Overclock.net › Forums › Volt Mods › General Volt Mods › OCN's V'mod Squad's, Volt Mod Essentials!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OCN's V'mod Squad's, Volt Mod Essentials! - Page 57

post #561 of 1500
Hey guy's
I'm desperate with my HD4890 XFX ZDFC V1.0 no reference PCB BLACK
overclocks instable above 900Mhz on GPU
http://www.overclock.net/attachments...n-dsc00506.jpg

Anyone know any PEncil mod to more clock on GPU?!
This model allows you to change the voltage on the RBE! But need much volt for mhz!!
Layout of PCB looks like diferent of model ZDHL !
Edited by lbassa - 2/7/10 at 4:37pm
post #562 of 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltage_Drop View Post
Its hard to say, it all depends on your particular card. I would set the fan to 80-100% if you can stand the noise and value the life of your card while having it OC'ed and Vmodded(atleast until you get a better cooler). You could probably get somewhat better temps by taking off the factory heatsink and blowing the air out and reseating it with some good quality thermal paste.
well there isnt like particular pattern on how higher volts make urs temps high? like for me on my cpu there is a pattern, so im just wondering if there was one for graphic cards. because looking at some of the temps on the 4850's to 4890's as long as it is 85 C and under on load it seems fine O.o
post #563 of 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbassa View Post
Hey guy's
I'm desperate with my HD4890 XFX ZDFC V1.0 no reference PCB BLACK
overclocks instable above 900Mhz on GPU
http://www.overclock.net/attachments...n-dsc00506.jpg

Anyone know any PEncil mod to more clock on GPU?!
This model allows you to change the voltage on the RBE! But need much volt for mhz!!
Layout of PCB looks like diferent of model ZDHL !
if u could change voltages on the RBE why would u use a pencil mod.... that doesnt make sense O.o people pencil mod because they cant change volts... for you, u could just change ur volts so yeah... but we need a pencil/hard mod because we CANNOT O.O
Edited by kpopsaranghae - 2/7/10 at 4:52pm
post #564 of 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltage_Drop View Post
Its hard to say, it all depends on your particular card. I would set the fan to 80-100% if you can stand the noise and value the life of your card while having it OC'ed and Vmodded(atleast until you get a better cooler). You could probably get somewhat better temps by taking off the factory heatsink and blowing the air out and reseating it with some good quality thermal paste.
I actually changed the TIM with Arctic Sliver and it didn't do anything. The factory TIM that was in there was already silver in color, so maybe they use good TIM from the get go?

For the fan, I used MSI After Burner and just made a custom curve so that when not gaming or anything, the fan runs around 45%. Then when it heats up a little the fan increases the hotter it gets. If it hits 80c, it'll spin at 100%.
post #565 of 1500
Great thread with a lot of good info!
Classifried
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeno W3520. Asus Rampage III Extreme. Asus GTX 295 Dual-PCB and HIS 4870x2 Corsair Dominator GT 2000mhz CL8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SATA And IDE.. LG Win 7, XP and Vista SyncMaster 206BW 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Ps2 Corsair AX850 2 Meter longe table for benching. Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
Classifried
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeno W3520. Asus Rampage III Extreme. Asus GTX 295 Dual-PCB and HIS 4870x2 Corsair Dominator GT 2000mhz CL8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SATA And IDE.. LG Win 7, XP and Vista SyncMaster 206BW 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Ps2 Corsair AX850 2 Meter longe table for benching. Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #566 of 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanglx302 View Post
I actually changed the TIM with Arctic Sliver and it didn't do anything. The factory TIM that was in there was already silver in color, so maybe they use good TIM from the get go?

For the fan, I used MSI After Burner and just made a custom curve so that when not gaming or anything, the fan runs around 45%. Then when it heats up a little the fan increases the hotter it gets. If it hits 80c, it'll spin at 100%.
when u game ur 4890 actually hits 80 C or is that just a precaution O.o cuz even when i play crysis it only hits like 72-73 O.o
post #567 of 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpopsaranghae View Post
if u could change voltages on the RBE why would u use a pencil mod.... that doesnt make sense O.o people pencil mod because they cant change volts... for you, u could just change ur volts so yeah... but we need a pencil/hard mod because we CANNOT O.O
In another post the user superj1977 with HD4890 ZDHL + Pencil make 1Ghz on GPU

I can not 940Mhz whith 1.4v on GPU
post #568 of 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbassa View Post
In another post the user superj1977 with HD4890 ZDHL + Pencil make 1Ghz on GPU

I can not 940Mhz whith 1.4v on GPU
is that 1.4 V on idle or load O.o cuz on load that isnt much more, like maybe .02 V more. but if that is at idle, then ur in trouble O.o
post #569 of 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpopsaranghae View Post
when u game ur 4890 actually hits 80 C or is that just a precaution O.o cuz even when i play crysis it only hits like 72-73 O.o
Just a precaution. I don't think it hits 80c. I just set that as the point to spin the fan at 100%. So, if it hits 72c, it's probably spinning at like 90%.
post #570 of 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpopsaranghae View Post
is that 1.4 V on idle or load O.o cuz on load that isnt much more, like maybe .02 V more. but if that is at idle, then ur in trouble O.o
I try 1.425 in GPUTool to 1Ghz on GPU no sucess
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Volt Mods
Overclock.net › Forums › Volt Mods › General Volt Mods › OCN's V'mod Squad's, Volt Mod Essentials!