Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Sponsored Builds & Case Mods › [Sponsored] --- r e f l e X i o n ---
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Sponsored] --- r e f l e X i o n --- - Page 45  

post #441 of 1675
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtHop View Post
Hot. You're putting it all on one loop though? What kinda radiator setup do you have?
Two loops.

Loop 1: CPU, NB
Loop 2: 5970-1, 5970-2

Dual DDC pumps w/ XSPC res tops. One of the best performing pump setups at the time that I bought them about 4 months ago. Dual Swiftech 240 radiators, on on each loop.
post #442 of 1675
Okay, that makes more sense. It looked like the CPU block was attached to the 5970, which would be...odd...
Mk. IV
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Extreme 2x Sapphire 7950 DualX 8GB (4x2GB) Corsair XMS3 DDR3-2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Samsung F3 1TB RAID0, 2x Seagate 7200.11 500GB LG Black 22x Corsair H100 Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 46in TV Logitech G19 Corsair AX1200 Corsair 800D 
Mouse PadAudio
Borderlands pad, signed by production team Onkyo 5.1ch surround 
  hide details  
Mk. IV
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Extreme 2x Sapphire 7950 DualX 8GB (4x2GB) Corsair XMS3 DDR3-2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Samsung F3 1TB RAID0, 2x Seagate 7200.11 500GB LG Black 22x Corsair H100 Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 46in TV Logitech G19 Corsair AX1200 Corsair 800D 
Mouse PadAudio
Borderlands pad, signed by production team Onkyo 5.1ch surround 
  hide details  
post #443 of 1675
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtHop View Post
Okay, that makes more sense. It looked like the CPU block was attached to the 5970, which would be...odd...
Nah, that was just for the photo session.
post #444 of 1675
looks awesome man!

do you think a swiftech 240mm rad will be enough to cool the CPU and NB? (it is an I7 x58 right?)

I have a 360mm on mine and it struggles sometimes to keep the CPU nice and chilly...
post #445 of 1675
Alright, good man. What were you using for your chipset block again?
Mk. IV
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Extreme 2x Sapphire 7950 DualX 8GB (4x2GB) Corsair XMS3 DDR3-2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Samsung F3 1TB RAID0, 2x Seagate 7200.11 500GB LG Black 22x Corsair H100 Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 46in TV Logitech G19 Corsair AX1200 Corsair 800D 
Mouse PadAudio
Borderlands pad, signed by production team Onkyo 5.1ch surround 
  hide details  
Mk. IV
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Extreme 2x Sapphire 7950 DualX 8GB (4x2GB) Corsair XMS3 DDR3-2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Samsung F3 1TB RAID0, 2x Seagate 7200.11 500GB LG Black 22x Corsair H100 Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 46in TV Logitech G19 Corsair AX1200 Corsair 800D 
Mouse PadAudio
Borderlands pad, signed by production team Onkyo 5.1ch surround 
  hide details  
post #446 of 1675
Astounding! You are meticulous my friend.
post #447 of 1675
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevingreenbmx View Post
looks awesome man!

do you think a swiftech 240mm rad will be enough to cool the CPU and NB? (it is an I7 x58 right?)
Thanks, Kevin!

Yes, it's an i7/X58. To be blunt, I'll have to be fine with the Swiftech 240, because nothing else will fit in this case in its current design. So if I have to run stronger fans to compensate for the lack of surface area, then that's what I'll have to do. I'm not too picky about noise--at least not on my gaming rig, which this will be.

This pump/res combo that I'm using is very high performance, though, so I may not have a problem even with low performance fans.

I do appreciate your input and feedback, though. I guess when I get to the testing stage, we'll see what's what.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtHop View Post
Alright, good man. What were you using for your chipset block again?
It's the DangerDen X58 block. The exact part name escapes me at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimosabi View Post
Astounding! You are meticulous my friend.
Thanks, kimosabi!
Edited by Xion X2 - 2/3/10 at 10:39am
post #448 of 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2 View Post
Thanks, Kevin!

Yes, it's an i7/X58. To be blunt, I'll have to be fine with the Swiftech 240, because nothing else will fit in this case in its current design. So if I have to run stronger fans to compensate for the lack of surface area, then that's what I'll have to do. I'm not too picky about noise--at least not on my gaming rig, which this will be.

This pump/res combo that I'm using is very high performance, though, so I may not have a problem even with low performance fans.

I do appreciate your input and feedback, though. I guess when I get to the testing stage, we'll see what's what.
alright, makes sense. Are you doing push/pull? I am only doing Push and with low-mid speed fans, so that may be part of my thing.

look foward to seeing your full setup and how it performs. (oh, also, mine is at 4.0ghz with 1.41v, so if you are lucky AT ALL you will have a better chip than me) ;-)
post #449 of 1675
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevingreenbmx View Post
alright, makes sense. Are you doing push/pull? I am only doing Push and with low-mid speed fans, so that may be part of my thing.

look foward to seeing your full setup and how it performs. (oh, also, mine is at 4.0ghz with 1.41v, so if you are lucky AT ALL you will have a better chip than me) ;-)
Hi, Kevin.

Mine is an i7 950 that comes stock at 3.0GHz, so hopefully I won't have to push quite as much voltage to get to 4.

The plan now is to run a pull config for both top and bottom radiators. There's very little room on the roof of the case for radiators/fans, and I don't really want to go cutting up the roof of the case unless I absolutely have to.
post #450 of 1675
1.41 is a bit on the high side, you must be running a C0, no?

Anyhow, if you haven't got a CPU already, I would have to recommend the Nehalem Xeons, they are really great. Binned higher supposedly, and designed to last long in more extreme conditions.
Mk. IV
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Extreme 2x Sapphire 7950 DualX 8GB (4x2GB) Corsair XMS3 DDR3-2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Samsung F3 1TB RAID0, 2x Seagate 7200.11 500GB LG Black 22x Corsair H100 Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 46in TV Logitech G19 Corsair AX1200 Corsair 800D 
Mouse PadAudio
Borderlands pad, signed by production team Onkyo 5.1ch surround 
  hide details  
Mk. IV
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Extreme 2x Sapphire 7950 DualX 8GB (4x2GB) Corsair XMS3 DDR3-2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Samsung F3 1TB RAID0, 2x Seagate 7200.11 500GB LG Black 22x Corsair H100 Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 46in TV Logitech G19 Corsair AX1200 Corsair 800D 
Mouse PadAudio
Borderlands pad, signed by production team Onkyo 5.1ch surround 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsored Builds & Case Mods
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Sponsored Builds & Case Mods › [Sponsored] --- r e f l e X i o n ---