Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Multiple Monitors Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multiple Monitors Club - Page 17

post #161 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_man View Post
No it won't. However, you won't be able to really use the desktop while gaming. Mainly have chat clients/email open, and you still have to alt+tab out of the game.

OP, also, I've been running trip screens for a bit now
I was reading that I could command line windowed mode through target links/exe's. Like for BF2roject Reality, my target line would need to have at the end "+fullscreen 0 +szx 1440 +szy 900". Then through the control panel I would just need to assign the application to what screen I want it to snap to. So I would have the full res in windowed mode snapped to monitor 1.

A little googling and I think I can get the few games I have to play in windowed mode, at full single monitor resolution, snapped to any monitor available. I was reading a little about that. With this config, you only have to Ctl+ALT to desktop, but when you click on the second monitor it wont go back into your game. I had that problem before, until I did a bit of reading. I only had dual monitors set up for a little bit(couple days), on a 9800GTX. I didn't try any gaming during that time to check performance. I was using the setup for audio and video editing.
Edited by PDXMark - 9/25/10 at 2:24pm
post #162 of 367
K... I finally could take a better picture....



EDIT: Why does flash mess up my USB glitter lamp? It's very bright IRL. It changes colors slowly. Why does it look like that with flash? Well... You have to use flash when it's 0:38... lol.....

EDIT2: Lol, my mouse pad is bigger than the second screen.... And I'm a fingertip gripper.... lol
Edited by De-Zant - 9/25/10 at 2:44pm
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #163 of 367
I guess I should show mine off. I removed the bezels and I have had a much nicer experience. Before when I was gaming, as hard as I tried I would notice the black bezels and it would really interfere with the whole experience. Now since there are no bezels, there is less of a gap between monitors and the metal is much less obtrusive than the black plastic and I pretty much never notice that I have multiple monitors when gaming. 4800x1200 is very nice.



This is what it looked like before.

i7 monsta
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.2GHz] [1.325V] ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 2x XFX 5870 [1000/1250] G.Skill 3x2GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
X25-M 80GB, 320GB WD Scorpio Black Vista x64 2007FP-3007WFP-2007FP-1080p 32" OCN Ducky Brown 
PowerCaseMouse
Silverstone ST85F-P whiteOut G9 
  hide details  
Reply
i7 monsta
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.2GHz] [1.325V] ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 2x XFX 5870 [1000/1250] G.Skill 3x2GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
X25-M 80GB, 320GB WD Scorpio Black Vista x64 2007FP-3007WFP-2007FP-1080p 32" OCN Ducky Brown 
PowerCaseMouse
Silverstone ST85F-P whiteOut G9 
  hide details  
Reply
post #164 of 367
You removed the bezels? That's awesome.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Duo e8400 @ 4.2Ghz 1.37v eVGA Nforce 780i GTX465 + 9600gt Mushkin 4 Gigz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1TB WD Black, Seagate 250GB + 400GB WD external ASUS VW266H ~ 26" 1200p MS X6 Sidewinder 
PowerCaseMouse Pad
OCZ GameXStream 700W CM Stacker Hustler mag 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Duo e8400 @ 4.2Ghz 1.37v eVGA Nforce 780i GTX465 + 9600gt Mushkin 4 Gigz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1TB WD Black, Seagate 250GB + 400GB WD external ASUS VW266H ~ 26" 1200p MS X6 Sidewinder 
PowerCaseMouse Pad
OCZ GameXStream 700W CM Stacker Hustler mag 
  hide details  
Reply
post #165 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinji2k View Post
Stuff
If you can portrait those monitors, try it. If I had an eyefinity/surround setup with NON WIDESCREEN monitors, I would portrait them. Think about it, 3200x1600. EYEGASM. I wouldn't portrait widescreens, I would lose too much width.

OT: Very sleek setup. Have you thought of getting a slightly smaller mouse pad? Or you could just put the monitors slightly further away. I wouldn't keep my mouse pad on top of the monitors...
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #166 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPER PISSED View Post
You removed the bezels? That's awesome.
Hehe, I wasn't the first though.



Quote:
Originally Posted by De-Zant View Post
If you can portrait those monitors, try it. If I had an eyefinity/surround setup with NON WIDESCREEN monitors, I would portrait them. Think about it, 3200x1600. EYEGASM. I wouldn't portrait widescreens, I would lose too much width.

OT: Very sleek setup. Have you thought of getting a slightly smaller mouse pad? Or you could just put the monitors slightly further away. I wouldn't keep my mouse pad on top of the monitors...
I'm eager to try them in portrait but I would need a triple monitor stand. The bezels were important to mounting the monitors and this is they only way I can do it at the moment. As for the mouse pad, I just quickly organized my desk for a picture, it's usually a couple inches more to the left and not on top of the monitor stand.
Edited by shinji2k - 9/25/10 at 2:53pm
i7 monsta
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.2GHz] [1.325V] ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 2x XFX 5870 [1000/1250] G.Skill 3x2GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
X25-M 80GB, 320GB WD Scorpio Black Vista x64 2007FP-3007WFP-2007FP-1080p 32" OCN Ducky Brown 
PowerCaseMouse
Silverstone ST85F-P whiteOut G9 
  hide details  
Reply
i7 monsta
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.2GHz] [1.325V] ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 2x XFX 5870 [1000/1250] G.Skill 3x2GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
X25-M 80GB, 320GB WD Scorpio Black Vista x64 2007FP-3007WFP-2007FP-1080p 32" OCN Ducky Brown 
PowerCaseMouse
Silverstone ST85F-P whiteOut G9 
  hide details  
Reply
post #167 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXMark View Post
I was reading that I could command line windowed mode through target links/exe's. Like for BF2roject Reality, my target line would need to have at the end "+fullscreen 0 +szx 1440 +szy 900". Then through the control panel I would just need to assign the application to what screen I want it to snap to. So I would have the full res in windowed mode snapped to monitor 1.

A little googling and I think I can get the few games I have to play in windowed mode, at full single monitor resolution, snapped to any monitor available. I was reading a little about that. With this config, you only have to Ctl+ALT to desktop, but when you click on the second monitor it wont go back into your game. I had that problem before, until I did a bit of reading. I only had dual monitors set up for a little bit(couple days), on a 9800GTX. I didn't try any gaming during that time to check performance. I was using the setup for audio and video editing.
ctrl+alt? I have never heard of that combo. Interesting, even with windowed mode, I always heard you have to alt tab (and have had to do it myself) because of the mouse being stuck in game. What does Ctrl+alt do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinji2k View Post
I guess I should show mine off. I removed the bezels and I have had a much nicer experience. Before when I was gaming, as hard as I tried I would notice the black bezels and it would really interfere with the whole experience. Now since there are no bezels, there is less of a gap between monitors and the metal is much less obtrusive than the black plastic and I pretty much never notice that I have multiple monitors when gaming. 4800x1200 is very nice.
I have the exact same monitors, except with bezels Got to say, I love them. Portrait is amazing!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom IIx4 955 @3.2ghz 1.285V Asus M4A79XTD EVO 6950 @ 850/1250 4x2GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 1Tb + Seagate 1.5Tb Samsung super speed Windows 7 Pro(games)/Linux Mint 10 (not games) LP2065 + 2x 2007FPb in IPS Eyefinity 4800*1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wave Corsair HX620 Azza Solano 1000 Logitech MX revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom IIx4 955 @3.2ghz 1.285V Asus M4A79XTD EVO 6950 @ 850/1250 4x2GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 1Tb + Seagate 1.5Tb Samsung super speed Windows 7 Pro(games)/Linux Mint 10 (not games) LP2065 + 2x 2007FPb in IPS Eyefinity 4800*1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wave Corsair HX620 Azza Solano 1000 Logitech MX revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
post #168 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_man View Post
ctrl+alt? I have never heard of that combo. Interesting, even with windowed mode, I always heard you have to alt tab (and have had to do it myself) because of the mouse being stuck in game. What does Ctrl+alt do?



I have the exact same monitors, except with bezels Got to say, I love them. Portrait is amazing!
I got mine for about $100 each. Considering they are S-IPS panels it's amazing how cheap you can pick them up now-a-days. If Eyefinity ever supports 5x1 I will be getting a couple more.
i7 monsta
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.2GHz] [1.325V] ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 2x XFX 5870 [1000/1250] G.Skill 3x2GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
X25-M 80GB, 320GB WD Scorpio Black Vista x64 2007FP-3007WFP-2007FP-1080p 32" OCN Ducky Brown 
PowerCaseMouse
Silverstone ST85F-P whiteOut G9 
  hide details  
Reply
i7 monsta
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.2GHz] [1.325V] ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 2x XFX 5870 [1000/1250] G.Skill 3x2GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
X25-M 80GB, 320GB WD Scorpio Black Vista x64 2007FP-3007WFP-2007FP-1080p 32" OCN Ducky Brown 
PowerCaseMouse
Silverstone ST85F-P whiteOut G9 
  hide details  
Reply
post #169 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinji2k View Post
I got mine for about $100 each. Considering they are S-IPS panels it's amazing how cheap you can pick them up now-a-days. If Eyefinity ever supports 5x1 I will be getting a couple more.
I usually seem them about $135 Shipped on Ebay.
Test Bed
(24 items)
 
TTTbox
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 3570K  Biostar TZ774XE Power Color AX5770 1GB 4x4GB 1866Mhz 9-10-9-27-2T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Western Digital Green 2TB Samsung Spinpoint M4 500GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Intel X-25M G2 80GB Lite-On BluRay Drive Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2212HM Deck Legend Frost Tactile Silverstone Strider Plus 750w Custom Acrylic Test Bed 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G500 Cooler Master Storm Tactics FPS Beyer Dynamics DT-990 600ohm Samson MediaOne 3A 
AudioAudioOtherOther
FiiO E09k QOGIR FiiO E17 ALPEN Microsoft Lifecam Studio Blue Yeti Pro Microphone 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A10-A5800K ASRock FM2A85X-ITX Radeon HD7770 1GB 2x8GB 1866mhz C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SanDisk Ultra Plus 128GB 2TB 5400 RPM  24x DVD Drive Noctua L9A 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium 32" IPS TV Logitech K400 Seasonic G360 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced Logitech K400 Trackpad Custom 2.1 Home Theater Setup 
  hide details  
Reply
Test Bed
(24 items)
 
TTTbox
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 3570K  Biostar TZ774XE Power Color AX5770 1GB 4x4GB 1866Mhz 9-10-9-27-2T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Western Digital Green 2TB Samsung Spinpoint M4 500GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Intel X-25M G2 80GB Lite-On BluRay Drive Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2212HM Deck Legend Frost Tactile Silverstone Strider Plus 750w Custom Acrylic Test Bed 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G500 Cooler Master Storm Tactics FPS Beyer Dynamics DT-990 600ohm Samson MediaOne 3A 
AudioAudioOtherOther
FiiO E09k QOGIR FiiO E17 ALPEN Microsoft Lifecam Studio Blue Yeti Pro Microphone 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A10-A5800K ASRock FM2A85X-ITX Radeon HD7770 1GB 2x8GB 1866mhz C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SanDisk Ultra Plus 128GB 2TB 5400 RPM  24x DVD Drive Noctua L9A 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium 32" IPS TV Logitech K400 Seasonic G360 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced Logitech K400 Trackpad Custom 2.1 Home Theater Setup 
  hide details  
Reply
post #170 of 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tator Tot View Post
I usually seem them about $135 Shipped on Ebay.
Yup, there are tons of factory refurbs floating around.
i7 monsta
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.2GHz] [1.325V] ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 2x XFX 5870 [1000/1250] G.Skill 3x2GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
X25-M 80GB, 320GB WD Scorpio Black Vista x64 2007FP-3007WFP-2007FP-1080p 32" OCN Ducky Brown 
PowerCaseMouse
Silverstone ST85F-P whiteOut G9 
  hide details  
Reply
i7 monsta
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.2GHz] [1.325V] ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 2x XFX 5870 [1000/1250] G.Skill 3x2GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
X25-M 80GB, 320GB WD Scorpio Black Vista x64 2007FP-3007WFP-2007FP-1080p 32" OCN Ducky Brown 
PowerCaseMouse
Silverstone ST85F-P whiteOut G9 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Multiple Monitors Club