Overclock.net banner

[Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club

4M views 28K replies 3K participants last post by  Speedster159 
#1 ·

Hello all! This is the Corsair Hydro Series Club.

Over the next few days I will be updating this thread as much as I possibly can.

H80i GT

H100i GTX

H110i GT

H50 Rev2

H55

H60 Rev2

H75

H80i

H100i

H105

H110
H40

H50 Rev1

H60 Rev1

H70

H80

H100

When reporting testing results, the more information you provide ...
The more professional and "detailed" the responses will be
biggrin.gif
[/B]

Here are the basics ... and screenshots really help for quick/accurate diagnostics
thumb.gif

1) CPU (model / @idle or load / stock or overclock@ ***GHz / AND CPU-Z vCore)
1a) Fill in your system specs (see my signature below
smile.gif
)
2) Stress Program (usually P95 [v27.9] Blend 30-60min)(IBT can also be useful)
2a) Temp monitoring program ... Real Temp / Core Temp / HWMonitor etc
3) Ambient temperature (usually room temp if your case isn't crammed into a cabinet)
4) Radiator Setup (open bench/ Push or Pull / Push/Pull / Case Intake or Exhaust)
5) Fans model (Stock or aftermarket) there rpm's and/or AIO setting (low/med/high)

Prime95 w/AVX latest version 27.9 [HERE]
CPU-Z v1.65 [HERE]
Real Temp v3.70 [HERE]
HWMonitor v1.23 [B [HERE]

Core Temp v1.0 RC5 [HERE]
IBT v2.54 [HERE]

Interesting thread [HERE]on stress monitoring. I don't necessarily agree with everything he says, but it's a very good discussion on stress programs! The main points I got out of it is Aida64 will heat your processor higher than P95 with Less Voltage .... hmmm. And it is very important to run the latest version of P95 [v27.9] as the instruction sets have changed significantly to where the load temps are getting very close to IBT/Aida64. The chart below, for those of you that don't know or ask where the heck is IBT in the chart, LinX and IBT are essentially the same program
thumb.gif

This is why "screenshots" are so helpful ...
It's easier to confirm 100% Load / core temp vs CPU temp / vCore / Watts load etc.

Yes IBT is helpful if you understand the risks TDP95w IBT is pulling 126w
redface.gif

More info on P95 and my quick favorite stability test, 1hr of custom setting with FFT set to 1344 and 1792 after an initial 20min Blend test ... See HERE /and HERE

There are currently two forms for the Owner's Club. One is from the previous owner and this new one was created by me. I am looking for a way to integrate the old Owner's list into mine, but due to time constraints, I'm not sure when if I will be able to. I cannot take the time to manually add the old Owner's list.

If you need your infomration update or have more than one cooler. Please let me know in a PM and I will be happy to update your information. Please do not add more submissions as that does increase the work for me.

The new form is for all coolers, not just the current series.

The H-series Owners - Add Yourself!

Old Form

Current Form

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vbyaxzTlgADYXk-9OqJmC1mnzv989p69Cvd_sRkOxX4/viewform?embedded=true

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C8sYmFLqTPwyyy4HbDUymuMCzN2rJnp9Bbu8wf3LM8k/pubhtml?widget=true&headers=false

What is the fluid inside the unit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair
The liquid inside the H50 and H70 is distilled water with Propylene Glycol
Should I mount my radiator in an exhaust of intake configuration?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killhouse
Basically, running your fan/radiator setup as intake will give you lower temperatures than an exhaust setup - this is because the radiator is being fed cool air from outside the case.
However, the H-series are very good at sending a lot of heat out of that radiator, and if you run it as an intake then you will be sending a lot of hot air into your case - this might be detrimental, especially if you have graphics cards with struggling stock coolers.
Personally, I prefer to run my unit in exhaust for better health of my system - and if you have a good amount of intake into your case somewhere near your radiator, you'll see very little temperature difference between intake and exhaust.
Here is a blog directly from Corsair; it includes some of the testing they did on Push/Pull setups.
I don't like the idea of all that water near my components, what if it leaks?

Quote:
I should stress that your H-series is incredibly unlikely to leak, if this was a problem you would have heard much more about it. Of the few leaks that have been reported, Corsair have replaced all the damaged components in the system!
What is the thermal tape that comes with the H50?

Quote:
The stock piece of thermal tape on the back of the H-series is Shin Etsu, this is a very good TIM (Thermal Interface Material) and normally ranks above your normal cheaper candidates.
What speed does the pump run at?

Quote:
The H50 pump runs at about 1400 RPM, you can check this in a variety of programs such as speedfan.
If you think you have an answer to a commonly asked question, please PM me with the question and answer and it will be added here. And, of course, you'll be acknowledged for the input.

Due to the massive size of this thread I've given up updating it manually, just fill in this quick form. Note this is for the H60,H80,H100. For the new Corsair units (h60i,80i,100i ) fill out thisform.
Owners List: Click Here
New Series Owners List:Click Here

Links
Put links to your mod guides and testing in here. The spreadsheet is publicly editable so please add any links that you feel deserve a mention. Click "Edit This Page" at the bottom of the spreadsheet.
Click Here

NEW
H80 / H80i & H100 / H100i Case Compatibility Thread
Thanks to Mattyd893 we now have this link posted. Go here to check cases and compatibility. Also go help him out and submit yours so we can get the list bigger!

Popular Fans List
Because I don't own this spreadsheet we can no longer add. Still view the list. I'll be making a new one for people to add to.
Big thanks to Sethy who originally started this one, a good resource for anyone looking to upgrade their stock fans. As with the other community pages, please add fans that you feel deserve a mention. Click "Edit This Page" at the bottom of the spreadsheet.
Click HereNo Longer Works. You can view. No adding.
So add the fans using this form: Click Here
Fans List #2 ( Can Add )

Well, kudos to this fantastic brand - this thread is now possibly the biggest and most viewed thread on OCN. It represents a massive wealth of knowledge on the H40, H50, H60, H80, H100,H60i,H80i,H100i

How To Join:
Scroll down and fill out the form and your entered! Have Fun!
What is the fluid inside the unit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair
The liquid inside the H50 and H70 is distilled water with Propylene Glycol
Should I mount my radiator in an exhaust of intake configuration?

Quote:
Basically, running your fan/radiator setup as intake will give you lower temperatures than an exhaust setup - this is because the radiator is being fed cool air from outside the case.
However, the H-series are very good at sending a lot of heat out of that radiator, and if you run it as an intake then you will be sending a lot of hot air into your case - this might be detrimental, especially if you have graphics cards with struggling stock coolers.
Personally, I prefer to run my unit in exhaust for better health of my system - and if you have a good amount of intake into your case somewhere near your radiator, you'll see very little temperature difference between intake and exhaust.
Here is a blog directly from Corsair; it includes some of the testing they did on Push/Pull setups.
I don't like the idea of all that water near my components, what if it leaks?

Quote:
I should stress that your H-series is incredibly unlikely to leak, if this was a problem you would have heard much more about it. Of the few leaks that have been reported, Corsair have replaced all the damaged components in the system!
What is the thermal tape that comes with the H50?

Quote:
The stock piece of thermal tape on the back of the H-series is Shin Etsu, this is a very good TIM (Thermal Interface Material) and normally ranks above your normal cheaper candidates.
What speed does the pump run at?

Quote:
The H50 pump runs at about 1400 RPM, you can check this in a variety of programs such as speedfan.
If you think you have an answer to a commonly asked question, please PM me with the question and answer and it will be added here. And, of course, you'll be acknowledged for the input.

Due to the massive size of this thread I've given up updating it manually, just fill in this quick form. Note this is for the H60,H80,H100. For the new Corsair units (h60i,80i,100i ) fill out thisform.
Owners List: Click Here
New Series Owners List:Click Here

Links
Put links to your mod guides and testing in here. The spreadsheet is publicly editable so please add any links that you feel deserve a mention. Click "Edit This Page" at the bottom of the spreadsheet.
Click Here

NEW
H80 / H80i & H100 / H100i Case Compatibility Thread
Thanks to Mattyd893 we now have this link posted. Go here to check cases and compatibility. Also go help him out and submit yours so we can get the list bigger!

Popular Fans List
Because I don't own this spreadsheet we can no longer add. Still view the list. I'll be making a new one for people to add to.
Big thanks to Sethy who originally started this one, a good resource for anyone looking to upgrade their stock fans. As with the other community pages, please add fans that you feel deserve a mention. Click "Edit This Page" at the bottom of the spreadsheet.
Click HereNo Longer Works. You can view. No adding.
So add the fans using this form: Click Here
Fans List #2 ( Can Add )

Sig:
Snorkle.gif Official Corsair Hydro Series Club Snorkle.gif

Code:

Code:
[URL=http://www.overclock.net/t/612436/official-corsair-hydro-series-club] :Snorkle: Official Corsair Hydro Series Club :Snorkle: [/URL]

See less See more
#5 ·
#9 ·
I tried applying the MX2 a few times before I was happy. I ended up putting 5 small dots on the chip and then mounting H50. Seemed to give the best result (by observation), if you're not hitting stupid temperatures then you probably did it fine.

#12 ·
Am not completely bowled over with the results, but maybe theres something wrong...just want to check with u guys....I have mounted it with the tubes on the top side of the case and the corsair logo right side up. I used Mx2, using a card to spread it over the CPU and I have two yateloons at high speed on the rad pushing air out of the case. I have two 60-70 cfm fans on the side window pushing air in...so I am really wondering what the issue here is.

Its also takes a good amount of time to cool down...is this normal...my pump runs at around 1300-1350 rpm and is on 100% all the time. The two yateloons are running at 2000 rpm all the time....i tried the rad out with 1450 GT's and the yateloons make little to no difference while being a lot louder...what do u guys suggest?

Man, my Baram was better than this.

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Am not completely bowled over with the results, but maybe theres something wrong...just want to check with u guys....I have mounted it with the tubes on the top side of the case and the corsair logo right side up. I used Mx2, using a card to spread it over the CPU and I have two yateloons at high speed on the rad pushing air out of the case. I have two 60-70 cfm fans on the side window pushing air in...so I am really wondering what the issue here is.

Its also takes a good amount of time to cool down...is this normal...my pump runs at around 1300-1350 rpm and is on 100% all the time. The two yateloons are running at 2000 rpm all the time....i tried the rad out with 1450 GT's and the yateloons make little to no difference while being a lot louder...what do u guys suggest?

Man, my Baram was better than this.
You have the same processor as me, granted I'm still at stock but I get around 32C idle and never more than 48C load. Not sure about ambients, quite warm english weather

What sort of temps are you hitting? Sounds like you should be lower than me with that setup.

#19 ·

• Rep+
Reactions: EdSpfld73
#20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Done...i'll get OCCT and run it to...let me know what settings ure running.
Running a standard 1 hour test now: 1h 0 min, medium data set, priority normal. Hyperthreading disabled. I'll post back in an hour.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.