Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [CW] Intel: Chips in brains will control computers by 2020
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[CW] Intel: Chips in brains will control computers by 2020 - Page 10

post #91 of 126
My brain is run on Intel's Atom CPU, running at 1.6GHz.
post #92 of 126
8 pages and no1 noticed how much mis-information is given in this article.
intel Is not talking about chip's in brains, they simply say they will create devices(external) that will understand brain waves.
I also think that the article author didn't quite fully understand what he was writing about, hence the flashy title.
Main PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k @ 5Ghz ASRock Extreme4 Gen3 EVGA GTX 580 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel 510 SSD ; 2x2TB WD RE4 W7 x64 Samsung BX2450 Corsair AX850 
Case
Corsair 800D 
  hide details  
Reply
Main PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k @ 5Ghz ASRock Extreme4 Gen3 EVGA GTX 580 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel 510 SSD ; 2x2TB WD RE4 W7 x64 Samsung BX2450 Corsair AX850 
Case
Corsair 800D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #93 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by NirXY View Post
8 pages and no1 noticed how much mis-information is given in this article.
intel Is not talking about chip's in brains, they simply say they will create devices(external) that will understand brain waves.
I also think that the article author didn't quite fully understand what he was writing about, hence the flashy title.
...which has already been done

but, knowing intel, they will do it better, and i already want one, so much. just integrate it with my headphones? lol
T3h_Fap_Machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.2GHz FFFFF Gigabyte EP45-UD3P HD5770 1GB 2x2GB Corsair Dominator 1066MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB + WD 3200AAKS LG Super multi something Windows 7 Home Premium x64 BenQ 22" 1080p 40000DCR 5ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
crappy gigabyte 430W Antec Truepower Trio CM 690 (modded) Razer Diamondback 3G Flame Red 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Omega Speed Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
T3h_Fap_Machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.2GHz FFFFF Gigabyte EP45-UD3P HD5770 1GB 2x2GB Corsair Dominator 1066MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB + WD 3200AAKS LG Super multi something Windows 7 Home Premium x64 BenQ 22" 1080p 40000DCR 5ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
crappy gigabyte 430W Antec Truepower Trio CM 690 (modded) Razer Diamondback 3G Flame Red 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Omega Speed Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #94 of 126
I don't think a lot will happen in only 10 years. technology moves forward way to slow for this brain thing to happen. imo. still cool though
Darth Voltage
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 950 @ 4.2GHz. 1.384v/1.328v (idle/load) Asus P6X58D-E XFX 5850 (non ref.) @ 925 MHz/1245 MHz 1.225 vGPU G.Skill PI 8GB PC3-16000U CL6 @ 1830 MHz CL6 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 (120GB) Pioneer BDR-205 (Firmware v. 1.10) Windows 7 x64 SyncMaster 2693HM (25.5") 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech diNovo Edge Corsair AX850 Cooler Master Cosmos S Logitech G7 
Mouse Pad
Func Surface1030 Archetype 
  hide details  
Reply
Darth Voltage
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 950 @ 4.2GHz. 1.384v/1.328v (idle/load) Asus P6X58D-E XFX 5850 (non ref.) @ 925 MHz/1245 MHz 1.225 vGPU G.Skill PI 8GB PC3-16000U CL6 @ 1830 MHz CL6 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 (120GB) Pioneer BDR-205 (Firmware v. 1.10) Windows 7 x64 SyncMaster 2693HM (25.5") 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech diNovo Edge Corsair AX850 Cooler Master Cosmos S Logitech G7 
Mouse Pad
Func Surface1030 Archetype 
  hide details  
Reply
post #95 of 126
This wil NOT be funny.. What will happen if we get ads in our brains..?
Core i5
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5-750 Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3 Asus GTS250 TOP Black Night 4GB OCZ Gold 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x Corsair SSD Extreme X32 (RAID0) Samsung DVDRW 22x Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung 2232BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Cooler Master Real Power M700 Cooler Master CM690 Logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
N/A 
  hide details  
Reply
Core i5
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5-750 Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3 Asus GTS250 TOP Black Night 4GB OCZ Gold 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x Corsair SSD Extreme X32 (RAID0) Samsung DVDRW 22x Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung 2232BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Cooler Master Real Power M700 Cooler Master CM690 Logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
N/A 
  hide details  
Reply
post #96 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenRK View Post
My brain is run on Intel's Atom CPU, running at 1.6GHz.
Actually your brain is more powerful then any computer chip on the planet, and it uses less power

the technology that will be used with our brains wont actually be CPUs, but they will just be a transmitter (wireless technology basically) so we can send our brain waves to the computer

I am sure for safety reasons they wont let them receive any signals


I honestly don't see how this can work, since we can't really control what we are thinking, and the computer wont be able to determine thoughts from commands, it's bad enough using a computer with a keyboard and mouse (for a average user that is) i can't imagine how it would act with thoughts
Edited by Willage - 12/1/09 at 2:49am
post #97 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willage View Post
I honestly don't see how this can work, since we can't really control what we are thinking, and the computer wont be able to determine thoughts from commands, it's bad enough using a computer with a keyboard and mouse (for a average user that is) i can't imagine how it would act with thoughts
Yeah, I can just see people getting fired left and right at work over this.

You're heading up a conference, controlling the projector with your brain, and your mind wanders to... well... a popular video site that rhymes with YouCorn, and it pops up and plays your favorite video.
Old and New
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 MSI P55-GD65 2x Sapphire 5770 1GB A-DATA 8GB (4x2) DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
B2x WD Caviar Black 640G [RAID] LG DL DVDRW Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Samsung 223BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G11 Corsair TX 750 Cosmos 1000 MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
Old and New
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 MSI P55-GD65 2x Sapphire 5770 1GB A-DATA 8GB (4x2) DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
B2x WD Caviar Black 640G [RAID] LG DL DVDRW Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Samsung 223BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G11 Corsair TX 750 Cosmos 1000 MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #98 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Bum View Post
So can we overclock our brains?
Up the voltage, enjoy the sensation.
Primary desktop
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 940 @ 3.6 GHz GA-MA790X-UD4P XFX 260GTX (216SP) OC @ 673/1101/1451 Corsair XMS2 DHX PC2-6400 (4GB) w\ 5-5-5-18\900MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.5TB Seagate Terracuda LG GGC-H20N Windows XP SP3 24'' Optiquest LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 (2nd generation) 850W Powercool 80+ Quad 12v Rail Akasa Zen (White) Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
SteelSeries QCK+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Primary desktop
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 940 @ 3.6 GHz GA-MA790X-UD4P XFX 260GTX (216SP) OC @ 673/1101/1451 Corsair XMS2 DHX PC2-6400 (4GB) w\ 5-5-5-18\900MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.5TB Seagate Terracuda LG GGC-H20N Windows XP SP3 24'' Optiquest LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 (2nd generation) 850W Powercool 80+ Quad 12v Rail Akasa Zen (White) Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
SteelSeries QCK+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #99 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willage View Post
Actually your brain is more powerful then any computer chip on the planet, and it uses less power

the technology that will be used with our brains wont actually be CPUs, but they will just be a transmitter (wireless technology basically) so we can send our brain waves to the computer

I am sure for safety reasons they wont let them receive any signals


I honestly don't see how this can work, since we can't really control what we are thinking, and the computer wont be able to determine thoughts from commands, it's bad enough using a computer with a keyboard and mouse (for a average user that is) i can't imagine how it would act with thoughts
depends. I'd love to see a brain calculate a million decimals of pi in less than 10 seconds. But in some ways, you are quite right.
T3h_Fap_Machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.2GHz FFFFF Gigabyte EP45-UD3P HD5770 1GB 2x2GB Corsair Dominator 1066MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB + WD 3200AAKS LG Super multi something Windows 7 Home Premium x64 BenQ 22" 1080p 40000DCR 5ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
crappy gigabyte 430W Antec Truepower Trio CM 690 (modded) Razer Diamondback 3G Flame Red 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Omega Speed Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
T3h_Fap_Machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.2GHz FFFFF Gigabyte EP45-UD3P HD5770 1GB 2x2GB Corsair Dominator 1066MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB + WD 3200AAKS LG Super multi something Windows 7 Home Premium x64 BenQ 22" 1080p 40000DCR 5ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
crappy gigabyte 430W Antec Truepower Trio CM 690 (modded) Razer Diamondback 3G Flame Red 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Omega Speed Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #100 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3h_Ch33z_Muncha View Post
depends. I'd love to see a brain calculate a million decimals of pi in less than 10 seconds. But in some ways, you are quite right.
haha i didn't mean number crunching power, just with everything else
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [CW] Intel: Chips in brains will control computers by 2020