Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › PCI/AGP lock
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PCI/AGP lock

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
Hey, i've seen many people talk about the PCI/AGP lock.
To be honest with you, i don't know what the **** they're talking about. I've seen something in the bios that says PCI freq or something like that and it goes from 32-64-128 ...... is this it?
And what does it do?
Still Amd'
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego MSI K8N Neo4-F XFX 7600 GT-XXX 1024 mb MDT 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows XP Pro SP2 Samsung Syncmaster 940BW Saitek Eclipse NZXT Trinity 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Copperhead Tempest Steelpad Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Still Amd'
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego MSI K8N Neo4-F XFX 7600 GT-XXX 1024 mb MDT 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows XP Pro SP2 Samsung Syncmaster 940BW Saitek Eclipse NZXT Trinity 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Copperhead Tempest Steelpad Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD-rules
Hey, i've seen many people talk about the PCI/AGP lock.
To be honest with you, i don't know what the **** they're talking about. I've seen something in the bios that says PCI freq or something like that and it goes from 32-64-128 ...... is this it?
And what does it do?
It locks your PCI and AGP bus from being tweaked.. basically, when you OC your bus speeds, the PCI bus becomes unhappy and doesnt want to boot up.. So, it is best to keep them locked... So set your AGP to 66 and your PCI to 33 (or choose the "fixed option' if there is one) I would be called AGP: PCI frequency, or whatever, really depends on the motherboard.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
T2500 Core Duo Dell Laptop Quadro 1500m flashed--> 7900GTX 2x1GB G.Skill DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
200GB SATA 5400RPM 8x DVD±RW Burner XP Home SP2 17" LCD (1920x1200) + 20.1" Samsung Widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
GE Keyboard 9 Cell Battery E1705 Frame Razer Diamondback 
Mouse Pad
Icemat 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
T2500 Core Duo Dell Laptop Quadro 1500m flashed--> 7900GTX 2x1GB G.Skill DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
200GB SATA 5400RPM 8x DVD±RW Burner XP Home SP2 17" LCD (1920x1200) + 20.1" Samsung Widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
GE Keyboard 9 Cell Battery E1705 Frame Razer Diamondback 
Mouse Pad
Icemat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowza
It locks your PCI and AGP bus from being tweaked.. basically, when you OC your bus speeds, the PCI bus becomes unhappy and doesnt want to boot up.. So, it is best to keep them locked... So set your AGP to 66 and your PCI to 33 (or choose the "fixed option' if there is one) I would be called AGP: PCI frequency, or whatever, really depends on the motherboard.
And whenn i've found the perfect speed, can I set the AGP higher?? 70 or so, Or doesn't AGP speed matter that much?
Still Amd'
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego MSI K8N Neo4-F XFX 7600 GT-XXX 1024 mb MDT 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows XP Pro SP2 Samsung Syncmaster 940BW Saitek Eclipse NZXT Trinity 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Copperhead Tempest Steelpad Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Still Amd'
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego MSI K8N Neo4-F XFX 7600 GT-XXX 1024 mb MDT 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows XP Pro SP2 Samsung Syncmaster 940BW Saitek Eclipse NZXT Trinity 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Copperhead Tempest Steelpad Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD-rules
And whenn i've found the perfect speed, can I set the AGP higher?? 70 or so, Or doesn't AGP speed matter that much?
there is no need for your agp speed to go higher than 67mhz, any higher and you can cause damage. The improvements in performance are almost 0 to go any higher.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X2 3800 ALBATRON KM51PV M-ATX Gainward 7900GT 512MB Team Group PC4K 2GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
4 x 250GB That is me. 19" LCD WOLF CLAW V2 
PowerCaseMouse
Silverstone Grunt Aspire X-QPACK The trigger machanism 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X2 3800 ALBATRON KM51PV M-ATX Gainward 7900GT 512MB Team Group PC4K 2GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
4 x 250GB That is me. 19" LCD WOLF CLAW V2 
PowerCaseMouse
Silverstone Grunt Aspire X-QPACK The trigger machanism 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuchan
there is no need for your agp speed to go higher than 67mhz, any higher and you can cause damage. The improvements in performance are almost 0 to go any higher.
Ok, thx. But why can you overclock the AGP bus when it's of no use?
Still Amd'
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego MSI K8N Neo4-F XFX 7600 GT-XXX 1024 mb MDT 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows XP Pro SP2 Samsung Syncmaster 940BW Saitek Eclipse NZXT Trinity 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Copperhead Tempest Steelpad Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Still Amd'
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego MSI K8N Neo4-F XFX 7600 GT-XXX 1024 mb MDT 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows XP Pro SP2 Samsung Syncmaster 940BW Saitek Eclipse NZXT Trinity 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Copperhead Tempest Steelpad Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD-rules
Ok, thx. But why can you overclock the AGP bus when it's of no use?
It is just a usless feature put onto some motherboards (most actually), im not quite shure why though..
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
T2500 Core Duo Dell Laptop Quadro 1500m flashed--> 7900GTX 2x1GB G.Skill DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
200GB SATA 5400RPM 8x DVD±RW Burner XP Home SP2 17" LCD (1920x1200) + 20.1" Samsung Widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
GE Keyboard 9 Cell Battery E1705 Frame Razer Diamondback 
Mouse Pad
Icemat 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
T2500 Core Duo Dell Laptop Quadro 1500m flashed--> 7900GTX 2x1GB G.Skill DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
200GB SATA 5400RPM 8x DVD±RW Burner XP Home SP2 17" LCD (1920x1200) + 20.1" Samsung Widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
GE Keyboard 9 Cell Battery E1705 Frame Razer Diamondback 
Mouse Pad
Icemat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowza
It is just a usless feature put onto some motherboards (most actually), im not quite shure why though..
There are various things in a BIOS that are totally useless... why they are there is beyond me too!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X4 965 ASUS M4A79 Deluxe 9800GTx2 2x2G OCZ Reapers 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500G WD Black LiteOn CD/DVD R/W Win7 64 22'' ws Acer AL2223W 
KeyboardPowerMouse
MS KU462 Natural SS DA750 MS 5 button 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X4 965 ASUS M4A79 Deluxe 9800GTx2 2x2G OCZ Reapers 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500G WD Black LiteOn CD/DVD R/W Win7 64 22'' ws Acer AL2223W 
KeyboardPowerMouse
MS KU462 Natural SS DA750 MS 5 button 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › PCI/AGP lock