Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus/EVO Club

1M views 7K replies 1K participants last post by  AeroZ 
#1 ·
Welcome to CM Hyper 212+/EVO Club!!

Support for CM Hyper 212+
Ask questions
Post comments
If you would like to be added please PM me

EDIT: You can also post in this thread to be added. Not sure if this is the official requirement, but I believe based on other posts that a picture of your cooler is needed, but if you have any questions or concerns about being added or about this thread, please don't hesitate to PM me about it.

You can now add yourself to the group!
Link is here! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFVfMEhJRkpLMWw5MHNtaDAxVm82NHc6MQ

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
What makes the Hyper 212+ so desirable?
One of the best things about the 212+ (aside from the price) is that you you don't need to buy anything extra to get excellent cooling. The BladeMaster fan that comes with it is one of the best you can get for it. Anything that will actually cool better is louder and would only give about a 1C lower temp anyway. You can always pick up a second BladeMaster (not an R4) to run in a push/pull setup. The next step up would be High Speed Yate Loon fans, but the difference isn't worth the additional sound level as far as I'm concerned. A pair of the Medium Speed Yate Loon fans would be quieter, but even in a Push/Pull configuration wouldn't be able to provide as much cooling capacity as the single BladeMaster that comes with the 212+. The regular R4's from Coolermaster don't have as much static pressure and are louder so they aren't as good for this as the stock BladeMaster's or even the High Speed Yate's are, although they would be about as loud.

A pair of BladeMaster's running in Push/Pull compared to a single BladeMaster would probably only be about 1 to 2C difference in temps. Unless you are doing some extreme overclocking or your computer is in a very hot climate it probably isn't enough to worry about. I only do it since I am running the Folding@Home SMP client on my systems
which means they run at 100% cpu load 24/7/365. If I wasn't doing that I would only be using a single BladeMaster
on mine.

What fan comes with the Hyper 212+?
This is the actual BladeMaster fan that comes with the 212+. There are other places that carry it though.

What if my motherboard doesn't have enough PWM fan headers to run a pair of fans in PWM mode?
This is a 12" 4-Pin PWM Fan Y-Adapter Power Cable to allow you to run a pair of BladeMasters off of the same PWM fan header on a motherboard so they stay in sync if you use PWM. Even if your mobo does have enough headers, this is still a great way to make sure that they work together in an optimal fashion.

EDIT: The current CM hyper 212+ seems to come with something different than the Thermal Fustion 400 and is of a lesser quality than the Thermal Fusion 400
Do I need to buy a different Thermal Interface Material (TIM)?
The ThermalFusion400 TIM that comes with the Hyper 212+ is excellent as well. It's better than anything Arctic Silver makes and within 1C of Arctic Cooling MX2 or MX3 or IC Diamond 7. The difference between MX-2, MX-3, MX-4, IC Diamond 7, or any of the other top TIM is about 1C when properly applied. For the most part it has more to do with how one applies the TIM than it does what TIM they use. The problem with Arctic Silver is that it has such a long break in period. It takes 2 weeks for it to properly break in and give optimum results. During that time it requires several periods of the system running for app. 2 hours, then off for 2 hours per day every day for 2 weeks or it never really cures. To top that off it needs to be cleaned off and re-applied every 10 to 12 months. Having to re-apply it wouldn't be so bad if it didn't have that long drawn out break in process. The other TIMS I mentioned along with the CM TIM that comes with the 212+ have a break in period of less than an hour, with most being only a couple of minutes, and that is with continuous running. THAT is what makes Arctic Silver such a poor TIM. Back when Arctic Silver was first introduced it was the best that was available, but that was 10 years or more ago. In the past 5 years or so several other TIM's have easily met or exceeded it's performance with much less work involved rendering AS not worth the time or trouble to use anymore.

How should I apply the TIM?
The Hyper 212+ is a Heatpipe Direct Contact so the two or three line method is normally the best way to go. It depends on the number of heatpipes as to how many lines is required, but the 212+ has 4. See the bottom method on this guide. The single drop or line of TIM in the middle rarely works on them.

That said, I did some experimenting with my Hyper 212+'s and am having my best results using a credit card to cram a bit into the crevices then spreading a light coat over the entire surface of the heatsink base and not putting any directly on the cpu's IHS. Cramming some into the crevices between the heat pipes and the heatsink base surface is the key though. If you don't you tend to get air bubbles that prevent optimal heat transfer.

What about side panel fans with a Hyper 212+?
The chances of being able to mount a fan in the side panel of your case with a Hyper 212+ is somewhere between slim and none. The good news is you don't really need one. At best ll that side panel fan will do if you can mount it is bounce air off of the top of the heatsink (and the sides of the fan housings) which won't have any positive affect on your cpu temps. At the worst the airflow from that side panel fan will disrupt the natural airflow in the case causing the cpu temps to rise. In some cases (puns intended) a fan in the lower side panel position blowing on the graphics cards might help cool them, but that isn't a guarantee. Most of the time all the side panel fans do is make your computer louder. You are normally better off just leaving the fans out of the side panel openings (if they exist) and allow the natural airflow to draw in cool air or expel hot air as needed. It can be worth the time to test it out though if you have a fan to mount there, but I wouldn't go out and buy one just to test with though.
_.=Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Club=._

Orthographic Dimensions

both images from Cooler Master's product page for the Hyper 212 Plus

RallyMaster's 212+ with Push-pull Yate Loon D12SL-12s

***Reviews***
First Courtesy uf mav2000
Fan Orientation Testing by chinesethunda

Hyper 212 EVO Review
Hyper 212 EVO review 2

***Members***

n00biE5200
calebchosen
headcase9
_Magic
xDuBz
draknir
MeatloafontheRadio
Boomer1979
jackkk1
rogueblade
BlackHoleSon
benyu
ryman546
Mapster
Heimsgard
mrmagoogt
test tube
Iggy0828
damocles

Danny Boy
usmankh10
damocles
mikhail00
jdazer
mumyoryu
RallyMaster
sportflyer
gd6noob
comawhite
SporkofdooM
N3C14R
jeesan485
terence52
TempestxPR
Ha-Nocri
gian84
jctpm
Turgin
reflex99

breakfromyou
Shooter116
Stealth Pyros
saint19
flashbulb
Crazy^^Red
hawaiian_geek
Satans_Hell
gant2k1
JDMfanatic
YangerD
NicksTricks007
MM-K
namurt
jetpuck73
JD4DC5
EazyMango
Lee79
ffejrxx
PapaSmurf

Zeke311
pyro_dude
amunrah
RoflNinja42
Atmosphere
foX2delta777
Zardoz
kingsrule5
hyujmn
Meatsauce
Keymaster4225
ocman
gtsteviiee
thx1138
BassDX
H0ourg1ass
Eno75 (former)
stockleyrod
Pieiam
braindrain

Smoblikat
HAGNK
Ginkosu
nickt1862
BungalowJunkie
oedstlych
Siegfried262
NguyenAdam
Seventh Badger
jach11
chinesethunda
abu46
Schwarz
Airrick10
wanako
glh00goh
victorzamora
suicideidiot321
blab8811
tori

donkrx
wongwarren
mrhiab
theSpacec0wboy
vitality
Xerof3ar
Fooliobass
jeffcox800
Jtmarch86
BearStyle
IXcrispyXI
Rebelord
vtecjunkie81
UCLAKoolman
modd1uk
Genome852
Sagman76
kayoh
kinonotabi
4LC4PON3

texas_nightowl
iXVappzz649Xi
Cee
Captain318
JonnyBigBoss
merwan
Neroh
hometoast
rdr09
RickyOG90
nowcontrol
Jaxlb
X-Country Dude96
ieatchairs
billcox0625
Metalcrack
Prpntblr95
Boyd
Geronimo25
RickyOG90

trumpet-205
stomii
jhsuperfast
iSpark
B0R1K
XReflection
Miz3r
*AcidBath*
iTzSenoko
Thanos1972
Nipaa~
consume
MGF Derp
pel
Junkboy
ishimura2446
Heazy
Epyon415
Rand Al'Thor
Matty8787

disturbed117

boogschd

nickt1862

afkingjay

Dad2David

chrisys93

Supper

Zeek

Pott

Xonipher

RushMore1205

konoii

jackblack644

Matt-Matt

DF is BUSY

MrWhiteRX7

kbrandon1

klewlis1

The Sandman

TheYonderGod

celticguardian1

Captain Mayhem

ranviper

TechT99

ivymaxwell

./Cy4n1d3\.

Blackout621

Xinoxide

Jaxis

crondable

breadcrums

Compunuts

kpreet1996

mrpurplehawk

Derko1

Knust

mkclan

MichaelZERO

Chubz

sandythedog

laser23

gr3nd3l

Stanfiem

Whitehair

Caustic Fox

am dew1

Methodical

nifatech2120

Marshmellow17

Boinz

itzhoovEr

RockThePylon

dipanzan

Pentium4 531 overclocker

the.grim.reaper

Maynard46

Uncle Dolans

Struzzin20

Fullmetalaj0

MKHunt

AlexNJ

thehybridkiwi

rainbrodash666

atarione

Faint

Akiei

Jolly Roger

General121

xnuw

Amhro

Riot
Wiffinberg

Turtley

ManiaKsLV

Sheyster

TheLombax

Wiffinberg

GeneO

Quantum Reality

Doc567

Ramsey77

Zantrill

liquidzoo

Segell

The Kurrk

NinjaToast

fbmowner

Alastair
Trunks

phillipjos

war6000

auroraborealis

PROBN4LYFE

Garabatos

dragonsamus

Nebacanezer

jdip

jordanecmusic

InsideJob

Heavy Mg

Nick84

VesperSAINT

I_Try_Pregame

Bombster

dr.evil

Infinite Jest

HelenKeller

PCSarge

Unlimate

Stinger5150

Lordred

Bonkers

StarvinMarvin

Nickc84

TheHarvman313

DizzlePro

Zettadox

47 Knucklehead

Hackcremo

zer0d3gree

FahrenheitGTI

Phenomanator53

KRAY-SLiCK

thescreensavers

Statius

Pheozero

dnnk

Bomster

8bitG33k

Lazlonius

kenmore81

Marioshi

phre0n

EliteReplay

mrtoyotaco

sherlock

williamdabastrd

steve210

rayzzr

stellamonstr7

keesgelder

lon5210

Crowe98

Khaled G

Gman200108

Radmanhs

Bobos Khedr

You can now add yourself to the group! link is here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFVfMEhJRkpLMWw5MHNtaDAxVm82NHc6MQ

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Aogbp1h5HteqdFVfMEhJRkpLMWw5MHNtaDAxVm82NHc&output=html&widget=true

We now have a club signature, courtesy of PapaSmurf. Just copy the code below into your sig.

Sig Link

Code:

Code:
[center][url="http://www.overclock.net/t/632591/cooler-master-hyper-212-plus-club"][B]-=-Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Club-=-[/B][/url][/center]

See less See more
#3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by n00biE5200 View Post
support for CM Hyper 212+
Ask questions
post comments

(I'm new at this)
Check out the Prolimatech Club for ideas on how your 1st post should look.

Do you have the Hyper 212+? You don't have it listed in your sig rig.

#5 ·
just bought it to day

Pros
-looks awesome
-Simple Install*
-2x120x120 fan support
-Huge
Cons
-Figuring out how to install
-Huge

*instructions are bad but once i figured it out it was easy
(Updated my sig rig)

#8 ·
Quote:

just bought it to day

Pros
-looks awesome
-Simple Install*
-2x120x120 fan support
-Huge
Cons
-Figuring out how to install
-Huge

*instructions are bad but once i figured it out it was easy
(Updated my sig rig)
LOL you think the 212+ is huge? Look at the Mugen 2 or the new NH-D14, now those are huge. Come on now...clean up that 1st post if your going to make it a club

#12 ·
Noobie5200, you need to edit your posts and not make double/triple/quadruple posts on your own. It's bad posting etiquette and generally frowned upon.

In reference to Calebs clock...that's not unusual for the i7 860 to hit so I am sure it isn't a mistype.

Great job starting the Members section.

#14 ·
Quote:

Can a moderator remove most of the previous posts? Please if yes take this one 2

4.1 Mhz
Heh, too right...Mhz would be a mistype now wouldn't it. Good catch...overlooked it

+rep for getting me...was like an optical illusion there.

#16 ·
Quote:

yeh rep thanks
where grunion? to delete
Grunion actually runs a different section. The moderators for each section can be found at the very bottom right. Go back to the Air Cooling section and you will see the list of moderators there.

#26 ·
count me in.. Coolermaster Hyper 212+ user/owner here!..

i changed the stock fan of the heatsink to 2pcs of Coolermaster R4-L2R-20CK-GP 120mm blue LED fans.. then i mounted the stock fan of the 212plus on the rear as an exhaust fan running at max speed (2200+rpm)..

p.s. sorry if the picture is grainy.. i dont have a good camera right now.. i just used the camera on my phone.. im spending more on my PC than a camera..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.