Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Overclocking 6800GS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Overclocking 6800GS

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
Hey Ya'll!
I am about to overclock my XFX 6800GS. I was wondering what are some save speeds without pushing it to far! Stock its 485/1100. My 3dMark05 scorer is 5657. I sort of want to break the 6K hehe. Do you guys think that is possible? Also 5657 is that a little to low for me 6800GS?
post #2 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaCeR123
Hey Ya'll!
I am about to overclock my XFX 6800GS. I was wondering what are some save speeds without pushing it to far! Stock its 485/1100. My 3dMark05 scorer is 5657. I sort of want to break the 6K hehe. Do you guys think that is possible? Also 5657 is that a little to low for me 6800GS?
Just keep upping the speed until it begins to artifact. ATI Tool 0.25 can do the o/c for you and stress test at the same time. Very unlikely you could damage a card by sensible overclocking as they will thermal throttle if too hot.
Clevo P170HM
(6 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 2760QM HD 6990m Samsung 1333mhz Crucial M4 SSD 
Hard DriveOS
Western Digital Black 500gb Windows 7 64 Bit 
  hide details  
Reply
Clevo P170HM
(6 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 2760QM HD 6990m Samsung 1333mhz Crucial M4 SSD 
Hard DriveOS
Western Digital Black 500gb Windows 7 64 Bit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 17
Thread Starter 
Thanks I will try that in a minute. Also I heard that the best performance drivers are the Xg drivers anyone know where to get that? Or whats the best one out there? Also how much image quality would I lose? thanks
post #4 of 17
Thread Starter 
K i just installed ATI Tool. and i am wondering what to do hehe. I have 6 sliders split into 3 categories. I know somewhat what to do but i Just want to make sure. Also it says that my memory is 550. but I have 1100. do I just X2 ? And which slider should i move the last 2 ones? or select link a sliders together. And then after I am done with settings my speeds click on search for artifacts?
post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaCeR123
K i just installed ATI Tool. and i am wondering what to do hehe. I have 6 sliders split into 3 categories. I know somewhat what to do but i Just want to make sure. Also it says that my memory is 550. but I have 1100. do I just X2 ? And which slider should i move the last 2 ones? or select link a sliders together. And then after I am done with settings my speeds click on search for artifacts?
Yep, memory is DDR so x2 for effective speed.
Just click find max core and max memory and let each test run artifact free for between 30 and 60 mins, then you're good to game
Clevo P170HM
(6 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 2760QM HD 6990m Samsung 1333mhz Crucial M4 SSD 
Hard DriveOS
Western Digital Black 500gb Windows 7 64 Bit 
  hide details  
Reply
Clevo P170HM
(6 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 2760QM HD 6990m Samsung 1333mhz Crucial M4 SSD 
Hard DriveOS
Western Digital Black 500gb Windows 7 64 Bit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 17
Thread Starter 
I just ran the Artifacting test and i shut it down after about 45 minutes. well when i stopped it my windows looked all messed up and i had to restart in order to get it to work again. now I am back at default speed. any know what the problem might be?
post #7 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaCeR123
I just ran the Artifacting test and i shut it down after about 45 minutes. well when i stopped it my windows looked all messed up and i had to restart in order to get it to work again. now I am back at default speed. any know what the problem might be?
It probably just ran a bit too high. If you manually set the 3D clocks to just below when the problem occured hopefully that will sort it out.
Clevo P170HM
(6 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 2760QM HD 6990m Samsung 1333mhz Crucial M4 SSD 
Hard DriveOS
Western Digital Black 500gb Windows 7 64 Bit 
  hide details  
Reply
Clevo P170HM
(6 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 2760QM HD 6990m Samsung 1333mhz Crucial M4 SSD 
Hard DriveOS
Western Digital Black 500gb Windows 7 64 Bit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 17
Thread Starter 
k i just ran 3dmark05 and broke the 6k i am gonna lower it a little tho because the card is getting a little bit hot.
post #9 of 17
Hi guys i'm kinda new in this forum but nwyz i have the same video card and i would like to OC it and i guess my question is how should i do it.
I have no idea to how to do it and plus i just build a new pc because i got tired of the old hp pc that i had.
let me know thanks
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
AMD 64 ATHLON X2 3800+ ASUS A8N-E XP HOME cheap one 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MICROSOFT 550 W SAMURAI MICROSOFT 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
AMD 64 ATHLON X2 3800+ ASUS A8N-E XP HOME cheap one 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MICROSOFT 550 W SAMURAI MICROSOFT 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer03
Hi guys i'm kinda new in this forum but nwyz i have the same video card and i would like to OC it and i guess my question is how should i do it.
I have no idea to how to do it and plus i just build a new pc because i got tired of the old hp pc that i had.
let me know thanks
Just follow the posts above, all the info you need is there.
Clevo P170HM
(6 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 2760QM HD 6990m Samsung 1333mhz Crucial M4 SSD 
Hard DriveOS
Western Digital Black 500gb Windows 7 64 Bit 
  hide details  
Reply
Clevo P170HM
(6 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 2760QM HD 6990m Samsung 1333mhz Crucial M4 SSD 
Hard DriveOS
Western Digital Black 500gb Windows 7 64 Bit 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Overclocking 6800GS