Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Specialized Cooling › Dry Ice/ Liquid Nitrogen › Frozen Path. Sub-Zero Cooling Club.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Frozen Path. Sub-Zero Cooling Club. - Page 4

post #31 of 7325
No ones leaking anything at all.. I am working with a few gents over on XS to try and work the GPUv mod for the 5870...seems like crustyclown has some-sort of working mod...and not willing to share any info. He went so far as to post a youtube vid..just to brag.

Its real eff'd up if you ask me..
post #32 of 7325
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL3P20 View Post
No ones leaking anything at all.. I am working with a few gents over on XS to try and work the GPUv mod for the 5870...seems like crustyclown has some-sort of working mod...and not willing to share any info. He went so far as to post a youtube vid..just to brag.

Its real eff'd up if you ask me..

Then it won't be long before someone makes a new tweak to the program and share it I guess.
Haha, the big guys with their weapons..
Classifried
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeno W3520. Asus Rampage III Extreme. Asus GTX 295 Dual-PCB and HIS 4870x2 Corsair Dominator GT 2000mhz CL8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SATA And IDE.. LG Win 7, XP and Vista SyncMaster 206BW 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Ps2 Corsair AX850 2 Meter longe table for benching. Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
Classifried
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeno W3520. Asus Rampage III Extreme. Asus GTX 295 Dual-PCB and HIS 4870x2 Corsair Dominator GT 2000mhz CL8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SATA And IDE.. LG Win 7, XP and Vista SyncMaster 206BW 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Ps2 Corsair AX850 2 Meter longe table for benching. Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 7325
Well I finally slopped some proofing on this P45....Clear silicone around the socket, di-electric in the socket. Warm Vaseline smeared around all that with neoprene over that and Liquid Tape out around the edges of that.

It's ready to go with that Cely 430 in it, just need to hook it up and get off my dead butt and go get some ice for it......Maybe by the next week-end.

Finished a v-reg HS, one more to go...





My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 4545Mhz*9 w/1.29V DFI DK P45 XFX 8800 GS D9GKX & D9GMH 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
2x Seagate 160 Perp. RD-1 2x Asus Vista Premium Corsair HX 620 
Case
Open Bench 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 4545Mhz*9 w/1.29V DFI DK P45 XFX 8800 GS D9GKX & D9GMH 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
2x Seagate 160 Perp. RD-1 2x Asus Vista Premium Corsair HX 620 
Case
Open Bench 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 7325
Holy! Ira that looks really awesome. Overclock.net foam insulation?

Really nice work on the V-REG Heat sink, tried it out yet? I've been looking around for a water block for the V-REG for my commando..But no luck yet.

At least I'm pretty much decided I'm not going for any expensive 775 MoBo's anymore, then I care to much about them. So next MoBo will be a cheap one that I can solder and modify so much I want without burning my pockets

Can't wait for the result Ira!

We're getting some awesome pictures in this thread! I've been missing something like this on OCN. I've only seen a pot gallery, but most of them never in action and mounted up on the motherboards
Edited by Kriztoffer - 11/21/09 at 8:58am
Classifried
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeno W3520. Asus Rampage III Extreme. Asus GTX 295 Dual-PCB and HIS 4870x2 Corsair Dominator GT 2000mhz CL8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SATA And IDE.. LG Win 7, XP and Vista SyncMaster 206BW 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Ps2 Corsair AX850 2 Meter longe table for benching. Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
Classifried
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeno W3520. Asus Rampage III Extreme. Asus GTX 295 Dual-PCB and HIS 4870x2 Corsair Dominator GT 2000mhz CL8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SATA And IDE.. LG Win 7, XP and Vista SyncMaster 206BW 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Ps2 Corsair AX850 2 Meter longe table for benching. Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 7325
Woah awesome!

I call for a sticky!

BTW, im in.








Like the nb dice extension?






^make shift nf200 cooler for when u need to dice the 780i.
Edited by OverShocked - 11/21/09 at 1:25pm
i7
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 @4.5ghz Classified GTX 470 triple SLI 6GB Kingston Hyperx 2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
2x 2TB Samsung 2x3tb Hitachi 5x DVD RW 3x24" 1200w Silverstone 
Case
what case? 
  hide details  
Reply
i7
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 @4.5ghz Classified GTX 470 triple SLI 6GB Kingston Hyperx 2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
2x 2TB Samsung 2x3tb Hitachi 5x DVD RW 3x24" 1200w Silverstone 
Case
what case? 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 7325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriztoffer View Post
Holy! Ira that looks really awesome. Overclock.net foam insulation?

Really nice work on the V-REG Heat sink, tried it out yet? I've been looking around for a water block for the V-REG for my commando..But no luck yet.

At least I'm pretty much decided I'm not going for any expensive 775 MoBo's anymore, then I care to much about them. So next MoBo will be a cheap one that I can solder and modify so much I want without burning my pockets

Can't wait for the result Ira!

We're getting some awesome pictures in this thread! I've been missing something like this on OCN. I've only seen a pot gallery, but most of them never in action and mounted up on the motherboards
That decal had "The Pursuit of Performance" under it in small letters, but I couldn't get them to stick, I have another one that I'll peel them off with a razor blade and put on one at a time, someday..

I don't really think you need much on the v-reg's, I feel of mine all the time and even at high v-core & NB volts they are more or less cool to the touch with those ram sinks with 115 Pana's blowing across them. I think there like ram, the voltage itself kills them before the temp's do as long as you have a fan blowing across them.

That's all you really need, a fairly stable board with a wide open bios and plenty of voltage options, that's why I like DFI so much, no volt mods needed.

Yeah this is a good thread, I like it to!...

EDIT: A few more pic's.







Edited by ira-k - 11/21/09 at 1:47pm
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 4545Mhz*9 w/1.29V DFI DK P45 XFX 8800 GS D9GKX & D9GMH 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
2x Seagate 160 Perp. RD-1 2x Asus Vista Premium Corsair HX 620 
Case
Open Bench 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 4545Mhz*9 w/1.29V DFI DK P45 XFX 8800 GS D9GKX & D9GMH 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
2x Seagate 160 Perp. RD-1 2x Asus Vista Premium Corsair HX 620 
Case
Open Bench 
  hide details  
Reply
post #37 of 7325
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverShocked View Post
Woah awesome!

I call for a sticky!

BTW, im in.
Thanks for the support! I will add more information in the thread OP later.

Really nice work man, is that your classified under the bench? Love your pictures..And that NB extension gives you a lot of space for DICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ira-k View Post
That decal had "The Pursuit of Performance" under it in small letters, but I couldn't get them to stick, I have another one that I'll peel them off with a razor blade and put on one at a time, someday..

I don't really think you need much on the v-reg's, I feel of mine all the time and even at high v-core & NB volts they are more or less cool to the touch with those ram sinks with 115 Pana's blowing across them. I think there like ram, the voltage itself kills them before the temp's do as long as you have a fan blowing across them.

That's all you really need, a fairly stable board with a wide open bios and plenty of voltage options, that's why I like DFI so much, no volt mods needed.

Yeah this is a good thread, I like it to!...

Looked really nice. Like you where sponsored by overclock.net

That's pretty much the truth. But I'm thinking a bit more in this direction.
Cause I've seen people overclocking their ram at very high speed and low low latency with some NB pot cooling their ram. They ran their DDR3 at 2400Mhz at cas latency 8-8-8-24 which is very fast. that could not have been done under air or water. But voltage kills them before heat is truth.

DFI or a Gigabyte will be my next 775 board, I'm probably aiming for a DFI.

I'll try to make the thread better by time. I'm not so experienced yet.

Lovely pictures again Ira!

EDITED: LOL, you fixed that axe with a house clamp.
__________________________________________________ _______________

I know my English is not that good, please correct me. Send me a PM if you spot any bad English in the OP.
Edited by Kriztoffer - 11/21/09 at 4:20pm
Classifried
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeno W3520. Asus Rampage III Extreme. Asus GTX 295 Dual-PCB and HIS 4870x2 Corsair Dominator GT 2000mhz CL8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SATA And IDE.. LG Win 7, XP and Vista SyncMaster 206BW 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Ps2 Corsair AX850 2 Meter longe table for benching. Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
Classifried
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeno W3520. Asus Rampage III Extreme. Asus GTX 295 Dual-PCB and HIS 4870x2 Corsair Dominator GT 2000mhz CL8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SATA And IDE.. LG Win 7, XP and Vista SyncMaster 206BW 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Ps2 Corsair AX850 2 Meter longe table for benching. Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 7325
HAHA, yeah, thats the classified under all of that.

The alu extension for the NB is SOOOoooo... handy. All you do is fill it up with dice once then your done.
Edited by OverShocked - 11/21/09 at 5:37pm
i7
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 @4.5ghz Classified GTX 470 triple SLI 6GB Kingston Hyperx 2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
2x 2TB Samsung 2x3tb Hitachi 5x DVD RW 3x24" 1200w Silverstone 
Case
what case? 
  hide details  
Reply
i7
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 @4.5ghz Classified GTX 470 triple SLI 6GB Kingston Hyperx 2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
2x 2TB Samsung 2x3tb Hitachi 5x DVD RW 3x24" 1200w Silverstone 
Case
what case? 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39 of 7325
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverShocked View Post
HAHA, yeah, thats he classy under all of that.

The alu extension for the NB is SOOOoooo... handy. All you do is fill it up with dice once then your done.


Really nice. I'm going to DICE my Classified up, when I get my 5870.

I was thinking the same lol.
Classifried
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeno W3520. Asus Rampage III Extreme. Asus GTX 295 Dual-PCB and HIS 4870x2 Corsair Dominator GT 2000mhz CL8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SATA And IDE.. LG Win 7, XP and Vista SyncMaster 206BW 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Ps2 Corsair AX850 2 Meter longe table for benching. Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
Classifried
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeno W3520. Asus Rampage III Extreme. Asus GTX 295 Dual-PCB and HIS 4870x2 Corsair Dominator GT 2000mhz CL8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SATA And IDE.. LG Win 7, XP and Vista SyncMaster 206BW 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Ps2 Corsair AX850 2 Meter longe table for benching. Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40 of 7325
Quote:
Looked really nice. Like you where sponsored by overclock.net

That's pretty much the truth. But I'm thinking a bit more in this direction.
Cause I've seen people overclocking their ram at very high speed and low low latency with some NB pot cooling their ram. They ran their DDR3 at 2400Mhz at cas latency 8-8-8-24 which is very fast. that could not have been done under air or water. But voltage kills them before heat is truth.

DFI or a Gigabyte will be my next 775 board, I'm probably aiming for a DFI.

I'll try to make the thread better by time. I'm not so experienced yet.

Lovely pictures again Ira!

EDITED: LOL, you fixed that axe with a house clamp.

Thanks! Yeah that's true, it never hurts to try, if it will get you another 50Mhz in the end it's well worth it....What am I talking about, if it will get another 5Mhz it's worth doing once your topped out..

The threads fine, you English is better then mine......And I was born here, that's the bad part...

Hose clamp's, duct tape and zip-ties hold the universe together......And I have my little corner of it well secured!......

I'll sticky this later on, I just want everyone to put pic's in it first. Once you sticky something no one ever looks at it again...Well almost never, it's seems to become invisible for some reason......I've yet to understand why, it's just one of those strange interwebz things..
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 4545Mhz*9 w/1.29V DFI DK P45 XFX 8800 GS D9GKX & D9GMH 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
2x Seagate 160 Perp. RD-1 2x Asus Vista Premium Corsair HX 620 
Case
Open Bench 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 4545Mhz*9 w/1.29V DFI DK P45 XFX 8800 GS D9GKX & D9GMH 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
2x Seagate 160 Perp. RD-1 2x Asus Vista Premium Corsair HX 620 
Case
Open Bench 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dry Ice/ Liquid Nitrogen
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Specialized Cooling › Dry Ice/ Liquid Nitrogen › Frozen Path. Sub-Zero Cooling Club.