4 fans on some cheapo dremeled out 38mms.


Need to remove a bit of metal thats blocking the bottom screws on the fan casing so that I can easily unscrew and remove the front fan. The idea is to have the radiator and shrouds securely screwed into the dvd-drive bay walls so that I can easily remove the fans for cleaning or swapping while the rest of the cooler stays put.
Very nice. Dont underestemate the R4s... they are a capable lil fan


Quote:
Originally Posted by krescent View Post
Just built my system and have a slight issue........

I have a push/pull set up, as an intake, in the front of my case. it's :
push fan>shroud>rad>pull fan

2x Gentle Typhoon AP-15s.

with the arrows indicating the air direction.

I was expecting idle temps in the 20's. Instead I'm about 33 idle and 55 load, without any overclocking!

ambient is about 20C...

did I do something wrong?

EDIT:

i7 930
P6x58D-e asus mobo
stock voltage (1.264 under prime95 load)
Idle temps are neither here nor there. Its your load temps that matter. I would have thought your load temp would be lower.

The two major factors here is your TIM and your fans. Which TIM did you use?

While the stock TIM is Shin Etsu, and good quality, they slap on too much. This can hurt temps as much as too little TIM.

While GTs are a nice fan, its CFM is a little low. You may want to try a couple of different fans with higher CFM eg the Coolermaster R4s, Scythe UK 2000s (38mm) etc.

I know some people are getting good results with the GTs but every set up is going to be different. What works for one, may not work for someone else.
post #8239 of 28303
gotcha. I used the stock TIM, out of box. That could be it!


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-080-_-Product

that's what I want, correct?
Custom
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930 @ 4.01ghz Asus P6X58D-E Asus 5850 DirectCU G.Skill 3x2GB 8-8-8-20-1T 1530MHZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
VertexLE 100GB // Spinpoint F3 1TB Windows 7 64 Dell 2007WFP (4+ years and kickin!) Filco Tenkeyless-Blank Caps 
PowerCase
Corsair 750HX Lian Li PC-K62 
  hide details  
Reply
Custom
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930 @ 4.01ghz Asus P6X58D-E Asus 5850 DirectCU G.Skill 3x2GB 8-8-8-20-1T 1530MHZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
VertexLE 100GB // Spinpoint F3 1TB Windows 7 64 Dell 2007WFP (4+ years and kickin!) Filco Tenkeyless-Blank Caps 
PowerCase
Corsair 750HX Lian Li PC-K62 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8240 of 28303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethy666 View Post
Okay, so your exhausting?

The antec fan is at 744 rpm and the corsair is at 2538 rpm? (I thought the corsair fan was only rated to < 2000 rpm)

Is that correct?

If so, there is the problem. The antec is moving so slow, there is backwash back onto the rad. It cant clear the heat fast enough.
I believe that's what it means. What do you suggest?
Pallas
(8 items)
 
  
Reply
Pallas
(8 items)
 
  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club