Originally Posted by navit
did it still have the lack of fan control? i am really just trying to see if all 5970's are having this problem or is there a pattern to it, also people could have bought one, opened it, saw it would not fit or thier psu would not cut it, or the fan problem was there and returned it. if thats the case the store should have been selling it as a openbox with a discount, sounds a little shady to me
to be honest i am getting a little nervous about what i will be getting, i mean really nervous!!!!!!!!!
According to Sapphire tech support, ALL 5970 cards shipped with this flawed BIOS. They could be lying, but what for? Sent me the new BIOS the next day, easy to flash:
1. quick format usb flash drive.
2. copy flash files to usb flash drive.
3. reboot, go to bios and set usb flash drive as first boot device.
4. save and exit, when it completes the post, you will get a command prompt.
5. type the word flash at the command prompt, press enter.
Easy huh? Don't worry about it