Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus/EVO Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus/EVO Club - Page 514

post #5131 of 6664
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggdev View Post

Cool, thanks!
I'm about to order the MB, Ram, and CPU +cooler once my bank decides to make my deposit available.
Can't wait!
EDIT:
Just ordered everything, and Newegg was nice enough to buy me 2 fans for my CPU Cooler, which would you recommend?

Nice! What CPU are you going to use?

If you want to replace the fan on the 212 EVO (the stock fan is pretty good though), I would personally take a nice set of those Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition fans. Nice and quiet while they perform quite well at the same time (they perform somewhat less than the performance editions but these are rather loud). Also, I think they look great and I hear nothing but good stories about them. There's a lot of different opinions on fans though (and it's also a somewhat personal choice), so maybe someone else here has a different view on the matter.

Please note that most of the people here did not notice much difference of push pull vs. a single fan. Maybe a couple of degrees (3-5).
Main rig
(15 items)
 
Spare rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770K Asus Sabertooth Z87 2X EVGA 1080 FE SLI Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2X Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 3TB Crucial M500 960GB SSD LiteOn iHBS112 BD-RE Corsair H100i w/ 2X Noctua NF-F12 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro LG 34UM95-P Realforce 87U Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudio
In Win Tòu Logitech G502 Asus Xonar DGX 
  hide details  
Reply
Main rig
(15 items)
 
Spare rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770K Asus Sabertooth Z87 2X EVGA 1080 FE SLI Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2X Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 3TB Crucial M500 960GB SSD LiteOn iHBS112 BD-RE Corsair H100i w/ 2X Noctua NF-F12 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro LG 34UM95-P Realforce 87U Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudio
In Win Tòu Logitech G502 Asus Xonar DGX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5132 of 6664
Quote:
Originally Posted by keesgelder View Post

Nice! What CPU are you going to use?
If you want to replace the fan on the 212 EVO (the stock fan is pretty good though), I would personally take a nice set of those Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition fans. Nice and quiet while they perform quite well at the same time (they perform somewhat less than the performance editions but these are rather loud). Also, I think they look great and I hear nothing but good stories about them. There's a lot of different opinions on fans though (and it's also a somewhat personal choice), so maybe someone else here has a different view on the matter.
Please note that most of the people here did not notice much difference of push pull vs. a single fan. Maybe a couple of degrees (3-5).

Well, I wasn't planning on getting push/pull, but I got that gift card lol.
I'm getting an IB 3570k

I'm thinking these.
Edited by triggdev - 11/21/12 at 3:39pm
post #5133 of 6664
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggdev View Post

Well, I wasn't planning on getting push/pull, but I got that gift card lol.
I'm getting an IB 3570k
I'm thinking these.

Don't go for AF (airflow) because on a heat-sink / radiator you want static pressure (SP).
Need a doctor??
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5-3570k Asus P8P67 Pro Asus GeForce GTX 460 Palit GeForce 9500GT 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX 2x2GB DDR3 1600 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 Samsung SH-S223C Cooler Master Hyper 212X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 LG E2350T SteelSeries 7G FSP Aurum Gold 600W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
X5 Raynor Tower G1 Razer Abyssus Razer Sphex Audio-Technica ATH-M50 
Audio
Edifier M3300SF 
  hide details  
Reply
Need a doctor??
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5-3570k Asus P8P67 Pro Asus GeForce GTX 460 Palit GeForce 9500GT 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX 2x2GB DDR3 1600 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 Samsung SH-S223C Cooler Master Hyper 212X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 LG E2350T SteelSeries 7G FSP Aurum Gold 600W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
X5 Raynor Tower G1 Razer Abyssus Razer Sphex Audio-Technica ATH-M50 
Audio
Edifier M3300SF 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5134 of 6664
also get the performance editions unless you dont plan on overclocking. the quiet editions leave you wanting more
Montage mkIII
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA 980Ti Classified Corsair 16GB DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 240GB EVO 850 Samsung 128GB EVO 830 Samsung 1TB EVO 850 CM 212EVO  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win10 Dell U2713HM Logitech 810 EVGA Supernova 750W P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 450D Razer Deathadder Steelpad QcK Audioengine D1 
Audio
Audio-technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
Montage mkIII
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA 980Ti Classified Corsair 16GB DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 240GB EVO 850 Samsung 128GB EVO 830 Samsung 1TB EVO 850 CM 212EVO  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win10 Dell U2713HM Logitech 810 EVGA Supernova 750W P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 450D Razer Deathadder Steelpad QcK Audioengine D1 
Audio
Audio-technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5135 of 6664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaled G View Post

1 mm difference.
212 EVO: 120x80x159
NH-D14:160x140x158
212 EVO
NH-D14

Thank you so much bro.... thumb.gif
xd9denz
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz Hewlett-Packard HP EliteDesk 800 G1 TWR Nvidia Quadro K600 Kingston 4x4GB @1600 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate Barracuda 500GB Windows 7 Professional x64 HP V24a1 Full HD Monitor HP Generic 
PowerMouse
500W LiteOn PSU HP Generic 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
AMD A8-6410 AMD Radeon R7 M260 6GB @1600 Mhz 1TB HGST Drive(WD Company) 
Optical DriveOSMonitorAudio
Built-in Windows 8.1 15.6" Screen Built-in(Beats Audio with 2 speakers) 
  hide details  
Reply
xd9denz
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz Hewlett-Packard HP EliteDesk 800 G1 TWR Nvidia Quadro K600 Kingston 4x4GB @1600 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate Barracuda 500GB Windows 7 Professional x64 HP V24a1 Full HD Monitor HP Generic 
PowerMouse
500W LiteOn PSU HP Generic 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
AMD A8-6410 AMD Radeon R7 M260 6GB @1600 Mhz 1TB HGST Drive(WD Company) 
Optical DriveOSMonitorAudio
Built-in Windows 8.1 15.6" Screen Built-in(Beats Audio with 2 speakers) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5136 of 6664
Quote:
Originally Posted by wongwarren View Post

Don't go for AF (airflow) because on a heat-sink / radiator you want static pressure (SP).

Hmm, that makes sense. I wasn't sure what SP and AF meant.

What about these?

And can you get rubber mounts for a heatsink? I don't want these to vibrate and make noise.
Edited by triggdev - 11/21/12 at 7:40pm
post #5137 of 6664
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggdev View Post

Hmm, that makes sense. I wasn't sure what SP and AF meant.
What about these?
And can you get rubber mounts for a heatsink? I don't want these to vibrate and make noise.

No the R4 is terrible as a heat-sink fan. Cooler Master lied about the specifications of that fan. The stock fan that comes on the Hyper 212 Plus is the best.

My version of the heat-sink cones with plastic fan brackets that has rubber vibrations dampening pads, I don't know about the metal fan clip version
Need a doctor??
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5-3570k Asus P8P67 Pro Asus GeForce GTX 460 Palit GeForce 9500GT 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX 2x2GB DDR3 1600 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 Samsung SH-S223C Cooler Master Hyper 212X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 LG E2350T SteelSeries 7G FSP Aurum Gold 600W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
X5 Raynor Tower G1 Razer Abyssus Razer Sphex Audio-Technica ATH-M50 
Audio
Edifier M3300SF 
  hide details  
Reply
Need a doctor??
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5-3570k Asus P8P67 Pro Asus GeForce GTX 460 Palit GeForce 9500GT 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX 2x2GB DDR3 1600 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 Samsung SH-S223C Cooler Master Hyper 212X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 LG E2350T SteelSeries 7G FSP Aurum Gold 600W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
X5 Raynor Tower G1 Razer Abyssus Razer Sphex Audio-Technica ATH-M50 
Audio
Edifier M3300SF 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5138 of 6664
Quote:
Originally Posted by wongwarren View Post

No the R4 is terrible as a heat-sink fan. Cooler Master lied about the specifications of that fan. The stock fan that comes on the Hyper 212 Plus is the best.
My version of the heat-sink cones with plastic fan brackets that has rubber vibrations dampening pads, I don't know about the metal fan clip version

Hmm, Interesting. Well I wish I could get some decent blue LED ones, just because I think LED fans on a CPU cooler looks really cool.
I guess I'll go with the high performance Corsair ones. What version of the heatsink do you have? I bought the EVO for the heatpipes.
post #5139 of 6664
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggdev View Post

Hmm, Interesting. Well I wish I could get some decent blue LED ones, just because I think LED fans on a CPU cooler looks really cool.
I guess I'll go with the high performance Corsair ones. What version of the heatsink do you have? I bought the EVO for the heatpipes.

I have the Plus because when I bought it the Eco wasn't even announced.
Need a doctor??
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5-3570k Asus P8P67 Pro Asus GeForce GTX 460 Palit GeForce 9500GT 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX 2x2GB DDR3 1600 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 Samsung SH-S223C Cooler Master Hyper 212X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 LG E2350T SteelSeries 7G FSP Aurum Gold 600W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
X5 Raynor Tower G1 Razer Abyssus Razer Sphex Audio-Technica ATH-M50 
Audio
Edifier M3300SF 
  hide details  
Reply
Need a doctor??
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5-3570k Asus P8P67 Pro Asus GeForce GTX 460 Palit GeForce 9500GT 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX 2x2GB DDR3 1600 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 Samsung SH-S223C Cooler Master Hyper 212X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 LG E2350T SteelSeries 7G FSP Aurum Gold 600W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
X5 Raynor Tower G1 Razer Abyssus Razer Sphex Audio-Technica ATH-M50 
Audio
Edifier M3300SF 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5140 of 6664
Quote:
Originally Posted by wongwarren View Post

I have the Plus because when I bought it the Eco wasn't even announced.

Ohh, I thought you were saying that your version of the heatsink had rubber corners. I see now that you were talking about the fans.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus/EVO Club