Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › E5300 overclockers club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

E5300 overclockers club - Page 157

post #1561 of 1688
Not yet.

I'm still using it and have been stable at 3.90Ghz for months now. It can probably stable at 4Ghz (I only orthos it 2 hours) but the vcore got much higher than I thought, my mainboard isn't that good for OC so I'm satisfied with the current result.

Wonder if E8400@4Ghz will make any difference in gaming?
Edited by Sk1nNy - 9/24/11 at 10:24am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k Asus P8Z68-V GEN3 ASUS GTX560Ti DCII/2DI/1GD5 G.Skill Sniper 2x4gb DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 250GB + 1,5TB ASUS USB DVD-RW Win7 64bit Dell U2312HM + Panasonic TH-42X20V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Expert Seasonic SII 620W Bronze Cougar Evolution Microsoft IE 3.0 
Mouse PadAudio
QcK Heavy Logitech Z-5500 + Steelseries Siberia V2 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k Asus P8Z68-V GEN3 ASUS GTX560Ti DCII/2DI/1GD5 G.Skill Sniper 2x4gb DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 250GB + 1,5TB ASUS USB DVD-RW Win7 64bit Dell U2312HM + Panasonic TH-42X20V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Expert Seasonic SII 620W Bronze Cougar Evolution Microsoft IE 3.0 
Mouse PadAudio
QcK Heavy Logitech Z-5500 + Steelseries Siberia V2 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1562 of 1688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk1nNy;15049890 
Not yet.

I'm still using it and have been stable at 3.90Ghz for months now. It can probably stable at 4Ghz (I only orthos it 2 hours) but the vcore got much higher than I thought, my mainboard isn't that good for OC so I'm satisfied with the current result.

Wonder if E8400@4Ghz will make any difference in gaming?
A 100mhz increase will have a very minor effect on gaming performance. Getting the FSB up higher would have a bigger impact, provided you can do it. What are your current settings for this overclock?
Leviathan
(17 items)
 
Charred
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Xeon E5-2690 Biostar TPower X79 PNY GTX 660 2GB HP GT 440 OEM 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill Ripjaws 4x2GB 1600mhz Seagate Barracuda 500GB Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB Western Digital Caviar Blue 640GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Patriot Pyro 60GB Xigmatek Gaia Windows 7 Ultimate Acer S230HL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Princeton 1280x1024 19" Logitech K120 Seasonic G550 Xclio Nighthawk 
Mouse
Logitech MX310 
  hide details  
Reply
Leviathan
(17 items)
 
Charred
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Xeon E5-2690 Biostar TPower X79 PNY GTX 660 2GB HP GT 440 OEM 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill Ripjaws 4x2GB 1600mhz Seagate Barracuda 500GB Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB Western Digital Caviar Blue 640GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Patriot Pyro 60GB Xigmatek Gaia Windows 7 Ultimate Acer S230HL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Princeton 1280x1024 19" Logitech K120 Seasonic G550 Xclio Nighthawk 
Mouse
Logitech MX310 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1563 of 1688
I just took these 2 pictures. I did once try smaller multiply and higher FSB,but I don't know if it helps the performance,so I changed back to this.

The CPU vcore is probably the lowest it can get,lower it will be unstable after 2 hours. The VRAM is also the lowest possible.

IMG_7450.jpg

IMG_7451.jpg
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k Asus P8Z68-V GEN3 ASUS GTX560Ti DCII/2DI/1GD5 G.Skill Sniper 2x4gb DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 250GB + 1,5TB ASUS USB DVD-RW Win7 64bit Dell U2312HM + Panasonic TH-42X20V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Expert Seasonic SII 620W Bronze Cougar Evolution Microsoft IE 3.0 
Mouse PadAudio
QcK Heavy Logitech Z-5500 + Steelseries Siberia V2 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k Asus P8Z68-V GEN3 ASUS GTX560Ti DCII/2DI/1GD5 G.Skill Sniper 2x4gb DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 250GB + 1,5TB ASUS USB DVD-RW Win7 64bit Dell U2312HM + Panasonic TH-42X20V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Expert Seasonic SII 620W Bronze Cougar Evolution Microsoft IE 3.0 
Mouse PadAudio
QcK Heavy Logitech Z-5500 + Steelseries Siberia V2 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1564 of 1688
i dont think there is much more you can do. That vcore is almost too high to be safe. If i were you, id go out and get a better chip that will clock higher on less voltage.

And running it @ 325x12 will have an improvement over 300x13. With this processor, higher FSB and a 1:1 dram ratio works wonders.
Leviathan
(17 items)
 
Charred
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Xeon E5-2690 Biostar TPower X79 PNY GTX 660 2GB HP GT 440 OEM 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill Ripjaws 4x2GB 1600mhz Seagate Barracuda 500GB Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB Western Digital Caviar Blue 640GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Patriot Pyro 60GB Xigmatek Gaia Windows 7 Ultimate Acer S230HL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Princeton 1280x1024 19" Logitech K120 Seasonic G550 Xclio Nighthawk 
Mouse
Logitech MX310 
  hide details  
Reply
Leviathan
(17 items)
 
Charred
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Xeon E5-2690 Biostar TPower X79 PNY GTX 660 2GB HP GT 440 OEM 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill Ripjaws 4x2GB 1600mhz Seagate Barracuda 500GB Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB Western Digital Caviar Blue 640GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Patriot Pyro 60GB Xigmatek Gaia Windows 7 Ultimate Acer S230HL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Princeton 1280x1024 19" Logitech K120 Seasonic G550 Xclio Nighthawk 
Mouse
Logitech MX310 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1565 of 1688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrious;15051168 
i dont think there is much more you can do. That vcore is almost too high to be safe. If i were you, id go out and get a better chip that will clock higher on less voltage.

And running it @ 325x12 will have an improvement over 300x13. With this processor, higher FSB and a 1:1 dram ratio works wonders.

I'm trying to stick with this one and save the money for a better platform. Since my mainboard isn't that good either.

Thanks I'll try it wink.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k Asus P8Z68-V GEN3 ASUS GTX560Ti DCII/2DI/1GD5 G.Skill Sniper 2x4gb DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 250GB + 1,5TB ASUS USB DVD-RW Win7 64bit Dell U2312HM + Panasonic TH-42X20V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Expert Seasonic SII 620W Bronze Cougar Evolution Microsoft IE 3.0 
Mouse PadAudio
QcK Heavy Logitech Z-5500 + Steelseries Siberia V2 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k Asus P8Z68-V GEN3 ASUS GTX560Ti DCII/2DI/1GD5 G.Skill Sniper 2x4gb DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 250GB + 1,5TB ASUS USB DVD-RW Win7 64bit Dell U2312HM + Panasonic TH-42X20V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Expert Seasonic SII 620W Bronze Cougar Evolution Microsoft IE 3.0 
Mouse PadAudio
QcK Heavy Logitech Z-5500 + Steelseries Siberia V2 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1566 of 1688
Ok now it is stable @ 350x11=3.85Ghz. DDR vol is only +0.1V
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k Asus P8Z68-V GEN3 ASUS GTX560Ti DCII/2DI/1GD5 G.Skill Sniper 2x4gb DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 250GB + 1,5TB ASUS USB DVD-RW Win7 64bit Dell U2312HM + Panasonic TH-42X20V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Expert Seasonic SII 620W Bronze Cougar Evolution Microsoft IE 3.0 
Mouse PadAudio
QcK Heavy Logitech Z-5500 + Steelseries Siberia V2 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k Asus P8Z68-V GEN3 ASUS GTX560Ti DCII/2DI/1GD5 G.Skill Sniper 2x4gb DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 250GB + 1,5TB ASUS USB DVD-RW Win7 64bit Dell U2312HM + Panasonic TH-42X20V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Expert Seasonic SII 620W Bronze Cougar Evolution Microsoft IE 3.0 
Mouse PadAudio
QcK Heavy Logitech Z-5500 + Steelseries Siberia V2 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1567 of 1688
Hi good to see I have a E5300 with a Gigabyte G31 motherboard and so far and managed to put the CPU with the following values​​:

Multiplier: 10.5

FSB: 333 making a total of 3.5 ghz stable with proof of 7 hours.

VCore: 1.32500


For doubt is like climbing to 3.8 ghz that when I put the multiplier at 11.5 GHz for the 3.8 blue screen and restarts : Mad:
post #1568 of 1688
Anyone still around?? Due to budget, I will be keeping this chip for a while and want to start overlocking. I have a stock heat sink (I plan on getting an aftermarket cooler in a month or so) and would like to push this thing to 3.4 or higher. I have a g41m-es2l mobard with this cpu. I am very new to this and have tried reading through the thread, but there is just so much information.

I currently have just changed the fsb to 231 x13 and I can run an even 3.00ghz stable. I tried messing with some of the voltages, but my board just resets back to the default. is it simply a matter of just messing with the voltages until the pc will boot up? Can someone suggest an overclock for me to try?
post #1569 of 1688
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryudo423 View Post

Anyone still around?? Due to budget, I will be keeping this chip for a while and want to start overlocking. I have a stock heat sink (I plan on getting an aftermarket cooler in a month or so) and would like to push this thing to 3.4 or higher. I have a g41m-es2l mobard with this cpu. I am very new to this and have tried reading through the thread, but there is just so much information.
I currently have just changed the fsb to 231 x13 and I can run an even 3.00ghz stable. I tried messing with some of the voltages, but my board just resets back to the default. is it simply a matter of just messing with the voltages until the pc will boot up? Can someone suggest an overclock for me to try?

Disable onboard graphics. It does not like running faster than 200mhz and will massively limit your overclock.

I have that very motherboard, and it is a beast at overclocking 45nm duals. The voltage needed for 3.4ghz will vary from chip to chip, but unless you have an extraordinarily bad chip, it should be possible on 1.32-1.34 vcore. If you are aiming for a high FSB clock, you will need 2 things: DDR2-1066 or faster ram (if you can get DDR2-1200, your life will be much easier), and a bump in the termination voltage to 1.3v. This should get you to 343mhz FSB, at which point the FSB wall common to the G41 chipset rears its ugly head. This wall can be bypassed at the cost of running the ram in single channel with the stick in question in the slot closest to the processor. I managed to get 400mhz FSB out of my board through this method, your mileage may vary.

All in all, getting 3.4 out of it should be nice and easy. 4 on the other hand is a whole nother ball game and depends on the quality of the chip. 4.5 is where exotic cooling is required as wolfdales tend to not like going past 4.3-4.4ghz without a boatload of voltage.
Leviathan
(17 items)
 
Charred
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Xeon E5-2690 Biostar TPower X79 PNY GTX 660 2GB HP GT 440 OEM 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill Ripjaws 4x2GB 1600mhz Seagate Barracuda 500GB Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB Western Digital Caviar Blue 640GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Patriot Pyro 60GB Xigmatek Gaia Windows 7 Ultimate Acer S230HL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Princeton 1280x1024 19" Logitech K120 Seasonic G550 Xclio Nighthawk 
Mouse
Logitech MX310 
  hide details  
Reply
Leviathan
(17 items)
 
Charred
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Xeon E5-2690 Biostar TPower X79 PNY GTX 660 2GB HP GT 440 OEM 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill Ripjaws 4x2GB 1600mhz Seagate Barracuda 500GB Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB Western Digital Caviar Blue 640GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Patriot Pyro 60GB Xigmatek Gaia Windows 7 Ultimate Acer S230HL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Princeton 1280x1024 19" Logitech K120 Seasonic G550 Xclio Nighthawk 
Mouse
Logitech MX310 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1570 of 1688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrious View Post

Disable onboard graphics. It does not like running faster than 200mhz and will massively limit your overclock.
I have that very motherboard, and it is a beast at overclocking 45nm duals. The voltage needed for 3.4ghz will vary from chip to chip, but unless you have an extraordinarily bad chip, it should be possible on 1.32-1.34 vcore. If you are aiming for a high FSB clock, you will need 2 things: DDR2-1066 or faster ram (if you can get DDR2-1200, your life will be much easier), and a bump in the termination voltage to 1.3v. This should get you to 343mhz FSB, at which point the FSB wall common to the G41 chipset rears its ugly head. This wall can be bypassed at the cost of running the ram in single channel with the stick in question in the slot closest to the processor. I managed to get 400mhz FSB out of my board through this method, your mileage may vary.
All in all, getting 3.4 out of it should be nice and easy. 4 on the other hand is a whole nother ball game and depends on the quality of the chip. 4.5 is where exotic cooling is required as wolfdales tend to not like going past 4.3-4.4ghz without a boatload of voltage.

Hey man! Thanks for the quick response. I should have mentioned my ram and wish i would have known this about a week ago. I just purchased a 2gb stick of G Skill ddr2800 ram to pair with a PQI ddr2800 stick. I would have went higher, but I had no idea the board would accept it. I have a gt 240 so I believe the onboard graphics is turned off, but I will check. Can I still achieve a decent overclock with this ram? I'll try the settings you suggested and see what happens.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › E5300 overclockers club