Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Hard Drives & Storage › SSD › How to get your Kingston 40GB SSD to support TRIM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How to get your Kingston 40GB SSD to support TRIM - Page 16

post #151 of 285
Thread Starter 
Thanks for all the confirmations and tips. I will add them to the testimony post. I am glad to see people still having success. HDAT2 definitely hates Gigabyte motherboards it would seem.
post #152 of 285
I thought the Kingston V series drives used an Jmicron controller not intel
Custom
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 @ 3.69GHz Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4 XFX GTX 285 Black Edition 3x2GB Kingston 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x Intel X25-M Raid 0, 3x Seagate 1.5TB Raid 5 Blu Ray Reader Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2x LG W2242T 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Xigmatek 1200W Thermaltake V9 Logitech G9 
  hide details  
Reply
Custom
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 @ 3.69GHz Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4 XFX GTX 285 Black Edition 3x2GB Kingston 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x Intel X25-M Raid 0, 3x Seagate 1.5TB Raid 5 Blu Ray Reader Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2x LG W2242T 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Xigmatek 1200W Thermaltake V9 Logitech G9 
  hide details  
Reply
post #153 of 285
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by somerandomguy93 View Post
I thought the Kingston V series drives used an Jmicron controller not intel
That's the 64GB Drives mate.
post #154 of 285
Another success here. Using modded firmware alongside the Intel SSD Toolbox under Windows XP. Obviously, no native TRIM support in XP, but is there anything else I should be aware of using this SSD with XP?
post #155 of 285
I, too, had to join to say "thank you" to everyone; this worked for me without a hitch. I now have 2CV102HD firmware and TRIM enabled.
I guess I can delete that email from Kingston saying the SNV125-S2/40GB will never support TRIM!

I'll list some details, in case it helps anyone:
I used my Dell M1330, set to IDE mode in the BIOS, for both operations. I've had good luck using the laptop for flashing the Vertex units I have; with only one drive for the flasher to contend-with, I think it makes things simpler. Other than that, I updated the Firmware first; that went smooth. Then I booted the HDAT2 iso and that went quickly and smoothly also.

So, thanks again.
Tom
post #156 of 285
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by droc View Post
Another success here. Using modded firmware alongside the Intel SSD Toolbox under Windows XP. Obviously, no native TRIM support in XP, but is there anything else I should be aware of using this SSD with XP?
Glad you have it working. With XP other than no Auto TRIM support that is all really. Last time I looked that's the only difference between using and SSD with Win7 and XP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrtom View Post
I, too, had to join to say "thank you" to everyone; this worked for me without a hitch. I now have 2CV102HD firmware and TRIM enabled.
I guess I can delete that email from Kingston saying the SNV125-S2/40GB will never support TRIM!

I'll list some details, in case it helps anyone:
I used my Dell M1330, set to IDE mode in the BIOS, for both operations. I've had good luck using the laptop for flashing the Vertex units I have; with only one drive for the flasher to contend-with, I think it makes things simpler. Other than that, I updated the Firmware first; that went smooth. Then I booted the HDAT2 iso and that went quickly and smoothly also.

So, thanks again.
Tom
Awesome glad you have got it working. Thanks for your success story. I will add it to the 2nd post.

Cheers to all
post #157 of 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE View Post
Glad you have it working. With XP other than no Auto TRIM support that is all really. Last time I looked that's the only difference between using and SSD with Win7 and XP.
Well, and the fact that XP doesn't create properly aligned partitions on SSD... To avoid amis-aligned partition (which can affect performance, tho not as much on Intel SSD as other SSD) you should just format it manually using diskpart.exe and the proper offset or format it on a Vista/Win7 machine.
post #158 of 285
For those of you having trouble with Gigabyte motherboards and HDAT2, where the system hangs when scanning for inth13 devices, simply add the /D=10 parameter to the command line and all should be well. /D=10 excludes the inth13 scan from the launch routine. Incidentally, you can exclude other scans as well--just run hdat2 /? to see the full list of options available.

I just flashed my Kingston drive and TRIM is working properly now.
post #159 of 285
Worked fine for me on my Acer 6935G laptop. All in AHCI mode too.

Lovely =)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Meaks/SSIntel.jpg
Edited by Meaker - 3/19/10 at 5:06pm
Kali4
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 6700K P870DM3 GTX 1080 GTX 1080  
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
2x8GB G.Skill Samsung SM961 Windows 10 17.3" AUO 120Hz IPS panel 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Built in 2x 330W Delta Sager NP9873 Sensei wireless 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer scarab Creative Scout 3D USB 
  hide details  
Reply
Kali4
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 6700K P870DM3 GTX 1080 GTX 1080  
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
2x8GB G.Skill Samsung SM961 Windows 10 17.3" AUO 120Hz IPS panel 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Built in 2x 330W Delta Sager NP9873 Sensei wireless 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer scarab Creative Scout 3D USB 
  hide details  
Reply
post #160 of 285
Could this modified intel updater detect my "HP branded" Intel SSDs? Or does it only detect this kingston drive?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: SSD
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Hard Drives & Storage › SSD › How to get your Kingston 40GB SSD to support TRIM