Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › How to increase the PERFORMANCE OF MY OS !
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How to increase the PERFORMANCE OF MY OS !

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
Hey guys ,


sorry i know its not the place where to ask this kind of question, but its related to the cpu anyways...

I have overclocked the cpu from 2.2ghz to 2.53ghz not a good overclock but thats wat i was able to get with my PSU . Anyways, i was wonderin what tweaks u guys suggest to get the HIGHESTperformance that my pc is hiding in my windows or hardware. I use TuneUp Utilities 2006, Ad-Aware SE Professional and System Mechanic Professional 6 to keep the pc clean and fast, but iam not really convinced with auto cleanning, i would like to try advance tweakage . For instance, i followed this http://majorgeeks.com/page.php?id=12 and it was usefull after i followed it step by step , is there any more advanced tweaking ?

thanks .
yeah yeah...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P Gigabyte 4890 Mushkin XP2-8000 Xtreme Performance Redline DDR2 S 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
500 GB Western Digital Cavier black. Windows 7 x64 SAMSUNG HDTV LCD 46" lycosa 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX750w Cooler Master CM690 Val Gear 
  hide details  
Reply
yeah yeah...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P Gigabyte 4890 Mushkin XP2-8000 Xtreme Performance Redline DDR2 S 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
500 GB Western Digital Cavier black. Windows 7 x64 SAMSUNG HDTV LCD 46" lycosa 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX750w Cooler Master CM690 Val Gear 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 16
Use microsoft antispyware
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

and CCleaner only
http://www.ccleaner.com/

These two programs are excellent. I would remove all other programs because many of them have their own attached spyware.

You can also do some registry tweaks and BIOS settings to speed up the computer.
System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2500k ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 AMD 7970 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 256GB SATA DVD Burner Windows 7 64 bit Deal U2410 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Adesso Mechanical Silverstone OP650 Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2500k ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 AMD 7970 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 256GB SATA DVD Burner Windows 7 64 bit Deal U2410 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Adesso Mechanical Silverstone OP650 Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldovi
Use microsoft antispyware
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

and CCleaner only
http://www.ccleaner.com/

These two programs are excellent. I would remove all other programs because many of them have their own attached spyware.

You can also do some registry tweaks and BIOS settings to speed up the computer.

U see *Above* the program i use , rnt free , each one of them has his own Registery tweaking . For example , defraging register , registery cleanning etc...Now ,honestly about cccleaner is nothing compared to those programs.Anyways, i didnt get wat u mean by tweaking BIOS settings to speed up the computer , wat settings r u talking about ?
yeah yeah...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P Gigabyte 4890 Mushkin XP2-8000 Xtreme Performance Redline DDR2 S 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
500 GB Western Digital Cavier black. Windows 7 x64 SAMSUNG HDTV LCD 46" lycosa 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX750w Cooler Master CM690 Val Gear 
  hide details  
Reply
yeah yeah...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P Gigabyte 4890 Mushkin XP2-8000 Xtreme Performance Redline DDR2 S 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
500 GB Western Digital Cavier black. Windows 7 x64 SAMSUNG HDTV LCD 46" lycosa 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX750w Cooler Master CM690 Val Gear 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 16
Here are several things you can do in increase your computer performance in one way or another:

1. Turn off Windows visual apperances

Right click on my computer and go to properties. Then go to advanced and click on performance settings. Click adjust for best performance and then click ok.

2. Remove you backround image. Set you backround image to none. This will save ram.

3. Turn off indexing service

Go to my computer. Right click on your hard drive and click on properties. Find the box that says "Allow Indexing Services for fast file searching." Make sure it is NOT seleted. Indexing Services is only useful if you are a compulsive searcher. Other than that is eats memory.

4. Remove your 'saved' recycling bin space. Right click on the recycling bin and click properties. Click configure drive independently. Then go to that drive and make it as small as you want. I have mine on 0%.

5. Make virtual memory the same size. Right click on my computer, go to properties. Then click on Advanced. Then click on performance, and then advanced again. Click change under virtual memory. Can the initial size to be the same size as the max size. Make this size equal to your RAM size.
System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2500k ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 AMD 7970 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 256GB SATA DVD Burner Windows 7 64 bit Deal U2410 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Adesso Mechanical Silverstone OP650 Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2500k ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 AMD 7970 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 256GB SATA DVD Burner Windows 7 64 bit Deal U2410 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Adesso Mechanical Silverstone OP650 Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 16
6. Go into your BIOS and find you boot settings. Remove your CD drive and floppy drive from the boot progress. Having only your Hard drive on boot will speed up your boot time.

7. In BIOS find your serial and parallel port settings. Turn them off. This will save some system resources. (unless you use those ports, i.e. REAL old printer)

8. Go to Start, run, and type in 'regedit.' Then navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\CONTROL PANEL\\DESKTOP

find AutoEndTask, click on it and make the value 1.

Also, find WaitToKillAppTimeout and change it's value to 3500.

You know when a program is not responding and you click end task, but it doesn't end. Now a program will end the second you click end task. Whooohoo! Try it!

9. Go to your harddrive then to the windows folder and find the fold 'prefetch.' Delete everything in this folder. Make a shortcut to the folder and delete what is in it once a week or so.
System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2500k ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 AMD 7970 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 256GB SATA DVD Burner Windows 7 64 bit Deal U2410 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Adesso Mechanical Silverstone OP650 Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2500k ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 AMD 7970 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 256GB SATA DVD Burner Windows 7 64 bit Deal U2410 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Adesso Mechanical Silverstone OP650 Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 16
check out my faq, it has good stuff for wat u need.
http://www.overclock.net/faqs/24166-...tml#post248200
Matador
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 DFI P35 T2RS Sapphire 4850 Ballistix Tracer 2GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB Samsung SpinPoint Samsung DVD RW Win 7 Samsung 2253LW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech EX110 OCZ EvoStream 720W Cooler Master 690 Razer Diamondback 
  hide details  
Reply
Matador
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 DFI P35 T2RS Sapphire 4850 Ballistix Tracer 2GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB Samsung SpinPoint Samsung DVD RW Win 7 Samsung 2253LW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech EX110 OCZ EvoStream 720W Cooler Master 690 Razer Diamondback 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitt3
Hey guys ,


sorry i know its not the place where to ask this kind of question, but its related to the cpu anyways...

I have overclocked the cpu from 2.2ghz to 2.53ghz not a good overclock but thats wat i was able to get with my PSU . Anyways, i was wonderin what tweaks u guys suggest to get the HIGHESTperformance that my pc is hiding in my windows or hardware. I use TuneUp Utilities 2006, Ad-Aware SE Professional and System Mechanic Professional 6 to keep the pc clean and fast, but iam not really convinced with auto cleanning, i would like to try advance tweakage . For instance, i followed this http://majorgeeks.com/page.php?id=12 and it was usefull after i followed it step by step , is there any more advanced tweaking ?

thanks .
I think Adaware is the biggest POS in the world...
System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2500k ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 AMD 7970 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 256GB SATA DVD Burner Windows 7 64 bit Deal U2410 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Adesso Mechanical Silverstone OP650 Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2500k ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 AMD 7970 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 256GB SATA DVD Burner Windows 7 64 bit Deal U2410 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Adesso Mechanical Silverstone OP650 Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitt3
U see *Above* the program i use , rnt free , each one of them has his own Registery tweaking . For example , defraging register , registery cleanning etc...Now ,honestly about cccleaner is nothing compared to those programs.Anyways, i didnt get wat u mean by tweaking BIOS settings to speed up the computer , wat settings r u talking about ?

Check this FAQ - its excellent I noticed a large improvement in how Windows operates.
Black Out
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 BE C3 MSI NF980-G65 EVGA GTS 250 1 GB OCZ Black Edition 4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
RAID 0 Caviar Blue 500GB Samsung DVD+-RW Custom Water Cooling, 2+1.120 Rad Windows 7 Pro 32-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 23" BX2331 2ms Logitech Wireless OCZ ModXstream 700W Lian-Li PC-V1000B Plus 
MouseAudio
Logitech G9x Realtek Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Out
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 BE C3 MSI NF980-G65 EVGA GTS 250 1 GB OCZ Black Edition 4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
RAID 0 Caviar Blue 500GB Samsung DVD+-RW Custom Water Cooling, 2+1.120 Rad Windows 7 Pro 32-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 23" BX2331 2ms Logitech Wireless OCZ ModXstream 700W Lian-Li PC-V1000B Plus 
MouseAudio
Logitech G9x Realtek Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldovi
Here are several things you can do in increase your computer performance in one way or another:

1. Turn off Windows visual apperances

Right click on my computer and go to properties. Then go to advanced and click on performance settings. Click adjust for best performance and then click ok.

2. Remove you backround image. Set you backround image to none. This will save ram.

3. Turn off indexing service

Go to my computer. Right click on your hard drive and click on properties. Find the box that says "Allow Indexing Services for fast file searching." Make sure it is NOT seleted. Indexing Services is only useful if you are a compulsive searcher. Other than that is eats memory.

4. Remove your 'saved' recycling bin space. Right click on the recycling bin and click properties. Click configure drive independently. Then go to that drive and make it as small as you want. I have mine on 0%.

5. Make virtual memory the same size. Right click on my computer, go to properties. Then click on Advanced. Then click on performance, and then advanced again. Click change under virtual memory. Can the initial size to be the same size as the max size. Make this size equal to your RAM size.
Thanks alot but i have already done that like 1 year ago but really thanks for ur time .
yeah yeah...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P Gigabyte 4890 Mushkin XP2-8000 Xtreme Performance Redline DDR2 S 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
500 GB Western Digital Cavier black. Windows 7 x64 SAMSUNG HDTV LCD 46" lycosa 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX750w Cooler Master CM690 Val Gear 
  hide details  
Reply
yeah yeah...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P Gigabyte 4890 Mushkin XP2-8000 Xtreme Performance Redline DDR2 S 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
500 GB Western Digital Cavier black. Windows 7 x64 SAMSUNG HDTV LCD 46" lycosa 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX750w Cooler Master CM690 Val Gear 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldovi
6. Go into your BIOS and find you boot settings. Remove your CD drive and floppy drive from the boot progress. Having only your Hard drive on boot will speed up your boot time.

7. In BIOS find your serial and parallel port settings. Turn them off. This will save some system resources. (unless you use those ports, i.e. REAL old printer)

8. Go to Start, run, and type in 'regedit.' Then navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\CONTROL PANEL\\DESKTOP

find AutoEndTask, click on it and make the value 1.

Also, find WaitToKillAppTimeout and change it's value to 3500.

You know when a program is not responding and you click end task, but it doesn't end. Now a program will end the second you click end task. Whooohoo! Try it!

9. Go to your harddrive then to the windows folder and find the fold 'prefetch.' Delete everything in this folder. Make a shortcut to the folder and delete what is in it once a week or so.

once agian thanks for ur time but i already have done that too . I really appreciate ur time.
yeah yeah...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P Gigabyte 4890 Mushkin XP2-8000 Xtreme Performance Redline DDR2 S 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
500 GB Western Digital Cavier black. Windows 7 x64 SAMSUNG HDTV LCD 46" lycosa 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX750w Cooler Master CM690 Val Gear 
  hide details  
Reply
yeah yeah...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P Gigabyte 4890 Mushkin XP2-8000 Xtreme Performance Redline DDR2 S 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
500 GB Western Digital Cavier black. Windows 7 x64 SAMSUNG HDTV LCD 46" lycosa 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX750w Cooler Master CM690 Val Gear 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › How to increase the PERFORMANCE OF MY OS !